CL: AC Milan (2) vs Barcelona (3) - 23/11/11

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I want to say I greatly disrespect players or teams that fall down and flop around. Even if it's my own team. Especially teams that beg for yellow or red cards. These players are not only cheaters, they're pussies. Football is not for soft cry-babies. Barcelona to me embodies this girl-like behavior, and it's disgraceful.

look at your avatar, back to your post now look back to your avatar

high horse galloping through the beaches

Rest of the post :thumbsup: :D

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
look at your avatar, back to your post now look back to your avatar

high horse galloping through the beaches

Rest of the post :thumbsup: :D

I'm a new member and can't have Ibra Avatar yet I have to choose from like 3 of their avatars. So I picked this one. Inzaghi was a great player but yes he flopped a lot. I don't like it at all. I think it's disgusting.

Also, something else needs to be understood. If you fall, and it's not a penalty, that doesn't mean you dove, it's possible to go shoulder to shoulder and fall and it's not a penalty. Many commentators say people dive when they fall, which is not the case. But not being touched or barely touched and falling and crying, well that's ridiculous, even if it is our own players, as I said (Gilardino).

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Cool game.. we played to win.. i think we did, a own goal and a ridiculous penalty.. i really think we could score 3 goals against them at san siro.. imo opinion the biggest teams in this competition are real madrid, bayern, barça and us..

thank god wasnt a knock-out stage.. would be frustrating losing to barça due a referee's mistakes.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I'm a new member and can't have Ibra Avatar yet I have to choose from like 3 of their avatars. So I picked this one. Inzaghi was a great player but yes he flopped a lot. I don't like it at all. I think it's disgusting.

Also, something else needs to be understood. If you fall, and it's not a penalty, that doesn't mean you dove, it's possible to go shoulder to shoulder and fall and it's not a penalty. Many commentators say people dive when they fall, which is not the case. But not being touched or barely touched and falling and crying, well that's ridiculous, even if it is our own players, as I said (Gilardino).

its part of the game :D tactics somewhat and its so fucking irritating when done against your team, in ideal world nobody should dive but it cant be avoided in a contact sport.

people dive to protect themselves, for vantage, to catch breath :eek: and for tactics. its Part of the game, ethics and morality and even rules will be bend when stakes are high because not everybody is alike. barca it taking it to extreme, learn to overlook it and move forward like allegri he never talks bad about ref and even divers :thumbsup: even though sometime i hoped he goes on rampage like mourinho but it wont bring any glory to club or the league but he can win more like jose.

Just forget it or win the game, just win it, there will be many set backs, we should win the games otherwise it seems like whining. two CMs Tevez and fullback pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

barca are bad

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Barca wont win cl this year. I hope real takes la liga as well. I want to see barca cry, I have very little respect for them. Only players i like on their current squad is valdes and villa.

itll happen again

Last edited:

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Cool game.. we played to win.. i think we did, a own goal and a ridiculous penalty.. i really think we could score 3 goals against them at san siro.. imo opinion the biggest teams in this competition are real madrid, bayern, barça and us..

thank god wasnt a knock-out stage.. would be frustrating losing to barça due a referee's mistakes.

The refs wasent great and the penelty was questionable but he let the Nesta handball go.. Could have been a red card for nesta plus a penalty. He also dident book Aqui for the penalty who would have been sent off if recieved another yellow, he booked nesta instead for protesting perhaps? or just booked the wrong man..

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's stop crying that is for Barcelona. Some pointers:

- If there was a player that I respected a little from Barcelona was Xavi; however, last few games he has become integral part of Divinglona theater act. However, last game penalty act was totally embarrassing for a football follower for years. First, I think it was a penalty; however, Xavi screamed like Aquilani perform a Flamini's special move on his face. Disgusting.

-Our defense played too high. Big mistake. It is funny that people complain about Aquilani when in the second and third goals he look like was our stopper (remind me of Bonera's play against udinese last year.) Though Aquilani needs to take faster decisions because againsta faster team he cannot do what Seedorf does because Seedorf's ball control is prime.

-Talking about Seedorf, nice pass for Ibra's goal but his sector was a open area for Divinglona to move the ball. That's why I find laughable when people are criticizing MvB when he had to cover a lot of ground.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Thread title isn't updated with score. :eek:

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously Allegri is playing alot more attacking football this season. Funny to watch yes, but all these conceded goals are abit worrying. It feels like Milan are turning into Arsenal. :eek:
The plan: score alot, concede alot, score more than the opponent.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
It was a good game, but in all honesty we should've tied 2-2 or maybe even won 2-1.

Wolfgang Stark, fuck you for screwing us over :mad::mad::mad::mad:

But oh well, we all saw that Barca are diving, complaining little cunts who get mad when things don't go their way. Pep was hilarious on the sideline, and I think if I ever was a pro footballer, I would've decked one of their team players in an instinct.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A great game and on balance they deserved the win.

Barca are a better team than we are and for me we are 3 or 4 players short of them.

Abbiati kept the score close and how Robinho missed that chance is beyond me.

Great goal by Prince.

Forza Milan!!!!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Obviously Allegri is playing alot more attacking football this season. Funny to watch yes, but all these conceded goals are abit worrying. It feels like Milan are turning into Arsenal. :eek:
The plan: score alot, concede alot, score more than the opponent.

We're much better than last season. Our worst performance this season(against Juve) was due to us playing like last season. This attack-minded Milan would've crushed the Tottenham we played against last season(not so sure about current Tottenham since they've also improved).

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
This match gives me a lot of confidence in this Milan and more importantly in a personal sense, in Allegri. The first half sent me into depression, as we looked completely out of place at this level. That was hard to stomach as a Milan fan. Under Ancelotti, there was a sense of fluidity about the team even when we lost. The first half made me worry if we had, chasing success, inadvertently ended up with the most Italian coach we've had for quite a while. Thankfully the second half allayed my fears. Boateng is such an asset, I think being constantly underrated aids him and helps the team in the best way possible. Barca's third goal was an example of how deceptively brilliant football can be. Any team that wants to (play football) and compete with them will elevate itself, as we did yesterday.

However, that Messi penalty was outrageous. I don't know why he had to do that given the kind of player he is. Penaltiies such as this should automatically be marked as havin been saved and the opposition given the advantage, because I think it gives an unfair advantage to the striker by unsettling the GK.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
just wanna say that even through all the diving, shitty referee calls (especially the first goal where xavi was offside) and drama it was an epic and entertaining game :thumbsup: not even mad

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I like Zambrotta getting up like old days in the second half was a testament that this MILAN side is gaining on confidence. And yes, Barca is a still better side but the penalty shouldn't have awarded for them.

And yes, we could have won the game too.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to list. Proud FC Barcelona Club Member.
very good game. both sides played well. better end for us ^^

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if Milan could have won if they played abit more cautious. Just slightly more defensive minded, just enough to make it harder for Barcelona to run thru the midfield like they did in the match. Anyway, Milan are not gonna win when conceding 3 goals. Barcelona are not unbeatable, they got smashed this weekend by spanish crappy low table team. This makes me more mad, we should have won against Barcelona. :mad:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it was a great game that caused me to lose a massive amount of respect for those diving little vaginas!!

The penalty was bs Xavi dove before he even got touched, and we definitely couldve won or at least tied 3-3, shouldnt of let Xavi just run in between 5 player for the last goal

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
I wish we could replay this game with Nocerino playing instead of Seedorf.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish we could replay this game with Nocerino playing instead of Seedorf.

I really doubt Noce would do better than Dorf in a game like this. Seedorf assisted to our first goal and was one of our best at maintaining possession, while Nocerino was the worst at it in the 1st leg.

Nocerino is getting ridiculously overrated in this forum, the opposite for Dorf.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Just watched the highlights for the first time and I'm so fucking angry.
Xavis PK should NOT be a PK and Robinhos dive shouldn't be a PK either but it was 100 times worse than Xavis and if he could get one Robinho should also.
Robinho. :fp:
Can't belive he missed that open chance.

And I can't belive Barshitlona won with a dive before the freekick at Camp Nou and with a dive PK and an own goal at San Siro.
FUCK! :mad:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I really doubt Noce would do better than Dorf in a game like this. Seedorf assisted to our first goal and was one of our best at maintaining possession, while Nocerino was the worst at it in the 1st leg.

Nocerino is getting ridiculously overrated in this forum, the opposite for Dorf.

:thumbsup::star:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score

not overrated. just extremely appreciated

we needed his energy. not saying seedorf would be poor in matches like this, but his energy and work rate would help loads

noce played right mid in the first leg, and it was his second game with us. first in the cl with milan

u cant possibly judge him then

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
not overrated. just extremely appreciated

we needed his energy. not saying seedorf would be poor in matches like this, but his energy and work rate would help loads

noce played right mid in the first leg, and it was his second game with us. first in the cl with milan

u cant possibly judge him then

He fucked up multiple times just like in Nou Camp when he came in late in the home game.

Schedule