The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?
1st place 51 41.46%
2nd place 7 5.69%
CL spot 62 50.41%
EL spot 2 1.63%
7th+ 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2020, 09:47   #25981
Ash
Swag Maestro
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Have you seen the meltdown at FiF?

It's majestic, heartwarming & viagra level of satisfaction.
Not surprising

Happens when you overrate the quality of your players

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Ash is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 09:51   #25982
MILAN 4EVER
Primavera Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Default

FACT: In the last 14 games in the CL merda got 2 wins. They have qualified the last 3 seasons for the CL but never couldnt reach the next round
MILAN 4EVER is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:05   #25983
mrki
AC Milan Icon
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: passive offside
Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
His career will be very short only playing like this.
Big true... Theo needs to have more freedom. Thats why its important to have a rb who can play cb on the same level.


Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
LocalHero: Hakan Calhanoglu > Rui Costa

Kings of commode: patosheva - the man who never gave up & MR - the man who managed to say absolutely everything wrong

IT'S NOT COMING HOME...
mrki is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:06   #25984
Alo88
AC Milan Icon
 
Alo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Switzerland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
His career will be very short only playing like this.
Marcelo disagrees
Alo88 is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:17   #25985
Chiko
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South Africa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Not surprising

Happens when you overrate the quality of your players

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
While true, they have a decent enough squad. Just Conte is pathetically poor.
Chiko is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:25   #25986
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

I think Conte is the most overrated coach of the last 10 years.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:30   #25987
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout
 
VultureSheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
I think Conte is the most overrated coach of the last 10 years.
When Juve moved from Conte to Allegri you could see the difference in Europe. Conte was always trash in Europe.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Il Capitano will hold the Scudetto trophy next year
VultureSheva is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:41   #25988
Pingu
Revolution
 
Pingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Default

Good morning and fuck Inter. Can't wait to see them dumped out of CL for the third season in a row but this time not even make it to EL spot in 3rd, and then miss out on CL in the league. Top 4 imo will be us, Juve, Napoli, Roma. Atalanta and Lazio have had shaky starts but who knows, Fiore are trash, Sassuolo don't know if they have what it takes to keep this momentum. Inter already in a bit of a struggle and December hasn't even begun.


Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:48   #25989
Ronin
Milansochist
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
I think Conte is the most overrated coach of the last 10 years.
on par with Fraudiola probably, although that one was lucky to have one of the best squads in history and win some gold
Ronin is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 11:59   #25990
Chiko
AC Milan Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South Africa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
I think Conte is the most overrated coach of the last 10 years.
I think not so much overrated, but he is a great coach, but a horrible manager. He gets too involved in the transfer window and has shown time and time again he has no idea what he is doing on that end.

When he was with Italy it was fine, you get what you get and you work with it. His biggest issue is feeling the need to not work with what he has and with that comes his downfall. Forcing everything into his specific style, unwilling to change anything.

I was on the Conte train but this guy has lost it, his ego is way too big. His stock at big clubs has fallen and I don?t think he will ever get this much power at any club and only a fool would give him this much power again.
Chiko is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 12:01   #25991
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
When Juve moved from Conte to Allegri you could see the difference in Europe. Conte was always trash in Europe.
Conte is just an average coach who dominated the most poor, lazy and uninspired Serie A ever existed with a top european quality team.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 12:12   #25992
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Good morning and fuck Inter. Can't wait to see them dumped out of CL for the third season in a row but this time not even make it to EL spot in 3rd, and then miss out on CL in the league. Top 4 imo will be us, Juve, Napoli, Roma. Atalanta and Lazio have had shaky starts but who knows, Fiore are trash, Sassuolo don't know if they have what it takes to keep this momentum. Inter already in a bit of a struggle and December hasn't even begun.
Atalanta always has shaky starts, but once they get their best form they become very strong. Them, Napoli and Juventus are the teams that i fear most.

Lazio and Roma seems like they lack the depth to succeed in the long run.

