Is Allegri the man for the job?

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Seriously Dru, if you want to troll, please do a better job at it... I'm waiting for the moment to troll back but your recent posts are very meh trying to play the martyr and "ohh- I'm such a fan" card.
Seriously FUCK YOU. You have been posting loads of shit about me not being a Milan fan because I don't suck iHomo's cock....now this? Fuck off. I never bothered you or came after you in anyway. But you iHomo groupies take ANY criticism of iHomoshit personally and direct it at me. Once again fuck right off and keep my name out of your posts. thanks in adv :)

I only want the BEST for my Milan in ALL respects, footballwise, financially, aesthetically, tactically, morally, sponsorwise etc etc. If you have a problem with me being an idealist that's fine but you seem to be coming after me all the fucking time and it's getting annoying.
My opinion is MINE. Allegri isn't absolute shit but it's MY opinion that he's not the right fit for an ambitious club....You think it would be totally impossible for some n00b to come in and play ugly defensive time wasting football and win at Bartha? Hardly and I'm not saying Allegri's exactly doing that either. You talk about me trolling iHomo's thread and I'm guilty as charged but get the fuck off my back as well :mad:

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Did Carlo ever send his entire team down to the corner flag? Did Carlo ever keep the opposition box completely empty? lolz brain smarter!

LOL!

No, you go and REALLY watch Milan first ;)

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
LOL!

If you're talking about us being impotent in attack I'll agree with you. We were like that a lot under Carlo and sometimes when we needed a goal he would bring on Emerson :proud:

BUT I've never seen Carlo use the WEALTH of attacking talent Allegri has to play the way Allegri does. Must say though it's an unfair comparison cause Carlo has way more experience

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
LOL!

As much as I don't wanna bash carlo, allegri';s team is more attacking "IN GENERAL". Carlo's team had excellent balance and flow, but overall didn't attack same way. Sure when Carlo had the players his teams 'attacked more'. But he also played 2 to 3 dms, 1 striker etc. depending on best personnel available.

But if you watch way the two teams play, Allegri's is more committed to attacking in general. No knocl on Carlo. I still prefer his football, it offers excellent balance and good play.

With regards to team played. No Pato, No Pippo, No Treqaurtista... i mean he can't convert fldamini into an attacking winger (oh wait, he kind of has :D)

The corner flag stalling? I mean Bartha does that stuff, and they are most attacking side in world. EVERYONE does it. It's not a big deal.

I think Allegri's found best balance possible so far with team at end. I know, having watched enough cagliari and Milan under him to see what his ideal tactics are. He doesn't have players to run it.

He wanted seedorf to play his half-winger CM role. But Clarence isn't fit enough. He wanted Ron to play in the hole but god fucking knows whats happened w/ Ron. And so forth.

I'm hoping we sign some creative all action midfielders, they'll what make allegri's tactics 'appear' better to the average eye. Because as much as i like flamini and boateng's work rate. Imagine Schweinstager or iniesta or someone with more skill in that role? Thats what he's looking for (AND asked for)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Seriously FUCK YOU. You have been posting loads of shit about me not being a Milan fan because I don't suck iHomo's cock....now this? Fuck off. I never bothered you or came after you in anyway. But you iHomo groupies take ANY criticism of iHomoshit personally and direct it at me. Once again fuck right off and keep my name out of your posts. thanks in adv :)

I only want the BEST for my Milan in ALL respects, footballwise, financially, aesthetically, tactically, morally, sponsorwise etc etc. If you have a problem with me being an idealist that's fine but you seem to be coming after me all the fucking time and it's getting annoying.
My opinion is MINE. Allegri isn't absolute shit but it's MY opinion that he's not the right fit for an ambitious club....You think it would be totally impossible for some n00b to come in and play ugly defensive time wasting football and win at Bartha? Hardly and I'm not saying Allegri's exactly doing that either. You talk about me trolling iHomo's thread and I'm guilty as charged but get the fuck off my back as well :mad:

yay

I out-trolled you, didn't think it was possible at first, you looked like a man on a mission.

But alright, I'll get of your back. But it would be good if you could put some insights and arguments in your criticism about the club. Now it's just blind noobish hate.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
If you're talking about us being impotent in attack I'll agree with you. We were like that a lot under Carlo and sometimes when we needed a goal he would bring on Emerson :proud:

BUT I've never seen Carlo use the WEALTH of attacking talent Allegri has to play the way Allegri does. Must say though it's an unfair comparison cause Carlo has way more experience

didn't half this forum knock allegri for trying to play too many attacking players? Lioke Clarence in central midfield (clearly for more creativity) and 3 attackers (cause that was our 'deepest' position)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
GGEsP.jpg

:o:o:o

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Did Carlo ever send his entire team down to the corner flag? Did Carlo ever keep the opposition box completely empty? lolz brain smarter!
I love Carlo, but in his last two years with us he used to play the last 15-20 mins without a striker a lot of games (when we were leading).

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
We had a striker in those games. Ambro! :proud: :D

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
We had a striker in those games. Ambro! :proud: :D

A quick wikipedia check... Ambro has scored 7 goals in 28 Serie A games in the last season with Carlo. Not bad for a makeshift striker.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I love Carlo, but in his last two years with us he used to play the last 15-20 mins without a striker a lot of games (when we were leading).

pwned :D

kaka, ronaldinho played quite often uptop alone.

Secondly you lose a FB and you're down a man you absolutely take off a striker. It's really not even a question. There isn't a single coach who doesn't take robinho off if he's up 1-0 and down a man

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is not better to judge Allegri's job by the 60 minutes we played 11 x 11, and we have more chances to score, maybe more possession, and were the more dangerous team on the field than by the emergency strategy that 1 man down and Inter kamikaze tactics forced us to take?

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Cant blame him for the Trequartista, hes done the best possible that he can/could with the squad presented to him including the new signings. Hes getting the best out of them.

One should realize that in 12 matches played in Serie A so far we have 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. Total of 26points. Compared to last season, we had 6 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in 12 matches. We had a total of 22 points then and had only played Inter, Roma and Napoli who were more or less the top teams. This season we have played about 7 games already against top quality side and to be 4 points better than last season and in first place is a fantastic achievement for now.

Of course after out next 2 matches (Fiorentina and Sampdoria) we will have it much easier when we play the lesser teams so i hope Allegri maintains the good work hes doing and the team doesn't complacent.

This is not his control though. He can't magically make seedorf younger

Im not blaming him guys.. im just saying.. that he starting to show some work.. ending with the 'Pirlos Era'.. and bringing back a italian way of play football back to Milan. I think is really hard benched a guy like Pirlo.. but what you gonna do?

Now.. they gonna see that the team needs a playmaker with more pace.. with 25 minutes Inter starts to play coz the player that make our game was already tired. And i dont see Ronaldinho as a anwser.

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
to me its pretty obvious pirlo should be replaced by another italian. the only problem is that the good midfielders that can take his spot will never come to milan...de rossi, marchisio, aquilani

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Im not blaming him guys.. im just saying.. that he starting to show some work.. ending with the 'Pirlos Era'.. and bringing back a italian way of play football back to Milan. I think is really hard benched a guy like Pirlo.. but what you gonna do?

He didn't really bench Pirlo. He gave him a rest while he got a knock as well. Just see how Pirlo will be back when fully fit.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
He didn't really bench Pirlo. He gave him a rest while he got a knock as well. Just see how Pirlo will be back when fully fit.

Lets see.. i think Pirlo will only play now when seedorf went out.

Reaction score
Allegri is using the (Brazil Dunga) defensive tatics. Beating a depleated Inter is no a measurre of this new Milan selection. We will see when they come up against a quality team how shallow this selectin is.

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think we are playing decently for a italian club.. back to the roots.. ppl get used to see Pirlo giving a class touch in the middle.. but someday this would eventually end.. and i think allegri saw this day come, after the game with Juve few weeks ago.

Course to win a CL we need more.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
People are too quick to judge Allegri for using this 'defensive lineup'

It's almost 100% because of our lack of options due to injuries.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
People are too quick to judge Allegri for using this 'defensive lineup'

It's almost 100% because of our lack of options due to injuries.

How is it +1 :star:...uhm I rather stick with "This", so This. Pirlo injured, Pato injured, Pippo injured, Dinho not helping his cause ATM...basically we only have Seedorf and Zlatan.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
NO! Allegri doesn't use Verdi, Beretta, Ganz when our strikers are injured so therefore he's a defensive coach.

I mean wtf, he got like 99 DM's and no attacking mid other than Seedorf really. And I don't think Pirlo is benched, when he regains his fitness he'll be on the pitch. Allegri has said himself he's a important player.

Didn't he play fairly offensive when he was a cagliari coach? don't remember exactly...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And only two months ago he was criticized for the opposite reason because he played with Seedorf, Pirlo and Ronaldinho and only one destroyer in the midfield at Bernabeu...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
NO! Allegri doesn't use Verdi, Beretta, Ganz when our strikers are injured so therefore he's a defensive coach.

I mean wtf, he got like 99 DM's and no attacking mid other than Seedorf really. And I don't think Pirlo is benched, when he regains his fitness he'll be on the pitch. Allegri has said himself he's a important player.

Didn't he play fairly offensive when he was a cagliari coach? don't remember exactly...

yup. he had creative mid (Lazzari) in flamini's role.

And milan's been attacking even in last few games. It's just when your midfield options are flamini, ambrosini, gattuso what exactly are you expecting attacking wise?

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
And only two months ago he was criticized for the opposite reason because he played with Seedorf, Pirlo and Ronaldinho and only one destroyer in the midfield at Bernabeu...

+1 Allegri did experimented a much more offensive stuff earlier on but now he seemed content with creating a more balanced squad.
I think he will call one or two primavera players soon, as it is still early in the season plus not calling a primavera striker on the bench against Inter or Fiorentina isn't a actually a strange thing IMO.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boateng is shooting from out of the box.. flamini making his runs.. seedorf with his class and ambro destroying everything..
I think is a good team.. Flamini/Boateng are avoiding those spaces that we give away in middle when Pirlo/seedorf/Ronaldo play.

and i dont see nothing from Dunga on Allegri.. he is more close to Sacchi.

Last edited:

LimerickMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Zidane, Maldini, McGrath, Keane, Weah, Shevchenko, Gullit, Figo, Ronaldo, Inzaghi,
I think Allegri is doing a good job. He seems to be a fine coach. Milan is a big job and the Club should back him up all the way. In general I like to have a manager stay for a few years, that brings stability. There are countless examples of clubs with ambition firing managers for no reason, things don't work out so the fire the next one too, it goes on and on...

Whatever happens over the next few seasons I don't think I'd call for his head. Backing the manager is a good recipe for success.

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score
Allegri is using the (Brazil Dunga) defensive tatics. Beating a depleated Inter is no a measurre of this new Milan selection. We will see when they come up against a quality team how shallow this selectin is.

we beat a quality Inter last night. Comprehensively. :D

Ibra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Van Basten, Van Bommel, Ibra, Inzaghi, Maldini, Silva, Gattuso

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think Allegri is doing a good job. He seems to be a fine coach. Milan is a big job and the Club should back him up all the way. In general I like to have a manager stay for a few years, that brings stability. There are countless examples of clubs with ambition firing managers for no reason, things don't work out so the fire the next one too, it goes on and on...

Whatever happens over the next few seasons I don't think I'd call for his head. Backing the manager is a good recipe for success.

They used to call them Inter

Now they call them Palermo

No worries tho. The universe will right itself again....

It has already started the process with our eventual Scudetto;)

Schedule