The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 21-06-2004, 20:08   #201
Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MookyRookie
Once more Juan Pablo Montoya was disqualified in round 55 or 57...
what a shame!!!
He joined the race in a spare car. It's clearly described on article 85 of the FIA sporting regulations - if you do it, you get disqualified.

Good no team order in Scuderia displays as it they seem to payback their sorrow of 2002.

So another toast for 78th career win. Keep consistent Rubinho..

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2004, 20:19   #202
Rex

One more thing, I wish Ralf get well soon.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 02-07-2004, 19:31   #203
Rex

10th Round, French GP at Magny Cours on July 4, 2004.

Known as Prost and Ligier teams home, the surface of track Circuit de Nevers is the smoothest one in F1. Yet there not much appealing you can expect from this circuit. The appealing one is to start the race through Estoril curve and get into Adelaide hairpin. Thereupon, flavorless and monotonous.

The latest news, Ralf, who crashed heavily at USA GP two weeks will be resting for next 12 weeks which means he looks likely not to race at French GP, British, German, Hungarian, and Belgian.

McLaren finally runs their MP4-19B.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 04-07-2004, 15:26   #204
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Known as Prost and Ligier teams home
also renault's home grand prix and that's why it was great for alonso to be on pole. it was a great start for the renaults as alonso stayed in front of schumi and trulli got up to third with the amazing renault start package. i think many of the other teams will be looking inot the renault package as they start muc better than anyone else. renault can always afford to go slightly hevaier than the ferrari's in qualifying because they know they'll make it up at the start.

race result:

1 M. Schumacher
2 F. Alonso
3 R. Barrichello
4 J. Trulli
5 J. Button
6 D. Coulthard
7 K. Räikkönen
8 J. Montoya
9 M. Webber
10 M. Gené
11 C. Klien
12 G. Fisichella
13 F. Massa
14 C. da Matta
15 O. Panis
16 N. Heidfeld
17 G. Pantano
18 G. Bruni

it was a sly move by barrichello at the last corner to take trulli but trulli should have been more on his guard knowing the ferrari was behind him to secure his podium. shcumacher really is a genius - no doubt - i think alonso had the edge with the car on the day but schumacher knew just what to do at each stage of the race to ensure his ninth win of the season. the 4 stops startegy seemed risky but worked in the end as things like that always seem to for ferrari. nice to see 2 british drivers up in the top 6 and the high points. the new mclaren qualified better (for dc) but it didn't do very much in the race though they did improve on performances earlier in the season. once again williams underperformed - they have major problems!

i'm VERY excited cos the cars are coming to regents st. london this weekend and i'm going to see them in all their magnificence! can't wait!

Signature
ø,¸¸,øº¤ø/bella principessa\ø¤ºø,¸¸,ø
from london to berlin, with every match that england win
***we're gonna win the world cup***

...Forever and ever, I am a Milanisti...
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:29   #205
Rex

1. Schumi performed brilliantly. Another 4 superb tactical stops strategy!

2. Rubinho added the euphoria. I would say he made brilliantly overtaking manoeuvre over Trulli than I can't imagine before. Presumably the overtaking manoeuvre of the year.

3. Alonso even couldn't 'catch up' in closing the gap to Schumi either.

4. McLaren seemed looking forward to have another progress at next round due to their new chasis could 'donate' the points.

5. Not a good day for B.A.R Honda and Williams.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 05-07-2004, 08:43   #206
Barremans
National Team Player

Fav. Players: MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
1. Schumi performed brilliantly. Another 4 superb tactical stops strategy!

2. Rubinho added the euphoria. I would say he made brilliantly overtaking manoeuvre over Trulli than I can't imagine before. Presumably the overtaking manoeuvre of the year.

3. Alonso even couldn't 'catch up' in closing the gap to Schumi either.

4. McLaren seemed looking forward to have another progress at next round due to their new chasis could 'donate' the points.

5. Not a good day for B.A.R Honda and Williams.
Totally agree with all five points, espacially number 1 and 2, incredible stuff by ferrari.

