Roberto Donadoni Thread

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No way to Donadoni.

Take away the Milan connection and he's no different to any other midtable coach.

He's competent, fine, but I want more than competent.

Should we have hired him back instead of the cavalcade of crapulence? Yes, but not now.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Yeah, let's get someone who's had his for a while and done absolutely fuck all with it.

He has largely gotten the most out of the limited talent he has had at his disposal.

He has never coached a club with this kind of talent. Gattuso can't seem to get the most out of them, and I would be willing to see what Donadoni can do with them.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He has largely gotten the most out of the limited talent he has had at his disposal.

He has never coached a club with this kind of talent. Gattuso can't seem to get the most out of them, and I would be willing to see what Donadoni can do with them.

It is true he's never had a club with this kind of talent, BUT we are not in the position anymore to see if he'll make it at a big club. We've already taken many risks with these coaches (Montella, Gattuso, Mihajlovic, Pippo) and the results are there to see.

It's time to get a proven coach. We've got all the tools in ownership and management to get up again, no need to keep taking risks.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I know a lot of people here don't want him, but I think he is a much better coach than he is getting credit for-

He did a great job with limited resources at Parma. The guy got them all the way to 6th, which was extremely impressive.

He did well enough early in his career to get the Italy job. He did better with Italy than he gets credit for- we all saw what happened when Lippi came back, and at the end of the day, he lost on PKs without Cannavaro, Pirlo, or Gattuso to a Spain side that would win their next three tournaments.

He did a solid job a Bolgona. With a limited budget and limited talent, he got them to a comfortable mid table spot (while they finished 15th the last two seasons, if not for poor finishes to the season, they could have finished closer to 10th). Pippo took over for him and the team is doing worse than it was under Donadoni.

Overall, he is a good manager, and has excelled at getting the most out of his players. He has never had this level of talent at club level, and I would be more than happy to see what he could do with them.

Thank you.