The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2017, 18:40   #101
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
This management duo has proven to be just as bad if not much worse at wage management and squad construction as the previous duo in their senile years.
so you have decided this three months into their first season?

is this final?

shortsightedness of fans is the biggest problem of the duo, not building a great squad.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 18:49   #102
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
Exactly, fans have a very short memory.
Juve and Inter wasted money on a lot of players before they started playing anywhere near good.
Same goes for Real, ManCity and virtually any other team in the world.

Someone expected all of our signings to succeed?
Their fault for not knowing how football works.
People are being absolutely ridiculous.

omg our players are shit omg our management are shit omg none of the players will succed omg etcetc

It take YEARS to build a football team, anyone who isn't a complete n00b will understand that. It doesn't even have to be said.

It was a bold move to revamp the who squad in the first mercato, but it will benefit us in the long run, even though the first season will be tough.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 18:58   #103
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Dream scenario would have been if they'd hired a WC coach like Conte or something. Since Montella didn't show anything special in his first season, i think they would have if there was someone available.

But I also understand if no established coach would want to take over a completely new and unproven group of players. It's just not a wise career move, unless you get a shit load of money.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 19:54   #104
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
People are being absolutely ridiculous.

omg our players are shit omg our management are shit omg none of the players will succed omg etcetc

It take YEARS to build a football team, anyone who isn't a complete n00b will understand that. It doesn't even have to be said.

It was a bold move to revamp the who squad in the first mercato, but it will benefit us in the long run, even though the first season will be tough.
Agreed.

But now that the "foundation" sort of say has been built, I expect our transfer to have more directions.

I hope our next transfers addresses specific needs from managers rather than just because a good opportunity came up (i.e. Bonucci).


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 19:56   #105
leaf
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Hope this is not an encore to their Inter stint.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 20:09   #106
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Agreed.

But now that the "foundation" sort of say has been built, I expect our transfer to have more directions.

I hope our next transfers addresses specific needs from managers rather than just because a good opportunity came up (i.e. Bonucci).
Totally. Next will be a great striker, they already tried this summer, but the price was too high.

I've been reading a lot of criticism that they didn't adress the biggest issue post mercato, the striker. And although it's a legitimate standpoint to think otherwise, a team should be built from the back IMO.

What would have been the alternatives?

Use the Hakan, Kali and Silva money to buy one striker? Then we'd only have Cutrone as back up and even worse depth in midfield. Bonucci and Silva money would have meant a great striker, but I don't think anyone in their position would've said no to Bonucci.

And what was our realistic alternatives in attack? Belotti and Aubameyang - all respect to them but it's not like bringing Ibra to carry the team.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 20:21   #107
forward
AC Milan Icon
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Siro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
so you have decided this three months into their first season?

is this final?


It's over, we did all we could. Close the club.


Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 18:00   #108
tuccero9
Senior Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Totally. Next will be a great striker, they already tried this summer, but the price was too high.

I've been reading a lot of criticism that they didn't adress the biggest issue post mercato, the striker. And although it's a legitimate standpoint to think otherwise, a team should be built from the back IMO.

What would have been the alternatives?

Use the Hakan, Kali and Silva money to buy one striker? Then we'd only have Cutrone as back up and even worse depth in midfield. Bonucci and Silva money would have meant a great striker, but I don't think anyone in their position would've said no to Bonucci.

And what was our realistic alternatives in attack? Belotti and Aubameyang - all respect to them but it's not like bringing Ibra to carry the team.
i don't think striker is the position that we need a player most urgently.
first we need to settle on the way we want to play so we have a clear vision of what we lack.
and in any way I think the most urgent place we need improvement is midfield. when you see the team to try long passes from defence to attack and depending on individual brilliance to create chances then you understand that you are missing something in midfield.
also if we are going to target a top striker in January then it means that we must sell one of kalinic-andre silva
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 21:24   #109
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccero9 View Post
i don't think striker is the position that we need a player most urgently.
first we need to settle on the way we want to play so we have a clear vision of what we lack.
and in any way I think the most urgent place we need improvement is midfield. when you see the team to try long passes from defence to attack and depending on individual brilliance to create chances then you understand that you are missing something in midfield.
also if we are going to target a top striker in January then it means that we must sell one of kalinic-andre silva
i disagree

a great ST would mean the world for this team atm

wouldn't mind another midfielder either though


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 21:28   #110
necromancer
Capocannoniere
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

A top striker is BY FAR the biggest need of this team and has been so for the last 5 years.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 21:53   #111
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Totally. Next will be a great striker, they already tried this summer, but the price was too high.

I've been reading a lot of criticism that they didn't adress the biggest issue post mercato, the striker. And although it's a legitimate standpoint to think otherwise, a team should be built from the back IMO.

What would have been the alternatives?

Use the Hakan, Kali and Silva money to buy one striker? Then we'd only have Cutrone as back up and even worse depth in midfield. Bonucci and Silva money would have meant a great striker, but I don't think anyone in their position would've said no to Bonucci.

And what was our realistic alternatives in attack? Belotti and Aubameyang - all respect to them but it's not like bringing Ibra to carry the team.
Agree with this but who is Ibra-like that can cover up the flaws of a sputtering attack singlehandedly.

I also think this has long been Milan's problem since the fall of our great teams. The reliance of the soloist has led us to this predicament. We need a team that gets results based on system and then you can always spice it up with class as we go.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:51   #112
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon
 
Goodfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
so you have decided this three months into their first season?

is this final?

shortsightedness of fans is the biggest problem of the duo, not building a great squad.
They may learn from this(if they get a 2nd chance), but no it's not too early to judge their current squad construction ability and the wage structures they've set.
This wasn't a normal mercato. More than 200m on transfer fees. Hefty salaries to attract players. 11 expensive signings.
They had the power and intention to reshape the squad how they wanted, and we end up with same main weaknesses as before. Not a single quality mezz'ala - only an okayish 20yo one. LBs with no athleticism. Midfielders with no athleticism, except the 20yo. Attackers with no athleticism, bar one(Borini). Ordinary AMs/pseudo-midfielders. Borini as best LW option. A bunch of CFs, but not a single reliable goal scorer among them. Still dependent on a Suso that simply can't be part of a team with a pressing game worth it's name. etc etc

It would be unreasonable to expect them to solve all the problems of a squad in one mercato, but the squad has barely improved.

Only good excuse they may have is that they gave Montella the benefit of the doubt. But Montella wasn't eager to abandon the 4-3-3 of last season, was he? Or were they actually building for a 4-3-3 when deciding to spend 6m of the transfer budget on wingers?

Last edited by Goodfella; 01-11-2017 at 02:55.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:50   #113
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
They may learn from this(if they get a 2nd chance), but no it's not too early to judge their current squad construction ability and the wage structures they've set.
This wasn't a normal mercato. More than 200m on transfer fees. Hefty salaries to attract players. 11 expensive signings.
They had the power and intention to reshape the squad how they wanted, and we end up with same main weaknesses as before. Not a single quality mezz'ala - only an okayish 20yo one. LBs with no athleticism. Midfielders with no athleticism, except the 20yo. Attackers with no athleticism, bar one(Borini). Ordinary AMs/pseudo-midfielders. Borini as best LW option. A bunch of CFs, but not a single reliable goal scorer among them. Still dependent on a Suso that simply can't be part of a team with a pressing game worth it's name. etc etc

It would be unreasonable to expect them to solve all the problems of a squad in one mercato, but the squad has barely improved.

Only good excuse they may have is that they gave Montella the benefit of the doubt. But Montella wasn't eager to abandon the 4-3-3 of last season, was he?
agreed


Quote:
Or were they actually building for a 4-3-3 when deciding to spend 6m of the transfer budget on wingers?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:28   #114
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post

It would be unreasonable to expect them to solve all the problems of a squad in one mercato, but the squad has barely improved.
Ok


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:41   #115
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

So conclusion drawn after three months is that the squad has barely improved.

We have so smart people in RnB


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:49   #116
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody
 
ibelongtomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
i disagree

a great ST would mean the world for this team atm

wouldn't mind another midfielder either though
No

A striker wouldn't do anything with this team. He cant carry the game alone.

Didn't you see how cutrone or silva play when thay we play single striker role. Way too isolated. Same situation with Bacca last year.

A great striker will win for us some games alone by himself but in long term the results are same when people figure him out.

When the team function fluently, the strikers will score. It's a right decision to buy a striker next summer and build the team from the back.
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:53   #117
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

Milan ain't buying shit next summer, why would fassone declare that milan will sell 1-2 players if they miss out on the CL and then spend 70+ million on a striker?

I expect donnarumma and one of our hyped players like silva or romangoli to get sold, that's an easy 100 million. That money will then be used to cover losses, not sign a big name striker.

I do expect them to make small scale signings, but I definitely don't expect any significant signings to be made.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:56   #118
MilanMB
Serendipity
 
MilanMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongtomilan View Post
No

A striker wouldn't do anything with this team. He cant carry the game alone.

Didn't you see how cutrone or silva play when thay we play single striker role. Way too isolated. Same situation with Bacca last year.

A great striker will win for us some games alone by himself but in long term the results are same when people figure him out.

When the team function fluently, the strikers will score. It's a right decision to buy a striker next summer and build the team from the back.
Orrrr, a great striker can make the rest of the team function better.


Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 15:02   #119
leaf
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Milan ain't buying shit next summer, why would fassone declare that milan will sell 1-2 players if they miss out on the CL and then spend 70+ million on a striker?

I expect donnarumma and one of our hyped players like silva or romangoli to get sold, that's an easy 100 million. That money will then be used to cover losses, not sign a big name striker.

I do expect them to make small scale signings, but I definitely don't expect any significant signings to be made.
most likely scenario....sad but true
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 17:52   #120
tuccero9
Senior Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
i disagree

a great ST would mean the world for this team atm

wouldn't mind another midfielder either though
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
A top striker is BY FAR the biggest need of this team and has been so for the last 5 years.
im not saying that a top striker will not improve the team.
obviously he will.
but the team needs to function better first in order to start talking about the player who is going to finish your chances.
sure a top striker can score from nothing but seeing the performances this is not why we lost most of our matches.
also like I said before if we are going to sign a top striker it means that someone between andre silva-kalinic must be sold.
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:25.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.