Gabriel Paletta Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
comparing paletta with silva is a joke . T33 is a beast. one of the best cb in the world .he's faster , more intelligent , good with the ball at his feet, great in the air and very good short and long passing .

he's a complete defender . a true leader and he's exactly what we need.

ofc we need another CB .
zapata , gomez , ely aren't enough for a team like Milan .

Problem is, if we do get another defender, there is no sense in getting someone the same level as Zapata/Gomez. Ely I think will be loaned out come January.

And if we do get a better defender, Paletta will be relegated to the bench and he has shown that he wants to play and does not want to be benched. Like necro said, the way he is playing right now, there is no pressing need for us to spend on a CB as Zapata is coming back from injuries and Gomez will probably need to play to acclimate himself to the league rather than be set back further in the rotation.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
So another very crucial display from Paletta. He caused the fk who lead to the 1:2, however I've found that the call for the foul was hard. There wasn't a big touch but OK, it happens sometimes and then it's not Paletta's fault that Birsa shot the perfect FK.

Seriuosly guys, at this very moment, would you want another CB instead of Paletta? Would you trade TS33 for Paletta? Or who could be the CB you'd insert instead of Paletta in your realistic line-up for the upcoming winter-mercato?

I honestly can't tell you one. I'm perfectly happy with Paletta. Everytime an opponent is in our box and I think "oh fuck he'll score" there comes Paletta out of now where and tackles the ball away. And outside the box his a wall anyway, reminds me very much of Stam. Eventhough he's big and seems clumsy it happens very rarely that you pass him with speed or a dribbling.

When we played Atalanta last year I already though fuck me this Palette is a wall, why did we loan him out? And now he's forming a great partnership with Roma, game by game. I like this partnership and I don't want to break it up tbh.

as of today i would say he is starter for the rest of the season, but let us see how he performs against juve and their fierce attacking duo.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Problem is, if we do get another defender, there is no sense in getting someone the same level as Zapata/Gomez. Ely I think will be loaned out come January.

And if we do get a better defender, Paletta will be relegated to the bench and he has shown that he wants to play and does not want to be benched. Like necro said, the way he is playing right now, there is no pressing need for us to spend on a CB as Zapata is coming back from injuries and Gomez will probably need to play to acclimate himself to the league rather than be set back further in the rotation.

That's exactely what I meant :star:

I mean of course it would be lovely to have TS33 back but seriously I feel completely fine with Paletta atm, maybe our most solid defender since TS33/Nesta themselves (not saying they are on the same level but I rate this Paletta even higher than Mexes in 12/13 second half of season).

And as you said, he's definitely not going to warm our bench. And he shouldn't if he continues to play like in the past 2,5 months. And getting another CB for the bench is just not what should be our priority. Even when we loan out Ely we can comfortably wait until summer to adress this issue. Gomez/Zapata are enough for 3rd/4rd choice CB duo. I trust both to have a solid game when needed.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
really wish we didnt loan him out last season
such a beast

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He's been our most consistent player this season. Fantastic performances and is a leader.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Gabriel Paletta Thread

Officially best performing defender in serie a so far this season

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Anti-Samson! Needs to go full Stam!

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Ok if he didnt get a call to national team.....

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Jaap is that you?? What an Animal paletta hs become...

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Paletta had 94€ million in his pocket through out the game :lol:

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
I think he needs bigger pants to fit that fatass

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
14711494_1659698350989562_8314137121028829994_o.png

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Outstanding performance,keep it up Gabi.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fantastic game from him. Kept Higuain in his pocket and I don't think he lost one aerial duel either.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Flawless performance, MOTM for me.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What a player. Still can't get over the wrong decision last season to go to Atalanta. He would have comfortably been a starter here.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Wow, wow, wow - Paletta has been stupendous thus far for Milan, love it! Started off rather rocky in our first game, but has been steadily improving since then :thumbsup:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Official: Gabriel Paletta Thread

I really like what the milan fans on twitter call him.. Baldini :lol:

Schedule