Lehmann used to play for milan

Euro_champs

Primavera
Reaction score
Read this and at the bottom it says that lehmann uesd to play for milan,i didnt know this how about u guys?

Inter Milan defender Marco Materazzi has blasted Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann in their war of words that has followed the Gunners 5-1 win in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The German keeper described Matterazi as unsportsman-like and 'typically Italian' after Tuesday's match.

However, the Italian defender, who spent a season in the Premiership with Everton, doesn't believe Lehmann is so innocent.

"Lehmann doesn't deserve to play with so many stars in England," Materazzi told the Gazzetta dello sport.

"English football is a synonym for fairness, however Lehmann acted in the opposite way to us.

"He tried to influence the German referee by telling him things we had not even said - like a small child," he added.

Lehmann had a brief and unsuccessful spell at Inter's rivals AC Milan.
Rob Hogley

Source:www.soccerage.com

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What period was he in Milan?

Never seem to recall him being at the club??
Maybe he was only given a trial but did not play any competitive game :(

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He was there for 1 season, 1998/1999.

Let's just say it wasn't a good experience...

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
it was a waste of money to sign him for AC Milan, sometimes he is a solid goalkeeper, and at Arsenal London he has more good matches than bad ones, in England he already had shown his tendency to do stupid mistakes... i dont like that he said in the media that he should be the number one in german national team instead of World best goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, some time ago, that was in a time as Olli Kahn made 1 or 2 bad games and Jens Lehmann played very well, im sure Oliver Kahn didnt like to hear that!!!
"Lehmann doesn't deserve to play with so many stars in England," Materazzi told the Gazzetta dello sport.
"He tried to influence the German referee by telling him things we had not even said - like a small child," he added.
thats damm childish, is he man or kid??? that was maybe an Advantage for Arsenal especially for Lehmann...
Who whistled the game Inter vs. Arsenal???????? what is the name????

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Yes, Lehmann played for Milan....and he is the only keeper I can remember that has ever been subbed in a agame for a lousy performance. Vs. Fiorentina one time, he conceded 3 goals in the first half (1 of which was scored by Rui Costa)....and Milan subbed him at half time. He had what is known as....an Italian nightmare.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Lehman was a number one and he got injured and than Rossi was replacing him while Lehman was injured and than Rossi got a red card and was banned for 5 matches and so Abbiati got his chance.He was a third goalkeeper than.And from that moment he was a number one until now

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
Yes, Lehmann played for Milan....and he is the only keeper I can remember that has ever been subbed in a agame for a lousy performance.
What about Monaco 8-3 Deportivo?

Molino got subbed too at half time.

Kwan2

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
lehmann is good on germany but poor in Italy!!!!
He couldn.t stop batistuta's shoot :head: :head:

do you know that MU's Tim Howard has trialed by Milan????? do you know else who has been trial with Milan???

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
K-J said:
Yes, Lehmann played for Milan....and he is the only keeper I can remember that has ever been subbed in a agame for a lousy performance.

He played while having a case of gastroenteritis...

... and a case of pathetic and amateur defenders :tongue:

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well i don't give a damn about lehman but i'm certanily happy cause everyone is hitting at marco the stupid materazzi no only milan :D but everyone .

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
lehman making some fatal mistakes... so milan sold him and replace him with abbiati....

Actually lehman is a good goalkeeper, but who knows why he played so bad in serie-a :o

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lehmann no doubt is good..otherwise Arsenal would never have signed him..but he isn't amongst the best in the world..for which i'm proud that Dida can categorically be placed amongst the best goalkeepers in the world...

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
mad4milan said:
K-J said:

He played while having a case of gastroenteritis...

... and a case of pathetic and amateur defenders :tongue:
None of them got substituted :rolleyes: ;)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
about rossi's 5-match suspension: remember the fly kick he did against a perugia-player to recieve it? true jet li-style, or should i say cantona.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
r4gs said:
Lehmann no doubt is good..otherwise Arsenal would never have signed him.

they also signed pascal cygan, ray parlour and someone called no-i-am-not-a-woman-lauren :smileani:

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
scharatz said:
r4gs said:
Lehmann no doubt is good..otherwise Arsenal would never have signed him.

they also signed pascal cygan, ray parlour and someone called no-i-am-not-a-woman-lauren :smileani:

Come on guys - Lehmann couldn't save my grandma's shot from 40 meters. Guy is something special - indeed! Dida is GOD 4 him

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
Lehmann... hahaha, oh yeah i remember him, he was a disaster for milan... i was kinda happy when we signed him from schalke, but the guy was just dead horrible... well the whole milan team was horrible that season (97-98 season) but as a goalie he was a crappy one...
i dont know why arsenal like the guy, may be he was ressurected or something, u know kinda like dida, he became good after having horrible season/s

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
lehmann was an idiot when he played for milan and he still is now.
the only reason arsenal wants him is because they couldnt sign abbiati and a lot of other keepers much much better than lehmann.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
PaTtA_9 said:
lehmann was an idiot when he played for milan and he still is now.
the only reason arsenal wants him is because they couldnt sign abbiati and a lot of other keepers much much better than lehmann.

LOL So TRUE! :D Jens Lehmann is a moron and I don't think Milanisti should even be talking about the fact that once upon a time he played for us! It's best to forget our shameful mistakes! :head: :eek: :D

Schedule