Leonardo Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
leo played with gattuso, ambrosini and against pippo, pirlo, seedorf, nesta and well anyone 30 or over who was in italy

i wonder if there is a lack of respect there... te younger players seem to take him alot more seriously which makes sense. For older players you need a REAL presense.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
leo played with gattuso, ambrosini and against pippo, pirlo, seedorf, nesta and well anyone 30 or over who was in italy

i wonder if there is a lack of respect there... te younger players seem to take him alot more seriously which makes sense. For older players you need a REAL presense.

yeah i guess having a former opponent playing against you might make you feel a bit angry and humiliated, but it's a real mystery what is happening in the dressign room, apparently both ambro and rino have been shown getting very angry at leo, which incidentally are the captain and the vice captain

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I have seen Gattuso,Pirlo & Flamini all praise Leonardo & all the players are giving their all, but at the moment Milan are not agreat side & like in Derby everything that could go wrong went wrong.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
it's not about the players...look at Chelsea and Real...they had always the best and the most expensive players but in the last few years they couldn't win Cl.

...a good coach can handle even a mediocre team...and here is not our case,cuz MILAN has some brillant players.

Milan have some big names who are over the hill.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Whether he played with them or not, that shouldn't matter. Carlo played with Maldini and Billy. That worked out fine. People should behave as professionals. Thats the whole idea.

He has to impose himself, but at the same, earn their respect as a person. It is very important that the players believe in what he says. If they don't, this simply will not work.

I just feel he's been thrown in the deep end way too fast. It will take a lot of character from him to come back from this setback. If he does, its a small step, but a very important one nonetheless.

In the meantime, us fans should be concentrating on the real culprit behind our predicament. The Prime Minster.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Whether he played with them or not, that shouldn't matter. Carlo played with Maldini and Billy. That worked out fine. People should behave as professionals. Thats the whole idea.

He has to impose himself, but at the same, earn their respect as a person. It is very important that the players believe in what he says. If they don't, this simply will not work.

I just feel he's been thrown in the deep end way too fast. It will take a lot of character from him to come back from this setback. If he does, its a small step, but a very important one nonetheless.

In the meantime, us fans should be concentrating on the real culprit behind our predicament. The Prime Minster.

He can recover & hopefully get in the top 4.

The blame should be almost exclusively on Berlusconi who has given Leonardo aduff hand.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I still think a good manager can do good with this Milan.
Am not talkin about titles but about having a decent team.
All we ask is benching players who doesnt give a fuck & Dinho , Pirlo & Seedorf r the usual suspects.
We r still better than most teams & if we failed 2 play better then its Leo's fault.

Last edited:

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Damn Seedorf was on the sidelines, Leo talks to him how to play... they just waited for break to come in! What Rino did was something that even 10 year boy wouldn't do! Incredibly stupid and incredibly immature and most of all incredibly unfair for his teammates and something that I believe no captain in the world will do!

I totally agree with the Gatuso thread! The guy disappoints me a lot cuz no one asked him to make that fault, even not to try to get back that ball since he is injured and already booked a yellow card! This is the most stupid think i've seen in football!

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I still think a good manager can still do good with this Milan.
Am not talkin about titles but about having a decent team.
All we ask is benching players who doesnt give a fuck & Dinho , Pirlo & Seedorf r the usual suspects.
We r still better than most teams & if we failed 2 play better then its Leo's fault.

Since we didn't get another playmaker to replace Pirlo, i think leo should try Seedorf as defensive midlefield or even try Thiago Silva in that position (but the problem will be to find another decent CB). Our problem is meanly the midlefield and the LB, so why can't he try antonini instead of Janku?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

IMO we still have the famous senatori problem we've had even before Carlo was our coach (and lets be honest Seedorf, Sheva and Kaka all 3 send a huge vaffanculo during games to Carlo). Maldini and Billy were coached by a guy with zero tolerance and both of them seem more respectful towards who heads them (call it a generational thing). That said, Leo looks like one that tried to kill that off, and that may be the problem with Ambro and Gattuso (the 2 he knows better and current biggest leaders of the senatori). He benched Ambro after the supposed fight, I wouldn't be surprised if he benches Rino.

Agree. I do feel he can be a good coach, he knows a lot of football, he knows about tactics, he knows players from all places (since according to many he was the one for example that asked for Cissokho), but he is still too "pollito" like we would say in here. He would've need some time at Serie B club or a primavera squad before getting the big job here (just look at the whole Clarence-Rino sub fiasco). That said, geez, if he is first experience at coaching is with Milan at least give him some Milan worthy resources not some Livorno resources to work.

One part of me is hoping he gives his resignation and states clearly that Milan has no proyect and he can't work that way. He won't do it (and if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't state the reasons to the press), but I wouldn't mind him doing it.

No shit. I was reading somewhere some truth. The start of the transfer season, even with Kaka being sold, at least seemed like there was some planification on it. Cissokho, Dzeko and maybe there some CM or AM would've appeared. That was what we needed. Then all of the sudden Cissokho had bad teeth (!!!!!!), and Dzeko was not available (the shit the guy was available since December for us and he would've come here). And then everything failed, even easy targets. And damn it, it's true, it isn't just Galliani and Braida's uselessness, they tried to, but someone behind them took the money away.

In fact yesterday at the DS, which apparently was an event for italian Milan fans, finally a huge fan of Milan (Teo Teocoli a friend of Galliani) stated that Galliani and Braida should leave, first he stated all of the transfer mistakes they've done, how Milan needs new blood in the management, but then he said that Galliani was destroyed by letting Kaka go, which basically means that it wasn't his decision at all (as well as selling Sheva wasn't his decision, and I'm willing to say it wasn't Sheva's either): it's Berlusconi.

And I'm not ungrateful, I may have been a Milan fan for just 10 years, good Berlusconi brought trophies, but he ain't doing that anymore, and it's only fair to us, Milan fans, that he sells the team, he doesn't for it anymore.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
IMO we still have the famous senatori problem we've had even before Carlo was our coach (and lets be honest Seedorf, Sheva and Kaka all 3 send a huge vaffanculo during games to Carlo). Maldini and Billy were coached by a guy with zero tolerance and both of them seem more respectful towards who heads them (call it a generational thing). That said, Leo looks like one that tried to kill that off, and that may be the problem with Ambro and Gattuso (the 2 he knows better and current biggest leaders of the senatori). He benched Ambro after the supposed fight, I wouldn't be surprised if he benches Rino.

Agree. I do feel he can be a good coach, he knows a lot of football, he knows about tactics, he knows players from all places (since according to many he was the one for example that asked for Cissokho), but he is still too "pollito" like we would say in here. He would've need some time at Serie B club or a primavera squad before getting the big job here (just look at the whole Clarence-Rino sub fiasco). That said, geez, if he is first experience at coaching is with Milan at least give him some Milan worthy resources not some Livorno resources to work.

One part of me is hoping he gives his resignation and states clearly that Milan has no proyect and he can't work that way. He won't do it (and if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't state the reasons to the press), but I wouldn't mind him doing it.

No shit. I was reading somewhere some truth. The start of the transfer season, even with Kaka being sold, at least seemed like there was some planification on it. Cissokho, Dzeko and maybe there some CM or AM would've appeared. That was what we needed. Then all of the sudden Cissokho had bad teeth (!!!!!!), and Dzeko was not available (the shit the guy was available since December for us and he would've come here). And then everything failed, even easy targets. And damn it, it's true, it isn't just Galliani and Braida's uselessness, they tried to, but someone behind them took the money away.

In fact yesterday at the DS, which apparently was an event for italian Milan fans, finally a huge fan of Milan (Teo Teocoli a friend of Galliani) stated that Galliani and Braida should leave, first he stated all of the transfer mistakes they've done, how Milan needs new blood in the management, but then he said that Galliani was destroyed by letting Kaka go, which basically means that it wasn't his decision at all (as well as selling Sheva wasn't his decision, and I'm willing to say it wasn't Sheva's either): it's Berlusconi.

And I'm not ungrateful, I may have been a Milan fan for just 10 years, good Berlusconi brought trophies, but he ain't doing that anymore, and it's only fair to us, Milan fans, that he sells the team, he doesn't for it anymore.

I can understand Berlusconi being worried about the financial situation, but on alot of stuff he seems to have lost the plot, giving anew manager with no experience who you have chosen to take over no help with new players is both stupid & adisgrace.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I can understand Berlusconi being worried about the financial situation, but on alot of stuff he seems to have lost the plot, giving anew manager with no experience who you have chosen to take over is both stupid & adisgrace.
Dont buy his shit man.
U need 2 invest if u wanna create a team that can rely on it self.
How can we make money if we dont do good in CL & 4 us 2 do good then we need a good team , its like an empty circle.
Youth + getting rid of rotten players with big wages & we didnt do any.
I dont believe we have a plan anyway.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
well, its his 2nd official game and i belive b&g dont trust him enough to get him players he want...Next season if he proves he can finish top 4, they will probably invest a bit more. I dont think its right to judge him yet, his biggest mistake was experimenting strategy in derby... ffs u have so many shit teams to experiment on..

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
well, its his 2nd official game and i belive b&g dont trust him enough to get him players he want...Next season if he proves he can finish top 4, they will probably invest a bit more. I dont think its right to judge him yet, his biggest mistake was experimenting strategy in derby... ffs u have so many shit teams to experiment on..

He didn't really experiment against Inter, it was the exact same tactics and squad that we employed against Siena the week before, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I feel bad for Leonardo more than anything. He has been screwed over and lied to buy Berlusconi over transfers. He picked out some great targets, but B wouldn't pay enough for Dzeko and the Cissokho fiasco was simply an embarrassment. I think Cissokho would have made an immense difference for our team but I digress.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
so we won 1 and lost 1, transfer window is closed.i think i wouldnt have minded that we didnt get any decent players if guss hidiink was our coach.
as for leo he needs to get the most out of what he has got,it is still possible to win both the scuddeto and champions league but he needs to become this master tactician which i doubt he can be.
im just hoping that leo can pull miracles and not be afraid to change tactics during the games, he is our only hope.
forza milan.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
its seems to me tassotti is running the show. the 2nd half subs screamed tassotti/ancelotti. We were down 3-0.... there was zero reason to not try abate

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
One of my good friends finished an UEFA MBA program and he had Leo as his guest lecturer one year ago. He met him in person and he said Leo is a really cool guy(my friend is an Inter fan). They were talking and Leo told them that his position in Milan was basically doing everything and Berlusconi liked him because he was very close to all the players. He was advising players if they had problems, if they were feeling down(after the lecture he told them he needs to go pick up Ronaldo from the airport and after that talk to Gila because he was depressed for not playing:tongue:)

So maybe it's hard for some players to see him as a coach when just yesterday he was Leo our buddy and now he is Leo who is giving out orders...

I like Leo and I know he is in a terrible situation but I hope he will manage to do something with this squad.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Youth + getting rid of rotten players with big wages & we didnt do any.

yer i agree with u on that one about getting rid of rotten players, and we didnt.
but in bringing in young players we did that to full effect. zigoni, di gennaro, abate, barreta, thiago silva, huntelaar,

I ONLY WISH WE HAD YOANN GOURCUFF. AHHHHH SO MUCH ANGER.

Billsyboy1986

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Van Basten, Ronaldo (R9)
Do you know that your mum is a real bitch... see I can think, better than you thought!

:eek: Lol. You're hilariously mature. My point was.. that the answer to the question is "yes you can think DESPITE the stupid post". Hence so can Gattuso, DESPITE the stupid challenge. People do stupid things all the time, doesn't mean they're blameless, as they should know better. And your post was stupid for not recognising that. Saying Gattuso isn't to blame cos he was doing something basic, aggressive and natural to him, is silly cos he takes responsibility for his actions. Simple.
:rolleyes:

EDIT: Anyways that was straight after the game, and I was very angry at Gattuso. I've calmed down since, and hope he recovers from his injury quickly, cos we could really do with him holding up our midfield..

Last edited:

saby

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

galliani distraught over having to sell kaka? that would make sense considering all those things he said about never ever selling him. maybe galliani is pissed off at berlu and his senility and thats why he has been quiet recently. or he's just afraid to say anything now that we've made a hash of the transfer market. i don't know, but berlu really needs to start thinking about selling, this is getting ridiculous.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
galliani distraught over having to sell kaka? that would make sense considering all those things he said about never ever selling him. maybe galliani is pissed off at berlu and his senility and thats why he has been quiet recently. or he's just afraid to say anything now that we've made a hash of the transfer market. i don't know, but berlu really needs to start thinking about selling, this is getting ridiculous.

yeah, i like berlu and all, but i think it's either time for him to take a backseat and let galliani do all the work at the club or just sell the club.

to be honest, i think galliani is a very clever guy and with the right amount of money can work wonders for the club, while berlu doesn't know too much about modern football, galliani is up to date.

also i think that if leo tells G that he wants a player, G will do all he can to sign that player, but berlu stands in his way, telling him to sign beckenbauer or gaetano scirea

RockChicago

Primavera
Reaction score
Spalletti is on the market...I'm just saying

I'm thinking it's very possible Leo can already 'lose' the team, which would be very bad (we'll see when they play weak talent). This whole sub fiasco is kind of a big deal, especially on the stage it came on and everyone acting all defensive. Then in the offseason, a slub like Pirlo admitted "at first we were all skeptical of him but now we respect him", yeah right, if that's true then they all think this a joke

RockChicago

Primavera
Reaction score
yeah, i like berlu and all, but i think it's either time for him to take a backseat and let galliani do all the work at the club or just sell the club.

to be honest, i think galliani is a very clever guy and with the right amount of money can work wonders for the club, while berlu doesn't know too much about modern football, galliani is up to date.

also i think that if leo tells G that he wants a player, G will do all he can to sign that player, but berlu stands in his way, telling him to sign beckenbauer or gaetano scirea

Completely agree. It's clear that Berlusconi is the one who's had a man crush on Ronaldinho for years and it still shows. He saw the Barca vs Milan performance and wants that, and it's not happening

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
You're probably right, when you talk about how the older generation of footballers were a lot more professional and respectful. I guess this trend of footballers becoming mega stars starts with Maradona ... also in terms of huge money being poured into the game. Though I could be wrong.

Anyway, whatever the case, Leo has to assert his authority on the squad. Problem is, with Milan's system, he cannot do it by being an authoritarian. Coaches are somehow given as much importance as players ... as the boss is Berlu. Sacchi was dumped for MVB ... its always been like that.

I think the way he has to go about this is first get the leaders (Gattuso and Ambro) on his side. He's got to make the squad believe in him and his ideas. Maybe a phone call to Carlo will do the trick ;)

I don't think we should right him off. Its only been one official loss for him, that too against a much better squad. Remember this is a huge opportunity for him, as Milan is still one of football's elite. The team is not great, but we have a bunch of talented players, and if he manages to get the best out of them, I believe a top 4 finish is well within grasp. I hope he stays and he achieves this to begin with, and that the management believes in him as well + listens to him and gets the players he needs to implement his ideas.

While I have said my bit of Dida keeping Milan hostage, is what Berlu is doing any different? Surely he does know that this current team is well below Milan standards ... yet he is very content with it.

I remember someone saying that he's just putting Galliani through a tough time after all those silly contract extensions and pay rises. But still, he could have done so more easily by simply replacing Galliani with someone more competent. No ... the club's where it is right now because of Berlu.

Last edited:

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bring spalletti!

Not just because he is obviously way better than leonardo but cuz leo belongs in scouting. Hes the very best @ that role and loosing him is a big blow for our transfer qualities

Thing is spalletti quit for the same exact problem thats plaguing milan so i dont know if hed be willing to accept the job. Spalletti is also very vocal on what a team needs yet leo looks like hey may actually listen to the pedophiles formation tips and turn into galiani

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm not very sure but I've been reading in several places that Spalletti can't manage any other team in Serie A for the rest of the season.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm not very sure but I've been reading in several places that Spalletti can't manage any other team in Serie A for the rest of the season.

why, because of a clause in his contract???:conf:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I don't think its fair to show Leo the door. He's done very little wrong, if any. Put it this way ... should we bring in Spalletti, would we beat Inter? I don't think so.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
why, because of a clause in his contract???:conf:
I think it's a rule in general. But I'm not sure, just that I have read it in 2 different places.

I don't think its fair to show Leo the door. He's done very little wrong, if any. Put it this way ... should we bring in Spalletti, would we beat Inter? I don't think so.
The problem remains to be the players available, and Spalletti won't do it either. He has been pleading to get a striker for Roma for who knows how long, what makes you believe Berlusconi will listen to his demands?

I also don't think Leo should be shown the door (I wouldn't mind him showing it to B. and G., but that's another issue) just yet.