The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 03-12-2017, 17:17   #741
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
His biggest failure at Milan has been as a leader . It's unfortunate he can't turn his mediocre defense partners into something more competent. I guess this is why buffon has always been his captain.
He isn't playing better than any of his "mediocre partners".
That's the problem.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 17:17   #742
milanator
World Cup Winner

Quote:
His biggest failure at Milan has been as a leader . It's unfortunate he can't turn his mediocre defense partners into something more competent. I guess this is why buffon has always been his captain.

He should focus on his own performance from now on. The rest are a bit of a lost cause and should be weeded out in next few transfer windows.
Agree on the leadership but the other defenders aren't that bad, we will not find a better left footed CB than Romagnoli who is willing to join us.
Zapata is easier to upgrade but not a bad fit for the role of the physical CB.

Let's not forget the DM in the equation, a van Bommel typ who really shields the bsck line while being decent in build up would help a lot too.

After all defense is something a coach always can and has to improve, Montella achieved a increase ln defensive stabilty, now its Gattuso's to get back there and improve it further

Last edited by milanator; 03-12-2017 at 17:23.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 17:25   #743
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
He isn't playing better than any of his "mediocre partners".
That's the problem.
He actually is playing much better.

I'll give it 2 or 3 more reds before that point gets across. Or maybe it wont and people will start blaming Gattuso by then.
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 17:26   #744
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Agree on the leadership but the other defenders aren't that bad, we will not find a better left footed CB than Romagnoli who is willing to join us.
Zapata is easier to upgrade but not a bad fit for the role of the physical CB.

Let's not forget the DM in the equation, a van Bommel typ who really shields the bsck line while being decent in build up would help a lot too.

After all defense is something a coach always can and has to improve, Montella achieved a increase ln defensive stabilty, now its Gattuso's to get back there and improve it further
Agreed on the Van B type of player
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:07   #745
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Official: Leonardo Bonucci Thread

Quote:

I'll give it 2 or 3 more reds before that point gets across. Or maybe it wont and people will start blaming Gattuso by then.

He is actually NOT
Though very good last two performances against torino and dog shit bonavento.. hope it continues like that
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:43   #746
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
fact

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:40   #747
forward
AC Milan Icon

^ Lies.

Signature
Old 04-12-2017, 11:58   #748
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

^ +1
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:26   #749
ikita
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta.

Quote:

give it how many reds you want. what someone does in one minute doesnt make them worse than bonucci, if what they do for the other 89 mins of regular time is exactly what bonucci is doing, or even better.

This is how your reasoning would work.

"bonucci is actually fucking horrible.

I'll give it 2 to 3 more fuck ups like the one above before that point gets across."

See how stupid that sounds now?

oh and btw, based on entire games played, bonucci is as mediocre as the rest of our defense.

Signature
Anytime, anywhere, baby boy, I can misbehave

Last edited by ikita; 06-12-2017 at 11:29.
ikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 14:11   #750
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Whats with the sad lives here critisizing our best player

That guy above me showing a gif but failing to add that capitano beasted that game after this mistake.

But tben again, what do you guys expect from Bonucci alone? Without a proper coach, proper team chemistry, etc...

Expecting them to be machines without committing errors? We arent playing Fifa here..
These are humans on the field.. i know it seems weird from your television but they actually are just like you and me with pros and cons but nah... we paid 40 m i expect a machine
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 14:38   #751
forward
AC Milan Icon

I didn't expect a machine.
I expected a defender at least half as good as he was at Juve / Italy NT.

Our defense concede 20 goals in 15 matches. Definitely didn't expect this.

Signature
Old 06-12-2017, 14:41   #752
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

To not acknowledge that has improved in the last 5 or so games is unfair to Bonucci, and probably shows that you are pushing an agenda and falling into the nonsensical Bonucci vs Romagnoli lovers/haters that has happened over the season. Keep up the improvement Bonucci, we need you at your best for us to do anything this season.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 15:15   #753
forward
AC Milan Icon

Oh he has improved. But he is still a shadow of his former self.

At Juve he used to be rock solid in defense and he did a lot of play making with his long passes.

But I too hope he continues to improve and we start having a defensive line up as good as their names suggest.

Signature
Old 06-12-2017, 20:26   #754
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

All I know is that I'm very happy that Bonucci is a Milan player. I think that when MBR get to know each other better and gel, they will form a great defense under Bonucci's leadership. They must!

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 21:42   #755
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
All I know is that I'm very happy that Bonucci is a Milan player. I think that when MBR get to know each other better and gel, they will form a great defense under Bonucci's leadership. They must!
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 23:01   #756
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

He's been playing better lately too, slowly regaining his form & mentally recovering from a pretty bad period

Signature
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote