First Half:

Gigio
Calabria-Gabbia-Kessie-Lax
Biglia-Breschianini
Paqueta-Hakan-Rebic
Ibra

Second Half:

45' Salad > Paqueta
60' Leao > Breschianini (Drop Hakan back next to Biglia)
70' Krunic > Rebic (Hakan LW, Krunic drops back next to Biglia)
80' Colombo > Ibra

That looks like horror fiction holy... We are gonna get clapped

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Imagine Calabria vs D.Zapata shiverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssss

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Let us ruin the little hope they have left.
Fck pioli if they score more than 4 goals

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Why do most people put Kessie as CB? Biglia-Krunic as midfield duo sounds horrible

We need four in the back. Who else can you place next to Gabbia?
Hopefully we have a new primavera CB that can be subbed in the second half.

Honestly, if we have to, I would rather play Biglia at CB and keep Kessie at DM.

One of the reasons that Biglia has stunk lately is that he can't move as well, so he gets in trouble in space. The further back we push him, the less that is an issue.

At the same time, Kessie has been incredible at DM. I don't get making a position of strength one of weakness to fill another hole. Kessie and Krunic isn't a bad midfield. Kessie can basically blanket Gomez all game, and hope that slows up their attack enough that Gabbia and Biglia don't get absolutely overwhelmed.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match Day! Forza Milan!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
:cry: Will miss Romagnoli

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Revenge please for our last match up!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Honestly, if we have to, I would rather play Biglia at CB and keep Kessie at DM.

One of the reasons that Biglia has stunk lately is that he can't move as well, so he gets in trouble in space. The further back we push him, the less that is an issue.

At the same time, Kessie has been incredible at DM. I don't get making a position of strength one of weakness to fill another hole. Kessie and Krunic isn't a bad midfield. Kessie can basically blanket Gomez all game, and hope that slows up their attack enough that Gabbia and Biglia don't get absolutely overwhelmed.

I understand your point, Kessie should stay at DM were he is playing well atm. But Biglia in defence would be horrible, the only way to compensate for a total lack of mobility, is with amazing anticipation that he does not posses.

Couple all of that with the fact that Atalanta's attackers run like they have a NOS boost, and we may very well see a repeat of the first leg, if not worse with Biglia at CD.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we'll be defending with a low 451 block like we did under Gattuso. Having Biglia shuffle in a double pivot against Atalanta will be suicide, so I think Hakan will always drop back into a LCM position so Biglia can have less space to cover horizontally and also be free to close down any spaces that open up behind Hakan/Kessie. This can free up Rebic/Saelemaekers a bit on the opposite flank so we can always have a direct option behind Atalanta's midfield with a pass to Ibra. I Rebic/Saelemakers know that they dont ALWAYS have to track the wingbacks (since Hakan/Kessie are helping out) then they can choose to burst forward into space when a turnover seems likely.

This switching and rotation will also confuse the Atalanta man marking system and would make our counters much more effective. I'd expect Leao to be getting a lot of chances in the second half once we sub Ibra out.

I'm curious to see if we still dare to press their goal kicks really high like we've been doing recently. Atalanta don't give a fuck about proving they can pass out the back, they don't mind hitting the ball long into space and can break a press pretty easily anyway because their back 3 and width gives them so many options for a safe pass. I don't know, i'd rather we not do that this game and always quickly drop to a low block to make sure Biglia isn't exposed.

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Gonna be an ugly game, but I still expect us to win. At the very worst a draw

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'm concerned about Laxalt and how little composure he has when under pressure. Gasperini will ruthlessly use him as the obvious pressing trigger. Best it's limited activity coming from the left-hand side tonight.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
zHjOwJ7k

Never forget.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Kjaer might be fit enough to start this one. I really hope so.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I still have nightmares from last game. I fear another humiliating loss tonight.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Kjaer and Castillejo called up

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Having Kjaer makes me feel better about this one.

Donna
Calabria - Kjaer - Gabbia - Laxalt
Biglia - Kessie
Samu - Hakan - Rebic
Ibra

Need to play Atalanta's game and just go for the kill I think. They have no Ilicic and are secured for CL, so may not take this game as "serious" for their upcoming CL matches.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fill Kjaer up with placenta and elephant tranquilizers

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Even Duarte is back

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Samu should easily find Ibra's head.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kjaer, Duarte and Samu are in the squad?
That's nice, but it feels like the CBs are being rushed back due to this extreme situation. Still I'd start Kjaer since he at least isn't coming back from a long layoff.

The biggest concern is still the fullbacks, Gabbia, and the space which the mids will leave behind.
If Biglia decides to push up like against Parma game then this could get really ugly once again.
Rebic needs to be careful.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Too bad we're facing them with such a weak squad. Will be hard to get sweet revenge... considering our recent form, I really think we could've steamrolled them and have a match full of goals

Let's hope Pioli can pull off a tactical masterclass.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Too bad we're facing them with such a weak squad. Will be hard to get sweet revenge... considering our recent form, I really think we could've steamrolled them and have a match full of goals

Let's hope Pioli can pull off a tactical masterclass.

Yep, they have no Ilicic and haven't been their usual self the last two games. If it weren't for Theo and Bennacer being out I'd think we have a real chance. Now, I'd be happy for a draw but still believe we can pull out a win somehow.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Really hoping Krunic starts over Biglia

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'm fearing the worst but hoping for the best. Certainly not ideal to have 3 out of 4 players from the regular back-line absent against a free-scoring Atalanta side.

Really hoping Krunic starts over Biglia

Seconded :thumbsup:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably the most difficult game of the season.

We have a momentum to keep but also have a team that is wrecked.