Vincenzo Montella Thread

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
Naah. I can't see how he would change things and he's not even a first reserve of Totti. He can't be in a good form. Why the hell are we aiming at Roma's third striker, not even the reserve one?!

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
-Always liked him
-He isnt Totti' sub since they play in different positions
-Wont happen

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
im getting bored of us beeing linked whit every stricker on the planet.

The thing is the people who make up this roumors dont realise that our lame ass management is not gonna buy anybody.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Why is it bad if we discuss news like that even if its impossible 2 happen or from an unreliable source ?
I think we r discussing the idea not if its doable or not.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
srry i think i dident make my self clear.. i was sayng that im tired of rumors that dont get true and there alot this days not that im tired u know of people opening and discusing them.

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
Wild said:
-Always liked him
-He isnt Totti' sub since they play in different positions
-Wont happen

- I like him celebration after a goal
- Currently Totti is playing as a striker
- Yup, won't happen

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
pussycat_doll said:
im getting bored of us beeing linked whit every stricker on the planet.

The thing is the people who make up this roumors dont realise that our lame ass management is not gonna buy anybody.
i agree, we`ve been linked with more than 20 strikers during last month :mad:

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Maldini, Bazdarevic, Garincha, Zubanovic, Diego Ribas,Zinedine Zidane
milanissimo said:
i agree, we`ve been linked with more than 20 strikers during last month :mad:
during the last 2-3 days:D...but for me Montella is great, it would be great to sign him

dino-diavolo

passionate rounder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Maldini, Bazdarevic, Garincha, Zubanovic, Diego Ribas,Zinedine Zidane
kataknakal said:
just perfect for our team....another above 30'. if milan sign him... bravo galliani. bravo... :cry:
but hey it's just a lone, nothing more...besides he is better then our strickers...AEROPLANINNI ( however:D )is good

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Surely we're all aware of Galliani's infatuation with over-30 and injury-prone players. :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I've always loved Montella. Such a great guy and player to watch. Though again I think its bullshit. Roma have no strikers and have to use Totti as their striker so I can't think of a reason that they would let Montella go.
Also take into account that he is injury prone, so you might want to think this one out, and that Montella isn't a striker like Shevchenko. He has too many similar characteristics as our other strikers.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
montella is one of the worst injury prone players in the world... and hes 32... its stupid

... we should think about klose, or suazo

dav15

Beginner
Reaction score
and yeah to much useless rumours...
new rumour galliani: we will sign pele on january to resolve our scoring problem, who else than someone that scored more htan 1000 goals. say galliani on a interview on cartoonnetwork :D
he is perfect he is only around 70 we should sign him but we will give up on the bet for 100 bucks..

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
If Totti keeps up his performances and doesnt make Spalletti sub him in games, then I think Montella will be given the bench and that is where he might be offered to go to Milan on loan to get some action. I would like to see him in Milan. He is Italian, experienced and skilled. It would be a good test.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
dav15 said:
and yeah to much useless rumours...
new rumour galliani: we will sign pele on january to resolve our scoring problem, who else than someone that scored more htan 1000 goals. say galliani on a interview on cartoonnetwork :D
he is perfect he is only around 70 we should sign him but we will give up on the bet for 100 bucks..

hahaha..WOW we're getting pelè? that must be a dream come true..damn, pelè is every fans dream player right now, i must say he really was charming during WC even if he didn't play he won lots of gurls hearts with that song, he sung during a german WC program..ahh what a man! :o :o :o

LOL..i agree with the dude who said we should rather consentrate on young players, either we make bid for young players/strikers or we don't bid at all during january! damn!!! :D :D it's a good deal, no?

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Has everyone lost their mind?

Let's try using our heads a bit before even transfering garbage like this to the forum.

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
Wild said:
Why is it bad if we discuss news like that even if its impossible 2 happen or from an unreliable source ?
I think we r discussing the idea not if its doable or not.

Indeed, I`m tired of hearing things like "unreliable source" etc.

Montella ? I`d like to see him wearing red and black.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
heard that Romario is down in Australia tryin' to reach his 1,000th career goal... and has played 2 of the 4 guest appearances (without scorin')... maybe after his last game there he would be headin' to Milan's home for the aged & try to get to that 1,000 target...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
heard that Romario is down in Australia tryin' to reach his 1,000th career goal... and has played 2 of the 4 guest appearances (without scorin')... maybe after his last game there he would be headin' to Milan's home for the aged & try to get to that 1,000 target...
Isn't he trying to break Pele's record??
I thought he was in Miami not Australia

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yes he is tryin' to break Pele's record or at least reach the 1,000th goal first... and he is now in Australia... both times he played... his team has lost... not a good start...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
yes he is tryin' to break Pele's record or at least reach the 1,000th goal first... and he is now in Australia... both times he played... his team has lost... not a good start...
how old is he now?he's gotta be over 40..I doubt he'll break Pele's record..but he could reach 1000.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma boss Luciano Spalletti has opened the door for Vincenzo Montella’s move to Milan by refusing to rule it out.

“I can understand the difficult moment he is going through, but he must also understand that of the team. I’ve spoken to him about this, as I always talk to the club and the players when there is an issue,” said the Coach.

“Montella is a man who knows what he’s doing and has given a great deal to Roma. He’s important for this side and we all consider him very highly. When the transfer market opens, I cannot exclude any eventuality. We don’t know what could happen between now and January.”

The newspapers in Italy reported this week that Milan were angling for Montella’s loan to solve their striker crisis, as the hitman is disappointed at only making a handful of appearances this season.

“It’s a tough time for us and we must try to charge up our energy levels because a great deal of our future will be decided in this period. We’ve already shown we can challenge anyone and I am convinced we can push it a little bit more.”

The Giallorossi climbed into second place last weekend and will welcome Atalanta to the Stadio Olimpico this evening. (Channel4.com)

Think this means anything?

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yes... he is 40... Romario needs just another 23 goals to join Pele as the only players in history to score 1000 career goals... although his exact tally has been disputed in some quarters... the Brazilian media have long questioned Romario's total... sayin' it included goals from youth team matches & trainin' games...

earlier this year... Vasco da Gama declared some pre-season practice games as official friendlies to give Romario a better chance of pushin' his total towards 1,000 goals... but official figures on his professional goals put him at 507... a little more than half...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
yes... he is 40... Romario needs just another 23 goals to join Pele as the only players in history to score 1000 career goals... although his exact tally has been disputed in some quarters... the Brazilian media have long questioned Romario's total... sayin' it included goals from youth team matches & trainin' games...

earlier this year... Vasco da Gama declared some pre-season practice games as official friendlies to give Romario a better chance of pushin' his total towards 1,000 goals... but official figures on his professional goals put him at 507... a little more than half...
Which basically means, Romario's gonna have to live in perfect health till he's 80 if he wants to break it.