The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 02-09-2014, 13:18   #121
Sovilhelm
Maestro

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN

Hope he benches Justin Bieber

Signature
CHINAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Sovilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 13:50   #122
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

what the hell why is everyone saying that's he's a CM when the other everyone says he's never played CM?

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 14:02   #123
markovic
World Cup Winner

He's not a CM, Inzaghi will probably try to play him there, like he did with Saponara, but he surely won't start at CM right away... I think Muntari - De Jong - Poli will play again vs Parma

Signature
markovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 14:07   #124
Randomername
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Ibracadabra Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by damn View Post
great defender.....reminds me of nesta
Don't worry I get the joke lmao best Milan one in awhile very clever. It's even funnier other "fans" thought you were serious

Signature
Selling 2007 Red Mercury Milan with Black interior
Randomername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 14:51   #125
Crashie
World Cup Winner

I already love him!!!

Signature

ZLATAN 'THE KING' IBRAHIMOVIC

IN RED AND BLACK I TRUST
[ FAN SINCE 2002 ]

BRIGATE ROSSONERI AC MILAN 1899
7 x UEFA Champions League
18 x Scudetto Serie A
Crashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 14:51   #126
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod-Lod View Post
AC Milan News @Milanello

Galliani: "Bonaventura is a great player, but also a great person. He started crying out of joy when he was signing the contract."
Sognatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 14:52   #127
stefano1991
Gattuso's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
what the hell why is everyone saying that's he's a CM when the other everyone says he's never played CM?
These are the words of his agent...

Role? "May play multiple roles in the 4-3-3 can do both that the midfielder or winger. He has a great spirit of sacrifice, race and great feet."

Inzaghi is converting Saponara to a CM, I believe with Bonaventura he will do the exact same. He has good technique, acceleration and solid workrate. Exactly whats needed from a b2b midfielder. From what I have see he pops up with quite a few goals in the opponents area and notably from headers. Another threat from a set piece.
stefano1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 14:59   #128
milanpalermo23
#IBelieve

Fav. Players: Zlatan, Balotelli, Cristiano Ronaldo

On official webpage

Honda listed as attacker
Bonaventura listed as a CM

BTW, I know this is wrong thread but let's say we play menez at RW and Torres at ST, I feel like honda is too good compared to our other players to start on the bench :/
milanpalermo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 15:31   #129
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
The way u make it out to be, it seems like he is average?? I hope thats not the case. Do u believe he is better than bibiany? Stats suggests no. Btw why is everyone saying he can play LCM?
As far as I know he grew up a trequartista, which is still very prevelant role in all youth development in italy, and where best talents often play (that of CF) and as he got older showed great adaptability.

http://www.football-italia.net/32387...rades%E2%80%A6

Quote:
Boss Stefano Colantuono has primarily used the No 10 as a left sided midfielder in his 4-4-1-1 this season, but he has been asked to play as a Trequartista at times. One such occasion was at Milan in Week 3 when the tactician, somewhat dubiously, switched Bonaventura with Maxi Moralez. Atalanta won 1-0.

“You have to adapt in today’s football,” he states when asked about his use this term. “At this point in time I think that I can play as a left-sided midfielder and I’m happy with that. However, one day I’d like the opportunity to play five games in a row as a Trequartista. Or even in a three-man midfield…”

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 15:33   #130
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
well is this guy that much better than Poli?
1. Poli is good

2. Completely different type of players

-

Personally i don't think either are the player to make the midfield 'click' if you follow. Rather be soldiers who do their job.

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 02-09-2014, 15:35   #131
Sage
Reinmēkā

I'm really disappointed in poli, seems like a headless chicken then the composed cm I thought he would be.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 15:36   #132
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

1 thing ive liked about him (and i wont pretend i know much, i've seen a little but not a lot) is he is adaptable and welcomes the challenge.

He's not a drama queen if he doesn't play his preferred X position role and has showed versatility to play others.

Someone said a poor man's di maria, and i'd say thats actually a reasonable comparison stylistically to his adaptability and work rate. That's a good thing.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 02-09-2014, 15:38   #133
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I'm really disappointed in poli, seems like a headless chicken then the composed cm I thought he would be.
still lacks consistency in that regard.

