Antonio Cassano Thread

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
bill0621 said:
I think Cassano will either go to Juve or stay at Roma since Milan had already bought Gila. Do you think Cassano is willing to paly a sub role in Milan? Unless we really play 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3 formation. It`s logical choice for him to go to Juve and take Del Pireo's place. He has stated on various occsions that he wants to reunion with Capello.

Juventus: We Will Take Cassano!
8/12/2005 8:15:00 AM
Lapo Elkann revealed Luciano Moggi’s plans for the Roma forward.
After months of denials, the Old Lady is finally admitting the interest in Antonio Cassano. This revelation arrived through Lapo Elkann, responsible for the Fiat brand and nephew of the late Agnelli.

“Juventus will take him and we want him on a free transfer. We shall put him in line. To win everything we need Cassano."

These declarations will surely anger Moggi who had been rebuffing the claims of a Juve interest in Cassano. However Elkann has always been a fan of the former Bari player and sponsored his arrival to the Turin-based club on more than one occasion. This time he went a step forward by revealing Moggi’s plans of obtaining him on a free transfer next season when his contract with Roma expires.

source: www.goal.com
makes sense but i think if cassano doesnt sign a contract xtension roma'll force him to leave

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
Yeah love seeing him play real talent and he would be great in a couple years but don't think he's coming to Milan cause he is almost at Juve I think

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
bill0621 said:
I think Cassano will either go to Juve or stay at Roma since Milan had already bought Gila. Do you think Cassano is willing to paly a sub role in Milan? Unless we really play 3-5-2 or even 3-4-3 formation. It`s logical choice for him to go to Juve and take Del Pireo's place. He has stated on various occsions that he wants to reunion with Capello.

Juventus: We Will Take Cassano!
8/12/2005 8:15:00 AM
Lapo Elkann revealed Luciano Moggi’s plans for the Roma forward.
After months of denials, the Old Lady is finally admitting the interest in Antonio Cassano. This revelation arrived through Lapo Elkann, responsible for the Fiat brand and nephew of the late Agnelli.

“Juventus will take him and we want him on a free transfer. We shall put him in line. To win everything we need Cassano."

These declarations will surely anger Moggi who had been rebuffing the claims of a Juve interest in Cassano. However Elkann has always been a fan of the former Bari player and sponsored his arrival to the Turin-based club on more than one occasion. This time he went a step forward by revealing Moggi’s plans of obtaining him on a free transfer next season when his contract with Roma expires.

source: www.goal.com

I thought Moggi wasnt interested in Cassano hmm wait something similar comes to mind... Juve arent interested in Viera... Viera at Juve few days later
Well isnt Moggi a tosser :D

If he goes on a free then i think we could get him maybe Pippo might get pushed off but knowing us we might pick up another injury i dont think we are going to pay money for Cassano

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
ROME, Aug 13 (SW) – Contract rebel Antonio Cassano has been told by AS Roma to sign a new contract or face the prospect of a season on the sidelines.
The declarations were made by club director Rosella Sensi, who stated: “We will only consider him to be a Roma player if he renews his deal. Now we are waiting to know what his intentions are.
“We have made an important offer to Cassano, even when we were locked down by FIFA’s transfer embargo, which proves how much we care for Antonio.
“It is true our offer is different to the one we put on the table in February, but it remains competitive and in line with the kind of wages that, for example, Milan gave to Alberto Gilardino.
“It is in his own interests to sign the contract so that he can play in a relaxed state of mind. If he is wracked with uncertainty over his future, then he won’t perform well on the pitch and that will hurt Roma. We have faith he will make the right decision,” said Sensi.
Juventus have long been associated with a bid for the player, whilst Cassano has not hidden his desire to link up again with former Roma colleagues Emerson, Jonathan Zebina and coach Fabio Capello in Turin.
A slip of the tongue by Juventus patron Lapo Elkann this week revealed the Bianconeri’s strategy in acquiring the former Bari starlet.
“We want to take Cassano on a free transfer, then we’ll keep him in check. Juve can win everything, but to do that they need Cassano,” said Elkann.
Cassano’s contract has a further twelve-months to run, but it appears unlikely that the Azzurri striker will remain in Rome beyond this season.

:o

elchino59

Beginner
Reaction score
yeah true,there's is Capello at Juve..why did he leave Milan?lol

Cassano is the best young player in Italy (even in front of Gila i think,he is more technical)
so...if only we have him WAOUH!!!!!!!!!!!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
elchino59 said:
yeah true,there's is Capello at Juve..why did he leave Milan?lol

Cassano is the best young player in Italy (even in front of Gila i think,he is more technical)
so...if only we have him WAOUH!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassano isnt consistent mate Gilardino is better and has been more consistent over the past seasons.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
ics_rk said:
Yeah, in CM, I'll do that but in real world, who wants to do that, spend money just to prevent our rival buying the player
But isn't that what Chelski are doing? :tongue:

Course they're not gonna risk that winning 'team spirit' for some rowdy Italian hot-head. He'd actually fit far better with Juve's recent signings (Mutu, Vieira, etc) :D

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I think going to Juventus is less important to Cassano than being reuinted with Capello. Looks like he's in need of a father figure, understandable considering his background. He's a skilled player but I doubt he'd find it easy to fit in with Milan's structure.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Anguisette said:
I think going to Juventus is less important to Cassano than being reuinted with Capello. Looks like he's in need of a father figure, understandable considering his background. He's a skilled player but I doubt he'd find it easy to fit in with Milan's structure.
we can try, it's a great player

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
teis said:
we can try, it's a great player

Anything is possible. I guess Billy and Paolo could provide a big brother/daddy substitute.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
From channel4.com-
However, the Italian media will now be correctly linking Milan with a bid for Roma enigma Cassano.

When asked whether the starlet could be a transfer target for the Rossoneri, Berlusconi failed to rule out his arrival.

"I don’t know whether he will stay at Roma," he said of the Juventus target. "When people ask me whether I would buy him, I respond with why not?"

The 23-year-old’s future in the capital is in doubt given that his contract expires in June 2006 – when he will be available on a free transfer.

----yeah silvio, why not? :D

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
From channel4.com-
However, the Italian media will now be correctly linking Milan with a bid for Roma enigma Cassano.

When asked whether the starlet could be a transfer target for the Rossoneri, Berlusconi failed to rule out his arrival.

"I don’t know whether he will stay at Roma," he said of the Juventus target. "When people ask me whether I would buy him, I respond with why not?"

The 23-year-old’s future in the capital is in doubt given that his contract expires in June 2006 – when he will be available on a free transfer.

ya lol taht article was showed all nite on sky tg "Berlusconi:Cassano al Milan?Perche No?"

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Congo Powers said:
From channel4.com-

That would be AWESOME!!!!

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Congo Powers said:
From channel4.com-

This isn't going to happen, it was only a month ago that B said exactly the same thing about Francesco Totti, and that didn't happen either.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve 'hand' Cassano to Milan
Juventus have opened the door for title rivals Milan to make a bid for Roma enigma Antonio Cassano.
The player, whose present contract expires in 2006, has been hotly linked with a switch to Turin all summer.
But the Old Lady have again stated that he is not a transfer target, insisting he would be more useful at Milan.
"We think that Cassano is a good player but there is no room for him here," director general Luciano Moggi told Sky Sport Italia.
"However, I do think that the player could join Milan where he would certainly be given more of a chance to be used properly."
Despite Moggi’s latest statement, there are whispers which suggest that the attacker could still arrive at the Delle Alpi.
Juventus’ surprise capture of left-back Federico Balzaretti on Wednesday may see Giorgio Chiellini sacrificed.
The latter has been strongly linked with a move to Roma, along with Fabrizio Miccoli, in a possible player plus cash deal for Cassano.
Another man who signed for the Turin giants yesterday was goalkeeper Christian Abbiati from Milan.
"We are very happy to have him here, he is one of the best goalkeepers in circulation," added Moggi.
"It was tough to find such a strong goalkeeper at this moment in time and we must thank (Milan owner) Silvio Berlusconi who said on Sunday that he would look to give us a hand.
"The injury sustained by Gigi Buffon was a big blow for us, Berlusconi wanted to do something and he kept his word.
"Abbiati will train with us from Thursday and he says he is already prepared to play on Saturday (against Inter in the Italian Super Cup)."

[Source: ACMilan-Online.com]

Well, our objective was having 5 attackers but I think this Cassano thing is pure bollocks...

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
milanist said:
Juve 'hand' Cassano to Milan
Juventus have opened the door for title rivals Milan to make a bid for Roma enigma Antonio Cassano.
The player, whose present contract expires in 2006, has been hotly linked with a switch to Turin all summer.
But the Old Lady have again stated that he is not a transfer target, insisting he would be more useful at Milan.
"We think that Cassano is a good player but there is no room for him here," director general Luciano Moggi told Sky Sport Italia.
"However, I do think that the player could join Milan where he would certainly be given more of a chance to be used properly."
Despite Moggi’s latest statement, there are whispers which suggest that the attacker could still arrive at the Delle Alpi.
Juventus’ surprise capture of left-back Federico Balzaretti on Wednesday may see Giorgio Chiellini sacrificed.
The latter has been strongly linked with a move to Roma, along with Fabrizio Miccoli, in a possible player plus cash deal for Cassano.
Another man who signed for the Turin giants yesterday was goalkeeper Christian Abbiati from Milan.
"We are very happy to have him here, he is one of the best goalkeepers in circulation," added Moggi.
"It was tough to find such a strong goalkeeper at this moment in time and we must thank (Milan owner) Silvio Berlusconi who said on Sunday that he would look to give us a hand.
"The injury sustained by Gigi Buffon was a big blow for us, Berlusconi wanted to do something and he kept his word.
"Abbiati will train with us from Thursday and he says he is already prepared to play on Saturday (against Inter in the Italian Super Cup)."

[Source: ACMilan-Online.com]

Well, our objective was having 5 attackers but I think this Cassano thing is pure bollocks...
If Juve want to do us a favour they can give us Zambrotta ;)

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Moggi: Milan Can Have Cassano
source: goal.com

Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi says Roma striker Antonio Cassano would be better off joining Milan than the bianconeri.
The Italian international, despite the denials, has been linked with a move to Turin for much of the summer.

But Moggi believes he would be more useful to rivals Milan.

"We think that Cassano is a good player but there is no room for him here," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"But I do think that the player could join Milan where he would certainly be given more of a chance to be used properly."

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I would welcome Cassano. I don't think he would fit, But I think that Milan need more italian players. We are an italian club and if we could succeed with more italians on our squad...then why not. Get rid of Inzaghi and welcome Cassano.

I just realised what i said, getting rid of inzaghi and welcoming Cassano makes for the same amount of italians. Sorry, I'm slow. Let cassano coem anyways.

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
And to think we were getting on so well....... :tongue:
lol dont break teh team..agre to disagree.. anyways i would welcome cassano but i dont think g&b are gonna sign another striker

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
this is too frustrating for me...it's like meeting a chick in an airport and hitting it off..knowing full-well you're never going to see her again.

it won't happen, but...dear god, let it happen!!! :D :D :D

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congo Powers said:
this is too frustrating for me...it's like meeting a chick in an airport and hitting it off..knowing full-well you're never going to see her again.

it won't happen, but...dear god, let it happen!!! :D :D :D

Lol, I like the comparison.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
To let Inzaghi go, and iam sure if he does go, it will be to another club in Serie A, after all these months of training, treatment and preperation will be like suicide. It'll seem as if we'd prepared and nurtured him all these months to hand him over, brand new, to another club. Cassano is a fine talent, agreed. But i don't think we can accomodate him at Milan at the moment.

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
i think that we will no buy him now.Just we have enough strikers and just we spend a lot of money for gila

ps: glamodrama pls don't read this post,because it will be stupid for you;)

Last edited:

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am very exicited about getting Cassano.
Can anyone possibly imagine the future of Milan with Pirlo, Gila and Cassano.
Who said Milan is all about old man team for now.
We can start building Milan with this 3 youngster.
I see a bright future for us.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
takahan said:
I am very exicited about getting Cassano.
Can anyone possibly imagine the future of Milan with Pirlo, Gila and Cassano.
Who said Milan is all about old man team for now.
We can start building Milan with this 3 youngster.
I see a bright future for us.

i know. it would be an absolute dream come true. you're forgetting our future talisman, though..

12 million is the rumoured price. right now is the cheapest we'd be able to get him...there's no way roma will let him go for nothing.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Italian Tsar said:
To let Inzaghi go, and iam sure if he does go, it will be to another club in Serie A, after all these months of training, treatment and preperation will be like suicide. It'll seem as if we'd prepared and nurtured him all these months to hand him over, brand new, to another club. Cassano is a fine talent, agreed. But i don't think we can accomodate him at Milan at the moment.

We r the only team that we wanted him.
So don’t think any team will have him not even 4 free.

Schedule