Filippo Inzaghi Thread

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Can only think of one good performance all season, the match against Napoli, but the return was back to the norm.

Milan played terrible all season long, underachieved to the max.

The only way i would've liked him to stay is if the performances improved, but nothing improved.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
He wants another chance because he declares the team has an identity...now?

Eat shit, Inzaghi. You had 38 games to prove what you can do, and it has not been good enough. You were given a decent squad, excellent training facilities and plenty of resources to produce a competitive team, yet could still only manage a 13-13-12 record.

The only thing that our management has produced is to show how out of your depth you were from the beginning. Had it not been for Menez's goals (despite his selfish gameplay) and Diego Lopez's stunning performances, we'd surely be chasing relegation.

Thanks for nothing.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
He wants another chance because he declares the team has an identity...now?

Eat shit, Inzaghi. You had 38 games to prove what you can do, and it has not been good enough. You were given a decent squad, excellent training facilities and plenty of resources to produce a competitive team, yet could still only manage a 13-13-12 record.

The only thing that our management has produced is to show how out of your depth you were from the beginning. Had it not been for Menez's goals (despite his selfish gameplay) and Diego Lopez's stunning performances, we'd surely be chasing relegation.

Thanks for nothing.

:thumbsup:
:star::star::star::star::star:

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
for most part I don't see the issue with what inzaghi said after the game. it's true that he does have a contract and it's pretty clear he still wants to coach Milan. If he didn't up and leave after our poor period of 2015 do we expect him to say after the game "ok guys thanks for the memories and see ya".

the issue I have with him is this identity shit. Even the bulk of our wins were from sheer fortune and no real playing style. in fact it took moments of brilliance to win a lot of those games and it was the constant shit that lost us vital points.

as a coach he has the responsibility to find an immediate answer and not just say after a few wins that it has arrived when it hasn't.

is this the fault of inzaghi though ...or the guys that placed him in charge. He was out of his depth for an entire season both tactically and in terms of his man management. the reality is if he had a good season we'd all be shocked but the team sits in the position that we all feared it would. did we have some quality and enough for it to be higher on the table ...yes....but a team of champions doesn't make a champion team ( and this is not saying we are a team of champions).

the thing to be considered is Montolivo, Bonera, Muntari and how many others captained the team in games this season. now I get the injuries were a factor but if we look at the above three none of them possess the characteristics to be a captain.

for a team to be successful you need to have characters that inspire the and create a feeling of confidence in the group. we literally have none of these.

is that inzaghi's fault...partially but it's also a product of bad thinking from the club as a whole.

if berlu stays or whether investors come is something we'll have to wait on. but I can say Carlo or Jesus Christ doesn't make that current list a top 2 team in serie A.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Can we at least fire the coach this time? Or do we keep him under contract like Seedorf?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I know, stupid thing to ask of me :fp:

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Goodbye I hope.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Pippo asking for a second chance is just pathetic

He's not a coach, on the sideline he acts like a fan and his facial expressions are ridiculous

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
When will his contract be terminated?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I remember when Necro said he wanted Pippo to be like Stramaccioni...no one in this forum has gotten a football wish in a more accurate way.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
I remember when Necro said he wanted Pippo to be like Stramaccioni...no one in this forum has gotten a football wish in a more accurate way.

:lol:

Night Prowler

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
CGmFpbCWcAApYr-.jpg

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
If Pippo is smart, he'll start from Serie B even if he gets a Serie A offer (I doubt). It's a lot more within reach and he'll be learning things more gradually. Maybe in 4-5 years, he'll come back if he proves himself, right now though everybody knows this is out of his league.
On the other hand, I hope that he breaks his contract instead of riding us for one more year of salary.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
You know what's more pathetic than Pippo asking for a second chance?

Giving him that second chance.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Does Pippo actually want to coach any otherside? Is there somewhere else we can move him too, be it FT forward ( only )coach or something?

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
His ride out is brutal

From begging Carlo to sign before the season was even over, to signing option no.2 a mere day after Carlo rejected.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the team has like only 4 players with 2000+ minutes and no it's not due to rotation.

Any coach put into the same circumstances will fail for sure.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
watch pippo go to juve and win 4 titles in a row and make a cl final

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
His ride out is brutal

From begging Carlo to sign before the season was even over, to signing option no.2 a mere day after Carlo rejected.

Carlo was in on the election thing. He was never an option... Come on

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
he can stayyyy

waitttt

fuck too late, miha alraedy here :fp:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
His ride out is brutal

TBF, he rolled with it a year ago, when Seedorf was still coach (till like July 2014!), and was still thinking he would stay, Pippo was already in Arcore summits, and vacationing in Ibiza begging Menez to come and was begged to be coach by B+G since like April

Pippo's getting a taste of some humble pie. He also acted extremely poor with Allegri.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
TBF, he rolled with it a year ago, when Seedorf was still coach (till like July 2014!), and was still thinking he would stay, Pippo was already in Arcore summits, and vacationing in Ibiza begging Menez to come and was begged to be coach by B+G since like April

Pippo's getting a taste of some humble pie. He also acted extremely poor with Allegri.

April? my impression is since the week after Seedorf was appointed.

Galliani never wanted Seedorf opinionated ass there, too much character... he had just lost half of his powers to Barbara who took a stand against the stupid decisions he was making... last thing he wanted was another guy who was not a "beni oui oui".

the month Seedorf was chosen by Silvio, Pippo (then primavera coach) had offer from Sassuolo (irrc) and was interested. had a meeting with Galliani before making his decision.

besides the promise of "stay put, the bench is yours in the summer, no doubt!", i don't know what else could have convinced him to not accept Sassuolo. Sassuolo, which could have been a very good starting point for him, considering how he did here. had he failed there, and gotten relegated it would not have been such a big deal, newly promoted, it's pretty much expected.

i don't see Miha meshing with Galliani either, when he'll start benching Galliani's godsons for lack of productivity, lack of sharpness, lazyness or for simply not being good enough.