Week 31: Milan vs Sassuolo - 08/4/2018

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
442... it worked plenty of times
Bonaventura has by far been our worst player the last 2 months. He ass should needs to be benched

I have a feeling that "working" 4-4-2 would have given us just as much of an headache as the 4-3-3. We had PLENTY of opportunities tonight, but the confidence needed to make a proper run for 4th is just not there. Hopefully it will be in a year, with a raise in quality.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think suso's crossing has been very poor recently, he doesn't look before he crosses, just swings it in and hopes for the best.

bonna for me is case closed, i can't stand to see him in our shirt anymore.

yeah exactly, its astonishing at how bad our passing is. simple balls they can't play.

to be fair to him kalinic has good positioning, a lot better than silva. if he would be more clinical he can help us a lot in the latter stages of games.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Sonethings wrong, if we spent 200M and we dont have the quality for a top 4 finish in serie a
I know we can easily blame F&M on their player to be bought selection.. but before the season start.. to be fair.. bonucci, musacchio, RR, biglia, hakan, kalinic, and silva is good player on the paper.. no body predicts that they will be underperform like now...
Maybe bad luck does exist..

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
another thing....Kalinic scored a wonderful goal....but he also wasted two absolute sitters as well. We need a proper striker.

Silva is more of a supporting forward and Cutrone isn't ready to be a big team's starting striker.....Also Silva did something good with the ball every time he had it....I can't see for the FUCKING LIFE OF ME why Gattuso can't simply play 4-4-2 with Silva replacing Bonaventura.....whyyyyy

this :thumbsup:

he open our play so much for us but we just dont have enough pace to catch up or lack of a clinical striker to finish this up
he is more like a 9,5 not a nr 9
kalinic should be the main striker, he did score 1 tonight but missed 2-3 sitter with his headers :fp:

you need 2 wide players that can both defend and attack

suso can't defend and he doesnt even try it.
hakan sometimes tries to defend, but not good enough.

we will be to weak defensively on the wings..

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
nope, they are not that good
they just have a clinical striker and a somewhat inconsistent team at best

A team now in the top 4 and heading for the last 4 of the EL aren't that good? If Lazio are inconsistent, what are we? not good enough.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Lazio have scored more than 100 goals (75 in Serie A)

Not all down to a clinical striker.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I know Rino is a good man-manager and is sticking behind his players.

But FFS how much longer until we try someone else instead of Bonaventura.

who? thanks to miserabelli, rino has 0 depth.

locatelli? mauri? montolivo? lel

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
who? thanks to miserabelli, rino has 0 depth.

locatelli? mauri? montolivo? lel

Selling Jack and replacing him with someone better is our only option.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Our problems begin and end with ownership. Even blaming Mirabelli is not ideal since the guy was given a mandate to change the squad wholesale, rather than to focus on a few positions (terrible commoder-like idea).

When you buy 11 new players, no matter how big a transfer guru you are, you are obviously 1) spreading the budget thin and thus getting sub-optimal players for important positions like a striker, and 2) flirting with the probability that at least 3-4 of the 11 signings will flop.

Andre Silva, Ricardo Rodriguez, Kalinic, Musacchio have all flopped, which honestly is just probability. Not Mirabelli's fault.

Yes I'd blame him for being taken in by Jorge Mendes, but hey why did we go for an inexperienced Sporting Director for a project so ambitious?

Problems start and end with ownership.

Gattuso is by far the best thing we have in our club.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
That goal isn't Donnarumma's fault at all.

Marco Amelia, former Milan goalkeeper, on Gigio Donnarumma: "I think he has a wrong posture: the foot support is too open, he loses a fraction of time to push his foot instead of carrying it on the ball. He takes too many goals from distance, he should work on it. "

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Marco Amelia, former Milan goalkeeper, on Gigio Donnarumma: "I think he has a wrong posture: the foot support is too open, he loses a fraction of time to push his foot instead of carrying it on the ball. He takes too many goals from distance, he should work on it. "

6m GL :proud::proud::cool::cool::heart::heart:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
We should have take the 3 points. But we not go win ever. Overall It was a good game by our boys.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
So thats it.
We need a playmaker.
And a good one.

Biglia - XXX - Kessie