The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 10-06-2018, 03:09   #3441
GeorgeWeahJnr
Primavera Player

Anyone got a good link? Hope Whittaker mauls him so it’s not a sham tittle
GeorgeWeahJnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:30   #3442
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Yoel vs Whittaker was absolutely fantastic. Feeling absolutely blessed to watch these two - shame about Yoel's age, wish I could watch him forever but at least we got Robert.

Should've been draw or win for Romero - Robert won 3 rounds but Yoel absolutely dominated the fifth and you could score his other round as a 10-8 too maybe - Judges got a lot wrong today, as per usual

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence

I exist to make Merda fans miserable

Last edited by Alec; 10-06-2018 at 07:41.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:33   #3443
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Yoel vs Whittaker was absolutely fantastic. Feeling absolutely blessed to watch these two - shame about Yoel's age, wish I could watch him forever but at least we got Robert.

Should've been draw or win for Romero - Robert won 3 rounds but Yoel absolutely dominated the fifth and you could score his other round as a 10-8 too maybe - Judges got a lot wrong today, as per usual
Last 2 fights were bad decisions

In my opinion

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:51   #3444
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Last 2 fights were bad decisions

In my opinion

Yes, fully agree. I had RDA winning 3-2 against Colby. Yes, Colby walked forward but he really didn't do much then hold RDA against the wall. RDA scored the big hits in the fight. Colby's striking was very ineffective, missing a lot.

Now I'll grant you, I am not a grappler and don't understand the finer nuances of it, so obviously I can't score that reliably, but I felt RDA did more significant damage imo. Also Colby struggled to take RDA down while RDA did it effortlessly it seems.

Signature

Old 10-06-2018, 15:33   #3445
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

Yes, fully agree. I had RDA winning 3-2 against Colby. Yes, Colby walked forward but he really didn't do much then hold RDA against the wall. RDA scored the big hits in the fight. Colby's striking was very ineffective, missing a lot.

Now I'll grant you, I am not a grappler and don't understand the finer nuances of it, so obviously I can't score that reliably, but I felt RDA did more significant damage imo. Also Colby struggled to take RDA down while RDA did it effortlessly it seems.
Colby was really good with the way he leans forward creates pressure with his shoulder. Even if he does nothing, just by leaning forwards he now creates a lot of weight Dos Anjos must now match or get completely ran over and taken down. Even if Dos Anjos leans back, because of the size difference he is losing the "metabolic exchange" of the fight.

I knew that would be his strategy, and many others before him employ similar strategies (Couture vs. Vera), but I would have liked to see him do more damage and use those situations to gain additional control and not just try to wear down RDA. RDA also landed more consistently IMO, that's why I had it for RDA because I feel like "octagon control" is one of the factors but should not be what determines a fight.

And CM Punk

That was such a Rizin (or previous JMMA) type match up.

Signature
Old 10-06-2018, 19:02   #3446
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Bobby won that, no doubt about it. And fuck Yoel, the guy is a cheating cunt. Second time he misses wait in a row, stool gate etc.

Really disappointed with RDA...also the card was shite overall.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 19:38   #3447
Sage
Phase 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Bobby won that, no doubt about it. And fuck Yoel, the guy is a cheating cunt. Second time he misses wait in a row, stool gate etc.

first wonderboy and now whittaker, you have no problems being super biased
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 20:08   #3448
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
first wonderboy and now whittaker, you have no problems being super biased
How exactly am i biased? Did Yoel not cheat in the last too fights? 1, 2, 4 Robert, he closed Gay Jesus eye with a broken hand.

Signature
Old 10-06-2018, 20:10   #3449
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:

Your judgement for that fight is so off, you might just be an actual ref

If that fifth round wasn't a 10:8 for Yoel, then no round is. Robert was on deaths door, the round was entirely about Yoel trying to finish Robert while Rob was in full survival mode. Props to him for not going to sleep but he was dominated in that round.

Didn't the majority of the media score the fight as a draw and/or win for Romero too?

And wow - he came in 0.2 lbs overweight, big deal. That didn't change the fight at all.

Signature

Old 10-06-2018, 20:14   #3450
Sage
Phase 3

should have been a draw

btw regardless of the decision, tons of respect for robert whittaker. he's a fantastic fighter with a great attitude, hard to root against this guy.

Last edited by Sage; 10-06-2018 at 20:17.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 23:28   #3451
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

just saw the event

Gotta give it to Covington, great performance and I don't really understand how Alec (and Curupira?) gave it too RDA. I thought it was a clear victory and RDA was shut down.

Whitaker broke his hand, otherwise he'd probably run over Romero - but ifs and buts don't count so I thought that should have been a draw which would make the 3rd fight something to look forward to. Hopefully Robert won't be gone for long.

I was rooting for CM Punk, but he really doesn't belong in the octagon looked absolutely amateurish.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:47   #3452
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Your judgement for that fight is so off, you might just be an actual ref

If that fifth round wasn't a 10:8 for Yoel, then no round is. Robert was on deaths door, the round was entirely about Yoel trying to finish Robert while Rob was in full survival mode. Props to him for not going to sleep but he was dominated in that round.

Didn't the majority of the media score the fight as a draw and/or win for Romero too?

And wow - he came in 0.2 lbs overweight, big deal. That didn't change the fight at all.

No the media didn't score it as a majority for Yoel.
Yes it is a big deal, because its not the first time he does it.

Signature
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36   #3453
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
just saw the event

Gotta give it to Covington, great performance and I don't really understand how Alec (and Curupira?) gave it too RDA. I thought it was a clear victory and RDA was shut down.

Whitaker broke his hand, otherwise he'd probably run over Romero - but ifs and buts don't count so I thought that should have been a draw which would make the 3rd fight something to look forward to. Hopefully Robert won't be gone for long.

I was rooting for CM Punk, but he really doesn't belong in the octagon looked absolutely amateurish.
I really wasn't impressed with his wall and stall. His standup was atrocious and I am frankly shocked RDA didn't take advantage of that. When he had control he didn't do much of it. Compare it with someone like Khabib when he gets control against a guy, how active he is.

You got Colby on the complete other end of the spectrum, gets his opponent against the wall and buries his head in his crotch. Obviously people put emphasis on different things but I didn't feel like Colby did much more that he inflicted a great deal of damage.

And yeah, CM - seems like a decent dude, is a shit fighter. He tried, can't blame him, just roll my eyes at Dana putting this on the main card.

Quote:

No the media didn't score it as a majority for Yoel.
Yes it is a big deal, because its not the first time he does it.
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision...vs-Yoel-Romero

Oh, they didn't - huh? 15 for Romero; 8 Draw, 5 Whittaker - Totally, the media didn't score for Yoel

Mate, don't let your hate for the Soldier of God cloud your judgement.

He missed weight against Rockhold when he was a short notice replacement. He missed by 0.2 lbs now when the commission apparently only gave him 1 of 2 hours to cut the remaining weight. Not a big deal - it's not like he wasn't totally drained.

Signature

Last edited by Alec; 11-06-2018 at 09:38.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26   #3454
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
just saw the event

I was pretty partial as I am not a fan of people employing the pressure game without dishing out pain and uses ONLY control as a form of winning. But, after rewatching, I had it 3-2 Covington.

I thought Romero won 3, 4, 5.

Punk is not even amateur level fighter here I know part time guys that will absolutely ruin his life. Mike Jackson is locally known more as a photographer and MMA columnist than an actual fighter

Signature
Old 11-06-2018, 11:28   #3455
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Before talking about Romero "cheating" and quoting Sonnen, Cruz and other professional fighters, think about the case. Mackenzie Dern (topic of discussion when professional fighters made the "cheating" comment) was 7 lbs over and didn't even tried to cut. In that sense, she is still refreshed and a fuck ton over, and will still fight. Whereas here, Romero tried to make weight and was only 0.2 lb over and only got 1 hour (aka he made all the efforts that a fighter who failed weight still had to make to get as close as possible). Let's not pretend this is the same thing and categorize them both as such because that would be idiotic.

Signature
Old 11-06-2018, 11:43   #3456
Az.
Se7en

This is not the first time he missed weight. And like I mentioned previously, its not the only form of cheating he employs.

Signature
Old 11-06-2018, 13:05   #3457
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

So how did he cheat against Whittaker? The weight obviously is no big deal - he was drained and if it wasn't a title fight, it wouldn't even constitute missing weight. So what did he do that seemingly makes him a cheat?

Signature

Old 11-06-2018, 13:09   #3458
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
So how did he cheat against Whittaker? The weight obviously is no big deal - he was drained and if it wasn't a title fight, it wouldn't even constitute missing weight. So what did he do that seemingly makes him a cheat?
He was drained because he cuts a shit tone of weight and almost looks like death when he does it.

It wasn't for a title fight, because he missed weight, otherwise it would have been. Last time when he missed weight, he said he didn't have time to prepare, this time he had all the time to prepare and still fucked up and looked like he was about to die from the cut.

He should fight in his weight class, at LHW where he belongs.

Signature
Old 11-06-2018, 13:41   #3459
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Okay, he would've made the weight if the commission gave him the full 2 hours, so I repeat my question - how did he cheat against Robert? There's no cheating. Romero won/drew fair and square but you can't acknowledge that because you're just a huge Romero hater, clear as day.

Signature

Old 11-06-2018, 14:10   #3460
Az.
Se7en

Quote:
Okay, he would've made the weight if the commission gave him the full 2 hours, so I repeat my question - how did he cheat against Robert? There's no cheating. Romero won/drew fair and square but you can't acknowledge that because you're just a huge Romero hater, clear as day.
I'm a hater because i'm pointing out the times he cheated the rules not just in this fight? Okay budeeh.

Signature