Abbiati on the move...?

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
04/14/2003. Serie B side Sampdoria would be interested in Milan's Christian Abbiati if they are promoted this season.

The goalkeeper is currently playing second fiddle to Dida, and although he says he wants to spend the rest of his career with the Rossoneri, a loan move may appeal.

Sampdoria President Riccardo Garrone is said to have already made contact with the player's agent.
SA Italy

from soccerage.com

---

What do you guys think? i think he is a good goalkeeper but it feels unfair to have him put on the bench each game... he deserves first team football....

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Definently, he needs playing time as a first team player.. we can always get a backup goalie who is happy to sit on the bench week in week out, or even call up primavera to give them experience..

Abbiati is too good a 'keeper to wither away on the sideline at Milan. :cool:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
I think Dida has had a pretty good season but I still just don´t trust him. There is just something about brazilian keepers that isn´t right. Except maybe Marcos who was really good during the World Cup.

Abbiati has always been my favourite bwtween the two and i´m not to happy about him leaving but as you mention he REALLY does´nt deserve to spend another season on the bench.

azira

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
sorry to say, but IMO, he doesn't bring any great impact 4 us

Schedule