*EXCLUSIVE* *-*FOR THE RED AND BLACK FORUMS*-*

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
The land of the UAE welcomed a Milan player last week ... The land of the UAE had a fighter for a few days that will stay in our memory forever ... They call him the lion heart, yes it is RINO GATTUSO!!
For the first time ever, Rino Gattuso gave us a visit after an invitaion that was given to him and did an interview with Abu Dhabi Sport Channel (The channel which show Serie A here)!!
The pitty is that I knew four days after the visit
bigcry.gif
And I watched the interview recorded not live
bigcry.gif

It was kinda like Studio Milan as the audience could call and ask him things, but I didn't know so I didn't call
bigcry.gif

Anyway :tongue:
I did my best to translate the interview but I left some questions that I didn't translate because it was already getting too long as you'll see :D
And I took the pics from another Milan site!!
By the way, the TV Presenter is a Juventino and his name's Mohammad Najeeb, hope you guys enjoy it :D

Here you go!!

===============================================

TV Presenter: Before I start, I would to tell you that your look in the studio is totally different than your look on the pitch. There’s a smile that we don’t see on the pitch?
Rino: No, now I’m in a vacation and relaxing but on the pitch it’s really hard to smile!
TV Presenter: Let’s talk about your visit to the UAE, this is the first visit to the UAE, how do you see it and is it possible that you repeat it?
Rino: Yes this is my first visit and I’m very glad for my choice because I know this TV channel and that’s why I came to visit you and I hope to come back in the future.
TV Presenter: Surely if I talk to you about something, I’ll talk about the end of the season; I’ll talk about the Champions League. Personally I wished if Juve would win it, but during the match I realized that you deserved it and you were better. So, I congratulate you for the win and I tell you that Milan’s performance in the European championship was totally different than the league. In the Champions League it was a team that everyone feared but in the league it was normal.
Rino: There was no need to tell me that you are a Juve fan because I see it on your face ( :D ). In Europe, the Champions League is completely different than Serie A because we always has difficulties with the small teams in the league and we weren’t able to perform well especially that we didn’t find enough spaces. But in the Champions league, the matches were excellent as the games in the champions were usually open and this was one of Milan’s features this season, no fear and performing without any calculations.
TV Presenter: Of course when we talk about the Champions League, it means a lot for Milan although they had won it before for five times and this time was the sixth. But it surely means more to Gattuso and Ancelotti for it’s the first title for both of them, what does this trophy mean to you?
Rino: The joy was great that it’s the first time even if Milan had won it five times before. But the fact that the final was between two Italian teams was great and we had defeated Real and Dortmund before who represent the European football. But Milan proved that they are able to compete with any team as we played nice football but it wasn’t an easy thing to do.
TV Presenter: Personally I think that the best performance Gattuso showed while playing with Milan was in the Champions League final. Was it the winning mentality? Was it the spirit he had to come out with a totally different shape?
Rino: No, I’m 25 Years old and after five years with Milan I didn’t win any title. And during that last week and the past few months I worked a lot to reach this final in a good condition. We, the players, are always evaluated by the money we get but they don’t evaluate our love and passion for winning and that everyone wants to win the Champions Cup.
TV Presenter: What does a player want more than winning the Champions League and at the same time being the man of the match in that final?
Rino: It’s certain that winning a big trophy in this team’s jersey happens although we know that it’s a very difficult thing to win such big titles and I dream of winning the World Cup with the Italian NT.
TV Presenter: This is a question from one of the audience. If you ever get an offer from Juventus are you going to accept it?
Rino: I have always said that if I ever left Milan I will not go to any Italian team because Milan gave me a lot whether from a financial point or from winning trophies and if I ever leave Milan I will go outside Italy to go through a new experience.
TV Presenter: Does this decision of not going to any Italian club come from an emotional point of view? Because we know that a professional’s way of thinking is away from emotions.
Rino: Away from emotions, but after 6 or 7 years a person lives in a city like Milano I do this out of respect for this team and not only emotions so I don’t want to go to any other team from Italy.
TV Presenter: By the way, I see a tattoo on your arm that says “Champion”, when did you get it? After winning the Champions League?
Rino: This was between me, Brocchi and Max as we agreed to have this tattoo if we won the Champions League.
TV Presenter: Do you think that you would repeat it next year?
Rino: I hope so. We know that it’s not easy to win every year but with Milan’s moves now in the transfer Market we want to have a really strong team that can compete on the European level again.
TV Presenter: If Rino and Carletto enjoyed the CL and Coppa Italia trophies this year, I believe that both will still be in need for the scudetto, when do you think Milan will win it?
Rino: It’s very important to win the scudetto, next season we will play on 5 trophies, the scudetto, Coppa Italia, the Italian Super Cup, The European Super Cup and the Champions League and we’ll have a lot of responsibilities. But Milan are trying to build a team which will be able to compete in order to win important titles and surely that our mains goals will be winning the Intercontinental Cup, the Champions League and the Scudetto.
*They stop and show a report about the Champions League Victory*
TV Presenter: While you were watching the report you said that it’s a nice and a difficult moment to see the son lifting the cup after the father.
Rino: I think that Galliani also mentioned that one day after winning the Champions League and said that these things only happen in Milan because this cup was the first lifted by Paolo’s father and maybe 10 or 15 years we’ll see Paolo’s son lifting this cup.
TV Presenter: But he’ll be playing in Juve? ( :tongue: )
Rino: It’s like asking if your son or your grandson would become a Milan fan! ( :D )
TV Presenter: There is a suggestion that the Asian Champions can play with the European Champions. Here in the UAE Al-Ain team is powerfully expected to be the Asian Champions this season and they have beaten Juventus before in a friendly match. Do you think that this match can be played? And do you think that you can win it?
Rino: Maybe, I hope so. Maybe even the European football and the Asian football are close in the mentality side; I have spent four days here and I have many friends in this country and I don’t think there’s that difference which the media is trying to show between us but things are close and perhaps in December and January the match will take place so that the media can see the style of living here and the style of thinking. (Rino you really rule for saying that
thumb.gif
)
TV Presenter: We’ll go back to the questions of the callers; there was a question about the difference between playing in Italy and playing in Scotland.
Rino: Playing in Italy depends on tactics, but in Scotland it depends on the strength physically so the style is completely different.
TV Presenter: Another question on the best player in Italy and the best player in the world?
Rino: I can mention 6 or 5 names, and as I live in Italy in the Italian league we have Del Piero, Totti, Pippo and all those players may not be the best in the world but they have some qualities which can be difficult to find in other players. I think that there were a lot of people who thought that Ronaldo was finished but he was able to come back after all those injuries and is still able to place the ball into the net so he’s among the strongest.
TV Presenter: Who’s the player you like to play with mostly in the midfield?
Rino: As for the player I like to play with, since five years and even in the under 18 NT, there has been such a great understanding between me and Andrea Pirlo and I guess he’s the player who I prefer to play with because we were always together.
TV Presenter: Who’s the best player in the world who plays in the same position as Gattuso?
Rino: I think that Emerson and Davids are the two players quite similar to my style, but I also like Roy Kean from Manchester and those are the players whose styles are very similar to mine.
TV Presenter: One of the audiences asked about Milan’s deal with Pippo, was it a successful deal? And is Ancelotti worthy of being Milan’s coach?
Rino: As for Ancelotti with Milan, the results talk because it was said that the coach is a loser and lost with Juve but we are happy with what we achieved as he really shut all those accusations. About Pippo, I didn’t know him very well but I had seen him in the NT and he was a real surprise for me especially when it comes to his performance, his attitudes and how he behaves as a person.
TV Presenter: I would like to ask about Rivaldo’s deal, was it an unsuccessful deal or was it that Ancelotti didn’t give him a chance to prove his abilities?
Rino: I think that Rivaldo’s condition wasn’t easy at all, especially after winning the World Cup. Surely the Italian League is very different than the Spanish League and he didn’t expect to see everyone so pushed in Serie A. So this thing was a surprise for him and I think that next year he’ll be excellent.
TV Presenter: Do you think that Rivaldo will stay until next season?
Rino: Yes I think he’ll stay, because he wants to prove his real abilities which we haven’t seen this season.
TV Presenter: We’ll switch from AC Milan to the Italian NT. It is said that Trap trains Italy with the old style?
Rino: We can’t say that it’s an old style, but every coach has his own way of playing. And we have noticed in the last matches that he started to change his ways and I think that the NT is able to qualify for Euro 2004.
TV Presenter: Let me put this in a different way, is Trap the most appropriate coach for Italy?
Rino: I say yes and I can’t say no, because the results speak and that’s what happens in football, we can talk a lot in football but the results are important and I hope that the results will be good and maybe he will be right.
TV Presenter: Do you agree with decreasing the players’ salaries so that Milan can bring more players?
Rino: For those who don’t know, I say that we already decreased 20% of our salaries and I think that all the salaries in the future will be decreased by this quantity. I don’t think that Milan are in need for this decrease but we do this to help Italian and European football and I think that this crises will come to an end because decreasing 20% is really not enough to do that.
TV Presenter: Why is Milan very different than last year? Is it because of difference in the players or the spirit?
Rino: This season we have brought many excellent players who have helped us. In the previous season we were good too but we were in need for something to make the difference and the arrival of the new players so we were able to make the jump.
TV Presenter: A lot of people who do not prefer Italian football talked about a final that could be one of the worst finals when two Italian teams will meet, what are your comments on that?
Rino: I think the Spaniards are complaining because they spent a lot of money and at the end they didn’t reach the final. But this is normal because the Italian teams played with tactics and they know that they cannot beat the Italian teams when they play with a certain tactic because the schools are different and the Italian school in comparison with the Spanish school depends a lot on tactics and sometimes we try to understand every move we make, whereas as the Spaniards like to keep the ball a lot, play with short passes and so on. We’re different but there’s respect between Italian and Spanish football
TV Presenter: At last we hear about political and financial problems which Berlusconi the president of the club faces; do these problems reflect on AC Milan team?
Rino: The president comes every once in a while as he’s a very clever person. He doesn’t make the problems bigger but simpler and he knows the importance of Milan as we know it. He’s the one who pays us our salaries and gives us everything but he doesn’t bring the political problems to the changing rooms.
TV Presenter: Once again we welcome Gattuso in this and the next visits to the UAE. We hope that you spend a quite summer, many congrats for the CL trophy and Coppa Italia trophy, we wish you all the best in the tournaments you’ll play after winning the CL and Coppa Italia. All the best and a last request for a smile from Rino.
*Rino smiling :D *
Rino: I thank you very much for your great hospitality; four days ago before I come here I wasn’t expecting to find a place like this. But a person must see and try things before judging them, I was really happy during the last three days, my regards to everyone and I hope to meet you all again.
( * En Sha Allah * :D )

