Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Frankie Edgar,man that last fight.Movie type shit!

Not only the last fight. He was epic in both fights with Maynard.

Mittrione is really charismatic, isn't he?!

He's awesome. But I don't think he's talented enough (or lets say that he got into the fighting business to late) to win a title. But you never know...

And you should put Minotauro on your favorites. Minotauro has the biggest heart and balls ever in the MMA history.

I love Minotauro. Legend!

But what he did in his last fight made me lose a lot of respect for him. To me it was like an intentional own goal in football. First because he got in that position to start with and second because he let Mir brake his arm.

Man I was sooooo pissed!

--------

Btw, I listed only UFC fighters in that list. FEDOR is definitely top 3 in my list. Probably my favourite fighter ever. Scratch that, he IS my favourite fighter ever.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Not only the last fight. He was epic in both fights with Maynard.

He's awesome. But I don't think he's talented enough (or lets say that he got into the fighting business to late) to win a title. But you never know...

I love Minotauro. Legend!

But what he did in his last fight made me lose a lot of respect for him. To me it was like an intentional own goal in football. First because he got in that position to start with and second because he let Mir brake his arm.

Man I was sooooo pissed!

--------

Btw, I listed only UFC fighters in that list. FEDOR is definitely top 3 in my list. Probably my favourite fighter ever. Scratch that, he IS my favourite fighter ever.

Mittrione went to his fight against Kongo without having a clue of a what to do in the ground, he's just a man with heavy hands. Kongo is also clueless in the ground but still, proved to be better than Mittrione.

It's hard to believe that there are still fighters who can't find in the ground after so many years trainning MMA.

I think that Minotauro didn't scored a own goal or lost one like Robinho. I think that he had the ball stoped on his feet without any GK or player marking him, right in front of the goal line and decided to shoot outisde.

3 or 4 more punches would end that fight, Mir was already out. Minotauro said that the referee told him to not punch the back of Mir's head but I don't think that it was the reason why he did that. I think that he was angry because he lost the first fight by k.o. and thought: "Ok, now I proved that I'm better than him at striking, now I'll prove that I can also submit" and Mir is a great fighter, you can't just fool around against him.

And the referee also cheated on Minotauro on the first fight. His arms and legs were still up when the referee stoped it and gave the victory to Mir. If every fight that Minotauro got punched hard had ended like this, then he'd have almost no victories. lol

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that there are still fighters who can't find in the ground after so many years trainning MMA.

It's amazingly stupid. But the evolution of the sport will take care of them, and those fighters are only in the game for the money anyway. Compared to 10 or even 5 years ago the ground work of the fighters in general is completely different.

I think that Minotauro didn't scored a own goal or lost one like Robinho. I think that he had the ball stoped on his feet without any GK or player marking him, right in front of the goal line and decided to shoot outisde.

That's almost worst than a intentional own goal. :D

And the referee also cheated on Minotauro on the first fight. His arms and legs were still up when the referee stoped it and gave the victory to Mir. If every fight that Minotauro got punched hard had ended like this, then he's have almost no victories. lol

So true. I remember the Fedor fights in particular.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The Reem just DESTROYED Lesnar.

Absolutely toyed with him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Phan vs Hettes.What a great performance by the kid,first time i see him but amazing.He totally dominated Phan,shame it didnt end with a k.o.

Second fight was so gay.

Third fight,what was that 13 seconds?One punch K.O,awesome beard man :lol::lol::lol:

4th fight.Bruce Lee type shit,again shame no k.o.

Cowboy vs Diaz.Now that was a fucking awesome fight,Diaz awesome first round made the difference.Im not one for boxing,but that was fucking sharp from Diaz.Cowboy recovered,but didn't do enough damage with the kicks to turn it around.I dont understand why he didn't jump on him the few times he took him down with the kicks.

Should be more confident about his ground game.All in all,Diaz totally deserved it.

The heavy weight main even fight.How do people even like this shit?It was fucking lame,just two gorrilaz one with more power in the kick then the other.Lame as fuck.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Awesome event! Enjoyed it from the start to end.

Nam Phan vs. Jimy Hettes

I knew about Phan, but I've never even heard of Hettes. What a performance, he really did everything with Phan who's shown twice that he can stand with great fighters. But Hettes showed that the way to beat him is simply to use wrestling.

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson

Awesome stuff from Gustafsson again. I trained at the same gym as him 3 years ago when he started out his MMA career. I remember people talking about him all the time, how hard he hit. I want him to face a real tough opponent now so that he can show what he really can do. Hamill is a tough guy, but Gustafsson needs someone better than him and Matyushenko.

Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks

Yes, yes, yes!!! That motherfucker got knocked out before he managed to bore us all to death. I guess this pic isn't true after all. :D

Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone

Fuck! I knew where this fight was going when the bell rang and the Cowboy stormed Diaz. That's not the way to fight any of the Diaz brothers and Cerrone knows that. :fp: I guess Diaz won this fight before even getting into the octagon. He really got into Cerrone's head in the pre-fight stuff. Diaz created some serious bad blood and got Cerrone wound up. The reason why Cerrone was having such a great period as a fighter is because he had managed to keep his discipline in the fights.

But now he tried to box with Diaz. No muay thay, no wrestling, no ground and pound. He tried to box with the best boxer in the division. Diaz said thank you and started to go off on him like he was in the gym with the mitts. Cerrone had no head movement at all. He's much better than this. What the fuck was he thinking? Every time he floored him with his trips he just let Diaz get back to his feet. FFS, you're down on points, get on top of him and hold him down so that you can win the round(s) you idiot!

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem

This was me during this fight: :lol::lol::lol:

I mean, have you ever heard of a "fighter" that's afraid of getting hit? That's unheard of really. Brock is such a pussy and the only reason he's where he's is because he's a freak athlete. Lesnar is not a fighter and I'm happy that he's retired, although a part of me wanted him to fight Dos Santos for a total humiliation.

But Overeem vs. Dos Santos is a much better match up. This is a fight between the best kickboxer and the best boxer in the division, or maybe whole MMA-world. Some crazy shit is going to happen.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A cowboy and a hunter were down.

It would only be better if they died.

Not good that Lesnar retired though. The heavyweight class is now weaker and most of top fighters are injured.

He should grow balls and try to improve his boxing.

About the UFC 141... the main card was amazing but the preliminaries... holy shit! So much skinny guys with pillow-hands... fucking boring.

I'm considering not watching the preliminaries anymore.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not good that Lesnar retired though. The heavyweight class is now weaker and most of top fighters are injured.

He should grow balls and try to improve his boxing.

In what way is the weight class weaker? He's a poser, nothing else. Maybe it's less of a show now, but that's only good. Now we don't have to wait for mega hyped fights that end in :fp:'s.

Brock is afraid of getting hit. Doesn't matter how much he tries to improve his boxing.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lesnar is overrated but definitely not a flop. You don't become a champion on a solo sport by only getting overhyped.

Like most of top fighters, he should improve his weak side, that is the boxing but instead, he got beated and quited.

This fight was great, that's how fights between two very strong fighters happen, it only takes one second to decide it. Cain is a great fighter and still, Cigano needed one punch to in the first round to decide it.

Plus, most of heavyweight fighters well-known top fighters are injured. It's just very bad to the class to lose a fighter like this, even he being a stupid moron.

If it was to lose Lesnar, than it would be okay if he died, not walk away.

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

He is probably my favourite as well. I never really thought about a top 10, but my favourite ones historically (from all orgs) are in no order (lots of old school fighters):

Fedor
Bas Rutten
Rickson Gracie
Frank Shamrock
Minotauro
Alistair Overeem
Josh Barnett
Rampage
Shogun
Shinya Aoki
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He is probably my favourite as well. I never really thought about a top 10, but my favourite ones historically (from all orgs) are in no order (lots of old school fighters):

Fedor
Bas Rutten
Rickson Gracie
Frank Shamrock
Minotauro
Alistair Overeem
Josh Barnett
Rampage
Shogun
Shinya Aoki
Vitor Belfort
Dan Henderson

Rutten, Rampage and Belfort are awesome, would probably make my list as well if I'd listed more historically. The Pride era had awesome fighters and fights, the sport was a lot more underground back then and they also had head stomps :tongue:

Nice to see that we at least have 3-4 MMA interested members, more people should post in this thread. Where are you, Oneunited??

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Lesnar is overrated but definitely not a flop. You don't become a champion on a solo sport by only getting overhyped.

Yes you do. Lesnar was nothing but a marketing project, he only survived because he's so big and strong.

Just look at his fights. First one against Hearring who's not a top fighter, it was the perfect welcome fight. Two against Mir, he got caught in a leg lock in the first one and just sat on Mir in the second and threw rabbit punches at him. Then against a 45 year old Randy Couture who's waaaay past it.

The only fight you MIGHT be able to give him some credit is the Carwin fight. But that idiot Carwin won the fight just to give it up due to fatigue. Had he been a little smarter Brock would have been knocked out in the first round.

