Dominic Adiyiah Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
can he really play wide? I know he is FAST but thought he was CF.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
can he really play wide? I know he is FAST but thought he was CF.

I saw him several times carry the ball from the middle into the box.. but cant remember see him on the wings.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I DONT CARE WHERE HE PLAYS HAHAHA WE ACTUALLY BROUGHT A YOUNG PROMISING PLAYER

YAY.

ummmm i dont see why not. they say he is fast and strong. milan have brought him as an alternative to pato and ronnie. it seems as if we are keeping him in the end.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I DONT CARE WHERE HE PLAYS HAHAHA WE ACTUALLY BROUGHT A YOUNG PROMISING PLAYER

YAY.

ummmm i dont see why not. they say he is fast and strong. milan have brought him as an alternative to pato and ronnie. it seems as if we are keeping him in the end.

We got him for under 2 million Euros :D. I don't know if he is a good player or if he can contribute immediately. He has 17 goals in 16 appearances for under 20 NT. And he was U20 WC top scorer and best player. But for some norwegian club, he has scored 0 times this season. So I dn't know what to expect from him. If he turns into a Etoo type of striker, it will be the best deal in our history. 1.6 million in this inflated market and we get an exciting WC player. But the club form and why no other team out bid us for 1.6 million is a big warning sign and sorry for me.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
siena, chelsea, ruban kazan, cska moscow were after him so he must be good.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
sweet! i wanted to say he's new drogba but then i realized he's 1.72 m :D

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Just watched some vids of this guy. I can't wait to see this made official. EDIT: Nvm. Just read in an interview with G on the OFFICIAL site that the deal is done! Great move from gold ties.

found some pics too...
adiyiah.jpg

dominic-adiyiah-ghana-514.jpg

917456556.jpg

dominic_adiyiah_ghana_ap.jpg

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
sweeeeeeeeeeet awesome

love you galliani a young fast player, to keep dinho on toes ;)

so klaaaaaaaaaaaaaas is going out :cry: sad but if milan is playing awesome i wont mind that ;)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
i hope i am wrong, i hope he just explodes against real merda if only leo will play him :cry:

Me too man, but there's no way Leo will start Hunt over Borri or Pippo against Madrid. Seriously I just want ONE GOAL for Hunt and then we can see where it goes. Hopefully Leo will sub him on against Madrid.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Me too man, but there's no way Leo will start Hunt over Borri or Pippo against Madrid. Seriously I just want ONE GOAL for Hunt and then we can see where it goes. Hopefully Leo will sub him on against Madrid.

me tooo but borri is more needed by the team, one goal just one and i hope he explodes

come on klaaaaaaaaas fuck it milan are playing good we are back in cl even pirlo and seedorf are running so why cant klaas score :D

he will and i believe ;)

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just watched some vids of this guy. I can't wait to see this made official. EDIT: Nvm. Just read in an interview with G on the OFFICIAL site that the deal is done! Great move from gold ties.

found some pics too...
adiyiah.jpg

dominic-adiyiah-ghana-514.jpg

917456556.jpg

dominic_adiyiah_ghana_ap.jpg

Link please?

Couple of things:
-I'm not crazy about this taking up our only non-EU spot in January, because I was really hoping for someone like Krasic. Does anyone know if we can actually just loan him out to another club and still buy another non-EU? It doesn't even sound like that will happen after reading Galliani's thoughts on the subject.

-I trust Leonardo more than just about anyone as far as prospects are concerned. He was right on with Kaka, Pato, and Silva... He was right on in wanting Cissokho and Dzeko... His approval of this transfer is about all I need to know that this kid has a lot of potential.

-Does anyone know what position this guy is capable of playing? I'm really hoping he can someone that can give Pato an occasional rest, but it doesn't seem like anyone really knows what type of player he is.

Regardless, good to see a presumably talented 20 year old join Milan. Still, we need more than just him and Beckham.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Link please?

Couple of things:
-I'm not crazy about this taking up our only non-EU spot in January, because I was really hoping for someone like Krasic. Does anyone know if we can actually just loan him out to another club and still buy another non-EU? It doesn't even sound like that will happen after reading Galliani's thoughts on the subject.

-I trust Leonardo more than just about anyone as far as prospects are concerned. He was right on with Kaka, Pato, and Silva... He was right on in wanting Cissokho and Dzeko... His approval of this transfer is about all I need to know that this kid has a lot of potential.

-Does anyone know what position this guy is capable of playing? I'm really hoping he can someone that can give Pato an occasional rest, but it doesn't seem like anyone really knows what type of player he is.

Regardless, good to see a presumably talented 20 year old join Milan. Still, we need more than just him and Beckham.

I just searched his name on youtube and watched all the vids.

I'm with you about the non-EU spot. I'm already liking this guy, but I'd much rather loan him out until the end of the year and buy Krasic or somebody for the rest of this year. At least Adiyiah isn't Cup-tied though. Hell, maybe our lack of non-EU spots will force us to actually buy some Italian talent. That would be a nice change from our recent player rumors. :D

G says he will be here to play in Pato's or Ronnie's place when needed.

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
DAH = dominic adiyiah

forza DAH
forza milan!!!!!

soon we will have the best attack

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Adiyah coming in, I am more keen on the Hunter-Mutu deal also as atleast in the attack department we won't have an issue of too many has been and old players taking up useless spots. Mutu is 30, but unlike Hunter he can play as CF or Left winger in 4-3-3. He still got a good 3 years left in him . If Hunter-Mutu happens,

We will have 6 strikers - Borri, Pippo, Pato, Dinho, Mutu and Adiyah with the last 4 names capable of playing wide in the 4-3-3 giving an excellent rotation and making sure Dinho and Pato and Borri , our 3 starters won't get worn out in any circumstances.

End of the year Pippo can be removed for Palochi to make it more younger and quicker. By the time Mutu and Borri are done in 3-4 years, we will have Verdi and Zigoni etc waiting to take place thus making sure we are not hindering their growth and they break into the first team at the right time. Without spending much, we can have a great future in atleast our attack trident and I am not dreaming.:)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if hunt goes dzeko should come not some drug addict

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if hunt goes dzeko should come not some drug addict

Dzeko is my first choice too, but doubt if we will spend 25-30 million on him anytime soon. In Mutu case atleast it's Hunter + 5 million which is more like a Galliani type of dealing these days. And wat I was saying is with the players we have, from January, Mutu in our team is better than Hunter in our team as he can give Dinho some rest too along with playing CF position which Hunter can't do.

fiume_1987

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Boban, Desailly, Redondo, Rivaldo, Rui Costa, Maldini, Pato, T. Silva
I thought at first we grabbed another Balotelli, but this guy stands only 1,72 cm. If he can play on the wing, it could prove to be useful, because as a striker he won't make it. Loan until the end of the season in Serie A or Serie B team would reveal how much is he really worth.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I thought at first we grabbed another Balotelli, but this guy stands only 1,72 cm. If he can play on the wing, it could prove to be useful, because as a striker he won't make it. Loan until the end of the season in Serie A or Serie B team would reveal how much is he really worth.

We are not loaning him out. He will be backup for Dinho and Pato. Which we needed.

I don't know this kid. So: no comment.

(Krasic:cry:)

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Official: Milan deal for Ghana hero
Sunday 1 November, 2009

Milan have officially confirmed a deal for Ghana Under-20 World Cup winning sensation Dominic Adiyiah.

“We have signed the young Ghanaian Dominic Adiyiah,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani told Milan Channel.

“There is a deal with the Norwegian club Fredrikstad FK. Now he needs to get the work permit to enter Italy and we will deposit the contract on January 1.

“Naturally he has to pass his medical first and then he will be our player. We bought him because he is a wide striker who can play in place of Alexandre Pato or Ronaldinho.

“Our system has changed now and we needed a wide forward who could train with those we already have at our disposal, so we made a move.”

It is a sensational swoop for the Rossoneri, as Adiyiah dominated the recent Under-20 World Cup, ending up with the Golden Shoe as top scorer with eight goals, the Golden Ball for player of the tournament and of course the winners’ medal.

Ghana defeated Brazil in the Final last month on penalties.

Milan are also expected to announce the return of David Beckham on loan from LA Galaxy during the January transfer window.

CH4
-------------------------------

Seems like he is going to stay. Lets hope he passes the medical and then Makes a stunning debut to serie a. :)

Sidd

&#2360;&#2367;&#2342;&#2381;&#2343;&#2352;&#2381;&
Reaction score
Not too excited about this, itll be wicked if the guy proves me wrong with his performance. Hopefully it was Leo's suggestion and I'm sure when it boils down to him, knows exactly what he's doing/who we need. But this sounds more like a typical 'cheap B&G' alternative.
We needed Krasic more than this guy. Not keen on the Hunt-Muttu swap either, the guy's got sever knee problems.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Not too excited about this, itll be wicked if the guy proves me wrong with his performance. Hopefully it was Leo's suggestion and I'm sure when it boils down to him, knows exactly what he's doing/who we need. But this sounds more like a typical 'cheap B&G' alternative.
We needed Krasic more than this guy. Not keen on the Hunt-Muttu swap either, the guy's got sever knee problems.

