Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
i think he is overrated in my books, palletta is doing better Job in our defense IMHO.

Yeah very overrated...he plays too soft for my taste. He will need to really change something in his game if he wants to be a good defender in the future. It would be interesting to see him in the midfield tho...he reads the game very well, he has good technique and the vision.

He didn't convince me as cb tbh.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yeah very overrated...he plays too soft for my taste. He will need to really change something in his game if he wants to be a good defender in the future. It would be interesting to see him in the midfield tho...he reads the game very well, he has good technique and the vision.

He didn't convince me as cb tbh.

"plays too soft for my taste".. how does that make him overrated?..
He and paletta complement each other perfectly. One is tough and aggressive, the other is calm and more elegant in his playingstyle.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
one day montella will have problems with him and will sell him.

enjoy watching him now.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Our Roma is not soft, he's clean. That means fewer yellow & red cards & therefore more availability. Also fewer free kicks given away.

Forza Milan!

❤️

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Our Roma is not soft, he's clean. That means fewer yellow & red cards & therefore more availability. Also fewer free kicks given away.

Forza Milan!

❤️

and fewer ball wins and a lot of walk overs...

His impact to our defense is minimum to non existence.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
dee0273cd7264d6ad11501253ad18e6d.png

latest

c44c45bf99450868cf7a29c79fa37047.png

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
If we don't get this guy a world class CB to pair him, he will be lucky if he surpasses Bonnera levels.

Has potential, but he is clearly not a leader and has no idea how to organise a defence. His positioning sense is also shitty, and needs vast improvements.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Roma can lead, he shouts at his team-mates a lot & is always pointing telling them where to go & what to do. He can organise too, I remember the NT Under 21 coach saying this about him.

I wish he could have a stable partner as this will improve our defence.

Paletta has his qualities but I still remember him leaving us when Ale joined, scared of the competition.

Zapata can be amazing but he's not consistent.

I like Gomez.

Romagnoli is my favourite, skilled, classy, intelligent, able to adapt & grow and he loves Milan!

❤️

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bah, I remember our defence before Roma joined, often great positioning but they were like traffic cones.

Ale can intercept, tackle & shepherd out of danger. Also he often passes out of the back, so much so he's deep-lying playmaker at times.

It hurts we lost but we shouldn't be bashing our own players so much.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I just watched the Milan PSV Eindhoven 2nd leg in 2005.

Nesta got owned many times that match.

Im just beginning to realize how hard it is to consistently play at a high level when you are surrounded by shite players. JS Parks first goal was Nesta losing his man...

I mean we were on the back foot the whole game but every time a defender got owned he was backed up by Nesta or Maldini or Stam or Cafu or Gattuso.

Its crazy but I think the 3-4 (Roma, Donna, Bona, Suso) really good players in our team will be much much better if we upgraded the average players like Kucka,and terrible ones like Berto Pasalic etc. When I say better I mean CL Knockout quality.

Its really hard to expect perfect games from our 3-4 top players every week when the rest of the team are so average...

Also watching these games....Kaka - Fucking hell what a player.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I just watched the Milan PSV Eindhoven 2nd leg in 2005.

Nesta got owned many times that match.

Im just beginning to realize how hard it is to consistently play at a high level when you are surrounded by shite players. JS Parks first goal was Nesta losing his man...

I mean we were on the back foot the whole game but every time a defender got owned he was backed up by Nesta or Maldini or Stam or Cafu or Gattuso.

Its crazy but I think the 3-4 (Roma, Donna, Bona, Suso) really good players in our team will be much much better if we upgraded the average players like Kucka,and terrible ones like Berto Pasalic etc. When I say better I mean CL Knockout quality.

Its really hard to expect perfect games from our 3-4 top players every week when the rest of the team are so average...

Also watching these games....Kaka - Fucking hell what a player.

although i agree with you on Susu, Donna, Bona and how if we mix them with WC players we are up to something good, i disagree with you comparing roma with Nesta, Nesta who might have been owned a couple of times in his career, put a performance of WC defender week in week out, i'm yet to see any WC defending from Roma, Nesta(in His end of career) Owned Messi(in his prime), Roma can't own players in serie a how about in europ, i really hope i'm wrong for the sack of milan, but currently i highly doubt it.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Oh god no..I'm not comparing him to Nesta...He's nowhere close to Nesta level lol

I'm just saying even Nesta had off games...We just don't remember too many because we were a dominant team.

If Romagnoli has 5-6 bad games a season it is a normal thing to expect from a very good player considering our current situation...

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Oh god no..I'm not comparing him to Nesta...He's nowhere close to Nesta level lol

I'm just saying even Nesta had off games...We just don't remember too many because we were a dominant team.

If Romagnoli has 5-6 bad games a season it is a normal thing to expect from a very good player considering our current situation...

:thumbsup:

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Agree with vidarth.

Point is that even an all time great like Nesta used to get owned every now and then. Montella absolutely destroyed Nesta when he scored 4 goals against Lazio.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I don't want to read Nesta one more time in this thread :fp:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Agree with vidarth.

Point is that even an all time great like Nesta used to get owned every now and then. Montella absolutely destroyed Nesta when he scored 4 goals against Lazio.

In much more difficult league.

It is like comparing maradona and messi...ridiculous.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
i really used to like Montella as a striker .. very intelligent player tactically , no wonder hes such a smart manager

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
to be honest comparing Nesta with Roma or even bringing him as a case of even WC defenders have a bad day is absurd, Nesta is WC, Roma is NOT he is YET to make any WC performance, his contribution is average to good at it's best, so stop this already.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
to be honest comparing Nesta with Roma or even bringing him as a case of even WC defenders have a bad day is absurd, Nesta is WC, Roma is NOT he is YET to make any WC performance, his contribution is average to good at it's best, so stop this already.

Ffs sake who even wrote that he is a wc player already? What people are saying is that he has the potentials to be a world class defender which is 100p true

Schedule