Dida Thread

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Gilardino Jr said:
yeah man but i was devastated when psv scored 3 past him and then liverpool too his champions league was ruined conceided 9..... 6 in the last 2 games but still hes great goalkeeper
it wasnt his fault.

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
MaGasTeR said:
it wasnt his fault.
yeah man great goalkeeper but i was behind him all the way and i as i mentioned before was devastated anyways dont mean to be rude but whos fault do u think it was

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Gilardino Jr said:
i as i mentioned before was devastated
true
Gilardino Jr said:
whos fault do u think it was
our defence i presume, certainly cafu made a mistake @ 2nd goal for psv.

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
true

our defence i presume, certainly cafu made a mistake @ 2nd goal for psv.
lol i watched the whole of every milan game but my dad said to me come other room and eat when i was coming back to the front room i heard a cheer and thought oh yeah weve scored come back to see theyr in the match 2 - 2

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He definitely wasn't to blame for the Trezeguet goal that handed Juve the Scudetto, and the 3rd Liverpool goal in the CL final. The defense fell asleep at the wheel on both occasions. To blatanly pin the loss of both the Scudetto and the CL final on him (as some guy - can't remember his name - did on another thread) is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't find the link anymore but German soccer magazine Kicker named him the top goalie in their list of the best 11 players of the Confederations Cup. He turned in a solid, unspectacular performance while letting in four goals in four appearances (Marcos filled his shoes against Japan), which likely would have been cut in half had it not been for occasional lapses in the Brazilian defense. In contrast, Ollie Kahn let in six in two appearances. Ouch.

(I'm willing to bet that Mexico's Oswaldo Sanchez would've been given top goalie honors instead had he not coughed up four goals in the 3rd-place match against Germany. But I digress.)

Last edited:

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
NeSTa_86 said:
why dida doesn't play in the friendlies?:eek:
whats wrong its a good thing man he keeps his fitness proper doesnt risk injuries

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
NeSTa_86 said:
why dida doesn't play in the friendlies?:eek:

Both he and Kaka were given extra time off because they played in the Confederations Cup.

I'd rather have them rested for the regular season than bust their butts and risk injury during a few meaningless friendlies.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Gilardino Jr said:
yeah man but i was devastated when psv scored 3 past him and then liverpool too his champions league was ruined conceided 9..... 6 in the last 2 games but still hes great goalkeeper

Mate it wasnt Dida's fault on either of the 3 goals.

Stam was to blame on the first goal when Gerrard beat him to the ball in the air he didnt even mark him properly plus the ball ended up in the top right hand corner impossible to stop.

Second goal, well wasnt even a goal the lines man had his flag up signalling offside which the defenders and Dida probably saw .

Third goal pfft a bullshit penately which Dida as a result saved and unfortunately some tosser scored from it which he could do nothing about!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
He definitely wasn't to blame for the Trezeguet goal that handed Juve the Scudetto, and the 3rd Liverpool goal in the CL final. The defense fell asleep at the wheel on both occasions. To blatanly pin the loss of both the Scudetto and the CL final on him (as some guy - can't remember his name - did on another thread) is absolutely ridiculous.

I can't find the link anymore but German soccer magazine Kicker named him the top goalie in their list of the best 11 players of the Confederations Cup. He turned in a solid, unspectacular performance while letting in four goals in four appearances (Marcos filled his shoes against Japan), which likely would have been cut in half had it not been for occasional lapses in the Brazilian defense. In contrast, Ollie Kahn let in six in two appearances. Ouch.

(I'm willing to bet that Mexico's Oswaldo Sanchez would've been given top goalie honors instead had he not coughed up four goals in the 3rd-place match against Germany. But I digress.)

He wasnt to blame for the Trez goal mate, for a starter the cross from DL shouldnt of came in and Stam wtf was he doing again didnt pick up Trez for a simple finish!

Stop bagging him out he was our most consistent player all year

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
He wasnt to blame for the Trez goal mate, for a starter the cross from DL shouldnt of came in and Stam wtf was he doing again didnt pick up Trez for a simple finish!

Did I miss something here? That's the exact point I made about the Juve goal in my previous post.

Bagging him out? You didn't think I was blaming him for our end-of-season belly flop, did you? He's my favorite Milan player by far and I'm with you 100% on those Liverpool goals, especially the aggravating second one in which the linesman's flag was clearly waving and Dida didn't see the ball coming through traffic, but the damn thing counted anyway. And had the defense even been half as alert after his save on the Alonso penalty, the score remains 3-2 and the trophy is ours.

Tell that to the idiots in the media who branded him the goat for the Liverpool loss. It's been well over two months and it still hurts.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Did I miss something here? That's the exact point I made about the Juve goal in my previous post.

Bagging him out? You didn't think I was blaming him for our end-of-season belly flop, did you? He's my favorite Milan player by far and I'm with you 100% on those Liverpool goals, especially the aggravating second one in which the linesman's flag was clearly waving and Dida didn't see the ball coming through traffic, but the damn thing counted anyway. And had the defense even been half as alert after his save on the Alonso penalty, the score remains 3-2 and the trophy is ours.

Tell that to the idiots in the media who branded him the goat for the Liverpool loss. It's been well over two months and it still hurts.

Let ppl write shit mate its always gna happen

Its still kills me the only way to erase it is to Win it as quickly as possible and outa all ppl Dida is the most humble in the Milan team never complains, even when he new during the derby about the flairs he still bravely stood there to keep guard infront of the goal.

It justs shits me to hear that and he was one of the most decent players in the CL Final not to mention the whole CL campaign!

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
San Paolo said:
Dida is the most humble in the Milan team never complains, even when he new during the derby about the flairs he still bravely stood there to keep guard infront of the goal.

It justs shits me to hear that and he was one of the most decent players in the CL Final not to mention the whole CL campaign!

Well said. It is a fact that Dida is the most humble man in the team. Never complains, never. Just so much like Paolo. The big man has an even bigger heart.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
i never seen DiDa Nervos

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
Well said. It is a fact that Dida is the most humble man on the team. Never complains, never. Just so much like Paolo. The big man has an even bigger heart.
:star: :star: :star:

That, coupled with his play for Milan the past few years, makes me proud to be a fan and renders his omissions from the nominations for the '04 Golden Ball and, just recently, the UEFA Club Football Awards, even more ludicrous. Being the consummate professional he is, he probably won't get hot and bothered over the latter (as I did on Tuesday), though he has every right to do so.

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
DugiNesta said:
i never seen DiDa Nervos

i think that is with all the brazilian players. I've never seen any of them nervous, i suppose it is because they are brought up with football, the big stage doesn't scare them or make them nervous.

They look so casual yet determined when they play, and all they do is smile. :D

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:

can u post this stuff abt stam in the stam thread cause someone said that stam is the only person in this forum i mean the stam thread to only have 1 page its because well he is a bit crap

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
red&black_fever said:
i think that is with all the brazilian players. I've never seen any of them nervous, i suppose it is because they are brought up with football, the big stage doesn't scare them or make them nervous.

agreed! and that is what i like about them. :D

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
red&black_fever said:

U1162P6T12D1638502F44DT20050629045254.jpg

They especially seem to have fun during practices. You want someone the size of Dida jumping into your arms? :D

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From the God-I-wish-I-lived-in-Italy department:

Indovina chi viene a cena? Dida... [gossipnews.it, 9/20]

Nelson Dida è un bell'omaccione, gran fisico, 195 cm per 85 kg, una gran massa di muscoli, lineamenti dolci, un bel sorriso e l'impressione di non far parte di quei giocatori con poco cervello che catalizzano l'attenzione dei luoghi comuni del mondo del calcio. Inevitabile, dunque, che il ragazzo possa avere buon riscontro mediatico ed anche una buona schiera di ammiratrici e ammiratori che ne sognino le prestazioni...non solo sportive. Se, poi, a questo aggiungiamo quell'aurea esotica data dal fatto di essere un omboroso brasiliano sui generis, non è difficile ipotizzare un gran successo per l'iniziativa della più grande "casa" d'aste virtuale.

Il sito e-bay, infatti, ha deciso di mettere all'asta una cena con il portiere del Milan. La base di partenza di un euro è stata ben presto superata e ieri sera si era già a quota 100, ma è ipotizzabile una crescita esponenziale dell'offerta. Non è chiaro, però, se la cifra includa o meno il costo del vitto. Altrimenti, considerati i prezzi dei ristoranti milanesi, l'investimento potrebbe arrivare a cifre esorbitanti, a meno che Dida, che comunque sembra un ragazzo semplice e di poche pretese, non si accontenti della classica pizza&birra.

A parte gli scherzi, l'iniziativa ha chiaramente fini solidali e benefici. Tutto il ricavato sarà destinato all'associazione senza scopi di lucro CESAR (Coordinamento Enti Solidali A Rumbek), che si batte per portare aiuti in una delle zone più povere del mondo, dilaniata per di più da una purtroppo longeva guerra civile. L'organizzazione finanzia infatti l'attività di Monsignor Mazzoleni, che da anni s'impegna a portare un po' di luce e serenità nel Rumbek, regione desolata del Sudan del Sud. Quanto raccolto sarà destinato ad uno dei tanti progetti in essere per favorire lo sviluppo dell'area dal punto di vista dell'istruzione della salute pubblica, della pace sociale.

Since I can read Italian about as well as Stevie Wonder racing in NASCAR, a translation would be very much appreciated. :) :star:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TANTI AUGURI DIDA!
07/10/2005
MILANO - Buon compleanno a Nelson Dida. Nato a Irarà il 7 ottobre 1973, il portierone brasiliano spegne oggi 32 candeline. Tutta la redazione di Milan Channel e ACMilan.com si unisce agli auguri della società, della squadra, del mister e di tutto lo staff rossonero.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Happy birthday, Dida! :star:

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
Feliz Aniversário Dida!!! Hope to see your best form very soon.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Urime i Bojsh 100

happy Birthday Dida

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Big D!

Happy birthday, Nelson! :star: :star:

No matter what the pundits say, you're still the best #1 in my book. :D

Best wishes to my favorite Smiling Goalie (TM).

BZCS296.jpg

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Happy birthday and many clean sheets :star:

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
happy birthdayy....