Signature
Barremans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:06   #207
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Schumi .. Schumi .. Schumi .. Schumi .. same story every race.. if FIA will get closed it will be coze of him hehehe

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 22:59   #208
guimaldini
Primavera Player

williams said that they're not sure about ralf's subistitute next race... gené's 10th place did not satisfied the team directors and maybe pizzonia will hahe a chance...
guimaldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:04   #209
MookyRookie
World Cup Winner

Poor Ralf still injuried after his crash in Indianapolis, 2 bones are broken in his back, he could have ended in a wheel chair
Its almost sure that Schumacher will set a new record for THE MOST WINS IN A SEASON, 9 out of 10

Signature
MookyRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:17   #210
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Quote:
Poor Ralf still injuried after his crash in Indianapolis, 2 bones are broken in his back, he could have ended in a wheel chair
Its almost sure that Schumacher will set a new record for THE MOST WINS IN A SEASON, 9 out of 10
Definitly he doesnt have rival .. He + Ferrari are perfect combination .. I just want to see him in any other car .. Minardi something ehhhehe to see him how will perform..

FORZA BATTON!!

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:55   #211
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Yea, they're going to sue the 'merican hospital now that apparently didn't know how to perform a decent CT scan

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:17   #212
MookyRookie
World Cup Winner

Rals manager even want to go to court coz the docs and medical stuff havent recognize how bad the injury really is... He was still in the car and cant get out, so it has to be something serious!!!

Signature
MookyRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 13:52   #213
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti
Senior Team Member

so i went to london to see the formula 1 cars in a parade around london streets. this was organised to publicise the british gp this weekend and to show that london could be a prospetive second street circuit - yeah right! the event was totally over subscribed and there was a health and safety hazard because so many people came-around a quarter of a million. the organisers totally underestimated the amount of people and several train stations had to be closed due to overcrowding - making it a nightmare getting there. i'm sure those people who managed to get their early had a brilliant time though: montoya was at Hamley's toyshop all day signing autographs and there was loadsa merchandise on sale too. the streets of london are not wide enough to accomodate both formula 1 cars and a huge crowd. that region of london was at a complete standstill! it was a total sham! the main problem was that this was held on a weekday so most people came after work (like me) and because the event ran from 6 to 8 pm it coincided with the rush hour. i managed to watch the whole thing live on a huge screen

but the organisers had only put up one screen and there should have been more because loadsa people couldn't see a thing. i guess there were good intentions and for those at the front it must have been amazing.
however many commuters who work in london found it a nightmare to get home and it acused a lot of disruption to everyday life - but it was only 1 day!
the drivers that were there were:

cristiano da matta TOY
nigel mansell JOR
Luca Badoer FER
Jenson button BAR
Zsolt baumgartner MIN
Juan pablo montoya WIL
David coulthard MAC
martin brundle JAG

some pics of the event:

the route needed to much longer to cope with the massive crowds. people standing at the back couldn't see a thing and loadsa people climbed onto traffic lights and balconies to see. there just weren't any decent view points. the most i saw was the smoke from the ferrari when he did a doughnut at the end of the course which was near where i was standing. however i was glad just to know that i really was that close to the cars. anyway i've seen euroBOSS cars race before (they're 4-5 year old f1 cars) and i've touched schumi's f12002 - what more could i want!!!
anyone else go???
ralf has signed for toyota...as speculated for months

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbc.co.uk
Ralf signs for Toyota

Schumacher is set miss the rest of the season with a back injury
Toyota have confirmed that Ralf Schumacher will drive for them in 2005.
Schumacher, who had been widely expected to leave Williams for Toyota, has signed a three-year deal with the Japanese team.

The German might not get to race again for Williams after fracturing vertebrae at the United States Grand Prix.

Toyota boss Tsutomu Tomita said: "He's proven himself to be extremely quick. I'm sure his vast experience will be extremely beneficial to our team."

Toyota's current drivers Olivier Panis and Cristiano da Matta are not expected to have their contracts renewed at the end of the season.

Profile: Ralf Schumacher
"We have not finalised who will partner Ralf in 2005, and this is something we are in no rush to decide on," added Tomita.

"We are happy with the job that Cristiano and Olivier are doing for us and both of them are under consideration for the remaining race seat next season.

"There are still eight races of the season to go and everyone at Toyota is fully focused on improving our level of performance to gain as many championship points as we can."

Ralf has made a steadfast contribution to the team, with some truly spectacular high points

Sir Frank Williams
Toyota have the second biggest budget on the grid behind world champions Ferrari, but are currently seventh in the constructors' championship with just eight points.

Panis has five and Da Matta three.

Schumacher's departure from Williams means the team needs to find two drivers for 2005 as Juan Pablo Montoya is leaving for McLaren.

"Ralf has made a steadfast contribution to the team over the past five years, with some truly spectacular high points," said Williams team boss Sir Frank Williams.

Schumacher made his Formula One debut with Jordan in 1997 and has won six of his 124 Grands Prix, all with Williams.

BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen said the decision not to renew the driver's Williams contract had been mutual and came after long and intensive negotiations.
i guess it was the right time for him: he's consistently underperformed in races and he gonna be out of racing for a while now.

Signature

Old 07-07-2004, 17:44   #214
Rex

Jazz...Martin Brundle and Nigel Mansell were also in the cockpit, how they're doin'?

I'm pretty sure Ralf wanted 'worthy' wages as I said before which Williams thinks they unable to grant the demands. Toyota, one of high-budgeted team with open arms to welcome the little brother. Ex-Renault's Mike Gascoyne's arrival to fill in technical director' spot at team should've been improving to say at least.

Ralf next season must outpacing displays deservedly as his price tag.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 08-07-2004, 18:50   #215
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti
Senior Team Member

well here's 2 photos of brundle and mansell in the cockpit:

it was brilliant to see mansell back, he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1.com
It's great to be back in an F1 car, reunited with the love of my life. I think what London is doing is very special for the British Grand Prix. When I got the phone call from Eddie asking me if I would do this, it seemed the right thing to do. I am comfortable in the car after today and really enjoyed having a little play this afternoon. I practised launches, did a few laps and went round some corners a bit quicker than I should have! I can't wait to take part in the Regent Street event, this should be great for the fans."
i managed to watch the entire run of brundle's jag and that was really cool. it must have been brilliant for them two to have this chance to drive together again in a f1 car.

Signature

Old 08-07-2004, 20:19   #216
scharatz
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti
so i went to london to see the formula 1 cars in a parade around london streets...
no offence, but you're chattin' shit.

Quote:
this was organised to publicise the british gp this weekend and to show that london could be a prospetive second street circuit - yeah right!
any why not!? i'm sick of people going around saying "yeah right" without giving any valid reason for their stupid opinion. yes, it would be a great disruption. yes, it would cost a lot of money. so what? it would be a great spectacle and would make london even a cooler city than it is now. and to be against is just unacceptable for a londoner, or someone living close to it.

Quote:
the event was totally over subscribed and there was a health and safety hazard because so many people came-around a quarter of a million. the organisers totally underestimated the amount of people and several train stations had to be closed due to overcrowding - making it a nightmare getting there.
err... a quarter of a million of people was expected, but half a million turned up. for this reason, the race track was narrowed (it was supposed to have 2 lanes instead of 1), and the distance between the people and the track was the same as it would have been had only 100 people turned up - so i don't see what health and safety shit are you talking about.

plus, there is a dozen (if not more) tube stations and 3 mainline train stations within walking distance from regent street. did you want the organisers to take you by the hand from your home to the event?

Quote:
i'm sure those people who managed to get their early had a brilliant time though
yes, we did, thank you. it was announced weeks in advance it was gonna be staged there and then and i made my plans to get there earlier. as a reward, i got a great spot, great view, great pics, great videos and david coulthard's autograph.

Quote:
the streets of london are not wide enough to accomodate both formula 1 cars and a huge crowd...
... which is why you had to turn up earlier to have a good view. and if this is one of the reasons why you think a london grand prix is a "yeah right", it would have been staged in hyde park and around the mall, where streets are much wider and there'd be stands set up for people to sit.

Quote:
that region of london was at a complete standstill! it was a total sham!
as i already said, this was planned weeks in advance. people were well informed, buses and other traffic successfully diverted through other streets. or did you think you can have half a million people on one place without causing some disruption?

Quote:
]the main problem was that this was held on a weekday so most people came after work (like me) and because the event ran from 6 to 8 pm it coincided with the rush hour.
the last weekend was the french GP and this weekend is the british GP. maybe they should have cancelled one of them for this?

and the reason why it was between 6 and 8pm is so that people can come. otherwise you would have moaned you couldn't attend coz you had to go to school/work.

Quote:
however many commuters who work in london found it a nightmare to get home and it acused a lot of disruption to everyday life - but it was only 1 day!
as i said, this was announced and planned weeks in advance and the traffic was successfully diverted onto other roads.

and, by the way, i live and work in central london and i actually have to go through regent street to get to work. i didn't find it a nightmare at all, i thought it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences

Quote:
the route needed to much longer to cope with the massive crowds. people standing at the back couldn't see a thing and loadsa people climbed onto traffic lights and balconies to see. there just weren't any decent view points.
longer route = more disruption to those poor commuters you're talking about. plus, the longer the route, the more people would turn up. so we'd end up with the same problem.

and you didn't honestly expect that, if that many people turns up, they all have a decent view, did you? i got there an hour and a half earlier and had a great "view point".

i had a great time and i believe the whole event was a great success. i'm sorry you had a crap view, but you can't really expect anything else if you turn up late to an event visited by half a million people, can you?

i'm gonna post the pics in a minute

Signature

scharatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 21:09   #217
scharatz
AC Milan Legend

pics are reduced to 800x600 for bandwidth reasons. i have them as 1600x1200. if there's a particular pic you like i can email it to you

notice the pics of the williams, mclaren and jaguar - just how clear the surroundings are but how the car is blurry wicked effect, caused by... you've guessed it - speeeeeeed

http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/coulthard.jpg (DC)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/scharatz.jpg (with DC's autograph)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/nigel.jpg (nigel mansell)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/safety_car.jpg (just as wicked as the F1 cars!)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f...otype_merc.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f...type_merc1.jpg (absolutely amazing - you should have seen it!)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/button.jpg (jenson)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/crowd.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/crowd_roof.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/jordan.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/ferrari.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/bar.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/williams.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/mclaren.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/jaguar.jpg
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/jordan1.jpg (parked in regent street)

videos (warning: 8.5MB each)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/montoya.avi (the best one!)
http://cms-stu-iis.gre.ac.uk/sn308/f1/coulthard.avi (also good)
(to save the videos, right-click on the links and choose "save target as")

enjoy i got the mclaren pic as my desktop

Signature

scharatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:01   #218
Rex

Damn you, Nic.. Never crossed in mind you wouldn't miss the moments.

Fan of McLaren, huh?

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 09-07-2004, 16:56   #219
jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scharatz
yes, it would be a great disruption. yes, it would cost a lot of money. so what? it would be a great spectacle and would make london even a cooler city than it is now. and to be against is just unacceptable for a londoner, or someone living close to it.
actually i would love it if there was a london gp but i don't think london could support it. i love london and i think it's the greatest city in the world - no place like it! actually, i hope london gets the 2012 olympics cos not only would it be wicked but will also improve london'f facilities.

Quote:
err... a quarter of a million of people was expected, but half a million turned up. for this reason, the race track was narrowed (it was supposed to have 2 lanes instead of 1), and the distance between the people and the track was the same as it would have been had only 100 people turned up - so i don't see what health and safety shit are you talking about.
sorry i didn't the track was narrowed. there were a feww accidents towards the backs of the crowds as people scrambled to see - it's stuff like that which needs to be addressed. the police had to put up extra barriers to stop overcrowding near the route.

Quote:
yes, we did, thank you. it was announced weeks in advance it was gonna be staged there and then and i made my plans to get there earlier. as a reward, i got a great spot, great view, great pics, great videos and david coulthard's autograph.
great! it must have been like the BEST thing EVER! wish i could have made it there earlier. exactly how close were u? i bet the cars were well loud!n wicked pics btw

Quote:
the last weekend was the french GP and this weekend is the british GP. maybe they should have cancelled one of them for this?
maybe if the calendar didn't have these 2 races back to back, the event could have been held in a middle weekend and been much longer but it's all good.

Quote:
longer route = more disruption to those poor commuters you're talking about. plus, the longer the route, the more people would turn up. so we'd end up with the same problem.
i guess you're right. but a longer route would have been nicer so that the cars could be seen for longer. i guess they couldn't exactly call the whole of london to a standstill in rush hour just for f1.

Quote:
i had a great time and i believe the whole event was a great success. i'm sorry you had a crap view, but you can't really expect anything else if you turn up late to an event visited by half a million people, can you?
true. thanks i guess i was just miserable i didn't see much. i'm glad i was just there at least otherwise i would have "moaned" that i never went lol
let us know if anything else like this is planned so i can come early then too!

btw so cool u got dc's autograph.

1question: the cars they drove in london, are they the same ones they will drive at the gp or were they like t-cars or something?

just read that the mclaren's are fastest so far at silverstone so it seems the car might turn things around for them after a pretty mediocre start to the season.

Signature

Old 10-07-2004, 00:28   #220
~Biski Biskit~
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: None, but thinking of some.

Yer my friend went to a London grand-prix show thing, he said it was awesome and he loved it he described that the sound was amazing, it was quiet loud where he was and he also got a good view in the first row. He also went there very early because he is a car fanatic. He said this was one of the best car shows he ever saw and that f1 drivers look way smaller when they walk outside, but cars look way bigger than on telly. hehe.
~Biski Biskit~ is offline   Reply With Quote