The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 19:26   #121
leaf
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccero9 View Post
im not saying that a top striker will not improve the team.
obviously he will.
but the team needs to function better first in order to start talking about the player who is going to finish your chances.
sure a top striker can score from nothing but seeing the performances this is not why we lost most of our matches.
also like I said before if we are going to sign a top striker it means that someone between andre silva-kalinic must be sold.
Not at all. A top Striker is EXACTLY why we lost vs Inter and Juve for sure. We actually did create great chances for both games and Juve actually created less before the final third of the game for sure.

Goals win games
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 20:08   #122
necromancer
Capocannoniere
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccero9 View Post
im not saying that a top striker will not improve the team.

obviously he will.

but the team needs to function better first in order to start talking about the player who is going to finish your chances.

sure a top striker can score from nothing but seeing the performances this is not why we lost most of our matches.

also like I said before if we are going to sign a top striker it means that someone between andre silva-kalinic must be sold.


How can you not see the changes being created.. we did well for large chunks of game against Juve, Inter and Roma but the lack of a clinical finisher penalized us. To me it has never been as simple as it is this season. We continue to ignore the striker position, we continue to be stuck in mediocrity.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 20:12   #123
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

the good thing is that belotti isn't going to have a special season (as I predicted) so maybe we'll be able to get him on an acceptable price if they sell the flops to fund his transfer.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 17:37   #124
Alo88
AC Milan Icon
 
Alo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Switzerland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Milan ain't buying shit next summer, why would fassone declare that milan will sell 1-2 players if they miss out on the CL and then spend 70+ million on a striker?

I expect donnarumma and one of our hyped players like silva or romangoli to get sold, that's an easy 100 million. That money will then be used to cover losses, not sign a big name striker.

I do expect them to make small scale signings, but I definitely don't expect any significant signings to be made.
Maybe it's just me being naive, but I think there is a significant budget allocated for a summer mercato no matter if we qualify for CL or not.

Let's see what Fassone said. He said:

* We will have a deficit in our balances in the next couple of years and that we will only begin to break-even in year 3 or 4.

* If we miss our on CL, we will have to sell 1-2 stars to cover what we missed out on CL-participation.

And now here is what I think: When Fassone says we will have to sell 1-2 stars, he actually means we will have to sell 1-2 players on a profit to cover what we missed on CL and to stay in line on what the business plan is.

If we assume that in Fassone's business plan has forseen a deficit with or without CL, then his only worries are how to close that gap between his business plan with or without CL. Let's assume we would miss out on 70-100M if we don't qualify, it meant we have to sell players with that profit. Donnarumma is said to have a release clause of 70M, we barely paid anything meaningfull for him as he came through our youth. Wouldn't that mean that we already almost met that gap between missing out on CL and participating?

As you can see, in all those thoughts that hypothetical existing budget remains untouched. CL won't change our plans for our summer mercato, but it will play an important role on who of our players can be sold with a maximum of profits. Big paid players like Roma certainly wouldn't be candidates to be sold on a big profit. It would be players paid little with a big market value like Donna or Suso. We still could sell them and get 1-2 big names and a valuable gk.

... as I said, maybe I'm on crazy pills and way to naive for this world.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 19:10   #125
tuccero9
Senior Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf View Post
Not at all. A top Striker is EXACTLY why we lost vs Inter and Juve for sure. We actually did create great chances for both games and Juve actually created less before the final third of the game for sure.

Goals win games
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
How can you not see the changes being created.. we did well for large chunks of game against Juve, Inter and Roma but the lack of a clinical finisher penalized us. To me it has never been as simple as it is this season. We continue to ignore the striker position, we continue to be stuck in mediocrity.
i agree about the matches against ladri and merda.
but these are just 2 games.
how many matches did we lose points this season?
Lazio, sampdoria, roma, genoa, aek...
that's more than 2. that's why I said in MOST of our matches.
even though wins in derby matches against ladri and merda would count a lot in teams confidence it still does not change the fact that for the other matches we couldn't be dangerous to our oppositions
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 21:26   #126
unda
National Team Player
 
unda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Smurf View Post
Agree with this but who is Ibra-like that can cover up the flaws of a sputtering attack singlehandedly.

I also think this has long been Milan's problem since the fall of our great teams. The reliance of the soloist has led us to this predicament. We need a team that gets results based on system and then you can always spice it up with class as we go.
This.

People seem to be obsessed with that one player that will make us great, considering our past it's clear where this does come from, we always had that one great player(striker) who elevated our team, from Sheva to Kaka to Ibra.

But the more time goes by the more the game becomes team/tactics oriented, a great team will always beat a good team with great solo players. If individual talent would be this important we would win against most teams in Seria A easily.

Unfortunately for us there are many factors that are much more important in todays game.

Kalinic misses two chances against Inter and people are like fuck the managment we should have buyed a top striker that would have made the difference.

Go and watch some Dortmund games and look how much top chances are wasted by the worldclass striker that is Aubameyeng. But since the system is working he gets enough chances to actually score this much goals.
Or take another look at Bacca at Sevilla and compare that to his stint here or a guy like Immobile who looked like an amateur player at Dortmund and is now one of the most prolific strikers around.

It's all about the system.

But first you have to have one and thats the main problem Milan had in my opinion since Ancelotti era.

Allegri came in and did a good job to organize a good defense unit and go on from there, mostly it was give the ball to Ibra and he will make something happen.

That's the reason I liked Miha this much because since watching Milan for the first time someone tried to build a system where everybody has to contribute, even tough he was very defensiv minded. For the first time I've seen players working hard off the ball according to a scheme.

We need a coach who is obsessed about a idea of football who is not willing to compromise on it, who is willing to build from scratch, who is demanding tactial discipline and a lot of hard work from the players, who is obsessed with every little detail, who gives a clear philosophy for the players to stick to. A good example would be a guy like Van Gaal or Pep or to an lesser extend Conte who would do wonders at Milan. On the other side bringing Ancelotti back would be a disaster in my eyes and I love that guy. I think he would do even worse than Montella.

Montella seems to have a vision but he also seems to lack any real authority. I just don't think he has the right charakter for the task at hand even if he does posses the tactical knowledge required.
unda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 21:46   #127
unda
National Team Player
 
unda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Also I find it funny how all the people that were jumping in the air for joy after our mercato are now saying managment is shit and we're doomed. You simply can't deny they did a good job bringing in players from a talent for money standpoint, considering we are not attractive at all to ambitious players.

But someone could argue about the amount and the constellation of players brought in.

Did we need Bonucci that much? No. Did he make much sense in a tactical way? No. Was this an incredible chance to get a player who is under normal circumstances worth much much more than we payed? Yes. Also Bonucci was requested from Montella and according to interviews was not even a target of Mirabelli. Is Andre Silva a top striker? No. Could he become one? Absolutely. Were there many top strikers that wanted to join available? No. You could go on like this for days there's always an upside and a downside about everything.

I still think they did a very good job considering the circumstances and it's still the job of a coach to be able to form something from the players available. I'm sure Montella could have vetoed Niang's departure for example. It's also his job the have an eye on the youth teams and if needed give someone a chance who would be a better fit in the system but he is not bold enough to do this and maybe even lacks the vision to do so.
unda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 18:24   #128
tuccero9
Senior Team Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unda View Post
This.

People seem to be obsessed with that one player that will make us great, considering our past it's clear where this does come from, we always had that one great player(striker) who elevated our team, from Sheva to Kaka to Ibra.

But the more time goes by the more the game becomes team/tactics oriented, a great team will always beat a good team with great solo players. If individual talent would be this important we would win against most teams in Seria A easily.

Unfortunately for us there are many factors that are much more important in todays game.

Kalinic misses two chances against Inter and people are like fuck the managment we should have buyed a top striker that would have made the difference.

Go and watch some Dortmund games and look how much top chances are wasted by the worldclass striker that is Aubameyeng. But since the system is working he gets enough chances to actually score this much goals.
Or take another look at Bacca at Sevilla and compare that to his stint here or a guy like Immobile who looked like an amateur player at Dortmund and is now one of the most prolific strikers around.

It's all about the system.

But first you have to have one and thats the main problem Milan had in my opinion since Ancelotti era.

Allegri came in and did a good job to organize a good defense unit and go on from there, mostly it was give the ball to Ibra and he will make something happen.

That's the reason I liked Miha this much because since watching Milan for the first time someone tried to build a system where everybody has to contribute, even tough he was very defensiv minded. For the first time I've seen players working hard off the ball according to a scheme.

We need a coach who is obsessed about a idea of football who is not willing to compromise on it, who is willing to build from scratch, who is demanding tactial discipline and a lot of hard work from the players, who is obsessed with every little detail, who gives a clear philosophy for the players to stick to. A good example would be a guy like Van Gaal or Pep or to an lesser extend Conte who would do wonders at Milan. On the other side bringing Ancelotti back would be a disaster in my eyes and I love that guy. I think he would do even worse than Montella.

Montella seems to have a vision but he also seems to lack any real authority. I just don't think he has the right charakter for the task at hand even if he does posses the tactical knowledge required.


I agree with the general concept of your post.
what the team lacks mostly right now is to be a TEAM
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 19:25   #129
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

He's the guy that believed in Borini

i blame all our mistakes on Fassone


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
i wrote a song about a potato, can you please listen to it?

http://picosong.com/H84h/
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 19:50   #130
necromancer
Capocannoniere
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Please be on the phone to Conte at least 3 times a day. That's the one thing you can do right now, thumbeliano.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 15:01   #131
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

sack this guy and hire raiola as transfer director.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 16:30   #132
Boban1982
Scudetto 18
 
Boban1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
sack this guy and hire raiola as transfer director.
I would rather support Inter than have that lardy shit any where near Milan.


Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 19:04   #133
Sage
Phase 2
 
Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default

well since 2 inter rejects are running the club, it's the closest thing you can have to supporting inter.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 11:36   #134
irkuysm
World Cup Winner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default

Fraud. I'm on Raiola side now.
irkuysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 20:14   #135
jawz10
Milinkovic Savage
 
jawz10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default

We have to assume that things haven’t changed enough or at all within this team, considering we’re getting similar if not worse results overall. In that case, the blame needs to be laid at those who built the team, or rather, failed to do so competently.

The issue isn’t that the players purchased aren’t good enough, they simply didn’t address our weaknesses. Calhanoglu, Biglia, Kessie, Borini, Kalinic, Andre Silva are good additions to an already functioning team. However, this team was never operating at its peak. The spine of the team has become worse, because now we have Bonucci in it and he’s not a real central defender in comparison to more natural defenders. He offers something different from every other defender in the world, but we need his defensive skills more than playmaking right now.

The midfield still has the same players except for Kessie. That IMO is a problem. In fact, any player who is here now who was here for the last several years of mediocrity have to go. I mean namely Montolivo and Abate, hell even Bonaventura needs to go if he won’t accept a bench role.

This team needs to be blown up and put back together from scratch. Anything else is just adding sugar to shit.
jawz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 21:18   #136
Curupira
AC Milan Icon
 
Curupira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
How can you not see the changes being created.. we did well for large chunks of game against Juve, Inter and Roma but the lack of a clinical finisher penalized us. To me it has never been as simple as it is this season. We continue to ignore the striker position, we continue to be stuck in mediocrity.
What is most concerning is the fact that we have not been "ignoring" the striker position.

This past summer we spent a large chunk of our budget on strikers 25m + 40m.

The summer before that, we went for freebies + loan with options for other positions but spent 10m on Lapadula.

The summer before that, we splashed on Bacca and Luiz Adriano. Also a significant chunk of that mercato.


Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 02:07   #137
The Bear
World Cup Winner
 
The Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Default

Kindly resign you fucking clown.
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 03:12   #138
Qaas
Mystery Guy
 
Qaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Danmark
Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Official: Massimiliano Mirabelli Thread

Fuck you for signing borini and chalanalolo
Even gallianis worst years >> you


Signature
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 03:56   #139
Dzidzius
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Fuck you for signing borini and chalanalolo
Even gallianis worst years >> you
I agree with that so far. I really donít understand what the fuck is happening there.
Dzidzius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 04:17   #140
helloAgain
World Cup Winner
 
helloAgain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: kathmandu
Default

we lack pace and creativity. that's what's going on.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:02.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.