The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I wonder how stupid Fassone is going to feel that he couldn't wait until the end of the season to make a decision on Gattuso when you'll have Conte and maybe Sarri as possible coaching candidates that might be available. Maybe even Ancelotti should he not land any of the Premier League jobs. He would still attract names to come to Milan as well.

well i am glad that fassone is in fact smart enough to realize the importance of maintaining a link to the identity of this club....this does not come from the ownership as it had for 3 decades, it is now rino gattuso. conte and sarri cannot give this...paul singer or xyz owner neither

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I wonder how stupid Fassone is going to feel that he couldn't wait until the end of the season to make a decision on Gattuso when you'll have Conte and maybe Sarri as possible coaching candidates that might be available.

numerous reasons: they want to show their trust in gattuso, want to start new project for next season asap, they believe gattuso suits milan more than conte and sarri, actually even if they wait nothing so sure that we will have conte or sarri next season, ofc they have better offers from some better club out there

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That would mean one of Cutorne or Silva would be moved on. No 20+ strikers are available for us. Belotti is a gamble we would be forced to try.

Aspas or Thauvin over Callejon. Martial and Guedes are the most promising young left wingers.

Martial is probably way out of our price range. Guedes would be a good option as well and has no future at PSG. Does Valencia have some sort of option to keep him?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Martial is probably way out of our price range. Guedes would be a good option as well and has no future at PSG. Does Valencia have some sort of option to keep him?

They would like to extend the loan at the very least. If we're still good with Mendes that would be a smart move to make.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
numerous reasons: they want to show their trust in gattuso, want to start new project for next season asap, they believe gattuso suits milan more than conte and sarri, actually even if they wait nothing so sure that we will have conte or sarri next season, ofc they have better offers from some better club out there

Conte I don't know if he has another club lined up. PSG looks like they are hiring Tuchel. At most maybe a return to the Italian national team? Or maybe he decides to take a year off and collect whatever money Chelsea still owes him. That would be another great option for us as well in case Gattuso doesn't work out.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They would like to extend the loan at the very least. If we're still good with Mendes that would be a smart move to make.

Di Maria may also be an option as well with Mendes if he moves on from PSG. Regardless at this point we need established star players to carry us to that next level into the top 4 and Serie A contention. We have enough young guys. Can't look at age as an excuse not to go for them.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
That would mean one of Cutorne or Silva would be moved on. No 20+ strikers are available for us. Belotti is a gamble we would be forced to try.

sell kalinic, we can have 3 strikers like this season, we use 4-4-2 occasionally

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Di Maria may also be an option as well with Mendes if he moves on from PSG. At this point we need established star players to carry us to that next level into the top 4 and Serie A contention. We have enough young guys.

We do have enough youth but, if the most promising become an option then they have to be considered. Di Maria earns too much. Next season he will be free if still at PSG.

Cavani is the perfect striker for us, unfortunately impossible to bring here atm.

sell kalinic, we can have 3 strikers like this season, we use 4-4-2 occasionally

Three young strikers is looking at the long term. The management can say what they want... if we fail to make top 4 next season then it's curtains for this project.

Last edited:

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
I wonder how stupid Fassone is going to feel that he couldn't wait until the end of the season to make a decision on Gattuso when you'll have Conte and maybe Sarri as possible coaching candidates that might be available. Maybe even Ancelotti should he not land any of the Premier League jobs. He would still attract names to come to Milan as well.

Ssssh don’t use logic here. Grinta boys will get triggered

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Three young strikers is looking at the long term. The management can say what they want... if we fail to make top 4 next season then it's curtains for this project.

we wont bring belotti or whoever the next striker is here for long term

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cavani is the perfect striker for us, unfortunately impossible to bring here atm.

I'm guessing they go Belotti or if they want someone with experience that probably won't cost much that can make a quick impact then they go Dzeko. Forget about the long term talk. Getting into the top 4 ASAP is vital for this club not just for the money it brings, but for who it will attract. They shouldn't be worrying about how old someone is right now.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Sassuolo CEO Giovanni Carnevali admits Domenico Berardi “is no longer what he was in recent years”.

The forward was co-owned by Juventus until 2015, and was coveted by all of Serie A’s leading lights.

Buy only if he’s 5mil max.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
id still take Berardi for 15-20m rather than Callejon for the same price

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Fuck both Berardi and callejon.....completely mediocre players

If Suso leaves Thauvin may well be a good option for a similar price range (someone mentioned last page). A goal scoring and assist threat from wide, that is comfortable cutting inside and playing passes, and has the pace and dribbling ability to be a ball carrier; which this team sorely lacks.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
I'm guessing they go Belotti or if they want someone with experience that probably won't cost much that can make a quick impact then they go Dzeko. Forget about the long term talk. Getting into the top 4 ASAP is vital for this club not just for the money it brings, but for who it will attract. They shouldn't be worrying about how old someone is right now.

Agreed. It's either Belotti or Dzeko for next season. Mirabelli will be camped outside Belotti's house come the 21st of May.

Exactly. Looking at the longer term strategy is filling the team with young players.

Looks like Arsenal will get get our old Adidas contract and some. How the mighty continue to fall.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
well i am glad that fassone is in fact smart enough to realize the importance of maintaining a link to the identity of this club....this does not come from the ownership as it had for 3 decades, it is now rino gattuso. conte and sarri cannot give this...paul singer or xyz owner neither

What the fuck are you talking about?
Are you seriously suggesting that it's important to keep a link to the "identity" of the club over actually achieving results? :fp:

By that logic if we had to re-sign Pippo over Conte we should choose Pippo. Our "identity" is more linked with success on the international stage more than with any one person.

Gattuso should indeed PROVE what he can do within a reasonable time frame. And if he can't....legend or not he has to go. Supposed we completely implode in our remaining games....would he have proven himself worthy of being our manager for the next three years?

This doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for the guy. But there are definitely questions about the timing of this decision. I would at the very least have liked to see us show that we have fully recovered from the Arsenal game.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Fuck both Berardi and callejon.....completely mediocre players

If Suso leaves Thauvin may well be a good option for a similar price range (someone mentioned last page). A goal scoring and assist threat from wide, that is comfortable cutting inside and playing passes, and has the pace and dribbling ability to be a ball carrier; which this team sorely lacks.

:monto:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. It's either Belotti or Dzeko for next season. Mirabelli will be camped outside Belotti's house come the 21st of May.

Exactly. Looking longer strategy is filling the team with young players.

Looks like Arsenal will get get our old Adidas contract and some. How the mighty continue to fall.

If these are the options then belotti.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
What happened to Jankto? will he be replacing average Jack..

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I certainly believe conte/saari will get us a lot closer to achieving that ambition than gattuso will.

Let’s be serious gattuso isn’t on the same coaching level of those two at all.

That’s why I just wanted Gattuso as interim manager and then wait till summer to see what to do.

Gattuso is a legend no doubt, but he’s more of a mascot/cheer leader than a high level coach imo.

As always I’m happy to be proven wrong by him.

At the very least you should acknowledge the positive changes that Gattuso has brought to the team before you say dumb shit like "Cheer leader"

With montella we couldnt play 1 formation, with Gattuso we were able to successfully play 3 formations within 1 game.

He has been bashed for not being tactical by people in the media (and people like yourself) but has approached almost every game tactically. Against Roma and Lazio you could tell he did his homework and the team were more prepared for those games than I have ever seen them before.

Against Juventus, if it wasn't for our shitty finishing once again we would have been up in that game and gotten the result. He risked it by changing Bona's positioning, but perfectly exploited the counter attack, again our final ball ruined that game.

Sure we might not be getting an experienced manager like Conte, however Gattuso has displayed great understanding of the game, as well as great man management skills. IF you chose to only see the negatives in this hire, then go ahead, however he deserved that contract.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At the very least you should acknowledge the positive changes that Gattuso has brought to the team before you say dumb shit like "Cheer leader"

With montella we couldnt play 1 formation, with Gattuso we were able to successfully play 3 formations within 1 game.

He has been bashed for not being tactical by people in the media (and people like yourself) but has approached almost every game tactically. Against Roma and Lazio you could tell he did his homework and the team were more prepared for those games than I have ever seen them before.

Against Juventus, if it wasn't for our shitty finishing once again we would have been up in that game and gotten the result. He risked it by changing Bona's positioning, but perfectly exploited the counter attack, again our final ball ruined that game.

Sure we might not be getting an experienced manager like Conte, however Gattuso has displayed great understanding of the game, as well as great man management skills. IF you chose to only see the negatives in this hire, then go ahead, however he deserved that contract.

:star:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nothing against Gattuso but his formation change vs Sassuolo cost us when he decided to go 3 at the back and took out Abate. A formation we have sucked in all season. Hopefully he learned from that. My issue with the whole Gattuso extension is that they should have at least waited until the end of the season to see where we finish and how the whole coaching landscape played out. 1 month wasn't going to make a whole difference in terms of signing an extension and Gattuso isn't a guy that is going to make a big deal about it. Unless their potential targets already had clubs lined or were staying where they are, then I would understand with the just going ahead with the extension now.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
What the fuck are you talking about?
Are you seriously suggesting that it's important to keep a link to the "identity" of the club over actually achieving results? :fp:
uhh..is it not clear what i am talking about?
where did i suggest this

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
So apparently this is depay’s girl... Sign him up!!!!

66ab48ebb42d79073456080a781d648c.jpg

sign just the girl

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nothing against Gattuso but his formation change vs Sassuolo cost us when he decided to go 3 at the back and took out Abate. A formation we have sucked in all season. Hopefully he learned from that. My issue with the whole Gattuso extension is that they should have at least waited until the end of the season to see where we finish and how the whole coaching landscape played out. 1 month wasn't going to make a whole difference in terms of signing an extension and Gattuso isn't a guy that is going to make a big deal about it. Unless their potential targets already had clubs lined or were staying where they are, then I would understand with the just going ahead with the extension now.

You said that 5 times already. Let it go its in the past.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
So our budget is closer to 0 than to 200 this season

Status
Not open for further replies.