The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 24-10-2017, 16:11   #61
ernesto
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
So, if Montella drops another 2 points, he should go.

And if he does manage to beat Chievo and draw to Juventus, then he'll need 6 from the next, until he draws one, and then 6 from the ones after that.

It is terminal. He has to go. Every moment where we don't have a replacement in place of him is lost time.

I have absolutely no faith in us winning any match at this point.

I genuinely believe we'd struggle to beat Piacenza or Treviso.
Couldn't agree more. It just looks like things are going wrong one after another at this point.

Signature
ďWhat is the definition of insanity?
It's doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

ernesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 16:33   #62
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Cerci and play for Verona.

Good.. now we gonna lose with only 2 goals
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 17:15   #63
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Good.. now we gonna lose with only 2 goals

joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 19:42   #64
tuccero9
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I agree with this. Stick with Montella until at least the new year, then get wingers and play 433, 343, which are the only two formations that get the best out of Suso who is by far our best player.

I don't think Montella will revert back to vanilla 433 for this one. I still think he'll go for the 34X/43X hybrid. I don't have an explanation for this, it's just a gut feeling that he'll regret it if he goes 433 and not play well and get fired. If I was him i'd stick with my plan and at least go out with fewer regrets.

In defense

In possession

The idea here is that Borini would be far left and Calabria far right, stretching their narrow defense. Hakan would stay inside left, and Suso inside right, where they're most dangerous. Kessie and Biglia stay central to help shuffle the ball and intercept second balls. A back three keeps a man spare against their front two.

Again, i'd be very surprised (and frankly disappointed) if Montella doesn't play like this tomorrow.

Edit: This formation and strategy is sort of what I expected from Montella all season, especially considering the tweaks he did at the end of last season, with Conti being perfect for the RB/RW role. It really was a blow when he got injured. But this is the strategy Montella wants and I hope to see it click before he gets sacked.
i like your posts when you discuss about tactics.
you always describe in details your thoughts.
well done!
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 20:22   #65
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

The Hakan/Borini side will suck badly and we'll have to depend on Kessie/Suso/Silva

another lopsided game

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 20:45   #66
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Somehow like MM17, FB29 is reborn as a wingback and it’s beautiful sight how fast he’s becoming a fan favorite
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2017, 20:48   #67
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

Absolutely no way to Montella staying.

As soon as there's a replacement lined up - even Mazzarri/not Sousa - then he should be gone.

Every 3 points from this point on, in my view, is extremely fortunate, and every single point dropped is one that could be potentially(with more probability) averted if we hired someone else.

Pioli? Del Neri?

No, but get someone in for the love of god. Someone that will have the players moving quicker than tortoises, pressing even a tiny bit, knowing where to pass, just doing something to get us out of this.

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi - Forever in our hearts
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 00:40   #68
Polotelli
#forevermario

I think Chievo is a tough team for us.

But surely we won't fail again.
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 02:21   #69
AC Kid
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Sky and Gazzetta both expect Kalibitch to start over Silva

Signature

<3
AC Kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 03:35   #70
JacksonReality
Senior Team Member

Silva is shit as lone striker, even Cutrone would start before him.
JacksonReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 06:43   #71
joyrider
Il Moderati

so gonna be a win tonight
Old 25-10-2017, 07:03   #72
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I changed my prediction in sapl from a draw to a win. I feel a win in the air. Not a tight one either.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 07:04   #73
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

And Kalinic starting over Silva if we play only one striker is an easy decision.

Signature
Old 25-10-2017, 07:05   #74
Sage
Reinmēkā

after how kalinic played against genoa, I don't think starting any of those strikers is an easy decision, all 3 of them can't score for shit.

inb4silvascored10goalsvsELjobbers
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 07:08   #75
necromancer
Defence of Champions

10 men game = zero tactical evaluation. It just becomes hustle. So I'm giving Kaligola the benefit of doubt for that one.

Signature
Old 25-10-2017, 07:34   #76
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
10 men game = zero tactical evaluation. It just becomes hustle. So I'm giving Kaligola the benefit of doubt for that one.
it becomes a hustle to stop a ball coming your way? Kalinic doesn't deserve any benefit of doubt based on Genoa's game.

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 07:57   #77
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: KakŠ, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Locatelli

Match day! Forza Milan!

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 08:19   #78
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I changed my prediction in sapl from a draw to a win. I feel a win in the air. Not a tight one either.
4/5-0 win

This coach has something to prove!

No Bonucci so all the players will use their own leadership skills.
Old 25-10-2017, 08:22   #79
Sage
Reinmēkā

hopefully antonelli gets minutes in this game, I'd like him to start at LWB against juve.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2017, 08:32   #80
brk
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
Nope.
Yeah, maybe you're right about this for this game at least. It would make sense to have Borini and Calabria track their fullbacks, but the question is what happens with Suso and Hakan?

Hakan needs to drop back to track one of their midfielders, othewise their diamond will totally run the show. So if we assume that when we're defending that we have a midfield of Hakan, Biglia and Kessie, with 3CBs behind them and Borini left and Calabria right, that leaves Suso and CF up front. What happens with Suso? Does he just drift looking for space and being our outball? I don't think we have the luxury to do that.

Also Suso is really bad based on the few games he played up front in a 2. He needs to stay wide right, and if there's no balance on the left it can't work (because Chievo would just shift to block him, knowing there's no threat on the other side).

That's why I think the best option would be to attack 343 but defend 433, simply because we need to spread the play as wide as possible in attack but defend narrow with at least three midfielders and not two.

3412 is very narrow in attack and Chievo would absolutely shut us down. 343 (or 3421, whatever you want to call it) is fine in attack but very weak when we lose the ball since it has only two midfielders in the middle.

The hybrid Montella system gets the width of 343 in attack while retaining the solidity of 433 in defense.

If we do switch to 3412 with two CF's against teams that are weak centrally then the hybrid would be 3412 to 442, to attack centrally but defend the flanks.
brk is online now   Reply With Quote