The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 27-09-2019, 06:15   #41
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

he lost lots of balls but it doesn't matter. everybody loses the ball. important thing is to not lose the ball when defense is out of shape. he made things happen. he made himself available all the time. released his teammates well. didn't get intimidated by pressing.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 07:59   #42
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member

Meh, has ball-retention skills but uninspiring going forward, can see why GP prefers Biglia over him.
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 09:10   #43
Nalim
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonReality View Post
Meh, has ball-retention skills but uninspiring going forward, can see why GP prefers Biglia over him.
And why is that? Is it because of Biglia’s inspiring forward passes?
Nalim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 09:15   #44
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
And why is that? Is it because of Biglia’s inspiring forward passes?
Not to defend Biglia's recent performances, but generally Biglia has shown better composure on the ball, know when and how to pick a pass, he rarely rushes a pass and put the receiver in a difficult situation. He's also better in defense, has better tackling and positions himself very well. And of course, he #knowthesystem.

Bennacer is young, but Milan is not exactly a good environment to develop young players.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:36   #45
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Not to defend Biglia's recent performances, but generally Biglia has shown better composure on the ball, know when and how to pick a pass, he rarely rushes a pass and put the receiver in a difficult situation. He's also better in defense, has better tackling and positions himself very well. And of course, he #knowthesystem.

Bennacer is young, but Milan is not exactly a good environment to develop young players.
Alright, nice troll attempt.

6/10

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 09:45   #46
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
Alright, nice troll attempt.

6/10
I have seen this before, many times on this forums. When a young and promising player comes, people simply can't accept any criticism.

And I didn't even pass any judgement on him, just a technical assessment on what Bennacer has shown so far. But ok then, let's just hope he develops well and won't become another Sushi or Paqueta (yes, I'm passing judgement on Paqueta now, his skillset is too flawed to match our ambition. I will be very happy if one day in the future people laugh at me for this post)
Old 27-09-2019, 09:47   #47
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Promising

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 13:16   #48
jurinius
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini

Quote:

Wrong ! not the Biglia we saw this season, Biglia this season equals one wonder freekick, and you and GP know this.

There's nothing Biglia has done better than Bennacer in term of passes this season. Just admit it.

Signature
08 January 2019
MALDINI: "PAQUETÁ IS A PROMISING PLAYER"
jurinius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2019, 16:19   #49
joyrider
Il Moderati

Ismaël Bennacer believes ‘we have to be hungrier in front of goal’ and thinks there was a foul on Hakan Çalhanoğlu before Torino’s equalizer.

Marco Giampaolo used three new signings from the start against Torino last night, playing Theo Hernández, Ismaël Bennacer and Rafael Leão from the first minute.

However, even the inclusion of the summer arrivals did not stop Milan from losing once again. Krzysztof Piątek scored a penalty in the 18′ minute, but Andrea Belotti scored twice in the 72′ and 76′ minutes to give il Toro the win. The Rossoneri have no one but themselves to blame as they missed chance after chance after chance to win the game.

“We were in control of the game, football is made of details,” Bennacer, who was Milan’s best player according to today’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, told Sky Italia at the end of the game at Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino. “We had to be more concentrated, we missed so many chances and then we conceded goals. The second half? When you lower the pace in football, it’s difficult.

“The missed chances? Salvatore Sirigu played a great game, but we have to be hungrier in front of goal. We have strong strikers, we had to kill off this match as soon as he had the chance. The substitution? I got a yellow card, I’m only just coming back and I’m lacking a bit of rhythm. The coach made the change to let in a forward, I think he wanted to score.”

Speaking to MilanTV, the Algerian said: “We should have stayed more concentrated because in football playing a good first half is not enough. We should have killed it off before. The non-foul on Çalhanoğlu? I saw that Hakan had the ball and I think that it was a foul. Then they scored on the counter, Torino have some great strikers. Sunday’s match against

“Fiorentina? We have to do a lot more against Fiorentina, sticking together until the final whistle, but we must take the points home. And we need the support of our fans. My acclimatization to Milan? I’m good, I’m learning and I’m growing. I’m happy, but we have to win.”

Please start versus Fiorentina
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 00:30   #50
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:

I don’t wanna sound disrespectful or anything but this post is laughable.

Biglia literally is useless. Nothing happens when he plays. You might as well put a table in front of the defence
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 12:19   #51
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Along with Leao, best player on the pitch against Torino. Must start.

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 17:56   #52
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
Along with Leao, best player on the pitch against Torino. Must start.
Theo too

boys are showing their colours

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 22:49   #53
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

If there's a great player in him then it's probably as mezz'ala, or in a double pivot system.
He's relatively short, quick, technically skilled, likes to push up, doesn't seem interested in lateral passing and his style of defending seems more pace-dependent and vertical than the cerebral, horizontal, aerially strong one you'd expect from single pivots.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 00:03   #54
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Umm, yeah he's no anchor.
No wonder Empoli got relegated while conceding 70 goals.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 00:04   #55
Jivara
Forza Milan

This guy should be playing LCM rather than anchor but considering that we dont have anyone better ...

About time we try out 2 centre mids.. Kessie sucks, might as well try Krunic or give Biglia some steroids
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 00:11   #56
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

As much as I hate Biglia, Bennacer is too defensively naive in terms of positioning to play in front of the defense right now.

Have to agree with Goodfella here, double pivot or mezz’ala. His passing and press resistance along with his dynamism should make him a joy to watch at mezz’ala though. Has to play, just not anchor/regista.
Colossus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 00:53   #57
Buske
AC Milan Legend

It almost feels like GP put him in 2 straight games as he wanted to say "Look, this is why i preferred Biglia in some games"

Try him instead of Hakanoglu, he will be huge improvement
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 00:56   #58
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Pato

He is clearly very talented, but also has a lot of room to improve. I was particularly disappointed in the second penalty since he didn't learn anything from the first one

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 01:25   #59
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Have to agree, he doesn't look like an anchor at this stage of his career (with more maturity he could become a great one). Should play on the side or in a double pivot.

Overall he is talented and shows good mentality though.

Looking at our squad I would try 4-2-2-2/4-4-2.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2019, 01:34   #60
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Fodder
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote