The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 13-11-2007, 18:35   #1001
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
It is debatable what kinds of McLaren's data have been stolen by their technician, Phil Mackereth.
"These drawings covered four basic systems as used by McLaren and were: the internal layout of the fuel tank, the basic layout of the gear clusters, a tuned mass damper and a suspension damper."

That is Renault's admission on the ownership. They also claim further on in the same statement, that all this was reported to the FIA in the past as soon as the engineer was suspended.
Why nothing was done by the FIA till now in that case, is a question that needs to be answered.
The article is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex
Renault's season crap performance could be an exception thopugh. And one or more those who get 'involved' in seeing the data may have spoken out what the clues within were. And FIA then might get the immediate impact on this.
I certainly hope that renault's performance does not change something in this situation. They scored points through the season - it isnt as if they were minardi. If they performed badly, and Mclaren performed well, at what stage do you start deducting points then? had renault scored 80 points should they be punished? Meaning only the title challengers are answerable to the rule book?

FIA cannot arbitrarily decide not to punish them just becuase they were not in the top 2, and i certainly hope that is not the case.

If possession of documents = 0 points and £100m fine, then that should be the rule for Renault as well.
Usage was never conclusively proven in either case, and cant be used as a differentiating factor.

Seriously, this sport is becoming more and more of a farce with the way the FIA have acted. And the fact that there is more action in the courtrooms than the track.

Sometimes i love the simplicity of football. 1 ball, 2 nets, and thats it.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 02:05   #1002
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Sometimes i love the simplicity of football. 1 ball, 2 nets, and thats it.
Ah ... you see, you forget the refs + other officials, Ultras, Divers (Gerrard + Puyol), Whiners (Cissyano Ronaldo), etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Renault's season crap performance
LOL ... that just cracked me up!

Quote:
P.S. Ross Brawn is back...but joining Honda.
Yeah, tell me about it. They'll probably progress faster now ... but then, Honda always had a racing pedigree edge over Toyota. Take it to the rough stuff though, and its no contest

Thanks for the read on Traction Control. Hopefully they adapt to the changes well, because, as far as I know, TC is also used to keep a car from skidding out on the limit during cornering as well.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 08:57   #1003
PUPO
Stiamo tornando

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva

Ferrari latest: Schumacher while testing is lapping faster than Massa and Badoer and he admits: 'I miss F1'.
Go on Schumi, come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 10:58   #1004
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??
i hope that will be true.... yipeeeeeeeeeeee love ya schumi....

Last edited by Andromeda; 15-11-2007 at 11:03.
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 16:00   #1005
Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Yeah, tell me about it. They'll probably progress faster now ... but then, Honda always had a racing pedigree edge over Toyota. Take it to the rough stuff though, and its no contest
Button may have hoped much on Brawn to deliver. Next year's cars package wouldn't be firmly established of Brawn's magical work, but Honda could earn + share his mindsets on tech development. It needs time to progress, considering the 2004's title closest challenger to Ferrari would like to get their great names back on the track again. Lets just wait and see how far they will manage during the time.

Quote:
Thanks for the read on Traction Control. Hopefully they adapt to the changes well, because, as far as I know, TC is also used to keep a car from skidding out on the limit during cornering as well.
All I know the F1 drivers much have preferred as 'non-using TC' though. All of have the reasons for it.

Michael who sets the fastest lap in testing at Catalunya lately was using the non-TC's car and other so-called 'driver aids' being removed which latter can give useful input as a driver who has raced cars with and without the systems.

^^Just imagine if his 'footwork' gets back behind the wheel again although he topped the unofficial timesheets last Tuesday. He remains to be number 1.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 19:07   #1006
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

So how does the FIA plan on controlling TC this time around? It was obvious it was a rule they couldnt enforce a few years ago - any major breakthrough in technology that is going to let them enforce it without any doubt?

If not, its a can of worms, just fucking begging to be opened.

Signature

Save Us

Old 20-11-2007, 13:36   #1007
GreatKalu
I still believe!

^^ Well automotive technology has come a long way since the 90s, with automakers like Hyundai + Kia (no disrespect intended) able to offer them on their products. Gone are the days of mechanics and hydraulics as electronics (read 'drive by wire') prove a more efficient (speed + weight) method. Probably they'll have all teams' on-board computers scrutinized by the best of nerds ... they sure have the money for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
^^Just imagine if his 'footwork' gets back behind the wheel again although he topped the unofficial timesheets last Tuesday. He remains to be number 1.
Greatest ever Formula One racer, no doubt. Arguably the greatest sportsman ever ... alongside Ali, Jordan and Maldini, of course

Signature
SEVEN
Old 20-11-2007, 13:38   #1008
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Quote:

Greatest ever Formula One racer, no doubt. Arguably the greatest sportsman ever ... alongside Ali, Jordan and Maldini, of course

100% agree...
Old 20-11-2007, 16:07   #1009
Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
100% agree...
OT question. Is that you, Ria ?

-------------------------------

^^@Madre,

I haven't seen Toyota move for big signings of technical director or management 'refreshment' just like what Scuderia did lately.

Arguably having one of the biggest budget amongst the Formula 1 participants, but Toyota seems to play stagnant in reinforcing the inner squads to compete for the better spot in standings. Waiting for the right time, eh ?

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 21-11-2007, 06:07   #1010
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
OT question. Is that you, Ria ?
yes.. Reza.. i understand that u couldn't recognized me because i'm getting bald and blue as u can see in my avatar

meanwhile i read that Renault offered 3 years contract for alonso but that man just want 1 year contract.. the rumor said that man is waiting for a place in Ferrari 2009.. we all know that kimi's contract will end at 2009.. but big boss in Renault (Carlos Ghosn) said :"Take it or Leave it, Fernando!"

f1-live.com

better for alonso to stay in Mc.Laren if he still want to compete with others (what a wrong decision that he left Mc.Laren even he had a problem with them).. but having kimi's place at Ferrari?.. i won't agree in million years
Old 21-11-2007, 13:26   #1011
PUPO
Stiamo tornando

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva

Is that Doreamon in your avatar???
Latest:
Renault to Alonso: '3 years contract or nothing'

Signature
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 05:08   #1012
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupone
Is that Doreamon in your avatar???
Latest:
Renault to Alonso: '3 years contract or nothing'
yes.. it is doraemon.. i don't know that they aired this cartoon too in UK

but the whole alonso rumor is suck.. still ruin my day
Old 27-11-2007, 15:19   #1013
Rex

@Andromeda,

Surprisingly you've just know my name. How'd you get it ?

---------------------------
^^I heard Ralf propose for McLaren seat. My credit to him.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 27-11-2007, 15:29   #1014
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
@Andromeda,

Surprisingly you've just know my name. How'd you get it ?

---------------------------
@Rex..
i just need to read all posts in formula 1 thread in here which i like it a lot..

meanwhile here about Schumacher.. all related to him is worth to post

Schumacher wins Brazilian karting contest

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...7/11/7132.html

Last edited by Andromeda; 27-11-2007 at 15:33.
Old 27-11-2007, 15:43   #1015
Rex

I just read it from local news. It have always been good to see him what it takes on the race track. Getting back the old days, eh ? Forza Michael.

Keep on rockin'.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 27-11-2007, 19:58   #1016
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
I haven't seen Toyota move for big signings of technical director or management 'refreshment' just like what Scuderia did lately.

Arguably having one of the biggest budget amongst the Formula 1 participants, but Toyota seems to play stagnant in reinforcing the inner squads to compete for the better spot in standings. Waiting for the right time, eh ?
Unfortunately, the 'GJ' joke will have to reemerge as there seriously isn't much of a reason aside from poor management and decision making I'm beginning to feel they have no sincere interest in trying to progress. Or they probably aren't taking enough risks. Something is definitely wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
Don't know what to do if its a straight swap for the Spanish former cheat ... er, excuse me, champ

Signature
SEVEN

Last edited by GreatKalu; 27-11-2007 at 20:01.
Old 28-11-2007, 13:06   #1017
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Ralf is mad if he thinks hes going to get the McLaren drive. hes a has been, and the sad part is, he never even was.

Signature

Save Us

Old 28-11-2007, 15:46   #1018
Rex

Quote:
Unfortunately, the 'GJ' joke will have to reemerge as there seriously isn't much of a reason aside from poor management and decision making I'm beginning to feel they have no sincere interest in trying to progress. Or they probably aren't taking enough risks. Something is definitely wrong.
John Howett might had the answer. Perhaps he would've signed former boss Honda David Richards who owns Prodrive that eventually couldn't get it touch into Formula 1 atmosphere next year. 'Accidents' do happen though.

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI
Old 28-11-2007, 15:58   #1019
GreatKalu
I still believe!

After a quick scheme through wiki, David Richards seems a pretty accomplished individual in the world of MotorSports. If he can 'discover' Jensen Button, then he has an idea of what is required. Unlike John Howett and his ambitions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
After a start to the 2007 season that saw Toyota maintain 5th in the constructors' standings after the first three races, Howett said the team were looking to chase 3rd placed BMW Sauber and break away from the front of the midfield bunch of teams, which would go a step further to fulfilling their pre-season ambitions.

Signature
SEVEN
Old 04-12-2007, 17:06   #1020
Rex

Looks Alonso is about to 'sabbatical' during next season.

Haven't gotten a comfort move yet, eh ?

Signature
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Il Grande MILAN
MILANO SIAMO NOI