The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 23-01-2021, 21:54   #1081
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
This is totally on Pioli. Meite as CAM was horrible choice, he should've played with Kessie instead of Tonali. Leao shouldn't have started as well, not vs Atalanta in 1st half. Rebic, if fit or even Hauge would've been better, as he contributes defensively much more.

I'm not worried though, shit happens. You can't get everything perfect all the time

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Semi-Retired
VultureSheva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 22:01   #1082
Jivara
Forza Milan

Atalanta played an almost perfect match and once they clicked we became worse and worse. This is our worse performance since the match vs. Atalanta last year.

So I think teams were unable to figure out a way to play us but Atalanta with their excellent pressing have found a way. Especially now that we are low on gas it becomes difficult to play these teams. Atalanta are reaching their physical peak while we are clearly declining. To add to that we are missing two key players who deal with pressing better than anyone else on the team, Bennacer and Calhanoglu. Their absence was clearly noticed, and has been thr case for a while. When Milan made its comeback I remember that the key was the Bennacer-Kessie partnership, they could keep the ball between them and give the other players the time and space to continue their relentless aggression. Tonali is a little bit too slow for a game like this and the AM position needs someone who thinks before he receives the ball.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 22:13   #1083
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
Atalanta played an almost perfect match and once they clicked we became worse and worse. This is our worse performance since the match vs. Atalanta last year.

So I think teams were unable to figure out a way to play us but Atalanta with their excellent pressing have found a way. Especially now that we are low on gas it becomes difficult to play these teams. Atalanta are reaching their physical peak while we are clearly declining. To add to that we are missing two key players who deal with pressing better than anyone else on the team, Bennacer and Calhanoglu. Their absence was clearly noticed, and has been thr case for a while. When Milan made its comeback I remember that the key was the Bennacer-Kessie partnership, they could keep the ball between them and give the other players the time and space to continue their relentless aggression. Tonali is a little bit too slow for a game like this and the AM position needs someone who thinks before he receives the ball.
Gasperini just said this was probably the best ever performance by his Atalanta. They played an almost perfect game and were very intense throughout.

We were disjointed and every player was subpar. It's easy to say it was Pioli's mistake in playing Meite, but we didn't improve in the second half and in fact we looked even more lost. Their second goal killed us off and we should have been playing a lot more direct and long seeing as how we didn't have Hakan, and try to sit back and deep as much as possible, hoping to hit them on the break. We tried to play their game too often, with our CB's pushing way too deep and getting caught.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 22:17   #1084
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
did Leao touch the ball today?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 22:36   #1085
Uno Rossonero
Rookie

Seeing illicic tear musacchio a new one was giving me ptsd
Uno Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 23:18   #1086
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta, Alessio Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Andre Silva scored twice again
#JustSayin
Lucky he wasn't here because he wouldn't have scored in today's game.

Could replace his name with any other striker's name that scored in their match today.

That's how inconsequential your statement is.

Signature
It's hard to believe that it's me that you're missing
Now you're trying to speak and I don't want to listen
Because you're a let down.
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 23:18   #1087
Hitchens
Trophies incoming

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

What the fuck happened?

Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 23:28   #1088
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Can't expect a guy who turns off the game at halftime to notice how often Hauge tracks back and recovers balls. I'm not very happy with his whole level thus far, but you can't deny this aspect of his game.

You are really a fan boy.
Qaas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 23:29   #1089
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Gasperini just said this was probably the best ever performance by his Atalanta. They played an almost perfect game and were very intense throughout.

We were disjointed and every player was subpar. It's easy to say it was Pioli's mistake in playing Meite, but we didn't improve in the second half and in fact we looked even more lost. Their second goal killed us off and we should have been playing a lot more direct and long seeing as how we didn't have Hakan, and try to sit back and deep as much as possible, hoping to hit them on the break. We tried to play their game too often, with our CB's pushing way too deep and getting caught.
I don't think the long ball was the solution, because they tried that and it failed. But I can't really tell you what the solution should be, because Atalanta just looked fresher than Milan and like I said, we were missing the exact players we needed for this match.

Maybe we need another formation vs such a team. Ibra between three well organized defenders did not work. Romero dealt with him well and their wing backs prevented our side players from delivering crosses. Meanwhile Zapata was a real disturbance to our centre backs.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 23:31   #1090
Tantalis
Heyoka

Chinamilan wins biggest loser in my book for getting himself banned after a loss.

Signature

Fabio Borini: "My nose is bleeding and we should finish every game by bleeding!"
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 02:42   #1091
Cloren
Primavera Player

Have we ever lost a match with Saelemaekers on the pitch
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 02:56   #1092
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Kid View Post
This is on pioli.. rebic should have started.. samu shouldn?t have started/stayed on for past half time .. why the fuck start meite and in that position?! Why not diaz the obvious choice??!!! Fuck u coach
What the hell did rebic do after coming on except for losing balls because of poor first touch? He had more than half hour to do something. Leao played for 5 minutes and disappeared completely yet nobody is criticising him. Samu was easily one of our best players.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 03:02   #1093
helloAgain
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Donnarumma: 6.0 (Alert, made a few good saves, perhaps unlucky on the PK. Conceded 3 goals)

Calabria: 5.5 (2019 Calabria)

Kjaer: 6.5 (Atalanta and his teammates gave him a difficult night but he bailed us out a few times)

Kalulu: 5.0 (Had a great start, saving the team on a few occasions until he got bullied by Romero. Should've been subbed earlier, the injury seem to have played a part in the PK incident)

Theo: 5.0 (Pretty bad in both phases.)

Kessie: 5.5 (Not his night. Too sloppy on several occasions. But the Atalanta press would put any midfielder in difficulty)

Tonali: 5.5 (A liability in the first half, but one of very few Milan players with an acceptable 2nd. Took a lot of defensive responsibility and showed a lot of personality in the chaotic last 30 minutes.)

Leao: 5.0 (Very good first 10 mins, terrible rest of his time on the pitch. Still zero chemistry Theo, and not as good as Rebic at playing off Ibra.)

Meite: 3.0 (Proved to be a costly mistake from Pioli. Near useless on and off ball. He wasn't ready for this. Even Krunic was better in his first few outings in that role.)

Samu: 6.0 (Did his part defensively, as usual, and was able to resist their press and maintain possession in their half, but we need more end product.

Ibra: 5.5 (Should've scored but this wasn't his night. His holdup play wasn't as good as usual, although Meite and Leao aren't as good at taking advantage of it as Hakan and Rebic. Atalanta were more physical and intense than he's used to. Not all of them are like Caldara.)

Rebic: 5.0 (We really missed an in form Rebic tonight. We got a rusty one that joined when it was almost over.)

Manduzkic: .. (Gave more than he has at the moment. No chemistry with Ibra. Looked like he was about to pass out at the end.)

Musacchio: 6.0 (Joined at a very difficult moment. Didn't do that badly, considering the circumstances and how little he has played in the last 11 months, but he did get embarrassed on at least one occasion.

Diaz: 5.5 (Another player with a night to forget. Got double pressed as soon as he was on the ball, which proved to be more than he could handle. Still, he was an improvement from Meite and much more of an attacking threat.)
Kjaer made plenty of mistakes. At best 5.5.
Theo 3.5 at best too. Didn't do a single thing right.
Calabria 6
Kalulu 6
Tonali 6
Leao 4
Kessie 5
Pioli 5
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 03:46   #1094
jawz10
Milinkovic Savage

Didn?t read the whole thread, as soon as the match ended I went for a long walk and haven?t been online for hours, but did anyone else feel like the ref kinda fucked us in this match? I get it, Kessie?s foul was technically a penalty, but considering how rough Atalanta play it felt harsh to penalize us that way. I mean they almost broke Kalulu?s rib- no foul called, and they KNOCKED KJAER UNCONSCIOUS- again no foul if I?m not mistaken (go and watch how he falls, he was flash KO?d as he fell, whole body went limp). It was like Atalanta was free to kick us and hurt us all over the pitch and as soon as Ilicic got an accidental slap it was a penalty and a yellow? Bull.
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 04:08   #1095
abritcemeng
World Cup Winner

An experiment with tonali as CAM is more make sense than Meite
abritcemeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 04:33   #1096
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by abritcemeng View Post
An experiment with tonali as CAM is more make sense than Meite
I agree with this but the two-midfielder is just too important. If have Bennacer and Kessie, I agree we can play Tonali as CAM.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 04:44   #1097
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
Kjaer made plenty of mistakes. At best 5.5.
Theo 3.5 at best too. Didn't do a single thing right.
Calabria 6
Kalulu 6
Tonali 6
Leao 4
Kessie 5
Pioli 5
Really?calabria 6?
3x i count he was causing counters from blocked pass and got beaten on duels easily over times, he was top 3 the worst player on the pitch.

Maldini

Signature
Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 05:43   #1098
abritcemeng
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
I agree with this but the two-midfielder is just too important. If have Bennacer and Kessie, I agree we can play Tonali as CAM.
Meite-kessie will be the dm duo
abritcemeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 06:21   #1099
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Have we ever lost a match with Saelemaekers on the pitch
No.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 06:52   #1100
Cloren
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
No.
He is our lucky charm, and with that said he was really missed today. Samu wasn't exactly bad but he adds nothing on the offence, his work rate is amazing but he’s just an average player. A good sub at best, nothing more. The red card last week for Saele was really harsh. Him, Hakan and Bennacer would have made a whole lot of difference for this match. That’s what I would like to believe. But the whole team didn’t perform today, even Ibra/Kessie/Theo had a poor day for their standards. Rebic was clearly not in shape after recovering from Covid.
Cloren is offline   Reply With Quote