I'm going to say the gigantic mess milan was last year wasn't ideal for judging anyone. Changing tactics and coaches so often never helps younger guys (or anyone really)

So maybe if pippo can steady the ship, he'll show more consistency. Considering he's shown it in previous clubs, I don't think it's unrealistic.

We'll see

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 02-09-2014, 16:15   #134
stefano1991
Gattuso's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post

I'm going to say the gigantic mess milan was last year wasn't ideal for judging anyone. Changing tactics and coaches so often never helps younger guys (or anyone really)

So maybe if pippo can steady the ship, he'll show more consistency. Considering he's shown it in previous clubs, I don't think it's unrealistic.

We'll see
Poli still has time to mature in the b2b midfielder position.

I'm looking forward to the foundation of our Midfield next year being Montolivo, Poli, Bonaventura and De Jong (If he renews).

Essien will be gone (Hopefully) which should see Saponara get more game time (If not sign a creative young mid and loan Sapo), whilst Muntari will slowly be transitioned out of the first team come next season.
Old 02-09-2014, 16:17   #135
romlakers
World Cup Winner

Quote:

We'll see
I consider Bonaventura better than Poli. For me he's in the level between Poli and Montolivo. We should play in midfield, he will be better there than on wing( lacks a bit of speed).

About Poli, i was pretty happy when we got him, but the more i see him, the more i'm disappointed. He's not bad, but he doesn't bring much and i struggle to see what are his qualities. Sure he never gives up, but he isn't the best when it comes to defend and steal the ball from the adversaries. And offensively he's limited. A good squad player but nothing more. Bonaventura will be above him.
romlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:28   #136
stefano1991
Gattuso's Understudy

Quote:
As far as I know he grew up a trequartista, which is still very prevelant role in all youth development in italy, and where best talents often play (that of CF) and as he got older showed great adaptability.

http://www.football-italia.net/32387...rades%E2%80%A6
Was reading through this article and couldn't but help notice this part....

"Bonaventura, clocked as a 12-year-old by the club, has been at Zingonia since the age of 15 after impressing the outfit’s talent scout Antonio Bongiorni – a man who also delivered Atalanta the likes of Giampaolo Pazzini and Riccardo Montolivo."
Old 02-09-2014, 16:33   #137
romlakers
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano1991 View Post

"Bonaventura, clocked as a 12-year-old by the club, has been at Zingonia since the age of 15 after impressing the outfit’s talent scout Antonio Bongiorni – a man who also delivered Atalanta the likes of Giampaolo Pazzini and Riccardo Montolivo."
An in the future Baselli i hope.
romlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:41   #138
Panache
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I'm kind of disappointed with him too after a bright start to the season last year he slowly declined into a headless chicken type. Part of it is because of what Senatore mentioned: that the whole team was average last year, but I believe we're also playing him out of position. In all his previous clubs he was actually a regista or played in a double pivot role. He's certainly having to adapt to this b2b role at Milan so I say one more season under Pippo should make it clear if he can be a starter in the future or just a bench option.
Panache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 16:55   #139
BrasilianMilan
Eternal Rossonero

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Nesta, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Calhanoglu, Romagnoli, Biglia, Bonucci

Great signing, better than Biabiany (too bad we couldn't get rid of Zaccardo,oh well). I remember that we were tracking him briefly in July or so, and the fact we got him instead of Inter makes it that much sweeter!!

Forza

Signature
BrasilianMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 17:02   #140
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by romlakers View Post
I consider Bonaventura better than Poli. For me he's in the level between Poli and Montolivo. We should play in midfield, he will be better there than on wing( lacks a bit of speed).

About Poli, i was pretty happy when we got him, but the more i see him, the more i'm disappointed. He's not bad, but he doesn't bring much and i struggle to see what are his qualities. Sure he never gives up, but he isn't the best when it comes to defend and steal the ball from the adversaries. And offensively he's limited. A good squad player but nothing more. Bonaventura will be above him.
From what i've seen, just uncomparable..... different style/roles.

You could be right on level but eitherway just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano1991 View Post

atalanta is 1 of best clubs at developing players.

consistently produce serie A level players.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB