The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2020, 10:03   #641
Ash
Swag Maestro
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Lukaku was unlucky. At that speed he didn't have time to react.
If that had hit Inzaghi, it would have ended up in the top corner
No he wasnt

Look at the entire sequence.

His positioning was god awful and he had no business being where he was in the first place. Dude was caught ball watching.

Heck even if the ball went in, it would have been ruled out for offside as Lukaku was blocking the GKs view.

There was an almost exact scenario couple of minutes earlier too.

For a supposed self proclaimed top 5 striker in the world, dude's awareness and positioning skills are atrocious

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 14:50   #642
leaf
voodoo donkey
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
It was one of the Basaksehir players who was caught saying "gypsy", not Webo.
He said "in my country Romanians are gypsies, I can't say gypsy".
It seems to be in response to the referee's explanation that "negru" is not racist in Romanian.
So basically what he seems to be trying to say is "I can't call Romanians gypsies, even if it's okay in my country. You shouldn't be able to say negru even if it's okay in Romania".
Is it a dumb comparison? Yes.
But your recount of the incident is wrong, unless you have access to audio or video footage which we don't.
Webo seems to have behaved rudely on the bench, but there is no proof or credible report of him calling the refs gypsies.

With that said, the referees deserve an apology.
Millions of professional and amateur "anti-racism activists" made an ass of themselves after this incident and I expect no apology or even acknowledgement of any wrongdoing from them since that movement is dominated by narcissists and cowards with no credibility.
UEFA was scared into revoking Webo's suspension and having the new refs kneel along with clout chasers who ruined a ref's career the day before. Shameful.


We live in the Idiocracy


Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.

Last edited by leaf; 13-12-2020 at 15:38.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 15:39   #643
leaf
voodoo donkey
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
No he wasnt

Look at the entire sequence.

His positioning was god awful and he had no business being where he was in the first place. Dude was caught ball watching.

Heck even if the ball went in, it would have been ruled out for offside as Lukaku was blocking the GKs view.

There was an almost exact scenario couple of minutes earlier too.

For a supposed self proclaimed top 5 striker in the world, dude's awareness and positioning skills are atrocious

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I'm not saying that his positioning wasn't awful.
I am saying that because of the position he was in he had no time to react to when the ball came his way


Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2020, 20:19   #644
Pingu
Revolution
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
I'm not saying that his positioning wasn't awful.
I am saying that because of the position he was in he had no time to react to when the ball came his way
Yep, that's exactly why Lukaku was nominated as a top 5 ball-watcher. Perhaps might rank top of the list if he does it again. He put himself in a bad position (off-side) with no time to react, which is not unlucky rather just his own mistake.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 05:51   #645
Benz_1803
classic 1994
 
Benz_1803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fav. Players: Milan legendary
Default

.


Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.