Official: AC Milan Primavera And Other Youth Teams

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Torino v Milan game is streaming live on our FB page.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watching the first half against Palermo. Capanni looking good. Nice to see Caldara playing again. I'm watching to see Djalo. So far so good. Abanda so far seems not up to it.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
#MilanPalermo 3-1
⚽️ 3' Tsadjout
⚽️ 31' Maldini
⚽️ 86' Haidara

===

Maldini Jr. with another goal.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So we have a Maldini doing well in the primavera?

is this real life?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
4th straight game scoring for Daniel. I'm trying not to get hyped.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Thanks for correcting.

And he scored again just now :)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Capanni seems like the real deal.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Capanni seems like the real deal.

He’s very good but needs to improve his decision making in the final third. I think he’s definitely more talented than Maldini but right now he’s banging in the goals.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
FT: Milan Primavera 3-2 Spezia

17’ Daniel Maldini ⚽
39’ Riccardo Tonin ⚽
44’ Daniel Maldini ⚽

Breaking: Daniel Maldini has just received his first ever call up to the Under-18 Italy National Team. [Sky]

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel!! Pls don’t this be a flash in the pan.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
I love Tonin. Kid’s gonna go places

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Breaking: Daniel Maldini has just received his first ever call up to the Under-18 Italy National Team. [Sky]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Very very interesting

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
^ Gabriele Alesi’s supposed to be the best midfielder of his generation and our best youth talent. From what I’ve seen so far, he’s definitely better than Cristante + Locatelli at the same age.

In other news, after such a promising start, Djalo’s form has dipped massively and he’s been giving away goals in his last few games. He’s definitely very talented but not sure if he’s ready to step up to the first team yet.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
^ Gabriele Alesi’s supposed to be the best midfielder of his generation and our best youth talent. From what I’ve seen so far, he’s definitely better than Cristante + Locatelli at the same age.

I think he was dubbed as the 'new Del Piero' when we signed him in the summer of 2017.

We beat Manchester United to his signing, as well.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

In other news, after such a promising start, Djalo’s form has dipped massively and he’s been giving away goals in his last few games. He’s definitely very talented but not sure if he’s ready to step up to the first team yet.
What about Abanda the LB we signed from Monaco?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think he was dubbed as the 'new Del Piero' when we signed him in the summer of 2017.

We beat Manchester United to his signing, as well.

Yeah I think he has the most potential to break into the first team like Donna/Calabria. Capanni, Colombo, Djalo and Abanda can become useful squad players.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
What about Abanda the LB we signed from Monaco?

He’s not a regular starter (Giunti prefers Negri for some reason). However, from the few games I’ve seen he’s looked pretty good and hasn’t put a foot wrong.

Also, the Greek tower Michelis has barely been given a kick. I think Giunti’s reluctant to integrate our January signings because we’re in the relegation zone.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Daniel Maldini scores once again for the Primavera team. 1-0 up against Sassuolo.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Plizzari saves a penalty from Raspadori.

Promote him to 2nd gk from next season!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Kojak, why are Atalanta and Inter primavera teams so much better than ours? What went wrong this season?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
@Kojak, why are Atalanta and Inter primavera teams so much better than ours? What went wrong this season?

Inter + Atalanta have always had stronger youth academies and their current squads are also slightly older. Also, having back to back shitty coaches like Lupi + Giunti has helped. Letting go of Bianchessi who scouted Donna, Cutrone, Cristante, Caldara, Conti, Locatelli was also a stupid decision.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Gabriele Capanni has been on fire lately - another goal + assist over the weekend. Would love to see Gasperini get his hands on him.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've heard that this season's Atalanta primavera is truly special. One of their best in the decade.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Focused investment, and great scouting across one of Italy's best talent pool region - Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna. Milan, Inter and Brescia also scouts largely in the same region, but Atalanta have much better networks.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter + Atalanta have always had stronger youth academies and their current squads are also slightly older. Also, having back to back shitty coaches like Lupi + Giunti has helped. Letting go of Bianchessi who scouted Donna, Cutrone, Cristante, Caldara, Conti, Locatelli was also a stupid decision.

Focused investment, and great scouting across one of Italy's best talent pool region - Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna. Milan, Inter and Brescia also scouts largely in the same region, but Atalanta have much better networks.

Feels like we need to completely rework our youth structure and invest heavily in better coaching. No more Brocchi/Gattuso/Inzaghi 'Milan family' favors. Hire the best person willing to do the job and pay more than the competition, and obviously sign the best young players before they get away.

Are there any signs that we're doing this? Who fired Bianchessi? Is Moncada effectively his replacement? Feels embarrassing that Milan youth teams aren't doing better than they are now.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We have never had the kind of scouting systems Atalanta has. And in a way, I doubt we'll ever place such importance on that. Atalanta's whole model is based on a great primavera. They do everything from scouting to marketing to get that done. For instance, recently they sent tiny Atalanta jerseys to every child born in the region - trying to convert them early.

Yes, we should get a great talent spotter - but I don't think we should shift our focus as a business model to having the best primavera side in Italy. Organic growth is great, but shouldn't put all our eggs in that basket. The system that we had between 2014 to 2017 was great. Galliani was asked to focus on young italians. He ensured we had 2-3 coming through every year who had a chance to make the first team.

Mirabelli ruined it by firing everyone associated with it.

Schedule