Lorenzo De Silvestri

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
THe press is tired of making De Silvestri close on Milan as many people have known that, they are waiting an official statement just like we are:D

yeah unfortunately though, the news on milannews said that an announcement could come at any time this month and depends on who fins a clu out of kala and oddo, if kaladze is wanted by bayern then we'll give lazio oddo and vice-versa

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about the deal possibly taking this whole month if we didn't play Inter so soon. We need him for the derby. Then again, I'll be happy if we get him, period.

PromoDawg

Primavera
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about the deal possibly taking this whole month if we didn't play Inter so soon. We need him for the derby. Then again, I'll be happy if we get him, period.

Isn't he out for the month with a knee? So he would miss the derby either way

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
but kaladze is twice as good as them, kaladze gets a lot of bad press nowadays, yeah his contract is shocking, but that was signed when he was good and we had money to splash. he is practically permanently injured but that didn't make us insult nesta did it, nesta has had back problems for the last 3 years while kala has had knee problems for the last 3 years aswell.

if kaladze was to play regularly then he would show his talent, he's a great backup and if he was injury free then he would be much better

eh... he was solid for a little while as long as he was paired with someone much better (nesta,paolo) to cover for him... ignoring the injuries he has been extremely error prone every time hes played in the past couple years...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
irregardless of oddo or kaladze, i'm almost positive we will have to pick up majority of there salary as lazio wont pay it.

both run out in 2011

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
irregardless of oddo or kaladze, i'm almost positive we will have to pick up majority of there salary as lazio wont pay it.

both run out in 2011

What happened with the interest from Bayern in Kaladze?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

both run out in 2011

One thing I credit Berlusconi with is his insistence on cutting back on wages. It kind of sucks that the pullback included Kaka, but we sold him for a great deal and it can be argued whether or not he was really earning those wages post-2007. The club fell into a trap by paying Dida, Kala, Seedorf, Oddo, and others high wages over several years despite the fact that they were well on the wrong side of 30. Berlusconi has made it clear that he wants Milan to survive well beyond his death, and part of it is cutting back on wages and being more intelligent in the way that we purchase players.

Now, I think adding De Silvestri would be a great move in the right direction, which I hope will be continued next year. I think we can all agree that we have had a pretty poor summer, but I'd be happy to have the opportunity to build a new Milan around De Silvestri, Pato, Flamini, Silva, Abate, and Huntelaar. That's six players under 26 that could all make their way into the starting line up by next year... Bring in Marschetti and three others and we'll be in good shape after next summer.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
One thing I credit Berlusconi with is his insistence on cutting back on wages. It kind of sucks that the pullback included Kaka, but we sold him for a great deal and it can be argued whether or not he was really earning those wages post-2007. The club fell into a trap by paying Dida, Kala, Seedorf, Oddo, and others high wages over several years despite the fact that they were well on the wrong side of 30. Berlusconi has made it clear that he wants Milan to survive well beyond his death, and part of it is cutting back on wages and being more intelligent in the way that we purchase players.

Now, I think adding De Silvestri would be a great move in the right direction, which I hope will be continued next year. I think we can all agree that we have had a pretty poor summer, but I'd be happy to have the opportunity to build a new Milan around De Silvestri, Pato, Flamini, Silva, Abate, and Huntelaar. That's six players under 26 that could all make their way into the starting line up by next year... Bring in Marschetti and three others and we'll be in good shape after next summer.

about marchetti

i pray that next year we will get rid of dida(omg what money do we pay for his ass?) flavio roma and maybe storari...

i want to see this:

abbiati
marchetti
one young talented italian goalkeeper(about 19 years old)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
about marchetti

i pray that next year we will get rid of dida(omg what money do we pay for his ass?) flavio roma and maybe storari...

i want to see this:

abbiati
marchetti

Can I partner you with the pray?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i think its clear milan plan to get younger little by little. We have signed so many poor contracts we are cash strapped. Even in restructuring some and losing kaka.... we simply don't generate the revenue to pay the wages we do.....

i truly believe berlusconi WANTS to get younger, but i don't think its as feasible as everyone says. Selling oddo and kaladze and dida is easier said than done. Teams which would take them can't afford the contracts they have signed. We'd still have to pay them in other words...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i think its clear milan plan to get younger little by little. We have signed so many poor contracts we are cash strapped. Even in restructuring some and losing kaka.... we simply don't generate the revenue to pay the wages we do.....

i truly believe berlusconi WANTS to get younger, but i don't think its as feasible as everyone says. Selling oddo and kaladze and dida is easier said than done. Teams which would take them can't afford the contracts they have signed. We'd still have to pay them in other words...

Why don't they prefer first team over money? :(

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I think to be fair with Milan losing around 8 players or more this summer & mainly just bring back afew loan players plus Huntelaar Milan are now in proper shape with how wages should be compared to income & this will only get better over the next year.

Milan's wage bill now is miles lower than Inter & Juve.

Some wage increases in the past where not done right like with Dida, Kaladze & Kaka'. Kaka' to go up 9 million net in 6 years(from 1 million to 10 million, in reality this was 20 million with tax) is crazy & it was set to go up more until the club realised it was crippling them.

Hopefully they give the right players the right contracts from now on & I think we are seeing this with Ambrosini yet to sign.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
about marchetti

i want to see this:

abbiati
marchetti

I think we will have that but I also think that we will bring back Coppola from Atalanta to be that third choice.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think to be fair with Milan losing around 8 players or more this summer & mainly just bring back afew loan players plus Huntelaar Milan are now in proper shape with how wages should be compared to income & this will only get better over the next year.

Milan's wage bill now is miles lower than Inter & Juve.

Some wage increases in the past where not done right like with Dida, Kaladze & Kaka'. Kaka' to go up 9 million net in 6 years(from 1 million to 10 million, in reality this was 20 million with tax) is crazy & it was set to go up more until the club realised it was crippling them.

Hopefully they give the right players the right contracts from now on & I think we are seeing this with Ambrosini yet to sign.

Not by my estimation. We have only shed a little. I think we r still above juve

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score

both run out in 2011

are oddo's wages that high?... if they are it must have been from the original contract we gave him because i dont remember him signing an extension... i could be wrong tho..

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Milan's wage bill was meant to be 173 million gross & this has been cut by around just over 50 million from last year.

Kaka' 20 million
Senderos 5 million
Shevchenko 8 million
Emerson 7 million
Beckham 5 million
Maldini 4 million
Kalac 2 million
Mattioni 1 million
Ancelotti 6 million

Huntelaar of course earns adecent wage & other loan players have come back etc.

I thought that Milan where just above Juve before these big cuts, I could be wrong.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score

i think juve have signed their fair amount of bad contracts that they got stuck with... i could have sworn i read an article about that recently...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's wage bill was meant to be 173 million gross & this has been cut by around just over 50 million from last year.

Kaka' 20 million
Senderos 5 million
Shevchenko 8 million
Emerson 7 million
Beckham 5 million
Maldini 4 million
Kalac 2 million
Mattioni 1 million
Ancelotti 6 million

I thought that Milan where just above Juve before these big cuts, I could be wrong.

hurts........:head:

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Kaka' 20 million
Senderos 5 million
Shevchenko 8 million
Emerson 7 million
Beckham 5 million
Maldini 4 million
Kalac 2 million
Mattioni 1 million
Ancelotti 6 million

wait wait wait, your telling me Puma Emerson was earning more than our beloved MALDINI! :head:

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
wait wait wait, your telling me Puma Emerson was earning more than our beloved MALDINI! :head:

Paolo agreed to receive small amounts because of his age(if you can call 4 million small).

You have to have something seriously wrong with you to pay Emerson that money, I would'nt even have given it him in his prime & he was agood player then.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
oh right I forgot about paolo but wasnt he giving half of his wages to a charity during his last season? :proud:

Anyway im sure getting rid of the older overpayed players is one of our priorities. I think paying some of Oddos wages when he is with Lazio isnt too bad as long as we get Silvestri.

On a side note what is pirlos wages?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo agreed to receive small amounts because of his age(if you can call 4 million small).

You have to have something seriously wrong with you to pay Emerson that money, I would'nt even have given it him in his prime & he was agood player then.

I just still cannot believe the Emerson purchase. He earned A LOT, and took the spot from GOURCUFF!!! who earned Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less...
(that's how I remember it? Emerson in, Gourcuff out loan?)

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
(that's how I remember it? Emerson in, Gourcuff out loan?)

thats oversimplified... gou wasnt in competition with emerson for a spot... gou may be doing well now and he would be nice to have in the squad but hes still yet to prove he can play any sort of deeper midfield role...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thats oversimplified... gou wasnt in competition with emerson for a spot... gou may be doing well now and he would be nice to have in the squad but hes still yet to prove he can play any sort of deeper midfield role...

I don't see them as the same types of player, but I thought to remember words like ''Emerson is better than Gourcuff'' from Ancelotti...

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't see them as the same types of player, but I thought to remember words like ''Emerson is better than Gourcuff'' from Ancelotti...

i think you are confusing things carlo actually said with things people on this forum claim carlo said... they arent the same.

barosicky

Beginner
Reaction score
kaladze + few millions for Breno....
oddo + few millions for silvestri...l.

now milan have a younger team....

Schedule