The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 15-07-2015, 21:43   #81
Ragazza
Milan, solo con te...

Fav. Players: MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, DONNARUMMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Mihajlovic when asked about Romagnoli

"I adore strawberries but they should not cost as much as oysters"
that made me chuckle too

problem is, we need a CB...and everybody knows it

Signature
Richard T. Splett. Don't know why I said 'T'; my middle name is John.

You can email me at splett2@splettnet.net.
Ragazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 01:41   #82
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza View Post
that made me chuckle too

problem is, we need a CB...and everybody knows it
Funny thing is that there was an article on France Football of the top 50 most promising young players (20 year old and under) and Romagnoli didn't make the list. On the other hand, you have someone like Tin Jedvaj on the 40th place and that guy was sold this January from Roma for 7 million to Bayern Leverkussen even though he was bought only a year earlier for 5 million. Rugani is on the 35th spot.

This link has the screenshots ...
https://twitter.com/BilouFCB/status/...251520/photo/1

My point is that Romagnoli is not the new Nesta or Cannavaro, he's a decent young player who in the Roma ladder is after Yanga Mbiwa, a central defender that Roma bought this year for 7-8 million. Manolas was bought for 13 mill last year.

Yes, Mihajlovic wants him ... let's not forget that Garcia also wanted Gervinho (who granted had a great first season and a very average second season and is about to be sold). Allegri wanted Matri, Pochetino wanted Osvaldo, Conte wanted Giaccherini, Mancini wanted Balotelli, Mourinho wanted Quaresma.
Destro and Borini were considered top talent after their first seasons, and look what their value is now...

We don't know what's gonna happen with a 20 year old. That's a period of time when things change very rapidly. This year he'll think he can break the world, next year he'll look at a chick and he'll be head over heels and forget about soccer. Spending 25 or 30 million for him is very rushed. The people that think that with him our defense will be fine for the next 10 years, are the same people that thought that De Sciglio was top 3 fullbacks in the world ... A Maldini, Baresi, Nesta is born so rarely not because there are no players with potential but because very few talented players are so consistent in their training and growth.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 03:53   #83
helloAgain
National Team Player

Quote:
Yes, Mihajlovic wants him ... let's not forget that Garcia also wanted Gervinho (who granted had a great first season and a very average second season and is about to be sold). Allegri wanted Matri, Pochetino wanted Osvaldo, Conte wanted Giaccherini, Mancini wanted Balotelli, Mourinho wanted Quaresma.
Destro and Borini were considered top talent after their first seasons, and look what their value is now...

We don't know what's gonna happen with a 20 year old. That's a period of time when things change very rapidly. This year he'll think he can break the world, next year he'll look at a chick and he'll be head over heels and forget about soccer. Spending 25 or 30 million for him is very rushed. The people that think that with him our defense will be fine for the next 10 years, are the same people that thought that De Sciglio was top 3 fullbacks in the world ... A Maldini, Baresi, Nesta is born so rarely not because there are no players with potential but because very few talented players are so consistent in their training and growth.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 09:04   #84
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Yup, and Brendan Rodgers tried bringing Joe Allen and Sigurdsson with him from Swansea and didn't hide his bitterness when Tottenham out-bidded them for the latter.

Coaches want players that they know, players who give them some kind of guarantee, even if it's players that are not that great.

If Romagnoli flops, then Mihajlovic will probably not be here to suffer the financial repercussions of a 30m flop. You think Miha will be our coach in 2017/18?
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 19:50   #85
Fusiproe12
Banned

A youth product of Roma, Romagnoli was surprisingly included despite his 17 years of age by new head coach Zdeněk Zeman in the first team squad. Romagnoli made his senior debut on 11 December 2012 against Atalanta, playing the full game as a starter.He then made his Serie A debut twelve days later, as a substitute in the final minutes of a league game against Milan (Roma v Milan 4-2).
Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 20:12   #86
Tdotboy
AC Milan Legend

they must believe this kid is a pure gem, way too much $ but Miha knows more than we do...high bust high reward type deal, if he ends up being great than were set for 10 years...but if he is a bust, thats gonna hurt
Tdotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 22:55   #87
xerooption
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso

C'mon Milan, just choke up another 5 million!!! U got some good players now, just get the kid and shore up the defense,

Plan B is Ezequiel Garay?? Really...that's how u f*(k up the club's future by acquiring sh*t ball players.
xerooption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 22:56   #88
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerooption View Post
C'mon Milan, just choke up another 5 million!!! U got some good players now, just get the kid and shore up the defense,

Plan B is Ezequiel Garay?? Really...that's how u fuck up the club's future by acquiring sh*t ball players.
Lol garay really elicits some polar opinions in this forum
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 05:15   #89
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
If Romagnoli flops, then Mihajlovic will probably not be here to suffer the financial repercussions of a 30m flop. You think Miha will be our coach in 2017/18?
Which is exactly why I wouldn't want to spend 30 million for Romagnoli, even if Mihajlovic approves his buy, it's outside of any logic and will inflate any prices that we pay for the next year ... because it will show that we don't mind overpaying large amounts for a player.

Oh, and I forgot Capello - Cassano when they went to Real Madrid ...
Old 21-07-2015, 23:59   #90
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Romagnoli in action

Old 22-07-2015, 04:18   #91
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.

Quote:
Romagnoli in action in a 40 second clip taken from a 90 minute match.

fixed.

silly puppy.

Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 07:32   #92
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
silly puppy.
Don't know about you, but I usually leave the pet names for girls ... when I'm better acquainted ... so forgive me if I don't respond in kind.
Old 22-07-2015, 12:23   #93
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Romagnoli in action

Is it just me or you trying to do everything to "prove" that you are right about romagnoli?.

He surely sn't worth 30m, but if we got the money and our coach wants him that badly then let it be.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 14:46   #94
tumbok
Primavera Player

30 million Euros is too way too much for this kid. 10 is at most.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
tumbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 19:02   #95
Mr Delicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbok View Post
30 million Euros is too way too much for this kid. 10 is at most.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Inflated market, that's the reality. Obviously we have to be smart but we can sit there complaining to clubs that they're evaluation of a player is double what he's worth then watch him thrive at another club or we can suck it up, take a chance and see if it pays off in the long run
Mr Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 19:32   #96
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

even in this market CBs that are as good as Romagnoli or even better went for under 20m.

30m is a ridiculous price, 25m would be overpaying but at least it doesn't feel like rape
AndreiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2015, 19:22   #97
Panache
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Delicious View Post
Inflated market, that's the reality. Obviously we have to be smart but we can sit there complaining to clubs that they're evaluation of a player is double what he's worth then watch him thrive at another club or we can suck it up, take a chance and see if it pays off in the long run
Naive thinking. We can't afford to take a chance God damn it. Not this season...NOO WAY. AND 15 mil on Romagnoli is taking a chance, 30 mil on Romagnoli is taking it IN THE ASS!

Very stupid move for that kind of money. If he was the next Nesta (like some here have said *cringing* ), trust me there would be WAY , WAY more teams interested than just us . Let's not kid ourselves.
Panache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 00:00   #98
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Don't know about you, but I usually leave the pet names for girls ... when I'm better acquainted ... so forgive me if I don't respond in kind.
didnt know puppy was a pet name you'd use for girls you're "well acquainted" with.

learn something every day.

what a joke.

Signature

Last edited by ikita; 24-07-2015 at 00:02.
Old 24-07-2015, 00:02   #99
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Naive thinking. We can't afford to take a chance God damn it. .
incorrect. we afforded so much already its stupid to think otherwise, especially considering that we're only at the end of july.

before this mercato started i said that risky signings were the ones we're gonna have to make.

did not read the reset of your incoherent post.

Signature
Old 24-07-2015, 01:52   #100
Galliani
Grand Master

I'm not impressed by this kid, 15m is reasonable but for 30m there are quality defenders out there.

Signature
"Damn you midgets"
Galliani is offline   Reply With Quote