The Anime/Manga Thread II

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
I just can't like Niang. His attitude and cockiness piss me off. Add his shit ability to read plays and he becomes even easier to hate.

I've heard of Kodomo no Omocha before. How good is it in your opinion?
How is he cocky? I can understand saying this back when he came(and got into a car accident and claimed he was Traore :g:) but now to me it seems like he's been humbled and is working hard
Almost everyone in this team is bad at reading attacking plays(and I think he'll improve...just last match in his goal it seemed like his positioning was very good there)

It's glorious
I'm usually not into romcoms(especially of the Shoujo variety) but this one is what I would call a "classic"

Let me give you a quick rundown

-Great likeable and interesting characters with tons of depth
-Funny quirky comedy
-Great writing,character development etc
-Good foreshadowing(but then again I'm bad at noticing hints)
-Tons of Tearjerking/Heartbreaking moments(if you're someone who cries easily,this shit will make you cry a lot)...but they also feel genuine and like part of the story...not manipulative shit(which I hate)
-It's but 51 chapters long but it doesn't feel "too short" despite

Now for the bad part
-The scanlations online have some random untranslated speech bubbles at times(nothing major though)

Read it on Bato.to or Mangareader(though the former usually has the highest quality scans)

And don't forget to also check out "Deep Clear" which is a short crossover of Kodocha and some other series from the same author(since it shows how some of the characters from Kodocha ended up in the far future which I won't spoil)

There's also another short spinoff one-shot(which you can find more info on from Myanimelist or Baka-Updates) but I never read that one since it didn't really seem important to me

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because Niang thinks he can be better than Henry :lol::lol::lol:

But it's not easy to make me cry and I critique rom coms very heavily since I don't like shit love stories. You probably saw my posts on Angel Beats and Golden Time :D

I trust your word on Kodocha since I know you're very picky with your anime as well.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Because Niang thinks he can be better than Henry :lol::lol::lol:

But it's not easy to make me cry and I critique rom coms very heavily since I don't like shit love stories. You probably saw my posts on Angel Beats and Golden Time :D

I trust your word on Kodocha since I know you're very picky with your anime as well.

And Bacca said he will be our Ronaldo Fenomeno(and he's far from it...he's more like a Pippo with a hint of Sheva)...words don't really mean shit what means is his performance in the pitch to me
Since he's hit stride these last few matches I have not seen him be lazy

I've not seen those critiques(but I remember you saying something about watching G-Rev inbetween your romcoms)

Yeah I can be pretty picky I'm a huge sperg :g:...I refuse to re-read Love Hina past chapter 20 for example :o
I always quit re-reading it when they meet Mutsumi because it just drags from that point on and is repetitive as hell
And also first 10 chapters are still the best...with the best chapter being the 2nd Christmas Chapter(which is Chapter 9)

Kodocha spends more time on comedy and character building and stuff
You're not going to get an argument between the two main love interests every single chapter but you will see some fun interaction
Like I don't know how to explain how it handles it's romance aspect...it's like it does it pretty well but it doesn't overdo it
And the characters are pretty believable for their age as well(they're 11/12 at the beginning of the story)...I think the author nailed it there
Also Sana doesn't wear a Wig when she's doing her acting job so fuck you Hannah Montana :g:

There's also a 90s anime adaptation of it but from what I've read from episode guides it's full of filler and doesn't even include the last arc(anime ended before the manga finished)
It's also 100+ episodes long so I didn't feel like watching it...but maybe someday

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And Bacca said he will be our Ronaldo Fenomeno(and he's far from it...he's more like a Pippo with a hint of Sheva)...words don't really mean shit what means is his performance in the pitch to me
Since he's hit stride these last few matches I have not seen him be lazy

I've not seen those critiques(but I remember you saying something about watching G-Rev inbetween your romcoms)

Yeah I can be pretty picky I'm a huge sperg :g:...I refuse to re-read Love Hina past chapter 20 for example :o
I always quit re-reading it when they meet Mutsumi because it just drags from that point on and is repetitive as hell
And also first 10 chapters are still the best...with the best chapter being the 2nd Christmas Chapter(which is Chapter 9)

Kodocha spends more time on comedy and character building and stuff
You're not going to get an argument between the two main love interests every single chapter but you will see some fun interaction
Like I don't know how to explain how it handles it's romance aspect...it's like it does it pretty well but it doesn't overdo it
And the characters are pretty believable for their age as well(they're 11/12 at the beginning of the story)...I think the author nailed it there
Also Sana doesn't wear a Wig when she's doing her acting job so fuck you Hannah Montana :g:

There's also a 90s anime adaptation of it but from what I've read from episode guides it's full of filler and doesn't even include the last arc(anime ended before the manga finished)
It's also 100+ episodes long so I didn't feel like watching it...but maybe someday

So it's basically like Kimi ni Todoke? (LOVE this series btw)

Is the main girl a kuudere?

If you ever want to join the anime squad for anime night; feel free to join in bro :D

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
So it's basically like Kimi ni Todoke? (LOVE this series btw)

Is the main girl a kuudere?
I've not read Kimi ni Todoke

The main girl is the MC and she's no Kuudere...she's very energetic,caring,always wants to help out people,can be pretty dense,has a temper,is very over-the-top etc.
She has a rivalry with the main guy

The manga is a very bizarre comedy mixed with romance and I think it's balanced well

P.S
I advise you to not check any wikipedia article of it or anything before reading it or you will immediately enter into spoiler territory

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've not read Kimi ni Todoke

The main girl is the MC and she's no Kuudere...she's very energetic,caring,always wants to help out people,can be pretty dense,has a temper,is very over-the-top etc.
She has a rivalry with the main guy

The manga is a very bizarre comedy mixed with romance and I think it's balanced well

P.S
I advise you to not check any wikipedia article of it or anything before reading it or you will immediately enter into spoiler territory

I do what I want :o jk I won't do that.

So she's an energetic faux-tsundere it seems :monto:

Molto points for not being submissive to the male MC :thumbsup:

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
I do what I want :o jk I won't do that.

So she's an energetic faux-tsundere it seems :monto:

Molto points for not being submissive to the male MC :thumbsup:

She's no tsundere...the temper is played for laughs she's not really mad at the Main Guy for minor things or anything(like Narusegawa is to Keitaro for example) unless it's something really big
She's a very happy character overall
Keep in mind she's 11 at the start of the series so she and a lot of the characters are naturally pretty childish

Oh man...you will admire her guts way way more when you actually see how the main guy is :D

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
AotY?

1. Kekkai Sensen
2. OPM
Edit. 3. Prison School
4. Ass Class

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One Punch Man, Shokugeki no Souma, Your Lie in April, and Prison School were the best for me personally.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Omg Prison School, how did I not even :fp:

I must be punished for this, VP pls :b:

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
One Punch Man, Shokugeki no Souma, Your Lie in April, and Prison School were the best for me personally.

Tried one punch man, didnt see the appeal. I mean, i just dont see how the plot can really develop. Youve got a semi-invisible guy who can beat the shit out of anyone with one punch. His only motivation is finding someone who can survive it. Then theres a bunch of characters that look up to him. Ok, is that it? I dont know, maybe im being too harsh

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Tried one punch man, didnt see the appeal. I mean, i just dont see how the plot can really develop. Youve got a semi-invisible guy who can beat the shit out of anyone with one punch. His only motivation is finding someone who can survive it. Then theres a bunch of characters that look up to him. Ok, is that it? I dont know, maybe im being too harsh
I missed you Pubes

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Omg Prison School, how did I not even :fp:

I must be punished for this, VP pls :b:

VP plsssss

K: Return of Kings and Sakurako san bla bla bla

All I know about K is that it has hot females.

Tried one punch man, didnt see the appeal. I mean, i just dont see how the plot can really develop. Youve got a semi-invisible guy who can beat the shit out of anyone with one punch.His only motivation is finding someone who can survive it. Then theres a bunch of characters that look up to him. Ok, is that it? I dont know, maybe im being too harsh

What more do you need!? :proud:

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't know that the last Jojo was in 2015.

Definitely the anime of the year.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
AOTY:

Kekkai Sensen for it's glorious animation and interesting concept.

Shimoneta for it's entertainment.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Shimoneta will never be the same since Anna's VA died this year :cry::cry::cry:
nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

Schedule