gatozo2.jpg

gatozo1.jpg

Rino in the studio
thumb.gif

Pics from: www.acmilanclub.com
Translation by Kyara :D (From Arabic to English of course :tongue: )

===============================================

That's all ladies and gentelmen :D I must say and according to what I've noticed that Rino is a very simple, modest and a humble person ... A great sense of humour :tongue: And a great spirit as we all know!!
We hope you come back again to our country En Sha Allah and all the best!!
By the way guys, this time the post is too long because of the interview not because of me :tongue:

FORZA MILAAAN!!
FORZA RINO!!

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Kyara said:
Rino: This was between me, Brocchi and Max as we agreed to have this tattoo if we won the Champions League.

who's Max?

and great interview , thanks for posting

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kyara said:
The pitty is that I knew four days after the visit
bigcry.gif
And I watched the interview recorded not live
bigcry.gif

It was kinda like Studio Milan as the audience could call and ask him things, but I didn't know so I didn't call
bigcry.gif

Poor Kyara at that departmen.... :D :D

Btw.. thank you for the translation.. and great that your country has visited by rino...

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yes thanks for taking the time to translate Kyara. That's too bad about missing him while he was there but it sounds like he should be back soon! :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Thank you, thank you everyone!! It's my pleasure to post one of our best players' interview :)

And guys, don't give up the hope ... Before I never even dreamt that any Milan player would come here!! But before a few years and after Abu Dhabi Sport Channel was established, the country became really active on this side ... Last year after Juve won the scudetto there was an interview just like this one but with Antonio Conti!! And a few months ago Juve came with all their starts to participate in a match that was played after the best player ever in Emirates had retired ... And now the last surprise was Rino's arrival which wasn't something I expected so you never know what happens in the future ...
Just keep the hope, and maybe something happens En Sha Allah ...
Who knows!! :)

FORZA MILAN!!!

Schedule