Group E: SWITZERLAND, ECUADOR, FRANCE, HONDURAS

Which 2 teams will advance out of Group E?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ditto. On the other hand, Shaquiri was awful as he only can be. Most of Swiss team was bad however I have already watched many times if they play against an inferior team, they play on a really level low and if Switzerland play against a top team, they are ridiculous good.

That's exactely it. Moreover these performance against Ecuador was even below the usual low performances against inferior teams. Especially Shaqiri pulled out a shocking bad performance, that's not the Shaqiri I'm used to watch in old days with Basel or recently with Bayern Munich.

But - again you could see that we have two of the best FB in the world in the squad. Rodriguez is the FB with the most assists in Bundesliga (and once again he proved that fact against Ecuador, ridiculous good flanks and passing in the middle), while Lichtsteiner is the FB with the most assists in Serie A.

Again, this team can get far, but they desperately need to pull out what they are able to. Fortunately the Swiss squad always shows his qualities against the top sides, so once they get in quarter finals everything could happen. That are the results in the last 24 months against TOP-Squads:

SUI-CRO 2:2
SUI-BRA 1:0
CRO-SUI 2:4
SUI-GER 5:3
SUI-ARG 1:3
NED-SUI 0:0

There has been only one defeat, 3x wins (against Brazil, Croatia and Germany) and 2x draws. That's pretty impressive for such a little country.

I change my mind. Switzerland won't pull off a dream run without a legit striker. Shaqiri isn't good enough to do it all.

Both Shaqiri and Xhaka seem to have got stuck in their development btw (I hadn't seen much of them last season)..

Actually we have Drmic who was only inferior to Mandzukic and Lewandowski last season in Bundesliga (Mandzu: 20 Goals, Lewa: 18 Goals, Drmic: 17 Goals) although he played for the relegated FC Nürnberg. If that's not the definition of a legit striker I don't know...

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Giroud and Sissoko on for Griezmann and Pogba - Griezmann might be injured, Sissoko I suspect is to mark Ricardo Rodriguez.

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i think surprise result would continue, Switzerland would rape France for sure, mark my word :o

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Was that an eye gouged? Looked like a sore one.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I hope that guy who went off is okay. It looked like his eye socket was bleeding! I didn't see a close up so I'm not sure if it was exactly that.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giroud goal 1-0.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2-0... da fuck

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Girooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuu

Blaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised God

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Waaaaoowwwww

yESsssssss

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
BenZEMAAAaaaah assist

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nope..obvious offside

Karim modern icon

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I hope that guy who went off is okay. It looked like his eye socket was bleeding! I didn't see a close up so I'm not sure if it was exactly that.

It was right under the eye. Sad series of events, but at least there was zero intent, which would have been awful. Had it been someone other than Giroud, likely would not have happened.

Switzerland needs a hug

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol that miss.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
that's not my Swiss defense

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Very dignified from Benzema...did it on purpose out of politeness

Schedule