EL round of 16 - Milan vs Arsenal 1st leg 08/03/18 19:00 CET

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
all arsenal need to do is isolate suso to kill off our attack, so I don't see where this "2-3 goal difference" comes from.

hakan has poor end product and cutrone is still working on his game.

can we win? definitely, but I really don't see where this arrogance is coming from. We have fought hard to win games against teams that are much weaker than arsenal..let's not forget that.

I read rino's statements and he said all the right things, hopefully it's not all talk and the humility and respect is shown on the pitch as well.

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
all arsenal need to do is isolate suso to kill off our attack, so I don't see where this "2-3 goal difference" comes from.

hakan has poor end product and cutrone is still working on his game.

can we win? definitely, but I really don't see where this arrogance is coming from. We have fought hard to win games against teams that are much weaker than arsenal..let's not forget that.

I read rino's statements and he said all the right things, hopefully it's not all talk and the humility and respect is shown on the pitch as well.

You are right but in my oppinion this kind of right is the "on paper".

On the pitch when arsenal players will exit the tunnel our fans and the atmosphere inside the san siro will inject so much fear into their brains that thier legs will shake!!! THIS IS MILAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
You are right but in my oppinion this kind of right is the "on paper".

On the pitch when arsenal players will exit the tunnel our fans and the atmosphere inside the san siro will inject so much fear into their brains that thier legs will shake!!! THIS IS MILAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!

I hope it's a brilliant atmosphere with a comfortable win but I'm really nervous about this tie.

tbh I haven't been this nervous about a milan game in many years :lol:

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Grown men believing in jinx lmao

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
What game is the second picture from?

I honestly can't remember, its some game in the mid 2000's. Its from a curva organisation that has long since disbanded.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Grown men believing in jinx lmao

funny-gifs-Internet-Vs-Reality.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
They are there for the taking. If we play as we have done recently there is no doubt in my mind that we will win. Neither team are world beaters but they are weak mentally where as Gattuso is installing an iron will amongst our players.

Forza Milan!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
How many European games our ragazzi have anyway? We saw what the price of experience is in Europe. If Mexes was giving a speech he would be talking about Milan.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Ya.. we're not scoring 3. Our attack is really not that great other than a whim from Suso.

Don't forget that this Arsenal is done in the league and this is the only hope of salvaging their season. They have literally nothing to lose and still have players like Ozil and Mkhitaryan.

I expect this to be the game where Romagnolis greatness becomes apparent to the rest of the football world though.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
This game isn’t as easy as most of you say. We need a flawless performance over 180 minutes to go through. I don’t like the away goals. I’ll take any positive score for milan but 2-1 scares the shit out of me.

Let’s do it the old fashioned milan way 1-0 and go kill them on counter in London.

The game is in 7 hours and I am so nervous, I think I won’t watch it. I am too old for this shit

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We are losing this tie if we don't go to London with a 2-goal difference.

I'm significantly less stressed about this one than about a Roma/Inter/Lazio match. Much more open team, easier to score for our players, and at the end of the day it's Europa League so minimal worries if we get knocked out.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's gonna be tough, but we can win this. We need a win over Arsenal to get the confidence out of the roof.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
arsenal are broke, they just want to get rid of arsene asap, they cant handle the pressure in san siro
no problem for this game guys

MilanBlood

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I truly think arsenal will score tonight i don't like the idea but the probability is high.

We must defend perfectly and take thier high pressure to our advantage with good counters and score at least one goal.

As the game will reach peak level (Let's say 70 minute+) thats the point where arsenal are tired and most likely to make mistakes, possesion game with build up through the flankes are key to score another 2.
Requires super game for either suso and Çalhanoğlu.
FORZA MILAN!!!

My heart is at 190 RPM right now.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Noway in hell we re not scoring vs this arsenal defense

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
europa league vs arsenal

its not what many of us are used to, but dont forget, the teams with history always come through, real madrid in the CL when playing badly or below their best etc

We are milan, the fans know how to lead the team through it, and Gattuso has been in many bigger nights as a player, we will play tight and further prove ourselves, winning ugly if needed.

have faith, and regardless of Arsenals losing streak or poor form, it fdoesnt matter in the later stages of cup comps, looking forward to a good milan unit giving it everything they have, and with Gattuso has boss, thi is exactly what we can expect.

Will arsenal really have the same drive that our team has had lately? The same give everything mentality?

Im not so sure, Forza Milan

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
We can’t underestimate Arsenal but I feel we got this, at least in San Siro anything other than a win will be disappointing. We’re fortunate their best 2 strikers are missing and I’m confident Bonucci and Romagnoli can handle their attack. Their defense is pretty bad but sadly we don’t have a world class striker who would surely take advantage of it.

Hopefully Suso and Cutrone are inspired tomorrow, we’ll need them in their best of form. I also hope Astori’s shocking death won’t affect the team’s morale, I’m not sure how close some of our players were with him but a death of a person can cause some bad mental effects. Hopefully Gattuso instills the mentality that we should play better and win the match for Astori.

The Inter match being postponed is also some beneficial recovery time, ofc it came at circumstances no one us would have want it to happen, but this rest can help our team recover physically. I’m really looking forward to this, I won’t be surprised if Arsenal wins but I believe in Milan. I pick us to win 3-1.

Forza Milan!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Suso and Hakan are up against Calum Chambers and Kolasinac? Oh dear.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Confirmed: Arsenal will wear their blue away kit for tonight’s Europa League clash away to AC Milan.

Eww.

Schedule