AC Milan's Financial Situation Thread

Idmilanista

Beginner
Reaction score
milan is joking with the emotions of we fans by not doing what is ought to be done,we need to overhaul our team and go back to the milan used to be,i could remember milan sold shevchenko then for the lots of money chelsea brought and we all see what happen then, we sold kaka same way also for the money,we are busy investing and forgeting about we fans emotions,i hope we will not make such mistake again i heard chelsea and madrid is desperate to have pato,we should not make the mistake of selling him or we are gonna regret it.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Milan market in the hands of Fininvest
17.04.2010 10:15 di Federica Barbi articolo letto 3075 volte 17.04.2010 10:15 Federica Barbi article read 3075 times
Fonte: Gazzetta dello Sport Source: Gazzetta dello Sport
© foto di Image Agency © Photo Image Agency

Il mercato estivo del Milan passa per via Paleocapa. The summer market of Milan Paleocapa passes by. L'appuntamento è per il 23 aprile, quando i vertici di Finnvest dovranno approvare il bilancio del 2009. The date is April 23, when the leaders of Finnvest to approve the 2009 budget. Un giorno importante perchè verrà stabilito il budget a disposizione della società rossonera che potrà quindi impostare le prime strategie per la prossima stagione. An important day because it will set the budget available to the Rossoneri company that will then set the first strategies for next season. Dopo la cessione di Kakà il disavanzo si è ridotto da 70 a 10 milioni di euro, quindi i conti della società di Via Turati non dovrebbero essere poi tanto in rosso. After the sale of Kaka, the deficit was reduced from 70 to 10 million euros, and the company's accounts in Via Turati should not be that much red. Nonostante ciò, vige sempre la linea che la società ha deciso di percorrere negli ultimi anni: no alle spese folli. Nevertheless, the line always exists that the company decided to go in recent years: say no to spending spree. Questa politica economica potrebbe ovviamente porre dei limiti alla campagna di rafforzamento di cui la squadra avrebbe un gran bisogno. E' anche vero che nei suoi tanti anni di presidenza, Berlusconi non ha fatto mancare niente al suo Milan , ma la cessione di Kakà ha dato la sensazione di un'inversione di tendenza. This economic policy would obviously impose limits on campaign strengthened where the team would have a great need. It 'also true that in his many years of presidency, Berlusconi did not miss anything in his Milan, but the sale of Kaka gave the sensation of a turnaround. Tra non molto i tifosi potranno farsi un'idea sulle intenzioni della società per il prossimo mercato. Not be long before fans can get an idea about the intentions of the company for the next market. Appuntamento in via Paleocapa. Appointment as a Paleocapa. Il futuro passa da lì. The future goes from there.

Google translate http://translate.google.com/transla...eotf=1&u=http://www.milannews.it/&sl=it&tl=en

Why does Fininvest decide this? I don't really understand.

Btw, so apparently the debt is only 10 million nowadays so all the money that is available can be spend ;)

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Goal.com:

Milan Won't Spend Big In The Summer - Report
The club's transfer budget will be approved next week, but fans have been told not to hold their breath, according to reports...

Milan will not be entering any grandiose spending schemes during the summer transfer market because president Silvio Berlusconi will not allocate extravagant funds for new players, claims La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The club's transfer budget for 2010 will be approved next Friday when Berlusconi's holding company Fininvest, who control Milan, gathers for their annual general meeting.

Milan's economic deficit has been curbed after the sale of Kaka to Real Madrid last year which saw their debt slashed from €70 million to €10m.

However, despite the upturn in finances, Gazzetta forecasts there will be no major spending. Gone are the days when Berlusconi injected cash into the club.

And fans will have a clearer picture of what Leonardo will be doing in relation to transfers by the end of term.

Reaction score
[url said:
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_AC-Milan_340003.html[/url]

The Rossoneri emerged as a European force in the late 1980s with the signing of Dutch stars Marco Van Basten and Ruud Gullit and remain one of Europe's top teams, noted for a formidable defense.

i just LOL'ed for minute.....or two

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
80 mln per Milano e Lombardia da Milan e Inter in Champions

80 mln per Milano e Lombardia da Milan e Inter in Champions

20.04.2010 12:45 di Alessandro Chiatto articolo letto 383 volte
Fonte: Il Sole24Ore

© foto di Federico De Luca
Notizie positive per l'economia lombarda dal mondo del calcio. Complessivamente la Champions League, con tutti i match casalinghi giocati da Inter e Milan, ha generato un indotto turistico stimato a quasi 80 milioni di euro. La stima è della Camera di Commercio di Monza e Brianza. Inoltre, il brand dello Stadio Meazza di San Siro con le due squadre Inter e Milan vale circa 30 miliardi come ritorno di immagine internazionale per Milano.

Good News :)

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Google Translated...

80 million for Milan and Lombardy Milan and Inter in the Champions

Lombard positive news for the economy from the world of football. Overall, the Champions League with all home matches played by Inter and Milan, has generated an induced tourism estimated at almost 80 million. The estimate of the Chamber of Commerce of Monza and Brianza. Moreover, the brand San Siro Stadium with both teams Inter and Milan is worth about 30 billion international image as a return to Milan.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
jube have more income than us :eek: given they are building a new stadium :conf: wtf is going on mr G?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Amazing how poor milan is run at the mo, and it was only 2007 since we where euro champs.

on the contrary we have zero debt and running in operating income of 41 million, i hope player wages are already deducted if not we are fucked cause we have the costliest wage bill in italy along with inter merda

i am amazing the way the jube are balancing their books, but after all they are owned by rich family and i am not sure but i heard there stocks are listed somewhere(might by wrong)

but a new stadium and having a +51 million profit after playing in serie b two years ago amaze me.

they have good people to manage their book, anyway i hope next year we can see our cl profits(real madrid+ manure games along with cl money)

hope we invest for future,i would love to see few of our old stars gettign axed for example entire defensive bench except boner and nesta, pippo gattuso one among seedorf & pirlo of course out of three we need only one goal keeper as sub for storari.

we are not going to splash this season. but we can always buy young players, seeing loris and cissokho in semi final hurts me :(

warl

Beginner
Reaction score
Actually, these results are better than what i would have thought. Remember that both CL revenue and salary-cuts are just efficient for the last half of the year.

Financial aspects like interests, dividends, stadium costs etc is not included in the numbers.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Tomorrow we should know more about our financial situation because then there should be this meeting where then the budget for the transfer summer will be made official.
I hope we will hear good news from there, though I doubt it, but now that also Paolo Maldini has officially said we need to invest they may listen to him and actually do it.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
^^ They listen to know one. Maldini has zero influence on what will or will not be spent next year.

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Actually, these results are better than what i would have thought. Remember that both CL revenue and salary-cuts are just efficient for the last half of the year.

Financial aspects like interest, dividends, stadium costs etc is not included in the numbers.

That is an interesting point who providing the facility for milan debts i don't remember any statements about milan getting a overdraft/ loan from a bank and that would mean we secured our loan with fininvest. would the berlusconi be crazy enough to charge Milan interest on a overdraft/ loan i wouldn't think so.

As for paying dividend berlusconi isn't like the glazers thank god I really wouldn't expect him to get any dividend payments and as for minority various shareholders without seeing the books i would reckon we would payout 25-30 million in dividend each season which includes management bonuses and company performance payments.

other than running costs like staff etc maintainance and development cost for the san siro should be covered in the rates Milan pays the council.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How can we know that 25 million is our transfer budget for the summer? Tomorrow they will meet and discuss it so how can the media know what the amount is of a budget that hasn't even been discussed until tomorrow?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Predictions.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, even if its 60 million or 10 million. Tomorrow it probably will stay 25 milion because Galliani would never say (logicaly) the amount we can spend. That would be a awfull strategy. I would be surprised with our first million euro signing, and still pray for a second one, and a third one, so on so on. We won't know hom much money is available to spend untill the transfer window closes ;). So they can predict their asses of, we won't know.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^ They listen to know one. Maldini has zero influence on what will or will not be spent next year.

Yes, I know that, they never listen to anyone, would they have cared about the thoughts of others in the past, we would have a better squad now.
I just ment it's good that also Paolo said something about it officially, I don't know if it will change anything. I haven't meant it that serious.

adieet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
if im right...2012 uefa wont allow a club with debt to participate in the uefa league/cup ? berlu's are supporting it right ?
we're one steap ahead ? well...need a very good eye's....to find those free/cheap player...
if not. its just a matter of stingy berlu's. at least stay healthy with no debt...but..hope we'll win something :rolleyes::rolleyes:. this season was very good....with current policies

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Average Gate in Serie A

AC Milan

2009/10- 41,465
2008/9- 58,722
2007/8- 57,000
2006/7- 51,800
2005/6- 58,525
2004/5- 62,580
2003/4- 62,692
2002/3- 64,446

Inter:
2009/10- 49, 125
2008/9- 55,268
2007/8- 59,054
2006/7- 40,850
2005/6- 52,597
2004/5- 55,124
2003/4- 55,924
2002/3- 62,228

---------

Think there isn't a correlation between product on the field and fan's coming out? You will make more money with better players. As of now, Milan are looking at close to 330,000 less tickets sold for Serie A matches, which is a huge loss in match day revenue

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
jesus, 40k? in a stadium so big? I knew it was bad... but not THAT bad :eek:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
jesus, 40k? in a stadium so big? I knew it was bad... but not THAT bad :eek:

But when you see the stadium during the matches it always looks like being half empty, so I'm sure those figures are true and not so surprising.
The stadium is for about 80k, so 40k means the stadium is half empty, really bad for a club like Milan, we should at least have an average of 60k.

I'm a bit surprised though that Inter are not really better than us and also only have nearly 50k in the stadium. They're fighting for titles, but also don't have so much more attendance.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just can't understand that people don't go to the games. If i lived in Italy i would go to San Siro every game. Also, tickets are very cheap for the Italians.

I'm working extra shifts this month so i can pay for my trip to Milan - Juve and those lazy bastards have to travel 30 minutes & pay 15 euro's but still won't go.

I'm a bit surprised though that Inter are not really better than us and also only have nearly 50k in the stadium. They're fighting for titles, but also don't have so much more attendance.
I'd rather watch paint to dry then to go to the Inter games every week. Its just awfull.
Those so called supporters (since Calciopoli :rolleyes:) only are in the stadium when there is some silverware. Gloryhunters.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Our financial situation is awesome. We got taht shir COVERED with the sale of poopshit

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
It's a disgrace that Silvio spends hundreds of thousands on women to keep his affairs secret and buy them presents. Yet our beloved club suffers. The ultras are right, he must leave!!!