I don't think Galliani ever thought of Adiyiah as a cheap alternative to Krasic i would assume that Galliani is working on a very tight budget and he is trying to create the best possible team with limited resources so if a player that comes along who looks promising and is very cheap than he is a transfer target. What is important about Adiyiah is solves some of the problems up front with his speed and technical ability and the fact cost so little with allow Galliani a larger budget to buy a decent full back. For me it just shows that Berlusconi is still being bone headed about the situation I hoped he would realise the severity of the situation and invest in some players to turn around Milan woes.

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Aww I seen him on local TV, Adiyiah Welcome to ACMILAN and lykke til i Italia!

Forza Milan

Sidd

&#2360;&#2367;&#2342;&#2381;&#2343;&#2352;&#2381;&
Reaction score
I don't think Galliani ever thought of Adiyiah as a cheap alternative to Krasic i would assume that Galliani is working on a very tight budget and he is trying to create the best possible team with limited resources so if a player that comes along who looks promising and is very cheap than he is a transfer target. What is important about Adiyiah is solves some of the problems up front with his speed and technical ability and the fact cost so little with allow Galliani a larger budget to buy a decent full back. For me it just shows that Berlusconi is still being bone headed about the situation I hoped he would realise the severity of the situation and invest in some players to turn around Milan woes.
I'm not sure about his technical ability. But if Adiyiah would take up a 2nd striker role (Ronnie's) then I dont mind this deal. The major concern with regards to out attack right now is supply & speed. Just hope Adiyiah was purchased with those thoughts in mind.
I'm not blaming G, I know very well he's on a shoe string budget.
Berlusconi has done alot for this club. He's got different priorities now and I dont see him changing them anytime soon. Best solution would be to sell, but that too aint gona happen.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not sure about his technical ability. But if Adiyiah would take up a 2nd striker role (Ronnie's) then I dont mind this deal. The major concern with regards to out attack right now is supply & speed. Just hope Adiyiah was purchased with those thoughts in mind.
I'm not blaming G, I know very well he's on a shoe string budget.
Berlusconi has done alot for this club. He's got different priorities now and I dont see him changing them anytime soon. Best solution would be to sell, but that too aint gona happen.

Even if we hadn't used the spot to buy Adiyah i am sure we would have missed out on the likes of krasic suarez and hernanes it is obvious to me at least that there simply isn't the budget available to get this type of player. The only possibility we could have chased we be to use the spot to chase some relatively unknown non eu play maker. Looking at is available amongst some of the teenage players in the world i doubt we could have brought some one in who could have dominated that position. In terms of Adiyiah technical ability from what i saw in the under 20 competition he has the ability to beat defenders using skill.

As for Berlusconi he is insisting on cost cutting policy that is my major problem at this point, it is worth being being in debt otherwise we could miss out on the 40 million euros gained by competing in the champions league. I know he has some sever problems at the moment but he is has such massive resources at his disposal it seems ridiculous that he isn't able to invest 30 million euros in Milan. Berlusconi maybe the guardian angel of Milan but right now he needs a firm kick up the butt. :head:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Even if we hadn't used the spot to buy Adiyah i am sure we would have missed out on the likes of krasic suarez and hernanes it is obvious to me at least that there simply isn't the budget available to get this type of player. The only possibility we could have chased we be to use the spot to chase some relatively unknown non eu play maker. Looking at is available amongst some of the teenage players in the world i doubt we could have brought some one in who could have dominated that position. In terms of Adiyiah technical ability from what i saw in the under 20 competition he has the ability to beat defenders using skill.

As for Berlusconi he is insisting on cost cutting policy that is my major problem at this point, it is worth being being in debt otherwise we could miss out on the 40 million euros gained by competing in the champions league. I know he has some sever problems at the moment but he is has such massive resources at his disposal it seems ridiculous that he isn't able to invest 30 million euros in Milan. Berlusconi maybe the guardian angel of Milan but right now he needs a firm kick up the butt. :head:

Defenders who are kids.:rolleyes:

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Defenders who are kids.:rolleyes:

so what he beat some of the best young defenders in the world and since we have seen the likes of oddo zambrotta and co brushed aside by young attacking players in serie a he wouldn't be totally useless against a average serie a defence.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We are not loaning him out. He will be backup for Dinho and Pato. Which we needed.

Are you sure?

I don't know this kid. So: no comment.
agree. I'm not so hyped over this players like many others. First we don't know this kid at all except that he scored 7 goals in u20 (nice). Second he plays in the norwegian league, not a league with a lot of quality except for Rosenborg.

+ he didn't even play as a regular starter in fredrikstad, I read somewhere that he played/started 8 of 28 games this season. It is also worth to know that fredrikstad isn't even a good team, they were almost relegated this season, made it to playoff, it still isn't sure if they will be relegated. I dont know when the playoff is.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think adiyiah is a player that will give us any quality this season, maybe in the future. We need players like krasic and dzeko right now

Schedule