Milan VS Roma

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
24' [0 - 1] Andrei Shevchenko; 45' [1 - 1] Antonio Cassano; 63'[1 - 2] Andrei Shevchenko

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
WHAT A START TO THE NEW YEAR!!!!

I personally also eat my words, and now I actually believe that we can and will win the Scudetto!!!!

And we all know who's gonna defend the title from last year in CL!!!
CL Final: Stuttgart - AC Milan 0 - 3!!! Sheva x 2 + Pippo Inzaghi!!!

:devil: FORZA MAGICO MILAAAAAAN!!!!! :devil:

Im so f****** HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
The two punches which floored Roma :D

photog03.jpg
photog09.jpg

The 1st goal beat Chivu, and the 2nd Samuel, now that's the mark of a truly great striker!

cccp

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko - KaKa - Maldini -Costacuta - Van Basten
Just a simple calculate, 14 goals after 13 matches. If Sheva continue like that, he will score about 36 or 37 goals this season ..... And we will get the Scudetto ........Amazing

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
That was a truly masterful performance by Sheva. What else can you say? Seriously, we needed an individual effort like this to score a victory at the Olimpico. The last time (in 95) I remember Weah playing with the same focus and intensity and it payed off exactly as this Sheva performance did. The pairing of Rui and Kaka looked highly impressive too. This is an ideal partnership in European competitions as well I would fancy.

The boys proved me wrong.

Anyhow, its beer o'clock and I am not only buying, but I am drinking as well.
Forza Milan :devil:

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well sheva is proving that he is one of world's greates't striker's ior the best one :devil3: forza sheva 14 goal's in 13 matches :eek: :eek: in world's toughest defence he is showing what a real striker is :devil3: . and carlo should have start earlier with kaka and rui together suplying sheva :devil3: i am dying to hear what totti has to say about gattuso he was his wors't nightmare tonight :devil3: :devil2:

:devilfuc: to TOTTI AND ROMA :devilfuc:
:devilfir: FORZA MILAN :devilfir:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
YABADABADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :) :devil:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
makaveli my friend, superb post!!! :D :D

We crushed Roma even without many of our injured players, a stunning warning to the other Scudetto contenders!!!

FORZA MILAN - NOW NOBODY, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY CAN'T STOP US!!!!

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
YOU NOW WHY I LOVE MILAN!!!
CAUSE OF YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!
I KNEW IT!!!!!! MILANNNNNNNN IS THE BEST THAT'S WHY I AM ROSSONERO!!!
THE BEST TIFOSI IN THE HEARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:
GOOD WORK SEEDORF... I HOPE THE NEXT GAME HE WILL DO IT GOOD AGAIN!!!
ALL PLAYED VERY GOOD AND THAT WAS THE DIFFERENCE... :devil2:

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
Source: SoccerAge

01/06/2004. Ancelotti is a very happy man tonight after the victory in the serie A clash between Roma and Milan.
"We played a great match and all the plays must take credit for this wonderful performance," he said.

"Shevchenko is a fantastic striker and we are lucky that we can always count on him but I am also happy with Rui Costa and Kakà that played well together," he added.

A sign of things to come? More Rui - Kakà please :D

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Does anyone have a link for highlights of the match ?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Just a simple calculate, 14 goals after 13 matches. If Sheva continue like that, he will score about 36 or 37 goals this season ..... And we will get the Scudetto ........Amazing

Not 13 but 12 matches Sheva had played!! Really effective.

What can I say love the game, it was really well played by Milan they didn't let the other 2 important guys from Roma(Cassano and Mancini) do their job, so Totti couldn't work. Nice job Carlo ;) . Costacurta showed that he is talented inspite of his age. Sheva amazing match. Seedorf this was one of the best games I have seen of him wearing the Milan shirt. Rui Costa... nice pass, nice game. Well the whole team played great, have nothing to say but.... What a way to start 2004

FORZA MILAN :devil2:[/quote]

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
very good game
i have to admit until sheva scored his second goal i was really doubting weather rui costa should eva start a match again ahead of kaka, but after that beautiful assist... well he did play well afterall
so did seedorf. he is getting back to his best. this game was promisng
and sheva.. what a star he could have maybe scored 4 if he had scored that 1 on 1 and if seedorf's cutback had found him, but 2 was enough!
forza milan!

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mind you..early last season we too played with a lone striker up front..Pippo..supported by Riva and Sergio or Rui with Sergio..it was effective in Europe and definitely a formation we should employ against the tougher opponents...

Rui and Kaka had good performances and they already have some mutual understanding of their positions in the lineup..there were no slip-ups or getting in each others way...

Overall a great performance..probably one to be remembered in a long time...

Forza Milan!!!

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i didnt see the game (as usual).. but what the heck... milan win!! yeah!!
forza milan
another double for sheva, he is on fire...
and seedorf did great too... probably that new hair finally paying off, hehe

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
06012004romamilanhome.jpg

*****************SHEVA SCORED AND ALL THE TIFOSI ROSSONERI SANG:*****************
MAMMA MI BATTE IL CUORE, HO VISTO SHEVAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

**********************FORZA CUORE DEI TIFOSI ROSSONERI************************

307497078.jpg

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
WHta a excellent great game and Milan 2 Roma 1, 2X Sheva once with a shoot over Pelizzoli after take the ball down with chest, the 2nd was even better with his left foot no chance for Pelizzoli, Seedorfs short haircut pays off seriously, also he assisted the first goal
-------------->AS Roma 1-2 AC Milan<--------------------
THat was the best game in this season so far seriously, ROssoneris should have a happy day 2day,anyway Milan have cut the lead to 3 points
Roma 36P
Juve 33P
Milan 33P
---------------
ANcelottis system, 2 off. mf and 1 striker:
-------------------Dida----------------------
Cafu---Maldini----Costacurta---Pancaro
---------------Pirlo-------------------------
Gattuso--------------------------Seedorf
---------Rui Costa--------Kaka-----------
--------------Shevchenko-----------------
this definetly goes well, esepcially if Kaladze back as left full back for Pancaro, Pirlo like playmaker between def. & offense, thank god for his passing ability, with this formation Milan has one of the strongest midfields in European soccer, but only 1 striker, Sheva scored twice as lonely striker with support from offenisve midfield, Kaka & R-Costa, also if Pippo back Ancelotti maybe has to change this formation and let the old system play with Pippo and Sheva up front, and only 1 off. MF
FORZA FORZA FORZA MILAN MILAN MILAN ROSSONERI ROSSONERI
RED & BLACK FORZA

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
MMMM im luvin this win right now oooooh they showed the match delayed but i have to say I watched it like it were live :eek: SHeva was fantastic but lets not forget the rest of the team. Costacurta i dont care what anyoen says about his old legs, he showed his class, hes got that knoweledge and exp he and maldini did well.
Actually i cant believe Sheva missed that shot at the end :head: ahhhwell I gotta rewatch the tape (in my excitement i didnt really take stock of how everyone played) i did notice Kaka has a bit of 'teen angst', he gets more yellows than Gattuso these days.
Im sorry but i didnt really miss JDT...
overall i just loved how Milan can do this, win so well against this Roma, such a great record at home against all the odds :D
Forza Milan!!!

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
TOTAL KILL!!!!!!
Although some MF's did show this game as Roma missed chances, I saw it and I know for sure: MILAN RULES!!!!! The best game by Rossonero for this season, completely killing Roma's "superior midfield". Totti - you can f.. yourself. Open your mouth after the game. Mr. Sensi should be getting knock on his head next time he open his bloody mouth about referees...
Greaat game by Milan midfield and defence (I don't have to mention attack :) ).
I am happy for Milan, everybody played great and finally Carlo made it up to his old master.
P.S. Afterthought... I still don't get why Roma played that way (no pressure and all...)??? Crazy :D

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
waaaaah.. maravilhoso!!! :D

Sheva - best striker in Serie A and the world!

Seedorf - new hairstyle has opposite affect to Samson, instead plays better without his locks :D

Costacurta - ...magnifico...

:proud:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mad4milan said:
Sheva_CRO said:
Does anyone have a link for highlights of the match ?
http://www.raisport.rai.it/pub/static/39000/060104calcioRomaMilan_1.ram

While we're at it, a Sheva interview
http://www.raisport.rai.it/pub/static/39000/060104calcioRomaMilanShevchenko_1.ram

btw, I am the only one who thinks that Domenica Sportiva totally blows this year?

Anyway, I was somewhat apprehensive about this match because of their injury troubles + lack of form lately but :eek: they proved me wrong :devil:

THANKS !!
FORZA MILAN

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
2 words: Kick Ass!

I had to work so I didn't get to watch the game until I got home, so when I turned on hte TV highlights were on and I thought I saw Roma equalize in the last minute, but I quick turned it off and started the game anyway. So glad I did.

What a match by everyone on the field, on both sides. Milan just showed more determination and skill. IMO best match Seedorf has played all year. Best thing about the night goes to show that Rui and Kaka can play together if we don't get a striker. For the most part everyone played masterfully, save for a couple of bad passes in midfield and 1 or 2 back passes that had me screaming. I know I said Seedorf had his best game of the year before (and I stand by that), but what was he tthinking when he tried to pass the Sheva instead of scoring? Enough complaiining, great win... fantastic win... a glorious win!

Now for my match highlights:
7th - Pirlo frees Sheva on the left who vollies wide.
9th - Gattuso steals the ball from Cassano in the box right before he can get a shot off.
12th - Sheva crosses to a loosly marked Seedorf, but it is inches too high.
13th - A beautiful Rui Costa back-heal gets Kaka into the box, but his shot is deflected to the keeper, Pelizzoli.
20th - A sublime Kaka fake gets him into the box, but his square pass is cleared away.
23rd - A Seedorf cross from 50 yard out is taken buy Sheva in the box off his chest and chipped over a still Pelizzoli.0-1 :devil2:
31st - Totti fires a quick, close shot right at Dida who holds on to it.
33rd to 45th - I lost the RAI signal and had to picture :head:
45th+3 - A smart, quick Roma corner catches Milan a little and Totti crosses across the box the Mancini, who heads back across the box to Cassano, who taps it home. 1-1 :(
45th to 53rd - Eating dinner (yum)
55th - Pancaro makes a funny mess of himself trying to run a the Roma defence and falls down.
58th - Maldini does well to cut out 2 Roma attacks in a row
64th - Rui Costa takes the ball halfway down the field, slips past one defender then slides the ball left to Shevchenko who fires a low hard shot past the keeper to the far post. 1-2 :devil2: :devil2:
65th - Cassano blows a wide open header, hitting it over the bar.
73rd - Fantastic save by Dida as he dives to cut out a cross destined for the foot of Delvecchio.
76th - Seedorf is sent in by Cafu & has a perfect chance to score, but tries to slip it to Sheva & the ball is cleared away.
77th - Kaka is puched down in ht ebox, but Paparesta waives play on.
81st - Simic on; Cafu off
86th - Costacurta jumps and saves a Cassano chip off the line that looked to bee heading in.
87th - Sheva is alone 1-on-1 with the keeper, but somehow manages to shoot wide.
88th - Redondo on; Seedorf off

Dida - 6.0
Cafu - 6.0
Costacurta - 6.5
Maldini - 6.0
Pancaro - 5.5
Gattuso - 6.0
Pirlo - 6.0
Seedorf - 6.5
Rui Costa - 6.5
Kaka - 6.0
Shevchenko - 7.0

One last thing, Shevchenko is amazing, just playing amazing! There is a soccer analyist on TV here, Bobby McMahn, who did his top 10 strikers in the world and he listed Shevchenko as number 1 and afterwards said that he would get a lot of mail syaing that he was wrong, so I'm so glad Sheva proved him right. I also like McMahn beacause he hates Ronaldo.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
My review of the game:

Dida : 7.5/10. Only made two errors.
Cafu : 7/10. Had so many cross chances but didn't deliver them well.
Costacurta: 8/10. He saved us!!!! What a great performance by him.
Maldini: 8/10. What a leader.
Pancaro: 7/10. The same with Cafu.
Pirlo: 7.5/10. Great game.
Seedorf: 8.5/10. What a performance!!!! I was impressed. Keep it up man!
Gattuso: 8/10. Amazing performance.
Rui Costa: 8.5/10. He definitely played well.
Kaka: 8.5/10. This guy is amazing. I think Ancelotti should play Kaka-Rui combo.
Shevchenko: 9/10. What a fantastic performance!!!!

Coach:
Ancelotti: 9/10. Perfect tactic man!!! Keep it up!!!!

Subs didn't play enough to be rated. But, Redondo showed some skills.

Forza Milan!!!!!

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR GIFT :devil2:

This is the best welcome I've received from my vacation.

I hope this continues throughout the season.

FORZA MILAN :devil: :devil2: :devil:

Rex

Reaction score
Maldini3 said:
:star: :proud: :star:

I am speechless :cool:

Mee too... :D ;) this amazing performances anyway should be followed in anothers matches..plus we all here wanted to see convincing-attacking fottball... :)

As Always FORZA MILAN :devil:

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
What a great start of the year. This was the best match in serie a this season so far. Both teams are very strong and they played a very entertaining and high quality match.

The whole team played very very well, expecially Sheva. He's unstoppable!!! :eek:

I'm so happy now! Ho ho ho ho ho ho!!!!! :devil2:

Schedule