The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

View Poll Results: How do you like Montolivo?
1st 11 10 12.99%
On the bench 19 24.68%
In another team 24 31.17%
Retired 24 31.17%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-06-2011, 03:04   #81
anilak
AC Milan Icon

Din't want Pirlo and don't want a poor man's version of him anyway. Please don't tell me I was hoping to see Pirlo leave to Ladri to watch this purple fag come to Milan ..

Signature

anilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 03:08   #82
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Asamoah, Zapata, Ganso, Mr.X and El Shaarawy Will Rock the world !!!

And Balotelli comes also i sense !

So no need for Gaytolivo !

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 06:35   #83
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilak View Post
Din't want Pirlo and don't want a poor man's version of him anyway. Please don't tell me I was hoping to see Pirlo leave to Ladri to watch this purple fag come to Milan ..
pirlo wasn't much better than monti before he arrived here
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 07:22   #84
Danilo JBG
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyirider View Post
pirlo wasn't much better than monti before he arrived here
But Pirlo arrived at 22, I think. Montolivo is 26 already.
Danilo JBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 09:24   #85
sheva007
National Team Player

Fav. Players: sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie

not milan material. he is nothing special. rather spend the money for some1 else

Signature
sheva007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 09:35   #86
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

he is slow , otherwise a good player, underrated anyway
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 09:54   #87
RossoneroTifoso
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

He's more mobile and dynamic then Pirlo. If we could get him for cheap I wouldn't mind.

Signature
RossoneroTifoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 17:20   #88
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Montolivo has been playing great for the National Team...I personally wouldnt mind him coming if he was cheap but I dont think we need him and Aquilani also...especially when we are getting a Champion and Seedorf is still here

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 05:40   #89
Benz_1803
classic 1994

Fav. Players: Milan legendary

Galliani has explained why they're not moving for Fiorentina star Riccardo Montolivo.

Quote:
He went into detail as to why his club wouldn’t be making an offer for Montolivo.

“He would be a perfect replacement for Andrea Pirlo, but a Pirlo who plays in front of the defence,” Galliani said.

“We want a left-midfielder and Montolivo is not one. We are looking for a player with legs, a player who is good at coming from deep.”

Benz_1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:16   #90
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

^ good, at least if we sell Cassano to them it will be for money and not Montolivo

Signature
Old 26-06-2011, 06:54   #91
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weah-man View Post
^ good, at least if we sell Cassano to them it will be for money and not Montolivo
Then I rather Cassano goes to Liverpool, scam money out of them.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:56   #92
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
Then I rather Cassano goes to Liverpool, scam money out of them.
are they interested?

Signature
Old 26-06-2011, 10:56   #93
ToonInvader
4th GK

Fav. Players: Maldini, Davids, Schweinsteiger, Bergkamp, Jonah Hill

I have the feeling that our Mister X will be Aquilani in the end for the reasons we all know here

No matter when but I strongly think these 4 will end up in Milan within a year. This combination is realistic and well balanced w/r to Allegri's tactics.

Hamsik
Aquilani
Ganso
Danilo

Aquilani + Ganso summer 2011.
Hamsik in January ( so that he plays at least the CL group stage )
Danilo summer 2012.

Signature

"Life goes on. Otherwise, Maradonna would still play football. I am now the coach of AC Milan. But in a few years, I'll be back in Livorno, fishing on a raft in the middle of the sea " M.A.
ToonInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 10:57   #94
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weah-man View Post
are they interested?
Seen quite a few reports. Mainly from England.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 20:33   #95
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny.Bill.Williams View Post
Prediction for future signings:

-Stagger
-Pastore
-Montolivo
-
-
-[x]

New signing Welcome

Great thing about him is his versatility at a high level

I'm pretty certain we can play him anywhere across the 3 mids without a significant drop in Quality

In a sense he is the ultimate squad player, I do feel he could be Boss/ambro's successor and become a mainstay in out midfield for quite some time

People shouldn't look to him to be a playmaker/creative hub ...what he is ,is a defensive midfielder with the ability to contribute to the attack ..I think he could be that creative foil we've been sorely lacking ...something Dorf was to Pirlo,Iniesta is to Xavi,Van der Vaart is to Modric ...Denilson was to Cesc ...what GOETZE was to sahin ...someone technically capable enough to share some responsibility in regards to keeping possession ...someone who is also good enough that both would require attention ,thus leaving others open /available....

I feel he has the same problem as Ambro ,esp. when he played in a 2-man CM (4-4-2) ...trying to do too much. Better coaching along with better players will alleviate creative burden on him and I think we will see a more consistent player.

One of his best season in recent times has been in an almost carbon copy of our midfield…the 2008/2009 run, he was immense and the similarities are evident

--Monto-----Melo----Donadal-----
-Pirlo-------Rino----Ambro-----

The positions are interchangeable, but I think you get the idea …furthermore his combination play and form was best when he played with Jovetic as Cam …which bodes well for the future (If we do indeed sign Pastore)

Way I see it
Short term: Squad/utility player
Long term: Anchor man

Like the way Milan are heading with regards to transfers started from the back (n/h) ,we’ve signed complete players, all with high technical ability

GRAZIE G+B

I imagine this might be the future
--------------Pastore------------
Stagger-----Monto-----Boa—----

---------------Elsha-------------
Fossati----Calvano----Strasser
:p

What people should further consider is that if he arrives, Dorf would be expendable

Last edited by Sonny.Bill.Williams; 14-07-2011 at 20:59.
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 07:25   #96
Fiero

Is he coming or what? I wouldn't mind him, but I'd take Aquilani over him. He's not good as an anchor, his best form was at box-to-box.

Maybe in the future with more experience he'd be a good anchor. He has it in him, he just needs better tactical knowledge and game reading skills. He'd certainly be a good squad player for us.

Cheap, Italian, good quality, and (soon to be) ex-Fiorentina. I'd welcome him. Any captain of La Viola would be on my good books.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 07:47   #97
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I'm rather surprise at the Montolivo-hate. Is it because there has been immense hype about the likes of Fabregas and Hamsik in the last few months? They are certainly better options, but Montolivo is not anywhere near bad.

Think back to the middle of last season, when Pirlo was injured and Seedorf was shit. Wouldnt you have liked to have someone like Montolivo in the squad to provide some midfield creativity?

Would definitely welcome him here, him + Pastore would be an extraordinarily good Mercato in my books.

A mercato with just Montolivo would be decent, but better than getting only Ganso. Because Montolivo would slot right into our biggest problem area, LCM.

----Zlatan-----Pato----

--------Boateng------
--Monto--MvB--Gattuso--

Quite a decent team.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 08:11   #98
NobodyCares
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini , Rui Costa , Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I'm rather surprise at the Montolivo-hate. Is it because there has been immense hype about the likes of Fabregas and Hamsik in the last few months? They are certainly better options, but Montolivo is not anywhere near bad.

Think back to the middle of last season, when Pirlo was injured and Seedorf was shit. Wouldnt you have liked to have someone like Montolivo in the squad to provide some midfield creativity?

Would definitely welcome him here, him + Pastore would be an extraordinarily good Mercato in my books.

A mercato with just Montolivo would be decent, but better than getting only Ganso. Because Montolivo would slot right into our biggest problem area, LCM.

----Zlatan-----Pato----

--------Boateng------
--Monto--MvB--Gattuso--

Quite a decent team.
I'll prefer the montolivo+pastore mercato. Looking at the team , I see the no. of italian's reducing.

Abb, Nesta , Abate , Monto.
We used to honor the 6+5 rule before.

Monto+Pastore would definitely help us retain the Serie A , not so sure about the CL.

Signature
NobodyCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 08:33   #99
MilanZealot
Rookie

Montolivo will do well in our current setup. With the way things stand right now, I see Ganso as a luxury we can't afford. Ibra and him together won't provide us with enough movements.
MilanZealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 01:09   #100
Tantalis
Heyoka

pretty sure Arsenal nabbed him.
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote