The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 15-07-2008, 14:33   #21
Erik77
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka,Pato,Maldini,De Rossi,Ba,

The 21-year-old Abate, who is regarded as one of Italy’s best young talents, came up through the Milan youth system, however he has never played a league game for the senior side, having spent the last five seasons on loan at Napoli, Sampdoria, Piacenza, Modena and Empoli.

Milan recently purchased full rights of Abate from previous co-owners Empoli, and the Rossoneri have now offered the lightning quick right winger a new four-year contract.

“It's a great feeling to know that the Rossoneri management counts on me for the future and that in the next few years I might return to the base as a protagonist,” Abate told Mediagol, before admitting that he will be spending next season away on loan once again.

“I only hope to repay the trust. Now I want to go and play another year in a club that will guarantee me some continuity which for a youngster is very important.”

Abate will be on show for Italy's Under-21 side at next month's Olympics in Beijing.
Erik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 19:36   #22
grounder
Incomplete & out of time

Fav. Players: Like you care?

Let's hope that he performs well in the Olympics

Signature
The worst signature ever
grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 00:55   #23
Axl
National Team Player

I was looking forward to seeing Abate in Milan, but he'll probably be loaned out for one year.

Nevertheless, from the games in which I've seen him I have a feeling he could develop/transform into a pretty good fullback. The guy's lightning, he's probably one of the fastest players in Serie A, if you're trying to beat him for pace then good luck. I think his skills could translate well into an attacking full-back role.

Signature
"Winning isn't everything but wanting to win is.."
Axl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 10:04   #24
anth183
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi

He has a very bright future but i dont know where he is going to play in the milan team. We don't play wingers so maybe like the guy above me said he could play/turn into a good fullback
anth183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 10:07   #25
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

I hope he is loaned out to Napoli or Palermo.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 17:15   #26
warmth
Rossonero a vita!!!

Fav. Players: S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy

Finally he gots loaned to Torino... now is official...

Signature

.: OFFICIAL FOUNDER OF INFERNO ROSSONERO :.
warmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:22   #27
Erik77
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka,Pato,Maldini,De Rossi,Ba,

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmth
Finally he gots loaned to Torino... now is official...
Goal.com says that he is there in a co-ownership deal
Erik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:25   #28
warmth
Rossonero a vita!!!

Fav. Players: S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik77
Goal.com says that he is there in a co-ownership deal
That's right...

Signature

.: OFFICIAL FOUNDER OF INFERNO ROSSONERO :.
warmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:44   #29
lia
yada yada

Fav. Players: Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo

Milan just handed him a 4 year contract, why not just loan him out?

Signature
lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:52   #30
ROSSONERO_PR
I-BRA-vissimo !

Fav. Players: MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lia
Milan just handed him a 4 year contract, why not just loan him out?
http://www.transfermarketweb.com/ind...ad&idsel=21379
ROSSONERO_PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2008, 18:56   #31
grounder
Incomplete & out of time

Fav. Players: Like you care?

Though I've only read that he's a hot prospect, and never really seen him play, it puzzles me why Milan would send him out on a co-ownership deal instead of a loan.

Of course when we get superstars like Brocchi from our youth system we use them like butter on bread. What a strange world...

Signature
The worst signature ever
grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 11:48   #32
NanaJote
Albanian fans

Fav. Players: All Milan without Inzaghi

Move to football, cause this player has been loaned to Torino !
NanaJote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 12:06   #33
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

I don't like the deal. Co-own again..... just why ?
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 13:02   #34
psycho_dad
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: one and only Gianni Rivera

The only thing that comes to my mind is that we are short of money
psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 13:16   #35
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

I don't understand us selling him in a co-owership deal.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 13:57   #36
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Well according to rumors, we might still make 1 final signing this summer and that would probably cover our defense. The money we receive from the co-ownership deal would be used to fund a the purchase of a defender.

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 23:02   #37
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

AC Milan Coach Leonardo Considering Ignazio Abate For Left Back Position
Leonardo revealed that the club may not buy a new left-back but try youth product Ignazio Abate in that position instead.

17 Aug 2009 20:33:23
Ignazio Abate feels the heat during Milan's loss to Juventus during the Trofeo TIM
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Ignazio Abate feels the heat during Milan's loss to Juventus during the Trofeo TIM
Related Links
Teams

* Milan

Players

* Ignazio Abate

Despite the recent arrival of striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Milan fans are hoping that the club's transfer campaign is not quite over yet. The likes of Marek Jankulovski and Gianluca Zambrotta aren't getting any younger, so according to many a full-back would be a welcome addition to the club.

Lazio's Lorenzo De Silvestri, Tottenham Hotspurs' Gareth Bale, and Real Madrid's Royston Drenthe have already been linked with the club, but now it seems they are considering a different solution altogether.

Coach Leonardo apparently intends to use youth product Ignazio Abate, who usually plays as a winger, in a full-back role.

"His ideal position is of a winger in a 4-4-2 system,"
the coach said, as quoted by Goal.com Italia, "but we have thought about putting him at the back. Unfortunately we have not been able to put this into practice because we were missing some midfielders during the preparation period. He has to learn the defensive mechanisms, but he runs a lot and can adapt."

Abate himself has confirmed that, in order to play more, he is willing to change his position.

"I've talked about it with the coach various times," the 22-year-old said. "It could be a possibility. In the last few matches, due to the absences of [Gennaro] Gattuso, [Massimo] Ambrosini, and [Andrea] Pirlo, the coach opted to play me in midfield, but as soon as there is an opportunity we will try it.

"I already played as a wing-back with Modena in Serie B, at Empoli I was a left winger and a playmaker, and at Torino a wide player in a 3-5-2 system..."

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 23:09   #38
MassterMark
Alphabet!

Fav. Players: SHEVA. kaka, pato, hernanes, gourcuff, abate, flamini, antonini, t.silva, nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post

AC Milan Coach Leonardo Considering Ignazio Abate For Left Back Position
Leonardo revealed that the club may not buy a new left-back but try youth product Ignazio Abate in that position instead.

17 Aug 2009 20:33:23
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Related Links
Teams

* Milan

Players

* Ignazio Abate

Despite the recent arrival of striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Milan fans are hoping that the club's transfer campaign is not quite over yet. The likes of Marek Jankulovski and Gianluca Zambrotta aren't getting any younger, so according to many a full-back would be a welcome addition to the club.

Lazio's Lorenzo De Silvestri, Tottenham Hotspurs' Gareth Bale, and Real Madrid's Royston Drenthe have already been linked with the club, but now it seems they are considering a different solution altogether.

Coach Leonardo apparently intends to use youth product Ignazio Abate, who usually plays as a winger, in a full-back role.
"His ideal position is of a winger in a 4-4-2 system," the coach said, as quoted by Goal.com Italia, "but we have thought about putting him at the back. Unfortunately we have not been able to put this into practice because we were missing some midfielders during the preparation period. He has to learn the defensive mechanisms, but he runs a lot and can adapt."

Abate himself has confirmed that, in order to play more, he is willing to change his position.

"I've talked about it with the coach various times," the 22-year-old said. "It could be a possibility. In the last few matches, due to the absences of [Gennaro] Gattuso, [Massimo] Ambrosini, and [Andrea] Pirlo, the coach opted to play me in midfield, but as soon as there is an opportunity we will try it.

"I already played as a wing-back with Modena in Serie B, at Empoli I was a left winger and a playmaker, and at Torino a wide player in a 3-5-2 system..."

Danilo Pochini, Goal.com
this is funny. cus those were missing, abate could play

omg! i cant imagine that those 3 will play and flamini & abate will sit

and i dont know why not RB position for abate? we can put this zambro loser on LB in favour to abate
MassterMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 23:11   #39
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

i thought abate only played right side. Wonder if thats a goal.com typo or what.

He clearly crosses well w/ his right

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2009, 23:16   #40
Sidd
सिद्धर्थ Rossonero

Well I'd rather keep than sacrifice him for DeSilv
Too bad we cant get rid of Oddo, f*ckin adamant c*nt!

Signature

Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote