Jose Mourinho Thread

Fiero

Reaction score
Personally, I like characters like him...

But he's taking it to far, it's good to show SOME class. To me, he's just a sore looser right now, not a great character. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. I've lost a lot of respect for him.

May I ask exactly, why?

People complain he blasted Barcelona after last week's game, but if it was anyone other than Mourinho, would he be bashed in the same way? He felt cheated out of the game just like millions of Real Madrid supporters...

First let's start with Mou's history with Barcelona: 7 red cards vs them...

1- Drogba in 2005. (Rijkaard is seen talking with Frisk at half-time, Drogba gets red carded, Chelsea lose 2-1 after being 1-0 up, Mourinho says what he saw, Frisk receives death threats and quits the game, people label Mou the enemy of football)

2- Del Horno in 2006. (Messi dive, Mourinho blasts Messi after the game)

3- Motta in 2010. (Busquetes playacting, nothing is done from Uefa)

4- Ramos in the 5-0 trashing.

5- Albiol in La Liga. (Alves commits a penalty, and he already had a yellow card, yet he didn't receive a 2nd yellow. Albiol got a straight red)

6- Di Maria in the cup win.

7- Pepe last week.

At least 4 or 5 of these could easily be considered bullshit red cards...

then think of the last 3 clasicos, were Messi (and generally Barca) never scored vs Real when they were with 11 men...

and recall how Pepe owned/outmusceled/outplayed/completely shut out Messi from the game(s)...

add to that the fact that Barcelona are on most days unplayable yet instead of bending over like most teams do, Mourinho actually decided to try to beat them... like he did last year and instead of getting credit for it, his brand of football was labeled "anti-football" etc... and people degraded from the victory as if it's WRONG to use different tactics than possession football, and as if defending and counterattacking are frowned upon and are not part of the beautiful game...

then remember how the sore losers from Barcelona reacted last season by turning on the sprinklers the minute they lost so that Inter merda don't celebrate and when Valdez tried to pick a fight with Mou for celebrating his team's (and his) brilliant victory... and remember how they heroically pulled a win after playing most of the game with 10 men due to Busquetes shameful diving... the dive that not only led Inter merda to play with 10 men for most of the match and play at an unfair disadvantage which was in a way a contributing reason for Mou and his team to park the bus (then get criticized for it :fp: ), but also made Motta unfairly miss the final... yet Uefa did NOTHING about it even though it was well documented to the world... the same governing body that banned Drogs for 6 matches (?) for telling the truth like it was.... when he deemed the ref for their scandalous match vs Chelsea a "fucking disgrace"...

and then also consider that it is almost impossible to defeat Barca in a 2 legged game and even harder to do it 2 seasons in a row, but it is almost impossible to do it with bullshit refereeing. Madrid went into the match already missing Carvalho and Khedira and had to not concede at the Bernabeu with Ramos risking suspension...

Taking all that into consideration, it becomes a little bit easier to see things from Mou's perspective. He was playing for the 0-0 until the ~ 60th min to try to tire Barca then counter their asses just like he did in the cup final and won, and just as he was getting Kaka ready to enter in place of Lass... Pepe gets an unfair BULLSHIT red card... totally kills the match. Not only was Pepe arguably man of the match in the 2 earlier clasicos, but he was also the single most important part of Mourinho's puzzle... he was Messi's man marker and he did a damn good job at that. He also had a 2nd role of sweeping the midfield along with Alonso and Lass and to make sure the team keeps its clean sheet. Until the unfair BULLSHIT red card, Madrid's plan was working. Clean sheet at home (were Barca's goals would count for 2 if the aggregate score is tied), and ready to attack...

In the play leading to the red card... Alves dives like he had been shot. He rolls on the floor (how could he roll on an injured leg?!) and screams for help... Pepe is shown red... Alves tries to stand up but Barca's medics push him to stay down and carry him out of the field... pathetic...

Mourinho just stands their feeling cheated once again. He had seen it happen before too many times, seven times actually lol... it's always Barca... no matter what he or other teams does, they always have to get disadvantaged for Barcelona to win... while all these thoughts come rushing in as he feels his game plan had been fucked over with Pepe's unfair BULLSHIT red card and Ramos' EXTEREMLY soft yellow which will force him to miss today's match... he reacts by winking at the 4th official and telling him "well done"... shortly after... he's red carded himself!!!!!

Not long time passes and then Messi scores twice to almost kill the tie, while the Barca midgets continue to disgrace themselves with their unsportsmanlike behavior. Busquetes (especially provided us with a dive worthy of competing of his last year's semi final dive vs Inter), Pedro, Villa, and Mascherano dive all over the place... Xavi talks to the ref every 23 secs... and Busquetes yells racist remarks at Marcelo while covering his mouth...

Just think for a moment how it feels when you lose. And then think how it feels when you lose to your worst enemy. And then think how it feels when you lose to your worst enemy after giving your best. Then think how it feels when you lose to your worst enemy after giving your best but being handicapped and cheated out of the game!!! and NOT for the 1st or even 2nd time!!!!!

After the game, Mourinho just said what was on his mind. And he had every right to do so, considering all the FACTS mentioned above. Yet people are blaming him for what? for reacting to being fucked over again and again and again????

AND AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH! Barca start the childish games by reporting Mou to Uefa! wtf?!!!!! then everyone complains when Real report Barca's diving and racist remarks, which unlike Barca's pathetic bullshit report that only serves to add fuel to the fire and show how bitter and obsessed with Mou they are, Real's complaint is based on real merits when you consider how Barca are so unsportsmanlike and always get the refs favors yet NOTHING is EVER done about it. And Real only reacted to Barcelona's bullshit...

So today Mourinho will not be on the bench with his team... they will be missing Ramos and Pepe... and playing vs a 2-0 deficit at the Camp Nou... while Barca will be playing with full troops despite EXCESSIVE diving (that was well documented AND reported) and using racist slurs, and their fans will most likely insult Mou for the 90 mins and their team will pass the ball around until they bore everyone to death, while they dive and surround the ref to get unfair calls, and then after the match comment that they deserved to win because they play football the proper way while Real and Mou are anti-football, and the Catalan flag will be raised while they chant insults at Spain. Also don't forget that Messi will be hailed as the best player in history despite doing fuck all in two World Cups and doing nothing of note when Pepe was marking him.... gloryhunters will gloat...

Yet after ALL that, Mourinho is the one who is destroying football. :fp:

Mou's UNFAIR reputation makes people judge him and his actions wrongly. Just one last thing... Drogs was banned for 6 matches for saying it was a "fucking disgrace"... how much will Pinto be banned for slapping Arbeloa and pushing a Madrid employee to the ground for absolutely no reason?!!!

Last edited:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
:lol:

Everybody is obsessed with Mou :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He makes everybody else feel less important :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hurts their pathetic little ego's :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

May I ask exactly, why?

People complain he blasted Barcelona after last week's game, but if it was anyone other than Mourinho, would he be bashed in the same way? He felt cheated out of the game just like millions of Real Madrid supporters...

First let's start with Mou's history with Barcelona: 7 red cards vs them...

1- Drogba in 2005. (Rijkaard is seen talking with Frisk at half-time, Drogba gets red carded, Chelsea lose 2-1 after being 1-0 up, Mourinho says what he saw, Frisk receives death threats and quits the game, people label Mou the enemy of football)

2- Del Horno in 2006. (Messi dive, Mourinho blasts Messi after the game)

3- Motta in 2010. (Busquetes playacting, nothing is done from Uefa)

4- Ramos in the 5-0 trashing.

5- Albiol in La Liga. (Alves commits a penalty, and he already had a yellow card, yet he didn't receive a 2nd yellow. Albiol got a straight red)

6- Di Maria in the cup win.

7- Pepe last week.

At least 4 or 5 of these could easily be considered bullshit red cards...

then think of the last 3 clasicos, were Messi (and generally Barca) never scored vs Real when they were with 11 men...

and recall how Pepe owned/outmusceled/outplayed/completely shut out Messi from the game(s)...

add to that the fact that Barcelona are on most days unplayable yet instead of bending over like most teams do, Mourinho actually decided to try to beat them... like he did last year and instead of getting credit for it, his brand of football was labeled "anti-football" etc... and people degraded from the victory as if it's WRONG to use different tactics than possession football, and as if defending and counterattacking are frowned upon and are not part of the beautiful game...

then remember how the sore losers from Barcelona reacted last season by turning on the sprinklers the minute they lost so that Inter merda don't celebrate and when Valdez tried to pick a fight with Mou for celebrating his team's (and his) brilliant victory... and remember how they heroically pulled a win after playing most of the game with 10 men due to Busquetes shameful diving... the dive that not only led Inter merda to play with 10 men for most of the match and play at an unfair disadvantage which was in a way a contributing reason for Mou and his team to park the bus (then get criticized for it :fp: ), but also made Motta unfairly miss the final... yet Uefa did NOTHING about it even though it was well documented to the world... the same governing body that banned Drogs for 6 matches (?) for telling the truth like it was.... when he deemed the ref for their scandalous match vs Chelsea a "fucking disgrace"...

and then also consider that it is almost impossible to defeat Barca in a 2 legged game and even harder to do it 2 seasons in a row, but it is almost impossible to do it with bullshit refereeing. Madrid went into the match already missing Carvalho and Khedira and had to not concede at the Bernabeu with Ramos risking suspension...

Taking all that into consideration, it becomes a little bit easier to see things from Mou's perspective. He was playing for the 0-0 until the ~ 60th min to try to tire Barca then counter their asses just like he did in the cup final and won, and just as he was getting Kaka ready to enter in place of Lass... Pepe gets an unfair BULLSHIT red card... totally kills the match. Not only was Pepe arguably man of the match in the 2 earlier clasicos, but he was also the single most important part of Mourinho's puzzle... he was Messi's man marker and he did a damn good job at that. He also had a 2nd role of sweeping the midfield along with Alonso and Lass and to make sure the team keeps its clean sheet. Until the unfair BULLSHIT red card, Madrid's plan was working. Clean sheet at home (were Barca's goals would count for 2 if the aggregate score is tied), and ready to attack...

In the play leading to the red card... Alves dives like he had been shot. He rolls on the floor (how could he roll on an injured leg?!) and screams for help... Pepe is shown red... Alves tries to stand up but Barca's medics push him to stay down and carry him out of the field... pathetic...

Mourinho just stands their feeling cheated once again. He had seen it happen before too many times, seven times actually lol... it's always Barca... no matter what he or other teams does, they always have to get disadvantaged for Barcelona to win... while all these thoughts come rushing in as he feels his game plan had been fucked over with Pepe's unfair BULLSHIT red card and Ramos' EXTEREMLY soft yellow which will force him to miss today's match... he reacts by winking at the 4th official and telling him "well done"... shortly after... he's red carded himself!!!!!

Not long time passes and then Messi scores twice to almost kill the tie, while the Barca midgets continue to disgrace themselves with their unsportsmanlike behavior. Busquetes (especially provided us with a dive worthy of competing of his last year's semi final dive vs Inter), Pedro, Villa, and Mascherano dive all over the place... Xavi talks to the ref every 23 secs... and Busquetes yells racist remarks at Marcelo while covering his mouth...

Just think for a moment how it feels when you lose. And then think how it feels when you lose to your worst enemy. And then think how it feels when you lose to your worst enemy after giving your best. Then think how it feels when you lose to your worst enemy after giving your best but being handicapped and cheated out of the game!!! and NOT for the 1st or even 2nd time!!!!!

After the game, Mourinho just said what was on his mind. And he had every right to do so, considering all the FACTS mentioned above. Yet people are blaming him for what? for reacting to being fucked over again and again and again????

AND AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH! Barca start the childish games by reporting Mou to Uefa! wtf?!!!!! then everyone complains when Real report Barca's diving and racist remarks, which unlike Barca's pathetic bullshit report that only serves to add fuel to the fire and show how bitter and obsessed with Mou they are, Real's complaint is based on real merits when you consider how Barca are so unsportsmanlike and always get the refs favors yet NOTHING is EVER done about it. And Real only reacted to Barcelona's bullshit...

So today Mourinho will not be on the bench with his team... they will be missing Ramos and Pepe... and playing vs a 2-0 deficit at the Camp Nou... while Barca will be playing with full troops despite EXCESSIVE diving (that was well documented AND reported) and using racist slurs, and their fans will most likely insult Mou for the 90 mins and their team will pass the ball around until they bore everyone to death, while they dive and surround the ref to get unfair calls, and then after the match comment that they deserved to win because they play football the proper way while Real and Mou are anti-football, and the Catalan flag will be raised while they chant insults at Spain. Also don't forget that Messi will be hailed as the best player in history despite doing fuck all in two World Cups and doing nothing of note when Pepe was marking him.... gloryhunters will gloat...

Yet after ALL that, Mourinho is the one who is destroying football. :fp:

Mou's UNFAIR reputation makes people judge him and his actions wrongly. Just one last thing... Drogs was banned for 6 matches for saying it was a "fucking disgrace"... how much will Pinto be banned for slapping Arbeloa and pushing a Madrid employee to the ground for absolutely no reason?!!!

:eek::lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Messi has a record to break and no dogs [Pepe] on his back tonight. Lass is a chihuahua so he wont really bite :lol:

Early gol for Barca followed by theatrics by Busquets, thats the show for tonight. Mou will be watching from his box...

What's with this bit of equating defensive-minded human beings to dogs? Quite similar to Graeme Souness calling Gattuso a lapdog.

Classless and disrespectful.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Hey man do what you want, just thought i'd have some fun with your line

"Everybody is obsessed with Mou,He makes everybody else feel less important hurts their pathetic little ego's "

Kinda Ironic

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
What's with this bit of equating defensive-minded human beings to dogs? Quite similar to Graeme Souness calling Gattuso a lapdog.

Classless and disrespectful.

Sorry, didnt mean to disrespect, just meant it as a shadow to stop Messi and Lass doesnt compare to Pepe at DM.

Once again my apologies for that comment.

Fiero

Reaction score
Hey man do what you want, just thought i'd have some fun with your line

"Everybody is obsessed with Mou,He makes everybody else feel less important hurts their pathetic little ego's "

Kinda Ironic

And by defending him I am actually obsessed with him because he makes me feel less important, and that hurts my pathetic little ego? :rolleyes:

Fiero

Reaction score
Bro, i admire your passion, i really do but this time Mou has dug a hole too deep for himself to get out from.

Mourinho? It was anything but Mourinho's doing my friend. I still maintain my opinion... the ref fucked over the match (as usual with Barca). Barca are overrated diving/cheating/arrogant/unsportsmanlike/racist midgets and its about time someone put them in their place (like Mou did last year), and I won't give up on seeing them suffer and I know Jose won't as well so I believe. :proud:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mourinho? It was anything but Mourinho's doing my friend. I still maintain my opinion... the ref fucked over the match (as usual with Barca). Barca are overrated diving/cheating/arrogant/unsportsmanlike/racist midgets and its about time someone put them in their place (like Mou did last year), and I won't give up on seeing them suffer and I know Jose won't as well so I believe. :proud:

Im not getting into any Mou argument here so ill keep this short.

1. I agree with you anger about the ref, its justified that he messed up the game but put yourself in his position for that lunge on Dani Alves. The pressure of such a big game upon you and without being able to judge from a replay, i think anyone would given the red.

2. I agree that there was a lot of acting and drama but Barca are certainly not overrated my friend, despite many of them being cunt personalities on the field, they are all or mostly all quality players. Some of the best in the world [Iniesta and Messi for sure]

3. As i said before, your passion for Mou is brilliant and i know you wont give up but i cant see Mou getting out of this one. Now please dont reply me with a huge essay ;) as i already read your previous one, i agreed upon some things and the things upon which i didnt, you are free and welcome to give me your opinion on those ...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A love-hate relationship - how Jose Mourinho fell out with Barcelona

“Barca, in my heart – today, tomorrow, and forever.” It may be hard to believe now, but those words were uttered by Jose Mourinho in 1997. The Portuguese stood alongside Bobby Robson on the balcony of the Generalitat [Catalunya’s government building] in the centre of the city and swore eternal love to the club, in front of thousands of Barcelona fans, through a loud microphone.

The Portuguese was starting out alongside Bobby Robson and would work for three more years at the Catalan club as assistant to coach Louis van Gaal. The Dutchman even let Mourinho take charge of some first-team games in the Copa del Rey as Mourinho cut his teeth on one of football's most privileged benches.

Mourinho eventually left in 2000 to take up a full-time coaching role in Portugal, and in those early days at Uniao Leiria, when he began to impress with positive performances and results, he would joke to reporters that although things were going well, he wasn’t ready to coach Barca just yet. A return to Camp Nou was clearly in his plans, but surely even he could not have imagined the kind of return he will experience when he returns to the spiritual home of his former club tomorrow with Real Madrid.

130114hp2.jpg

Barca bashing | Mourinho has made a habit of criticising the club he once loved

So how did it come to this? The footballing world began to sit up and take notice of Mourinho in 2003, when the Portuguese led Porto to success in the UEFA Cup. A year later, he had achieved the unthinkable - a Champions League win with the unfancied Dragons. A move to Chelsea followed and the Londoners met Barca in a mouthwatering last-16 tie in the Champions League.

That’s where the relationship began to sour. After Barca's 2-1 first-leg win, Mourinho claimed then-coach Frank Rijkaard had spoken to referee Anders Frisk in the changing room at half-time. Frisk received death threats and decided to quit the game, while Mourinho incurred the wrath of Barca fans. Chelsea advanced to the quarter-finals at the expense of the Catalans, winning 4-2 in the second-leg, but for Mourinho it was the beginning of the end of a love story which had looked destined to enjoy a successful conclusion.

A year later, Barca and Chelsea met again in the last 16. This time, Barca won the first-leg at Stamford Bridge after Asier del Horno had been sent off for hauling down Lionel Messi close to the corner flag. Mourinho reacted angrily as he slammed Barca’s bright young star. “How do you say cheating in Catalan?” he said. “Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well. He's learned play-acting.”

After a 1-1 draw saw Barca seal their passage to the last eight, Mourinho moaned: “We have not seen two games where we had 11 players versus 11, so we have not seen Barcelona win against 11 - that's all I can say." His words sound familiar.

Barca went on to win the competition, but the two teams met again in the group stages the following season. Mourinho felt no reason to complain after a 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge, but continued his feud with the Catalans following an entertaining 2-2 draw at Camp Nou two weeks later.

“I think it is not easy for a referee to be a referee when the players are diving minute after minute,” he said. “Frank Rijkaard is a lucky manager because his Barcelona stars are protected match after match.” Rijkaard’s time at Barca came to an end in 2008 following two trophyless seasons and then-club president Joan Laporta decided a change was necessary.

Mourinho was heavily tipped to take over and one newspaper even published his preferred starting XI. The Portuguese was considered, but Laporta took advice from Barca legend Johan Cruyff and decided against employing the Portuguese. The former boss admitted Mourinho had been the “safe option”, but opted for current coach Pep Guardiola for football reasons.

“Barca have their own style that should be respected whenever a new coach is chosen. The team likes to control the game and to have the ball at our feet as our gameplay leads us to victory. Those that are suggesting other coaches for this team who have a very different style are completely wrong. No coach will ever come here that has a different belief to that.” That ruled out Mourinho.

The Portuguese moved to Inter instead, but found himself up against Barca four times in his second season at the Italian club. In the side's semi-final second-leg at Camp Nou, Mourinho was greeted with banners ridiculing him as 'the translator', alluding to his role under Robson, with whom he had begun working in Portugal as an interpreter in the early 1990s. Before the match, which Inter lost 1-0 but advanced to the final courtesy of a 3-2 aggregate win, Mourinho upset Barca again as he claimed the Catalans were obsessed with winning the Champions League at the home of their biggest rivals, Real Madrid - the venue of the 2010 final.

“It’s an obsession you can see and feel. I was here in 1997 and I lived a Copa del Rey final at the Bernabeu between Real Betis and Barca. It seemed like we had won the World Cup. To have a Catalan flag in the Bernabeu is an obsession. It’s anti-Madridismo."

Now, Mourinho has been reported to UEFA by Barcelona following his hugely controversial comments after last week’s 2-0 defeat to the Catalans in the first leg of the teams’ Champions League semi-final, when he claimed Guardiola’s side receive favourable refereeing decisions from European football’s governing body and questioned the club’s agreement with Unicef. But standing on the balcony of the Generalitat in 1997, with the Copa del Rey in his hands, he declared his undying affection for Barca. There’s a fine line between love and hate.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Sorry, didnt mean to disrespect, just meant it as a shadow to stop Messi and Lass doesnt compare to Pepe at DM.

Once again my apologies for that comment.

Cool. No need to apologize, but anything that reminds one of the likes of Souness is irritating, that's all :tongue:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Friday 6 May, 2011 Mourinho handed five-match ban

Former Inter Coach Jose Mourinho has been given a five-match UEFA touchline ban for his comments after Barcelona beat Real Madrid.

The tactician said there had been a history of referees favouring Barca in the Champions League against his sides Chelsea, Inter and Real.

His statements after the first leg of the semi-final on April 27 have cost Mourinho a five-match ban in UEFA club competition.

That includes the game he already sat out, the second leg of the Champions League semi-final on Tuesday.

It is technically a four-match ban with the fifth “suspended for a probationary period of three years. Mourinho has also been fined €50,000.”

Barcelona goalkeeper José Pinto received a three-match ban for his behaviour in the first leg in Madrid, which got him sent off from the bench.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Five match ban for Jose, while Pepe gets his suspension rescinded, thus indirectly admitting there was no red card. UEFA is clueless.:thumbsdown:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoa. Portuguese ref accuses Mourinho's Porto of giving "free trips" and "sexual favours" to refs. I detect a high snowball potential here.

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There was something similar said about Porto's president recently where he met the ref for the first leg against Villarreal for dinner a day or so before the match.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
if someone is interested i got this from google.
We all have read and seen Mourinho whining after the games against Barcelona lately. He shouted conspiracy all over the place. He said "I would've been ashamed to win like you [Barcelona] have!"

Well hold your horses Mr. Mourinho, because you're not that much better yourself!

Jacinto Paixão, one of the referees involved in an investigation that was opened in 2004 in Portugal after discovering a huge web of corruption in Portuguese football, reappeared last week to confess. Apparently, FC Porto used to "take care" of the referees, paying them, inviting them to travels and they were offered high quality prostitutes or any type of gift they wanted (what a bunch of knobheads ).

Perhaps quite a few of you already have heard of this or remember the scandal in Portugal (seasons 2002-2003 and 2003-2004), which didn't really end up in any mayor disciplinary procedures.

However this is the confession that Jacinto Paixão made in 2004 just in case anything would happen to himself or his family, which he hadn't released until last week (it is in Portuguese):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRJCl6LwCbA

Source (in Spanish): http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/res...n-oporto-que-entrenaba-mourinho/1004994.shtml

Edit: This is what FC Porto won during that time:
2002-2003: the Portuguese Liga / the Portuguese Cup / the UEFA Cup / the Portugese SuperCup
2003-2004: the Portugese Liga / runners up to the Portuguese Cup / the Champions League / the Portuguese SuperCup

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum...faf9169a855e73342808d4887afd36&topic=275274.0

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Suckerpunch is for sissies. Suckerpinch is for ... ?

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

merda doesn't like good smell? :D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Suckerpunch is for sissies. Suckerpinch is for ... ?

merda doesn't like good smell? :D

omggg :eek: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fucking mourinho !! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
goddamit...hate it when i have to respect this guy :lol: :star::star: :proud:
incredible actions :thumbsup::thumbsup: :star::star::star::star:
mourinho >>>>>>>>>>barthelona

OMG the second video :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
legendary

bwahahahhahaaa
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cant stop laughing at his face :lol:

his expression :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my eyes are watering here in teh office i hope no one comes in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Fiero

Reaction score
"What I'm about to say is not a criticism, I'm just stating a fact: there were no ballboys in the second half, which is something typical of small teams when experiencing difficulties."

"I'm not going to say we're happy because we didn't win the Spanish Super Cup, that would be hypocritical of me. But we intended to play like men and not fall on the ground at the slightest touch."

Touche.

Reaction score
"What I'm about to say is not a criticism, I'm just stating a fact: there were no ballboys in the second half, which is something typical of small teams when experiencing difficulties."

"I'm not going to say we're happy because we didn't win the Spanish Super Cup, that would be hypocritical of me. But we intended to play like men and not fall on the ground at the slightest touch."

Touche.

Props up for Mourinho!

That's why he's the best coach in the world.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Mourinhismo can be brave, or brutal

Asked about the incident at the end of the Spanish Super Cup second leg (when he poked Pep Guardiola's assistant Tito Vilanova in the eye), José Mourinho replied: "I don't know who this Pito is..."

To seasoned watchers of the Real Madrid coach, who attempted to belittle Barcelona further by noting how "there were no ball boys in the second half, which is something typical of small teams," the mispronunciation of Vilanova's name will surely not come as a surprise.

After a Serie A match against Lecce during his first season at Inter, Mourinho was criticized by his opposite number Mario Beretta for sending his assistant Beppe Baresi to appear in front of the media, a tactic he has used frequently with Aitor Karanka at Real Madrid.

The unorthodox dressing down Mourinho subsequently gave Beretta, which came after 'io non sono un pirla' and before 'zeru tituli' quickly became part of his legendary glossary in Italy.

"Barnetta spoke to me in the stadium and said nothing," Mourinho scoffed, deliberately mangling Beretta's name. "Perhaps he has to work on his personality if he doesn't know how to speak with colleagues and then sends messages through the press."

Beretta, to his credit, later invited Mourinho to dinner and offered to pay. Then, after losing his job at Lecce, he went to study his antagonist's methods at Inter's training ground in Appiano Gentile.

At the moment, a similar case of rapprochement between Mourinho and Vilanova appears unlikely. To quote the self-proclaimed Special One from his early days at Benfica when the Lisbon club's board proposed that the young coach be flanked on the bench by the older and wiser Jesualdo Ferreira, "even if a mule works for 30 years it will never become a horse."

It doesn't take an expert in the equine field or that of psychology to detect that if Mourinho were to still think of himself as a horse then right now he'd be wild, roaming the steppe, apparently unbreakable, living according to his own rules.

The attack on Vilanova, though not his first after a clash with Andrea Ramazzotti in December 2009 for which he was unrepentant and later joked that it had made the Corriere dello Sport reporter more famous than his namesake (the Italian pop singer Eros), sparked outrage for several reasons.

First for the disgraceful eye-gouge. Second for the reputation of his unwitting victim. Vilanova is known in Spain as El Marqués on account of the nobility found in his gestures.

As a player he apparently grew upset if the balls weren't fully inflated or the pitch wasn't in great condition. Thierry Henry called Vilanova "the míster's twin brother." In short, an attack on him could be construed as one on Guardiola.

El País disagreed, suggesting in a provocative piece on Friday that Mourinho didn't poke Vilanova in the eye, but rather the Real Madrid President Florentino Pérez.

"Now is the most important moment in Pérez's presidency," wrote José Samana. "It's his responsibility without delay to proclaim whether Real Madrid wants to be Real Madrid or Estudiantes de la Plata, the eternal symbol of rowdy and tough football."

Invoking the memory of Osvaldo Zubeldía's anti-fútbol side, that of the late `60s, which featured Carlos Bilardo purportedly carrying pins on to the pitch to jab opponents, is to reinforce the idea that Mourinho's football philosophy isn't compatible with the traditions of Real Madrid, a club that must win but also convince.

"You don't arrive at glory through a path of roses," Zubeldía once quipped. Many a commentator has suggested that Pérez entered into a Faustian pact with the devil when he appointed the Setúbal-born tactician, stopping at nothing to end Barcelona's dominance by giving Mourinho unprecedented power at Valdebebas.

But Madrid's Mephistopheles can point to closing the gap with the Catalan giants through positive tactics not trickery. For instance, why not contrast the possession figures from the two legs of the Champions League clásico last season and those of the Super Cup this season. Real Madrid enjoyed approximately 26% and 33% of the balón in the former and 47% and 41% in the latter, an indication that Mourinho, a coach once famous for saying "we didn't want the ball", now seems to want it again.

Of course, possession as a statistic on its own is misleading. It's what you do with it that counts, as Barcelona showed when they went into half-time in the first leg 2-1 up despite being made to look as uncomfortable as they had ever been before under Guardiola.

What Madrid did differently this time was play higher up the pitch with their defense about 25 to 30m away from goal, their midfield 10 to 15m further forward, and their attack deep in Barcelona's half.

Whereas Victor Váldes had been allowed to comfortably play out from the back when the two sides met last season, the presence of seven Madrid players almost man-marking his 'short' options meant he committed five mistakes from goal kicks in the first leg and another 10 in the second.

Barcelona's center-backs, the players who start the team's moves often by shuffling wide so that the right or left-back can join the midfield line, were disrupted frequently, with the calm and collected Gerard Piqué appearing particularly unnerved in the opening stages of the second leg.

Indeed, Mourinho's side looked to play more in Barcelona's half than their own, pressing the ball-carrier and limiting the passes he could make with four or five Madrid players in close proximity to cut off the supply lines then recover the ball as close to goal as possible, in a dangerous position.

The 'bloque alto' contributed to Madrid ending the Super Cup with 26 shots to Barcelona's 13, another figure which, though essentially meaningless in light of their aggregate defeat, should encourage Mourinho to persist with a positive approach in future clásicos.

With that in mind, he can allow the mask to slip a little. Machismo doesn’t have to equate to Mourinhismo. Brutality can make way for bravado.

He doesn't have to be 'the enemy of football' and destroying the Spanish game, something which Piqué accused him of after the Super Cup, doesn't necessarily have to be his legacy in La Liga. Nor does dividing a nation, a reality laid bare by Iker Casillas when the Spain and Real Madrid captain told TVE that "the Barcelona players threw themselves to the ground like always."

"This could end badly if unchecked," Guardiola lamented. "I can do something with my players, and make sure that they behave their best, but I do not give lessons to anyone else."

It’s up to Mourinho. So what's it to be? Real Madrid or Estudiantes de la Plata? A path of roses or one of thorns?

James Horncastle is a European soccer writer with articles published in the Guardian, The Blizzard, Champions and Four Four Two.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...na-vs-real-madrid-bravery-or-brutality-082011

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Spokesman:Mourinho does'nt regret Spanish Supercup antics MADRID The Associated Pres

Jose Mourinho is not going to apologize for his behaviour during his team's recent 3-2 loss to Barcelona in the Spanish Supercup, his spokesman said Sunday Aug. 21, 2011 10:35AM EDT

Eladio Parames told Spanish newspaper El Mundo that “Jose will not ask for forgiveness. He firmly believes that he was defending the interests of Real Madrid.

The Portuguese coach poked a finger in the eye of Barcelona assistant Tito Vilanova after a wild tackle by Madrid defender Marcelo on Barcelona newcomer Cesc Fabregas sparked a scuffle between the two sides at Camp Nou stadium on Wednesday.

Mourinho was also seen making inappropriate gestures toward Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Daniel Alves.

He later made a derogatory remark about Vilanova in the postgame news conference and accused Barcelona's ball boys of time wasting, saying the tactic was something a “small-time” club would do.

Parames said that the former Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan coach has not been swayed by the criticism he has received in both the foreign and local media.

(Mourinho) doesn't care what the press says, he only cares about what Madrid's fans think,” Parames said.

Last season, Madrid and Barcelona played four matches in 18 days in April which were characterized by fights, diving and accusations of feigned injuries.

That eventually led to Mourinho being banned for five matches for alleging that referees and UEFA favoured Barcelona.

Neither Spanish powerhouse played this weekend after the first week of the Spanish league was delayed due to a strike by players seeking a new collective bargaining deal with improved salary guarantees.

Schedule