I hope too that Inter will fail to qualify for next CL.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 12:23   #25993
VooDooDoll
))<>((
 
VooDooDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Moon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
When Juve moved from Conte to Allegri you could see the difference in Europe. Conte was always trash in Europe.
yep, but conte had pretty shit squad and allegri was getting good/top players each year of coaching in turin


Signature


positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna, krunic, rebic, hakan, theo
VooDooDoll is online now  
Old 26-11-2020, 12:43   #25994
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
yep, but conte had pretty shit squad and allegri was getting good/top players each year of coaching in turin
Conte had a top defence and midfield, Tevez, Vucinic, Llorente.

The only good player Allegri got in his first year was Morata, and he reached CL final.

And as good as Morata can be, it's not like a top player that changes everything alone. Ditto for other good players they signed next, like Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Pjanic, etc. most of which came on cheap deals.

They could afford expensive players after their results in Europe and selling Pogba (also operations like signing Kingsley Coman for free and selling next year gave them a little financial boost).


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 12:52   #25995
Ronin
Milansochist
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
Conte is just an average coach who dominated the most poor, lazy and uninspired Serie A ever existed with a top european quality team.
He had made them into a pretty well-oiled machine, but has proved since to be very one-dimensional and dependent on a system and particular type of players. Very inflexible
Ronin is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 13:03   #25996
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
He had made them into a pretty well-oiled machine, but has proved since to be very one-dimensional and dependent on a system and particular type of players. Very inflexible
He made them into a team that was painful for yes with the advantage of not playing in Europe in his first year and not having opponents in the other years.

Outside Italy he struggled even against Nordsj?lland.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 13:16   #25997
Alo88
AC Milan Icon
 
Alo88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Switzerland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birsaforever View Post
He made them into a team that was painful for yes with the advantage of not playing in Europe in his first year and not having opponents in the other years.

Outside Italy he struggled even against Nordsj?lland.
However I remember back then how many people and fans were downplaying Allegris coaching, especially Milan fans, saying he's basically riding on what Conte has built and for a while it seemed like every success of Allegri was Contes.

I don't know. Conte has kickstarted what became the strongest team in Italy for almost a decade, made Italy at one of its lowest point talent wise look very decent and he won also a PL title. Wouldn't say he's an average coach. Overrated, maybe. But not average.
Alo88 is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 13:27   #25998
VultureSheva
Legendary Scout
 
VultureSheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooDoll View Post
yep, but conte had pretty shit squad and allegri was getting good/top players each year of coaching in turin
Pogba-Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio - Best midfield in Europe.
Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci - Probably the best defence in it?s time.
Tevez, Coman

“Shit squad”

https://www.transfermarkt.com/juvent...saison_id=2014

Allegri only added Dybala, Cuadrado and Sandro, and reached final. Conte couldn’t do more than group stages.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Il Capitano will hold the Scudetto trophy next year

Last edited by VultureSheva; 26-11-2020 at 13:33.
VultureSheva is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 13:30   #25999
Master Smurf
AC Milan Icon
 
Master Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cayman Islands
Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
I think not so much overrated, but he is a great coach, but a horrible manager. He gets too involved in the transfer window and has shown time and time again he has no idea what he is doing on that end.

When he was with Italy it was fine, you get what you get and you work with it. His biggest issue is feeling the need to not work with what he has and with that comes his downfall. Forcing everything into his specific style, unwilling to change anything.

I was on the Conte train but this guy has lost it, his ego is way too big. His stock at big clubs has fallen and I don?t think he will ever get this much power at any club and only a fool would give him this much power again.
Facts - and that is why I was never on the train.
When his name was flirted I thought 'good if he comes that means we actually have money...but I dont want him to be the manager because he will just bitch and moan and be out shortly after that'


Looks like I may have thrown too much dirt on the special one too as Spurs are riding high but the season is long. If Jose has them humming again next season then maybe the game actually hasnt passed him by.
Master Smurf is offline  
Old 26-11-2020, 13:39   #26000
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.
 
Birsaforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
However I remember back then how many people and fans were downplaying Allegris coaching, especially Milan fans, saying he's basically riding on what Conte has built and for a while it seemed like every success of Allegri was Contes.

I don't know. Conte has kickstarted what became the strongest team in Italy for almost a decade, made Italy at one of its lowest point talent wise look very decent and he won also a PL title. Wouldn't say he's an average coach. Overrated, maybe. But not average.
People back them blamed Allegri for not winning CL with Kevin Constant.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:22.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.