The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:53   #621
milanator
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
Judging by Bacca's tweet he clearly had a fallout with Montella.
I am guessing Montella told him he will not be part of the project after summer, so he lost all motivation to play decent.
Probably yes, but that´s no excuse. I think Bacca started to get grumpy when Montella told him to be more involved in the build up.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:56   #622
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
At least in one position (the most critical one), this is incorrect. Aubameyang couldn't have made it clearer that the ball was in Milan's court. We made a conscious decision to spend the money that would've signed him on two strikers instead. I think that has been shown to be a poor short-term decision.
Yep, we should have gone for Auba instead of Silva + Kalinic.
We also could have signed a really good midfielder instead of Hakan + Biglia.
And shouldn't have bought Musa.

We would have something like this for a similar amount of money.
We would only need a backup attacking winger.

Bona - Auba - Suso
WC midfileder - Locatelli - Kessie
RR - Roma - Bonu - Conti

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:39   #623
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buske View Post
Because i feel disappointed and even embarassed as a fan...Losing is something i can get over, but giving a point to a team that everyone owned, after spending that much. Ffs if you combine all Benevento players from the first day of club, are they even worth as our last mercato ?
I will probably need some time to recover after this
I actually don't feel as dejected as I felt during the last years of the Berlusconi era. This project have started poorly, but given the big risk that was taken it should be no surprise.

I'm in no rush for success and very calm, if IF, the owners are serious. Sadly we don't have much information about them and it's hard to guess what's gonna happen next. I hope someone planned that this scenario could happen.

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini

Last edited by MilanMB; 04-12-2017 at 12:44.
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:57   #624
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I actually don't feel as dejected as I felt during the last years of the Berlusconi era. This project have started poorly, but given the big risk that was taken it should be no surprise.

I'm in no rush for success and very calm, if IF, the owners are serious. Sadly we don't have much information about them and it's hard to guess what's gonna happen next. I hope someone planned that this scenario could happen.
True. We haven't won anything serious with Berlusconi in the last 6 years.
So surely, we can give the new owners 2 or 3 years to prove their project.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 20:20   #625
MilanMB
Not mad

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Romagnoli, Suso, Bonaventura, Bonucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
True. We haven't won anything serious with Berlusconi in the last 6 years.
So surely, we can give the new owners 2 or 3 years to prove their project.
Not only did we not win anything, the club was put on pause. Now at least things are happening, good or bad.

I wonder, if next season is successful, win people revise their judgment of last summers mercato to 10/10?

Signature
#VogliamoMaldini
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:39   #626
Ragazza
Milan, solo con te...

Fav. Players: MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, DONNARUMMA

i can't believe what is happening with milan...this $hit is cray-cray

Signature
Richard T. Splett. Don't know why I said 'T'; my middle name is John.

You can email me at splett2@splettnet.net.
Ragazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:46   #627
Buske
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
At least in one position (the most critical one), this is incorrect. Aubameyang couldn't have made it clearer that the ball was in Milan's court. We made a conscious decision to spend the money that would've signed him on two strikers instead. I think that has been shown to be a poor short-term decision.
I forgot to mention one more thing. We also didnt want to overpay anyone. We paid realistic prices for everyone (this is arguable, but F&M stated it).
You are right about Auba, although i feel the club didnt want to let him go for a reasonable price (almost same like Belotti)
Btw, at some point in mercato Mirabelli said BVB didnt want to sell Auba, if that counts for anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

Well, you are right... for sure this is better than then end of Berlusconi's era. Anything is better than spending 0-5m on transfers. I expected it will take time yeah, but i also expected really good games here and there, like winning some bigger club, or totally trashing bad one.. but instead we lose points vs "amateurs"

@forward no, we couldnt sign a wc midfielder... as i said, Tolisso rejected us and he wasnt wc. Which other would want to come? I think we all(fans) underestimate the fact that we are not very popular destination for top players anymore.. for last 10 years or so.
Its like you try explain to a 18 year old how great Baresi was, or Van Basten... good luck with that, all they know is Messi and CR unfortunately
Buske is offline   Reply With Quote