Suggestion For Moderators

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
Suggestion to implement for the new football season:

I think it would be better if only moderators could start new threads in the "Matches" forum. The reason I say this is that I remember last season sometimes there would be multiple threads about the same game and threads about games many weeks and even months away. It got very confusing and annoying. This would also make sure the titles of the threads were accurate.

Let me know what you think.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm all for that.

I remember last season when some goober opened a thread about the season finale vs. Roma about eight weeks in advance. :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
BMWTaylor said:
I'm all for that.

I remember last season when some goober opened a thread about the season finale vs. Roma about eight weeks in advance. :)

I'm with you on this. We should set a maximum limit of 2 weeks before each game before opening a thread. There seemed to be some sort of competition to open match thread.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Thanks for the input :) I think Gaizka's suggestion that we have a '2 week max' limit for starting a match thread is more feasible than permitting only moderators to open the threads.

Because the latter would put unnecessary burden on moderators and will result in users starting to ask 'when are you going to open this thread' or 'why have you not opened one till now' , accompanied with :rolleyes: and :o s . No offence meant, but you know what i mean :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I agree with Italian Tsar. Plus it's gonna be no fun if we open all the threads; that way we'll take all the blame when Milan lose :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Italian Tsar said:
Thanks for the input :) I think Gaizka's suggestion that we have a '2 week max' limit for starting a match thread is more feasible than permitting only moderators to open the threads.

Because the latter would put unnecessary burden on moderators and will result in users starting to ask 'when are you going to open this thread' or 'why have you not opened one till now' , accompanied with :rolleyes: and :o s . No offence meant, but you know what i mean :D

LOL :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Kyara said:
if we open all the threads; that way we'll take all the blame when Milan lose :D

Nah we wont. We would only blame you and sivie for suggesting it :D

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
I've got a sugesstion...let forum members post some revealing pics in the Sexy Lady thread ;)

A little boob never hurt anyone...

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
San Paolo said:
I've got a sugesstion...let forum members post some revealing pics in the Sexy Lady thread ;)

I agree with you ..

Let the kids have some fun :tongue:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Kyara said:
I agree with Italian Tsar. Plus it's gonna be no fun if we open all the threads; that way we'll take all the blame when Milan lose :D
You can choose the esay games to open... For example, Last season i had opened 2 games, Milan won both of them : 2-0 Livorno and 3-1 Messina:D . Just kidding, but i don't think we will blame the person who opens the game while Milan lost that game.

I remembered Milansom almost keep more than 10 games unbeaten !:eek:

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
San Paolo said:

well as long as the thread's name clearly states what it mite contain i dnt see why not but again im just suggesting an idea im not really too bothered overall as long as we are allowed to post pics which just dont show private areas of the body

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I went unbeaten in all the match threads I opened last season. :D

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Yuchen Fish said:
You can choose the esay games to open... For example, Last season i had opened 2 games, Milan won both of them : 2-0 Livorno and 3-1 Messina:D . Just kidding, but i don't think we will blame the person who opens the game while Milan lost that game.

I remembered Milansom almost keep more than 10 games unbeaten !:eek:

Thanks, but i lost Lecce match :head: .. (it was a very important that game for us)

BMWTaylor said:
I went unbeaten in all the match threads I opened last season :

Congt ;) me too i was unbeaten for CL matchs!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I took the burden of opening the 2nd leg match thread VS Barca :tongue:

Oh well, at least we didn't really lose it :tongue:

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Kyara said:
I took the burden of opening the 2nd leg match thread VS Barca :tongue:

Oh well, at least we didn't really lose it :tongue:

Maybe if you didnt open it...the goal would have stood...oh well :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I'm not supesticious(spelling is wong eh?) but iwas the Derby "hero". The first one obviusly:D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally like it this way.

I may put an announcement up in the "Matches" forum though, so newbies would know how we like to run that one around these parts. ;)

Rex

Reaction score
David said:
I personally like it this way.

I may put an announcement up in the "Matches" forum though, so newbies would know how we like to run that one around these parts. ;)

That fairly sounds good. I'm all for this. :)

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Hall of shame ... LOL!

But where are the Lyon fans.?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I don't like club names in the hall of shame. I think that there should be names of the users or Milan fans should be added aswell.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Jasper said:
I don't like club names in the hall of shame. I think that there should be names of the users or Milan fans should be added aswell.

Agreed

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Point taken.

Though sifting through the user base is a daunting task. :D I'd rather disband it.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's because I've removed it.

You were in it. ;) :tongue:

Schedule