Cain and Overeem just toyed with him.

I'm not saying that Brock shouldn't fight in the UFC, I'm saying that putting him in the top echelon right away was just a marketing piece, because talent wise he's definitely not worth it.

I'm so happy that this WWE freak is out of the UFC.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Nice to see that we at least have 3-4 MMA interested members, more people should post in this thread. Where are you, Oneunited??

Yup,man up guys :D

So UFC 142 RIO ALDO VS MENDES coming up.

I have no idea who any of this fighters are.Who should i watch out for ?What matches will be the most interesting ones?

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes you do. Lesnar was nothing but a marketing project, he only survived because he's so big and strong.

Just look at his fights. First one against Hearring who's not a top fighter, it was the perfect welcome fight. Two against Mir, he got caught in a leg lock in the first one and just sat on Mir in the second and threw rabbit punches at him. Then against a 45 year old Randy Couture who's waaaay past it.

The only fight you MIGHT be able to give him some credit is the Carwin fight. But that idiot Carwin won the fight just to give it up due to fatigue. Had he been a little smarter Brock would have been knocked out in the first round.

Cain and Overeem just toyed with him.

I'm not saying that Brock shouldn't fight in the UFC, I'm saying that putting him in the top echelon right away was just a marketing piece, because talent wise he's definitely not worth it.

I'm so happy that this WWE freak is out of the UFC.

Well being big and strong is part of being a good fighter and his wrestling skills are very good too. Not saying that Lesnar was one of the best of all time or tha he wasn't overhyped but the heavyweight class now lost a good fighter. You actually agreed that he had the level to be there.

I'm now just hopping that Cormier agrees to fight on the heavyweights of UFC and that Barnett and UFC get a peaceful agreement because for some reason, I think that they don't get along too much.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well being big and strong is part of being a good fighter and his wrestling skills are very good too. Not saying that Lesnar was one of the best of all time or tha he wasn't overhyped but the heavyweight class now lost a good fighter. You actually agreed that he had the level to be there.

I'm now just hopping that Cormier agrees to fight on the heavyweights of UFC and that Barnett and UFC get a peaceful agreement because for some reason, I think that they don't get along too much.

Being big and strong is not part of being a fighter... if you know what I mean. Like I said before, he's a freak athlete, but he's not a fighter. His wrestling is good though.

And yes, maybe I'm hating on the guy to much, but he really talks like he's some fucking Fedor or something. Irritates the shit out of me.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I have no idea who any of this fighters are.Who should i watch out for ?What matches will be the most interesting ones?

Aldo has been called one of the best p4p fighters in the world. I think it's just a matter of time before he moves up a weight class. Not enough competition for him in featherweight. Anderson Silva said that he would retire if Aldo was in his division. :D

Belfort vs. Johnson is the fight I look forward to the most. Belfort is a legend and Johnson is an up and coming fighter who could turn out really good. This could be a war.

Barboza vs. Etim is a fight between two two of the most talented youngsters, should be interesting. The winner of this fight may move into the top 5.

Also Gabriel Gonzaga will fight in the prelims, he was very good like three years ago, knocking people out and shit. Don't know really what happened to him, he's a monster though. Knock out power in his hand and a BJJ black belt.

It's an interesting event, nothing spectacular though.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Capitao, this event is in Rio, you're not thinking of going?

The UFC will come to Sweden on the 14th of April next year, I'm just waiting for the ticket release. I really don't want to miss out of this.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aldo has been called one of the best p4p fighters in the world. I think it's just a matter of time before he moves up a weight class. Not enough competition for him in featherweight. Anderson Silva said that he would retire if Aldo was in his division. :D

Belfort vs. Johnson is the fight I look forward to the most. Belfort is a legend and Johnson is an up and coming fighter who could turn out really good. This could be a war.

Barboza vs. Etim is a fight between two two of the most talented youngsters, should be interesting. The winner of this fight may move into the top 5.

Also Gabriel Gonzaga will fight in the prelims, he was very good like three years ago, knocking people out and shit. Don't know really what happened to him, he's a monster though. Knock out power in his hand and a BJJ black belt.

Watching INSIDE MMA now for a preview of the card,thanks for explaining though.JONNY STRONG IS INVITED :star::star::star::star:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitao, this event is in Rio, you're not thinking of going?

The UFC will come to Sweden on the 14th of April next year, I'm just waiting for the ticket release. I really don't want to miss out of this.

The cheapest ticket was R$ 138,00 (58 euros, expensive for a brazilian) and I'd have to pay a São Paulo-Rio bus ticket that is around R$ 70,00 plus 5 hours until to arrive there so... to much money and effort.

Gabriel Gonzaga is going to fight Edinaldo Lula, that used to fight on Jungle Fight, the biggest MMA event in south-america and he is so far undefeated even though he never fought an world class fighter.

Edinaldo is 2 meters tall and a good fighter but too much weak. He is not massive at all and doesn't even reach 110kg. He got in a serious trouble when he fought a massive 191 cm and 130 kg fighter, that just tossed he on the floor like he was Robinho. He won this fight because the strong guy was too much tired to start the second round.

You also need to watch Toquinho's fight. He's a badass madman mother fucker and everyone in Brazil is looking forward to his fight. He's very strong and short to his weight class and a jiu-jitsu/leg-locks expert.

There would be fight involving Paulo Thiago, from BOPE, but unfortunatelly he got an injury.

Maldonado's fight was also canceled.

UFC might be going to Sweden probably thanks to Gustafsson. I think that his next fight might be against Minotouro.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Deleted Inside MMA after some 15 minutes,my god the hosts are annoying as fuck.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barbosa omfg,that was awesome!!!Wheel kick finish,no one has done it so flawless before!!!

Watching the rest of the event now,hope its just as good as the first fight.

EDIT : OMFG AGAIN,Silva in what 20 seconds??Man Brazilians sure know how to entertain.

Second edit: illegal head blows?The refs are fucking ********,maybe one slipped when he hammer fisted him..but thats a fucking disgrace.Mario is a great ref,but with the replay they should be able to change the decision.

Third fight was rather boring,but that guy does a brilliant leg lock.

Vitor vs Rumble was good also,the crowd was amazing though.I think that played a big part in him recovering from that first minute,when Rumble re arranged half his face.

Aldo!!!!Holy shit didn't expect that.I absolutely love this event, didn't know anything about the fighters before the fight,but my god this was a good card.His reaction after the win was awesome,running into the crowed.Mendez was classy afterwards also.

Must watch event for any UFC fans.

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great event! Awesome fights, very brutal, even the lower weight classes fighters were throwing knock outs, that's just awesome! I'm not a nationalist the UFC Brazil were one of the best again!

The next event now seems that will be a little boring but the next one will have an awesome main event. Bisping x Maia, Sonnen x Muñoz and Davis x Rashad.

Poor Rashad, waited so much to fight Jon Jones and now will probably lose the chance again. Davis is a freak!

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Used to love UFC and Pride when our local TV broadcast it. But when they stopped it, i'm barely follow it. Recently i bough the the dvd UFC Ultimate Knockouts9. Saw Jon Jones KO Shogun Roa, and Cain Velasquez destroyed Brock Lesnar. Seen there are many good new fighters and UFC seem more fun to watch. I really like Mittrione fought, though i only saw him twice in the dvd. Looking forward to buy more UFC dvd's. Btw IMO the best fighter in Pride is Kazushi Sakuraba, well known as Gracie Hunter. Yes Gracie family owned UFC, everybody was afraid of them but not Sakuraba, he neutralized them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=MBtvfATml1s

Last edited:

OneUnited

Reaction score
UFC on Fox: Evans vs. Davis is on later tonight. I'll watch this event solely for Sonnen's post-fight interview.

It will be interesting to see how Evans does. First real test since May 2010.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
UFC on Fox: Evans vs. Davis is on later tonight. I'll watch this event solely for Sonnen's post-fight interview.

It will be interesting to see how Evans does. First real test since May 2010.

:lol:

Hell, one could just skip the event and watch the post fight press conference. :D

My bet is that he's gonna mess Bisping up. It's a shame that Munoz got injured, that fight would have been much better IMO.

Silva vs. Sonnen II it is. What a fight it's going to be. Trash talk starts tomorrow.

------

On another note, I've started MMA fighting again. Expect me in UFC next year or so :o :D

OneUnited

Reaction score
I gave that 29-28 in favour of Bisping. Sonnen looked crap.

Absolutely terrible event.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I gave that 29-28 in favour of Bisping. Sonnen looked crap.

Absolutely terrible event.

You can argue that the first round was a draw,but the last 2 where clearly Chael.Do agree he looked crap,why was he so exhausted right from the get go?

His post fight interview was hilarious as always,the guy is clearly fucked in the head ,awesome trolling yet again :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Hope he gets in his usual shape by august,Silva vs Sonnen is gonna be EPIC.

Gonna watch the rest of the fights later,i skipped forward for this one cause i wanted to see if he gets his rematch with Silva.

Last edited:

Schedule