2015 FIFA Women's Word Cup

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Who's watching and If you are who do you support?

Any other USWNT supporters in the forum?

USA takes on Australia in their group opener later today.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Costa Rica!!!

We're in a horrendous group, but these women are incredible. They've been training way early in the morning (somwhere between 5-8 am), to be able to head to their jobs/school. The best one, Shirley Cruz, plays for PSG, has won several CLs and leagues, was named best player in the French league, she was close to be left w/o a team back in October cause she stayed through the qualifying round with the NT instead of heading back to France (one of the many FIFA nonsense).

They're badasses already, hope they can pull a surprise.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Costa Rica!!!

We're in a horrendous group, but these women are incredible. They've been training way early in the morning (somwhere between 5-8 am), to be able to head to their jobs/school. The best one, Shirley Cruz, plays for PSG, has won several CLs and leagues, was named best player in the French league, she was close to be left w/o a team back in October cause she stayed through the qualifying round with the NT instead of heading back to France (one of the many FIFA nonsense).

I've covered Indian Women's team extensively back home and I understand what you are saying about these women being incredible. The step brotherly treatment given to the Women's football team in India is rather appalling when clearly they are ranked much much higher than their male counter parts.

Ad far as USWNT is concerned look out for the veteran Abby Wambach, Megan Rapinoe and Hope Solo. Also, Alex Morgan in front is superb

Last edited:

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
US wins 3-1 over Australia.

Rapinoe scores a brace witha goal on either side of her teammates' Christen Press' goal.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Germany 10 - 0 Ivory Coast

what sort of amateur team get hammered like that by Germany in a World Cup? :lol:

Oh wait

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Not going to lie, that free kick by the Norwegian girl was excellent.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
later tonight, in Sweden, the USWNT takes on arguably the most good looking team in the Women's World Cup.

Last edited:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
89th minute draw!!!!!!! Great goal, awesome deep pass, our forward beat the offside and put it in with such class.

Now we have to play Brazil and beat Brazil, Brazil already qualified, maybe will use the bench..

OMG COME ON GIRLS!!!!

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
89th minute draw!!!!!!! Great goal, awesome deep pass, our forward beat the offside and put it in with such class.

Now we have to play Brazil and beat Brazil, Brazil already qualified, maybe will use the bench..

OMG COME ON GIRLS!!!!

:) there have been some really really good games in this World Cup. Although, I am appalled by the fact that FIFA is making them play on Turn instead of natural grass

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Costa Rica!!!

I'll be supporting Costa Rica after my visit to the U17 Womens World Cup semis and final match.

I really like the spirit of your country and in many ways I see some similarity with mine. It's a small progressive country in a tough neighborhood but with a lot of pride and the people want to prove a point to the world that they are here.

I would like us to learn from your experience and from similar countries. We will be hosting the next edition of the U17 WWC and I personally am involved in the development of some of the girls who will participate in the big event.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Well done to Cameroon. I only tuned in the second half but for newcomers they more than held their own. The winning goal was a great move and finish.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The quality of football in this tournament is shockingly bad.

I guess a large part of it is due to the fact that the these players have been forced to play on turf instead of grass.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I guess a large part of it is due to the fact that the these players have been forced to play on turf instead of grass.

This definitely affects things.

From what I've heard there also some NTs that have faced issues with their coaches who shockingly have been in their position for decades (like Spain, whose coach was the women's head coach for 28 years, and until now they qualified to a WC and apparantly they were not prepared well, the coach did not learn about the rivals, there were even some financial issues, we're not talking men's football money, we're talking money to get by).

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'll be supporting Costa Rica after my visit to the U17 Womens World Cup semis and final match.

I really like the spirit of your country and in many ways I see some similarity with mine. It's a small progressive country in a tough neighborhood but with a lot of pride and the people want to prove a point to the world that they are here.

I would like us to learn from your experience and from similar countries. We will be hosting the next edition of the U17 WWC and I personally am involved in the development of some of the girls who will participate in the big event.

Well if I would have been part of the organization I would help, lol. Mostly, and I think its something that goes across small countries, whenever there's a chance of spotlight people want to make the most of it, so people get motivated to attend to matches. It's mostly a "listen you'll probably not ever watch a men's WC here, so this is your chance to have one...and if you do it right, you might get considered for other tournaments, u17 of men, u20s of both genders, but make the most of this"

There were several initiatives taken like on weekdays, public schools were invited (via sponsors buying tickets), tickets were sold for the 2 games that were played in the same stadium. Creating a family friendly environment is key.

Draw the national team games to the biggest stadium and the 2nd biggest one (or at least the stadium were most people can get to easily). Make people recognize the faces of the girls through the media.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I don't know who came up with the slogan, but he deserves a raise

proxy.jpg

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

(-: grammar is highly underrated. putting just a comma and removing OUR would have saved printing money and would have made a lot more sense.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That Germany x France was a great game.

France deserved better though

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
World no.1 vs World no. 2 in the 1st Women's World Cup Semi final today
Germany vs. USA

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So happy England got to the Semi finals.

Anybodys game now.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I could be wrong here but didnt the German women's team beat the English team by an embarrassing margin a couple of weeks before the tournament.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Final - USA 2 Germany 0

USA going to the finals!

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Americans have now kept opponents from scoring for 513 minutes. Let's go, ladies.... USA! USA! USA!

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I want Japan to win tonight against England, REVENGE for the last world cup is long due

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I could be wrong here but didnt the German women's team beat the English team by an embarrassing margin a couple of weeks before the tournament.

Don't know about that but Germany did beat them at wembley in Nov'14 by 3 goals to nil

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Meh.

Everyone knows things can change and anything can happen late in big tournaments.

Plus, Canada beat England like 3 weeks before the tournament started too.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
USA v JAPAN it is! Revenge time, baby.

Schedule