The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We only lack a Rangnick interview in BILD now :lol:

Associazione Circus Milan

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want some stability in this team. We can't keep overhauling the management every single year and start from scratch

The simple way I see it: to see success sooner rather than later, M&B and their experience+youth philosophy is the way to go

Sure, I want that too.

But if you remember Gazidis’s interview from the beginning of the season, he said there was no room for error. He was pretty emphatic about that from what I recall. To ownership (and to many fans tbf) Giampaolo’s appointment is THE catastrophic failure that overshadows everything. Post-Genoa game, as Giampaolo fumbled his way through the interview, I had a bad feeling that the repercussions would go well beyond his sacking. We look at Theo and Bennacer; ownership at that early error and the league position. Also, the meltdown in Bergamo...possibly.

If Rangnick comes (likely it seems), then I’m curious to see what kind of expectations ownership will have in year 1, 2 etc. What kind of latitude he’s given.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Rangnick With total Control could be 2 steps Forward.

Im Not really Sure it will Happen though

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Sure, I want that too.

But if you remember Gazidis’s interview from the beginning of the season, he said there was no room for error. He was pretty emphatic about that from what I recall. To ownership (and to many fans tbf) Giampaolo’s appointment is THE catastrophic failure that overshadows everything. Post-Genoa game, as Giampaolo fumbled his way through the interview, I had a bad feeling that the repercussions would go well beyond his sacking. We look at Theo and Bennacer; ownership at that early error and the league position. Also, the meltdown in Bergamo...possibly.

If Rangnick comes (likely it seems), then I’m curious to see what kind of expectations ownership will have in year 1, 2 etc. What kind of latitude he’s given.

Even I am already looking at a prospective Rangnick hire with guarded interest and fascination. It will be something new in Italy. I wish I didn't have to see Maldini and Boban leave to see it happen tho.

But your curiosity as to what kind of horizon Rangnick will be working towards is interesting and the crux of this entire matter. You can't run a football club like Elliott is doing it currently. If Gazidis is reign supreme then he will run into issue with anyone who's trying to run it from a sporting perspective, even Rangnick. I don't understand this ownership at all, and that lack of clarity is hurting the club greatly. I don't understand how Donnarumma and Romagnoli(our two most valuable players by far) will want to stay with this shitshow. Maldini and Boban lent this weird project a lot of credibility last summer, if they are to be fired over the sporting results after one season, your question about what Rangnick has to work with is interesting. I have very low expectations for a prospective first season under someone like him, and I think he'll need time. Just like Maldini, Boban and Pioli/Allegri need it now. Time he apparently won't have.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sure, I want that too.

With Elliott, the expectation will always be making CL and augmenting the actual value of the group of players... with a moneyball approach. That's a really tough ask for anyone, even for someone with Rangnick's credentials. Moving a well-funded club up the Bundesliga is, on paper, a far simpler task than breaking into the current Serie A top 4. But again, the reduced wage bill will be a hedge against that situation.

What we can assume safely is that there will be a number of new players brought in over the summer, probably all in their early 20s. Ibra won't get an extension, there might be a Donnarumma sale (the only player in our squad who probably is at his max potential value from a market perspective).

One way of looking at this is that it's probably better to have people operating with the same mandate and mindset, running the sporting and the organizational parts. At least we'll know exactly what to expect from the Rangnick-Gazidis duo.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
When former president of Peru Alberto Fujimori was attempting to flee the country due to human rights abuses and corruption, Singer confiscated his jet and offered to let him leave the country in exchange for the $58 million payment from the treasury. Fujimori accepted.

Our owner :proud:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
One way of looking at this is that it's probably better to have people operating with the same mandate and mindset, running the sporting and the organizational parts. At least we'll know exactly what to expect from the Rangnick-Gazidis duo.

Agree with this part. May not be something we like but we know what to expect. From the interview it's clear multiple parts of the club (M+B vs Gazidis/Elliot) are looking in different directions as to how to move forward and there's conflict to have to come out and publicly say this. A real shame but it's modern Milan after all. Have no real expectations coming into this decade until a sale.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
At least we'll know exactly what to expect from the Rangnick-Gazidis duo.

Yes, the failure of Moneyball to yield immediate results and then Rangnick getting fired/quitting because the pressure is too high/Gazidis going behind his back to someone at another club that has achieved good results with young players on a comparatively small budget.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Necro's sad pessimism over the Elliott ownership is looking like a truism if there ever was one.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Ralf Rangnick is a smart move. come on Gazidis !

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Necros unblemished record of being wrong about everything makes these change of events an excellent prospect.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Gazidis has more than once publicly endorsed the mixture of youth and experience policy. He's going to look like a total idiot if there is a reversion to youth only over the summer and it doesn't result in an improvement.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazidis has more than once publicly endorsed the mixture of youth and experience policy. He's going to look like a total idiot if there is a reversion to youth only over the summer and it doesn't result in an improvement.

I think, people here have a different notion of experience policy than Elliot. I'm reading here about Modric, Cavani, Silva. Elliot will not invest into old players.
Ibra is on a very short contract. Kjaer and Begovic are very cheap. These types of deals are possible, but they won't pay 30+ yo player over 5+ mil on a long contract.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He doesn't look like a total idiot now?

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
All the games that were to be played in empty stadiums have been postponed to May 13th, including ours.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He does, especially because of minding his own business behind Bobans and Maldinis backs after he openly said "there's always confrontation for the best of Milan" in a way that implies that the management is speaking vividly to each others, but at least openly — which now seems to be a straight out lie.

I feel betrayed. Sometimes you think you've seen it all with Milan, but it seems that the annual implosion around february/march will take place once more.

Don't know what to say or what to expect for our future. Gazidis just one year ago promoted Maldini only to talk behind his back to Rangnik about replacing him a couple of months later it seems. I didn't want to believe such insanity but Bobans words are out there so... Yeah. After the circus that Berlusconi and Galliani and as well Fassone and Mirabelli were it seems like the show continues at the expense of the fans and those who truly love the club.

I'm gutted and disgusted about this shitshow. The sooner the season ends, the better.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I was looking forward to actually watching a Milan match and now it's postponed until effectively the end of the season.

At least it may mean a title decider for the Derby d'Italia

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All the games that were to be played in empty stadiums have been postponed to May 13th, including ours.
From a sporting point of view maybe not even the worst thing to happen with all this Gazidis vs M&B turmoil surrounding us right now.

Sure thing is this virus won't just go away within 1 week. Even next week everything is possible. Another postponement too.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't feel like watching a game now anyway.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

I did think of putting "even more of" in my post. He's certainly getting there.

He's one of the best paid football CEOs in the world.

Gordon Singer is the one that looks like a total idiot.

It's possible to look like a total idiot even if you're getting paid more than you deserve. Just ask Marco Giampaolo. :lol:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
They "believed in this project!".. lol, sadly football players, legends included, are in the most naive category..

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
From a sporting point of view maybe not even the worst thing to happen with all this Gazidis vs M&B turmoil surrounding us right now.

And our current injury situation, no bad thing from a sporting perspective at all.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Breaking: The five games which were supposed to be taken place behind closed doors in Serie A this week, including Milan-Genoa, have been postponed.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Look... If it comes to it Ragnick has my support, because I care about Milan first, but you need to see the clubs he worked before.

He started long term projects with a lot of freedom and low expectations fanbase.

This is Milan, at the first sign of failure, they will cut his head just like Bobini to escape blame.

I saw progress with Bobini in charge for a long time, if you bypass the ranking you can't say to me we are not healthier as a club.

They did well considering the limitations set by Elliot.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He does, especially because of minding his own business behind Bobans and Maldinis backs after he openly said "there's always confrontation for the best of Milan" in a way that implies that the management is speaking vividly to each others, but at least openly — which now seems to be a straight out lie.

I feel betrayed. Sometimes you think you've seen it all with Milan, but it seems that the annual implosion around february/march will take place once more.

Don't know what to say or what to expect for our future. Gazidis just one year ago promoted Maldini only to talk behind his back to Rangnik about replacing him a couple of months later it seems. I didn't want to believe such insanity but Bobans words are out there so... Yeah. After the circus that Berlusconi and Galliani and as well Fassone and Mirabelli were it seems like the show continues at the expense of the fans and those who truly love the club.

I'm gutted and disgusted about this shitshow. The sooner the season ends, the better.
Agreed.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Breaking: The five games which were supposed to be taken place behind closed doors in Serie A this week, including Milan-Genoa, have been postponed.

Probably so will the Coppa game against Juve.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Ralf Rangnick is a smart move. come on Gazidis !

:thumbsup:

#TeamGazidis

Boban and Maldini have hired 2 coaches and spent 100m on players of their choosing but the seasonal objective of CL was already over at Xmas. Meanwhile, Atalanta are comfortably occupying our position in the table whereas Lazio are challenging for the fucking title.

Time to get these amateurs out of the boardroom (just like our never-ending list of ex-legend coaches) and hire some serious professionals for a change.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

#CampionatoFalsato

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think, people here have a different notion of experience policy than Elliot. I'm reading here about Modric, Cavani, Silva. Elliot will not invest into old players.
Ibra is on a very short contract. Kjaer and Begovic are very cheap. These types of deals are possible, but they won't pay 30+ yo player over 5+ mil on a long contract.

No big club is going to give a five year contract to Modric or Thiago Silva. When people here on the forum want Thiago Silva they mean on a 1-2 year contract on salary that much lower than his current PSG one.

Personally I think it would be nicer to get someone like Donny Van De Beek rather than Modric. But would Elliott be willing to pay the 50-60 mil for that kind of transfer?

To take jump in quality Milan need some world class players. If those are young players like Van de Beek, Tonali, it's going to cost big. 10-15 mil young players wont do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule