Sampdoria VS Milan - 21/8

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
These highlights do not work form me, it gives me some crap about codecs??? Any idea whats wrong with my stupid machine???

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Kyara said:
To be honest I didn't enjoy the game today, particularly the second half. The defense looked absolutely horrible, but I wouldn't expect anything more from Billy, Kaladze and Simic. I must also point out that Vieri wastes way too much, he did that today, he did that with Italy a few days ago, in fact that's how he's always been. I'm not trying to criticize him 'cause I never really liked him, but all I'm saying is that he should have more concentration in front of the goal.

We should use the 3 men defense very carefully because counter attacks could absolutely kill us. The players on each flank (Marek or Cafu) in the midfield should pay some more attention to the defense because both of them can be weaknesses as well as strengths if our opponents use that space to break in. I'm also starting to notice that the team's focus is usually on the right flank and that's normal because we didn't have someone who could create chances or cross like Cafu does. But now that Marek's here, I believe things must change and the midfield should become more versatile because Cafu can get injured any minute and we should not be dependant on one player all the time.

However, I'm optimistic about both Ricky and Cafu's form and I pray they both continue this way En Sha Allah because without them, unfortunately things tend to get a little davestating in the midfield. Pirlo seems to be a lot more lively now than the way he ended last season and Rino is hmmm, Rino is just Rino :)

I think that's enough complaining for now.

FORZA MILAN!!!

I don’t like vieri either.
But 2 b honest he is doing well till now.
He scored in every game he played.
So maybe he could b useful 2 us after all.
But if u really ask me I think we should consider Ardemagni as our 3rd striker option.

So defense was terrible but as u said we cant expect more from Stam-Simic-Costacurta.

About the 3 man defense its risky only coz we r playing it wrong.
Its all about the DM & the flanks.
We need 2 play with 2 PURE DM.
This mean no Seedorf.
First priority of our 2 DM should b covering our flanks when our 2 flanks r attacking.
Our flanks shouldn’t worry much about defending.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Wild said:
This mean no Seedorf.
First priority of our 2 DM should b covering our flanks when our 2 flanks r attacking.
2 DMs only leaves room for one attacking midfielder (if we play according to Silvio's mandate :tongue: ). The whole point of the 3-man defense, according to Carlo, is to increase our attacking potential while also giving ourselves more options in defense. I don't think we'd need 2 DMs (discounting Pirlo, Rino + Ambro are too deficient in other departments to sacrifice two starting spots for them :o ) as theoretically when we go forward one of the defenders would have free range to move forward a bit + cover the flanks, as you said. As for the flanks themselves, the advantage is that Marek + Cafu (ok, him not so much :D ) can also drop down + help defend, thus temporarily creating a 5-man defense.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
About the 3 man defense its risky only coz we r playing it wrong.
Its all about the DM & the flanks.
This mean no Seedorf.
But that's the thing with Milan, we can't play with 2 DMs because as Milan*7 said, that'll mean we either have to sacrifice Pirlo or Ricky in order to field 2 strikers. And honestly I don't think that's likely to happen now that we got Gila and Vieri, which means that we'll have to make as much room as we can for pure strikers like those two. That's why I'm worried about the 3 men defense formation 'cause if we can't play with two DMs and both flanks can't pay attention to the defense, we'll be in trouble.

I'd use this formation against the smaller sides who play with 9 men at the back and make it almost impossible for us to score. But even then I'd be very very careful.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan*7 said:
2 DMs only leaves room for one attacking midfielder (if we play according to Silvio's mandate :tongue: ). The whole point of the 3-man defense, according to Carlo, is to increase our attacking potential while also giving ourselves more options in defense. I don't think we'd need 2 DMs (discounting Pirlo, Rino + Ambro are too deficient in other departments to sacrifice two starting spots for them :o ) as theoretically when we go forward one of the defenders would have free range to move forward a bit + cover the flanks, as you said. As for the flanks themselves, the advantage is that Marek + Cafu (ok, him not so much :D ) can also drop down + help defend, thus temporarily creating a 5-man defense.

Its exactly what I want.
Playing like that will give kaka more room 2 move.
And it give our 2 Flanks freedom 2 attack not worrying much about defense.

This doesn’t mean they wont defend.
They will but they will wont worry about the counter attack like when we play in a 4-4-2 formation.
Coz we will have em coverd with our DM.

Also when we play with 2 DM this will relief more our 3 CD & will allow em 2 mark strikers of the other team without worrying much about covering our 2 Flanks.

Witch mean our 3 CD will basically cover strikers while our DM will defende our side when there is a counter attack.
I mean if the opposite team is playing with 2 strikers this mean 2 of our CD will mark em & we will have 1 free CD behind em.

Of course it wont b always like that.
But basically this is it.

Also if we play with a good offside trap this might help a lot.
Sine doing an offside trap is easier with 3 players than 4.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Given the lengthy load time, the clips are disappointingly short. But still, thanks millions for sharing them. :)

Edit: The links for Sampdoria hit back and Sampdoria equalise are the same. I can't find the one for the equalizer.

Last edited:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Given the lengthy load time, the clips are disappointingly short. But still, thanks millions for sharing them. :)

Edit: The links for Sampdoria hit back and Sampdoria equalise are the same. I can't find the one for the equalizer.
You'll find everything in the highlights Besi posted :)
pippoinzag}{i said:
Thanks Kyara, it still didn't work tho, yet i managed to watch the highlights from the official site. Strange. I guess it's something to do with my graphics card or something.
Many people faced the same problem so my guess is that there's something wrong with the file itself :)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
that's the kaka we know...:)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey guys.

Don’t u think Kaka’s goal is a “ DÉJÀ VU “?

I mean I remember Kaka scoring this kind of goals 2 times @ least.
I mean speciall the way he shoot the ball.
Its Kaka style babe. :D

Schedule