The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?
Aubameyang 88 39.82%
Diego Costa (year-long loan/buy) 31 14.03%
Belotti 56 25.34%
Kalinic 14 6.33%
Cristiano Ronaldo (CL pre-agreement) 23 10.41%
Other 9 4.07%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-09-2017, 07:40   #24221
Lord7God
Banned

Fav. Players: Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
Mark my words.
If we continue with Montella, before xmas we will having 4 losses already in serie A.

So, sack him ASAP, hire a caretaker, get Conte next season

And you guys can thank me later.
I think we'll have more than 4 the way its going.
Lord7God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 08:33   #24222
Ronin
Flying over Kuco nest

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Another defender, that's what we need

Signature
We practice unpopular culture,that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 09:51   #24223
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Kaka

or

Honda

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 10:23   #24224
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanFan89 View Post
Nacho Fernandez has been Zinedine Zidane’s wildcard at Real Madrid. However, according to reports from ElGolDigital.com, the defender may leave Los Blancos this winter for Milan.

According to ElGolDigital.com, the defender is disapointed in the lack of starts at Santiago Bernabeu which allegedly has led Los Blancos to activate a “hidden plan” to sign Real Sociedad’s defensive ace, Ińigo Martinez, making Nacho Fernandez free to leave.

Nacho Fernandez is seen as one of Real Madrid’s most effective players and was one of the clubs most used players last season. However, he wants to start, which is something the Spanish giants can’t guarantee.

The website then continues to state that AC Milan has lodged a bid worth €35million to acquire the services of the 27 year old defender. A deal that may face it’s obstacles and complications, however yet a deal that is still valued and lucrative for Real Madrid as it funds their ambitions to bring Ińigo Martinez to Bernabeu

The site claims that the Rossoneri want to make Fernandez their star signing of the winter mercato
top rumour
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 10:44   #24225
joyrider
Il Moderati

Nacho is the Spanish Bonera.

Pass!!
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:21   #24226
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Sell Suso, buy a proper fucking coach. Give Conte the millions he needs to quit Chelsea, pay him a king's ransom and watch us win the fucking league.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:33   #24227
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, Marco Fassone

No point buying Nacho without an queso. Why would we sell Suso? We have a lack of wingers as is.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 11:35   #24228
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
No point buying Nacho without an queso. Why would we sell Suso? We have a lack of wingers as is.
Because he is not one obviously?

Signature
Greatest of all time
Old 28-09-2017, 11:50   #24229
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, Marco Fassone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Because he is not one obviously?
The guy that played 97 out of his 135 pro games as a right wing... is not a winger?

Oh yeah, totally obvious, sorry for ever questioning that. It should've been plain obvious from this that he is a central defender.

Signature
Old 28-09-2017, 11:55   #24230
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
The guy that played 97 out of his 135 pro games as a right wing... is not a winger?

Oh yeah, totally obvious, sorry for ever questioning that. It should've been plain obvious from this that he is a central defender.
Yeah except that he played most games as attacking midfielder as well... but sure. Winger is a guy like Robben, not fucking Suso.

There's no point in misusing him, but okay lets keep playing him out of position because fuck logic.

Maybe he scores a few goals against some shitty EL sides, or Serie B teams that shouldn't be in Serie A...and that will surely prove me wrong.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Old 28-09-2017, 12:02   #24231
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Yeah except that he played most games as attacking midfielder as well... but sure. Winger is a guy like Robben, not fucking Suso.

There's no point in misusing him, but okay lets keep playing him out of position because fuck logic.

Maybe he scores a few goals against some shitty EL sides, or Serie B teams that shouldn't be in Serie A...and that will surely prove me wrong.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/suso...ner_id//plus/0

Okay, RW is short for attacking midfielder, right?

Also, interesting you use Robben as an example for a different player when both Robben and Suso are known for cutting inside from the wing

We're misusing him when we play him as an SS next to one striker, not when he's an actual winger in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

You can argue to sell him on the grounds that he doesnt fit the formation at the moment, but don't claim he's not a winger when he is exactly that.

Signature
Old 28-09-2017, 12:05   #24232
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Suso, Kessie, Locatelli, Bonaventura.

Suso is excellent on the wings. We should've stuck to a 4-3-3 to make the most of his abilities.

It's clear that Suso is still the best attacking player we've got.

Signature

Elysse Perry
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:08   #24233
ibelongtomilan
Il Diavolo

Robben is much faster, more clinical finisher, better longshot, better physical etc...
He is one of a kind, everyone knows what hes gonna do but noone can stop him. He is the only winger in the world who can play like that ( cut inside everytime )
Suso playstyle is similar but he is more like AMR.
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:12   #24234
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
Robben is much faster, more clinical finisher, better longshot, better physical etc...
He is one of a kind, everyone knows what hes gonna do but noone can stop him. He is the only winger in the world who can play like that ( cut inside everytime )
Suso playstyle is similar but he is more like AMR.
Yes, Suso is a worse version of Robben and I never claimed otherwise but Suso is very much a player that plays on the wing right next or right behind the strikers. That's a winger however you want to spin it.

Signature
Old 28-09-2017, 12:13   #24235
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:

AZ has a point.
He plays at the wings, sure, he’s more a playmaker/forward/?... definetly not a winger.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:19   #24236
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL-Capitano View Post
Take it easy on the panic/meltdown button people. Yes I get that many are disappointed with the loss to Lazio and Samp both were very poor games for Milan. I will reiterate again this is almost an entirely new team and there will be mistakes and set-backs (hopefully not too many!) do not panic with 6 games played there is plenty of time! it is a long season!.

If we fail to make CL then by all means critique away! with this squad CL football should be very plausible and it is up to Montella to find the right balance in the squad that can deliver that CL spot. It is crucial to our season and if we fail Montella will be sacked, he knows better than anyone.

Just wait until there is a genuine reason to dismiss Montella or dismiss some of the new players brought in. It is way too early to be passing judgement on anything or anyone yet. I hoped they would click sooner also but it doesn't always work that way give it time and if the time arrives where we are so far behind a CL spot is mathematically impossible, then if the new owners are serious they will evaluate the situation, remove the pieces that are not working even if it means taking a loss and build on what is working.

Of course I hope we will find ourselves in a position of playing CL football next season and investing heavily on players who can help us compete in the CL again.

Calm Please!
Did you read the quote I posted from Fassone? He said if we fail to qualify for CL we can rule out another big transfer campaign. He also said we may have to sacrifice a top player or two. That's why we're concerned as was he when he slated the team after the Samp game. If we can't reach CL after UEFA opened up another spot and spending 230m how will we do it next year on a shoe-string budget? Also, to attract a top coach like Conte we'll need a big transfer budget. That was the main reason why he left Juventus and almost left Chelsea this summer.

Our only saving grace is that Spalletti is having the same problems at Inter. They're also playing like shit only difference being they're winning games through pure luck.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnee View Post
I love Sod's-Load
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:20   #24237
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Ferrero: “Milan spent €200m, but didn’t have a shot on target against us!”

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnee View Post
I love Sod's-Load
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:23   #24238
ibelongtomilan
Il Diavolo

Quote:
Yes, Suso is a worse version of Robben and I never claimed otherwise but Suso is very much a player that plays on the wing right next or right behind the strikers. That's a winger however you want to spin it.
Dou dont understand my point, i mean suso more like a right playmaker, amr sth like that
Wingers need to be very fast and should stay more on the wing or balance both cut inside and stick to the touchline.
Only one winger cut inside everytime is robben but still success because of his one of a kind skillset.
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:38   #24239
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
That's a bit too late

I'd rather we worry now, get a new coach and be in top4 by xmas.
during the summer , everybody from legends to hobos called for patience and now 6 games in Milanisti are ready for a mediocre caretaker ?

im all in for a top coach but for now id rather we keep the same personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by doraemon View Post
Thats galliani way and that is why people here settle with mediocrity for last 5 years.

We need result and montella doesnt deliver shit. Its really simple ffs. Sack him asap
au contraire mon ami...

galliani way is sacking the coach as soon as he doesnt like him anymore and replacing him with anymore average one,

this is exactly what you want to do. Thank goodness you dont work in football

Last edited by Neruda; 28-09-2017 at 12:41.
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 12:39   #24240
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
AZ has a point.
He plays at the wings, sure, he’s more a playmaker/forward/?... definetly not a winger.
Do we count Arijen Robben as a winger or just players that cross all the time? Statswise he provides both assists and scores goals in similar volume. He plays on the wing and attacks from various angles but he does love cutting inside. Of course he is a winger.

I just realized we're discussing how much someone is right wing in two threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
Dou dont understand my point, i mean suso more like a right playmaker, amr sth like that
Wingers need to be very fast and should stay more on the wing or balance both cut inside and stick to the touchline.
Only one winger cut inside everytime is robben but still success because of his one of a kind skillset.
If you count Robben as a winger, then Suso applies too. The varying degrees of success cannot be counted as a qualifier for that distinction.

Suso scores and asissts in similar volumes so I refrain from calling him either a playmaker or forward/scorer type. Players don't need to be fast to be classified as a winger - it helps to be fast to be a successful winger.

When I started the argument with AZ, I clearly talked about the position on the wing. He claimed Suso is not a winger, which obviously is wrong. The case is pretty cut and dry.

Signature

Last edited by Alec; 28-09-2017 at 12:49.