1/4 - Uruguay (1) vs. Ghana (1), 4-2 after PK - July 2nd

What do you make of Luis Suarez's handball?

• Total voters

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Ghana to dance their way to the next round.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dont really care about any of them, but i fancy uruguay's chances because Ghana are missing 2 key players.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Ghana wins according to me and the best one gets in between 4.I cheer for them, already on very much only because of Adiyiah.
Go Ghana!:cool:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Youngest Squad in the Wc :proud: Kingson has really surprised me ,but uraguay will be tough but ghana's midfield can cope with Uraguay's and that will be key ...hope Prince isn't out ,never liked the guy but is proving vital ...Ayew :star: guy is so stylish ...ghana to win it

GHANA GHANA GHANA

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Youngest Squad in the Wc :proud: Kingson has really surprised me ,but uraguay will be tough but ghana's midfield can cope with Uraguay's and that will be key ...hope Prince isn't out ,never liked the guy but is proving vital ...Ayew :star: guy is so stylish ...ghana to win it

GHANA GHANA GHANA

BBC was saying how all the South Africans are supporting Ghana now.. Is that true?

That's something I admire about Africa. Indians for instance are VERY unlikely to support any Asian country for the world cup.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Yep ,its Ghana all the way ...even past presidents(south African) etc are urging the country to get behind them ...LOL bout asian support

JOHANNESBURG — South Africans are rallying support for Ghana, the only African team left at this year's World Cup.

Local officials are distributing Ghanaian flags, and South Africa's governing party asked the team to change its nickname to "Black Stars of Africa."

Gauteng province spokeswoman Nomazwe Ntlokwana says the decision to officially support Ghana is aimed at extending the buzz the competition has already generated in the country.

Ghana will face Uruguay in the quarterfinals Friday at the first World Cup to be held in Africa.

Ntlokwana says the Ghanaians carry the hopes of the whole continent on their shoulders

South Africa captain Aaron Mokoena has urged South Africa to put their backing behind Ghana after the Black Stars progressed to the last 16.

The Black Stars became the only African team to qualify for the second round after edging Australia on goal difference despite defeat in their final Group D fixture to Germany.

The west Africans now face the United States in Rustenburg on Sunday and with the Ivory Coast looking like they will be eliminated on goal difference, even if they do manage to beat North Korea on Wednesday, it looks highly likely that Milovan Rajevac’s charges will be the only African representation in the last 16.

“Ghana have been fantastic in the World Cup so far,” Mokoena told Football365.co.za “So hopefully they will do it for Africa.” Black Stars boss Rajevac also admitted that he was optimistic that South Africans would now lend their support to their continental allies.

“My team is the only African team through and now we have a game against the USA to look forward to,” he said. “I hope the majority of South Africans will support Ghana, I don’t know. I think we will benefit from the massive support,” he continued.

After Bafana Bafana were eliminated South African president Jacob Zuma put his backing behind the remaining African team. “Of course the fact of the matter is that we will be supporting the African team that is still in the World Cup,” he said.

etc etc

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Ayew :star: guy is so stylish ...
True:
1239575116rx5.jpg

But now, thanks to that utter SCUM BAG Altidore, Ayew will miss the quarters :head:

FIFA should change their new rule (where they will discard all yellows after the quarters) to include the quarters just for him.
BBC was saying how all the South Africans are supporting Ghana now.. Is that true?

That's something I admire about Africa. Indians for instance are VERY unlikely to support any Asian country for the world cup.
LOL ... GO GHANA!

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
The thing that impressed me most was his willingness to work for the team even though he knew he wouldn't be playing the next game .....:star: that's the type of ethic im looking for in milan ...regardless of talent

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Gyan: I almost quit

Asamoah Gyan has revealed he nearly walked out on his team over boo-boy taunts two years ago

0,,12950~8872018,00.jpg

Out of form, the 24-year-old was on the wrong end of criticism from Ghana supporters.

But now he has helped the Black Stars make the last eight at SA2010, and could even take them to the semi finals, the furthest any African team has been

It is a contrast to when the Rennes striker almost walked out of an African Nations Cup campaign in 2008.

"People compare me with big names like Lionel Messi and I'm very happy to hear that," he said. "They are the best strikers in the world.

"You also have to remember that two years ago I was criticised by my compatriots.

"It hurt. But I never lost trust in myself. I knew that when 100% fit I would perform and that is what has happened."

In fact Gyan's confidence in his ability is so unshakeable that he insists that he knew he would do well at the tournament.

So far he has found the back of the net three times, and is planning more of the same for the quarter-final clash with Uruguay on Friday night.

"I did expect to score goals here because I did so well for my club and the confidence is there," he said.

"I've scored many goals for my club. I am not surprised. When I am 100% fit, I know what I can do on the field.

"I am not surprised to be a star here. I know what I am worth when I am 100% fit. I thank God for that."

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think I'm looking forward to this game more than any other oddly, it should be an interesting watch, and my new found love for KPB means <3 Ghana

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
I hope Ghana wins

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
C'mon Uruguay, you have an easier path now.

Please Captain, win this game. Remember you one of the São Paulo's uruguayan's. Pablo Forlán, Pedro Rocha and Dario Pereyra are with you today.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
C'mon Uruguay, you have an easier path now.

Please Captain, win this game. Remember you one of the São Paulo's uruguayan's. Pablo Forlán, Pedro Rocha and Dario Pereyra are with you today.

all tehz dudes r ghey

GHANA!!

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gyan seems like a cool guy:cool:. Hope hes the one to score again and not douche Prince:o

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Lets go Ghana. Adiyiah off the bench please :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Lineups of Uruguay VS Ghana

Uruguay

G 1 Fernando Muslera
CD-L 6 Mauricio Victorino
CD-R 2 Diego Lugano
LB 4 Jorge Fucile
RB 16 Maxi Pereira
LM 17 Egidio Arévalo
RM 15 Diego Pérez
F 9 Luis Suárez
RCF 10 Diego Forlán
AM-L 20 Álvaro Fernández
AM-R 7 Edinson Cavani

Ghana

G 22 Richard Kingson
CD-L 5 John Mensah
CD-R 15 Isaac Vorsah
LB 2 Hans Sarpei
RB 4 John Pantsil
LM 23 Kevin-Prince Boateng
RM 6 Anthony Annan
F 3 Asamoah Gyan
RCF 21 Kwadwo Asamoah
AM-L 11 Sulley Muntari
AM-R 7 Samuel Inkoom

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Uruguay is way better during the beginning but time teaches us some lessons. :D

Oh damn yellow card to Fucile. Didn't deserve. He's already out of the semi.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Fucile will miss the next match if Uruguay Qualified to the Semifinal.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I would be surprised if Ghana beats Uruguay. But then again, I have been surprised today already.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Forlan makes me want to pull out my hair. Cavani feeds him awesome thru ball and he STOPS?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
I reall like suarez, especially his buck tooth celebration. He's like such a happy little kid

LOL true, which he is not going meet the B&G's Standards :D

Forlán should pass it immediately instead of hold that pass IMO.\

Suárez other danger shot.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
oh sooo close Luis! He will score soon

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forlan makes me want to pull out my hair. Cavani feeds him awesome thru ball and he STOPS?

Thank God it's your hair and not his. His hair is so beautiful. :D

Captain is feeling hurted. :(

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm shitting my pants.

Schedule