The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good thing that less and less useless players remain in Milan.
Now need to extend expiring contracts.
Next year will have to pay for Tonali and Diaz.
It's lots of investments

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Ibra
Helga Hakan Diaz
Ben Kessie​

Thats our best option, Tonali 1st sub for Ben/Kessie.

Pioli better start these players almost every game.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Overpaying and those "extra 5m" here and there are what got us here.

It was the extra money on Paqueta, the extra money on Laxalt, the extra money on Samu, the extra money on Biglia, the extra money that is meant to push through various deals that put us in the terrible place we are in now.

Now, I understand that you can say: "Sam, I get it, but there's a difference between paying extra for Samu (and all those other players) and paying extra for Simakan/Kabak/etc just one time," and maybe, but if that transfer fails, even if they are promising as hell (see: Caldara) the damage is still done.

One of the important data-driven approaches to players and their values is using metrics like their "value-in-use" over a season in comparison to their contract terms in comparison to the "value-in-exchange," basically getting rid of them.

There are various analytics that take this financial approach, which creates a value for a player, and I think our management is driven by this. It's not unique to Milan, lots (but not all) clubs do this now, and of course different data sets will yield different results.

I think for the next few months, the squad is fine according to management. They seem to trust their process--and I guess we will see how right they were. I hope they are.

:star:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
We kept all our important players and got rid of some fodder.

The only new additions are Tonali, Hauge and Kalulu. If 2 of them can become important then we did alright considering our budget.

atm we don?t have an option on Brahim and Dalot yet, right?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The only new additions are Tonali, Hauge and Kalulu. If 2 of them can become important then we did alright considering our budget.

Right

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I really hope Maldini pulls off the Donnarumma renewall without any crazy release clauses or any salary increases

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We have 5 CBs, do we really need one more?

Why this urgency for a CB that it can't wait until January?
Do they know something that we don't?

Is Musa and Roma so far off from returning that they won't be back for months?

Is Musa a lost cause in terms of fitness/career ending injury?

Is Duarte refusing to play?

2 of them are shit, and 1 is injured.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really hope Maldini pulls off the Donnarumma renewall without any crazy release clauses or any salary increases

All our money will go to raiola :fp:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did Monza buy more players than us?

They bought like 15 players but this is not saying much... Very different situations and very different quality of players.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overpaying and those "extra 5m" here and there are what got us here.

It was the extra money on Paqueta, the extra money on Laxalt, the extra money on Samu, the extra money on Biglia, the extra money that is meant to push through various deals that put us in the terrible place we are in now.

Now, I understand that you can say: "Sam, I get it, but there's a difference between paying extra for Samu (and all those other players) and paying extra for Simakan/Kabak/etc just one time," and maybe, but if that transfer fails, even if they are promising as hell (see: Caldara) the damage is still done.

One of the important data-driven approaches to players and their values is using metrics like their "value-in-use" over a season in comparison to their contract terms in comparison to the "value-in-exchange," basically getting rid of them.

There are various analytics that take this financial approach, which creates a value for a player, and I think our management is driven by this. It's not unique to Milan, lots (but not all) clubs do this now, and of course different data sets will yield different results.

I think for the next few months, the squad is fine according to management. They seem to trust their process--and I guess we will see how right they were. I hope they are.

I get you. But you have to admit parading the need for a CB all market and failing to get one is a failure on management. We all have our own assessments as to what the club needs but this is what the club wanted all market long and the coach too, it?s not like we just found out we needed a CB. So I think it?s fair to say they failed based on their own assessments.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, the fact Donna didn't extend during this window either means that management isn't worried about it and that he's going to extend, I mean, this would have been the window to do it. I can't see Milan letting him go for free.

That's of course, if they see the value of him playing to be higher this last season than it would have been to sell him... But I can't see the math in that working out.

We don't sell anyone we don't want to sell, that's the one thing that has been consistent under Elliott. That is pretty big to me.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ibra
Helga Hakan Diaz
Ben Kessie​

Thats our best option, Tonali 1st sub for Ben/Kessie.

Pioli better start these players almost every game.

0bc286bebff036b4cab1417d9552e099.gif

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

Brahim strikes me as a player who really wants to remain. I don't think he's Real Madrid good, so I think chances are he's here next season as well.

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think this is similar failure to last season when we chased Correa all market only to not get him. I hope this isn?t a Maldini pattern. Seems to be.

It?s a pattern of every club. You set a top objective and you?re chasing it for the whole season. Meanwhile, you have other positions in need of strenghtening (is that even a word) as well. I?d say we did good. Even if some of the transfers don?t pan out, we can still sell them either with a profit or minimal loss. That?s what the end objective was anyway. Not to bleed money anymore

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get you. But you have to admit parading the need for a CB all market and failing to get one is a failure on management. We all have our own assessments as to what the club needs but this is what the club wanted all market long and the coach too, it?s not like we just found out we needed a CB. So I think it?s fair to say they failed based on their own assessments.

But they don't want to overpay, that's what is clear. They have valuations of players and they don't budge on it. If it works, they are courageous and smart. If it fails, they made a mistake.

Winning is the only barometer of success for whatever it is that we say.

No one wanted Kjaer, and now he's a centerpiece of our team. Theo was met with a shrug, and now he's a crown jewel. Bennacer was laughed at, comparisons to other African Player of the Tournament (there were good ones there, btw), and players that were here have raised their level. Saelesmaekers is doing so well, I am actually spelling his name correctly.

It's all about whether they win or not, that's really it. If Milan wins and reaches the goals we want, then they were right. If not, they were wrong. That's the only way I can see it.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#Smalling, the documentation of the #Roma it was incomplete it sent liquidity index, an obligatory step. For this the #Lega could not formalize. :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
norwegian instead of him on the left is the best option? very disrespectful, insulting

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Finally the window is closed... we can now focus on the season

don't expect everything to be done in 1 window...we've definitely strengthened

if comes january we're in good standing for top 4 (or miraculously fighting for top place) i'm 1000% sure they will address the most glaring issues we have from now to then.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
norwegian instead of him on the left is the best option? very disrespectful, insulting

Helga looks like he can make things happen. I had Rebic for vice Ibra... play him as a striker when Ibra is suspended or in need of a rest.

I like Rebic bc he reminds me of russell crowe and is a brawler... not bc he's bad-ass footballer.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Mercato notes:
- We are poor
- We cannot blame Pioli
- Chiesa to Juve was disappointing
- Baka to Napoli was :fp:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Golden!

Golden!!

We've played nobody.

This XI dominated every side except for Atalanta (missing players) and Napoli

Teams dominated in that stretch include Roma, Juve, Lazio, etc...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Helga looks like he can make things happen. I had Rebic for vice Ibra... play him as a striker when Ibra is suspended or in need of a rest.

I like Rebic bc he reminds me of russell crowe and is a brawler... not bc he's bad-ass footballer.

Like I said, extremely disrespectful

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leeds are closing in on Brazilian winger Raphinha. He holds an Italian passport and doesn't require a work permit to complete deal from Rennes #LUFC

Fecking leeds buying Brazilian wingers... and we're here just :fp:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finally the window is closed... we can now focus on the season

don't expect everything to be done in 1 window...we've definitely strengthened

if comes january we're in good standing for top 4 (or miraculously fighting for top place) i'm 1000% sure they will address the most glaring issues we have from now to then.

If we're in good standing come January we won't need to overpay for players.

Clubs won't see us as desperate, allowing us to haggle.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like I said, extremely disrespectful

Ah, feck it, put Rebic in if you want. Chances are we'll start hating on Helga after 7 games... better the devil you know, right.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ibra
Leao

Rebic - Hakan - Salad
Hauge - Diaz - Samu

Bennacer - Kessie
Tonali - Krunic

Theo - Roma - Kjaer - Calabria
Dalot - Gabbia - Mussachio - Conti

This is fine honestly for a top 4 challenge. Quality depth at every position outside of Theo and Kessie. Should be a lot easier once the EL group stage is over

Its a shame though because this whole thing feels like a missed opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule