The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:28   #21
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickaka View Post
Who decides what demands you can have?

As long as he's under contract he can demand anything he likes in order to move.
Of course he can. It's just unlikely to be met. Therefore it's probably bluster from the agent.

If Roma wants to sell him and Milan are the one offering the money, then he'll be under adequate pressure to let go of such demands.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:48   #22
Ender
R.I.P Milan

If we buy him, it will be to have him as a starter. I doubt that Milan is following Juventus trail of buying all the best youngsters by spending 15-20 mill on an unproven player and giving loads of cash to Roma so that they can have more liquidity in the transfer market.

Let's not forget that both Destro and Gervinho still haven't been sold.

Do I want to have Romagnoli as a starter and give loads of cash to Roma as well. The answer is a big no, unless they really think that Romagnoli will be a world class defender within a year or two and that will be easily worth twice as much. Twice as much means 40 mill.

The funny thing is that I haven't seen many central defenders being sold for obscene amounts (30+ mill) in the recent years ... leaving aside the PSG bought defenders (Luiz, Silva, Marquinhos), even top defenders are not sold for that high of a price ... Benatia was sold for 26 -29 mill + bonuses ...Bonucci is considered to have a 30 mill valuation.
Otamendi was sold for 12 million.

So the question that rises very easily is why should we pay Roma 20 mill for a newb defender ?

Last edited by Ender; 01-07-2015 at 04:51.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:32   #23
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Ogbonna was 25 when he moved to Juve... Romagnoli is 5-6 years younger than he was at the time
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 13:13   #24
USC
god of thunder

Let's also not discount the opinion of the man who watched him in training and workouts last year.
USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 16:57   #25
Albertini
aka MaldiniCapitano

When you spend big on a young centre back it's not to make a profit four years later its to have a stable back line for the next fifteen years. In the long run if we don't have to reinforce that position for 15 years the price is a no brainer

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 16:58   #26
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniCapitano View Post
When you spend big on a young centre back it's not to make a profit four years later its to have a stable back line for the next fifteen years. In the long run if we don't have to reinforce that position for 15 years the price is a no brainer
Exactly, a concept here since can't seem to grasp
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 00:23   #27
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario9 View Post
Ogbonna was 25 when he moved to Juve... Romagnoli is 5-6 years younger than he was at the time
Yes, Thiago Silva was also 25 when he came to Milan and De Sciglio is 22 but has been sucking for a year. Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniCapitano View Post
What kind of guarantees you have that he'll be a stable center defender for the next 15 years.
Old 02-07-2015, 00:26   #28
Ender
R.I.P Milan

On other news, Milan made a 14 million offer for him. It's slightly high but it's fair and it's exactly in the interval that I said that it would be.

The problem is that his agent said that he doesn't want to move to a club that doesn't play European football, and furthermore Juventus is also getting interested in him (WTF? Maybe they'll sell Bonucci after all or loan Rugani)
Old 02-07-2015, 13:16   #29
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post

What kind of guarantees you have that he'll be a stable center defender for the next 15 years.
the man who coached him would have a very versatile opinion on what the player can and cannot do, and what his current capabilities are. miha allegedly wants him.

so i could also ask you the opposite; what kinda guarantees you have that he won't be a stable defender for the next 15 years?

Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 13:33   #30
Jammin
Il Signore

Solid moustache + tattoo game. I'm sold.
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:05   #31
Albertini
aka MaldiniCapitano

who said anything about guarantees? the directors, scouting team and management, which in milan comes down to 1 person has to make a decision on which young cb to choose.

if he comes good g will get praised, if he doesn't he should in theory, face the consequences.

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:04   #32
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
the man who coached him would have a very versatile opinion on what the player can and cannot do, and what his current capabilities are. miha allegedly wants him.

so i could also ask you the opposite; what kinda guarantees you have that he won't be a stable defender for the next 15 years?
Guarantees? I have statistics, plenty of players are hyped when they are young but very few actually become top players.

Not going farther than Milan, you had Balotelli, Pato, Gourcuff, Mexes that was a super-hyped young defender that got Roma in trouble with his transfer, Yanga-Mbiwa that we wanted to get from Montpellier (and he was playing in NT) that sucked afterwards, Astori that can't make the quality jump, De Sciglio that has been lost for the last season and a half (Seedorf even saying he shouldn't play on the left), El Shaarawy scored 16 goals in half a season and now we want to give him away for 14mill, and I'm not sure if there are any decent offers despite the fact that I still believe he can make it.

You even have grown up players that play good one season and fuck up the next, it's called being inconsistent.

As about coaches and players, a coach can give an opinion but in the end, it's the player that has to play and adapt to the new team. Look at Pochetino and Osvaldo, things were peachy in Espanyol ... then when he brought him to Southampton, Osvaldo sucked. Allegri and Matri is another example, solid play at Cagliari and Juve, sucked at Milan.

Long story short, if we spend 20 mill, we're buying him as a top player, and the truth is that he currently isn't, hence it's a gamble. Can you say that he's an upgrade over our current defenders. Yepes in 2014 played 25 games with Atalanta, but that doesn't make him a top player.

Either way I don't wanna argue with you, I'm just voicing my concerns. For the sake of Milan I hope I'm wrong, even though I've been more times right than wrong.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:46   #33
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Guarantees? I have statistics
i stopped reading there.

MR is right. FIFA games have all but fucked you people in the ass.

good luck with that.

Signature
Old 04-07-2015, 18:38   #34
joyrider
Il Moderati

games....you can win everything in 3 seasons

reality.....you can get relegated, there is nog reload option
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 22:03   #35
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
i stopped reading there.
MR is right. FIFA games have all but fucked you people in the ass.
good luck with that.
I never played Fifa . Good luck with your future assumptions.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:13   #36
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
I never played Fifa . Good luck with your future assumptions.
sure you dont. lmao.

talks about assumptions. assumes romagnoli is not worth 20 mil investment.

cool story

Signature
Old 05-07-2015, 02:55   #37
milanist
Banned

He seems quite fast for his size. Would be a good partner for Paletta who is rather slow.

Last edited by milanist; 05-07-2015 at 02:58.
milanist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:57   #38
Sven
Super Moderator

What I like about the video is he had to cover Mesbah sorry ass at least twice
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:12   #39
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Hummels + Romagnoli please

Signature

<3
AC Kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:36   #40
Hitman
Banned

In terms of game play only, what is Romagnoli better than Laporte in? I understand that he's Italian and that's an advantage but asking specifically in game play. Laporte is the most complete most proven 21 year old CB I have seen in a letter long long time. I don't even know if Nesta or Cannavaro were as good as he is at 21.

Unfortunately it seems that we will pick Romagnoli because he was trained by Miha last year. He knows him better than most.

Silently hoping that somehow shit goes wrong and we go for Laporte. Alessio 's agent did say Milans lack of European football does act as a stumbling block, hopefully big enough to not come so we can 'settle' for the new Nesta. I doubt he would be sold for less than his clause. I don't think the management rates him that highly and I think that's s mistake. We have to buy him at that price before our European opponents will. They're all in search of a great CB and they don't come better than this at 21. Laporte's ready for the big stage.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote